• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros: The RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

RookieSmasher

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros: The RPG

Introduction

Hello, I am RookieSmasher, and this Is the SSB: RPG. My idea is based off of many text rpgs and of course: Super Smash Bros. In this RPG, you will collect characters, fight by posts, gain money, and even customize your characters with new skills! I hope you enjoy this RPG.

The Basic Rules

Okay, so before we begin, there are a few basic rules you should no:
  1. Do not spam - We don't want to have to scroll past advertisements or how cute your cat is to get to the RPG parts. Try and stick to the RPG or at least SSB in your posts.
  2. Do not God-modding - Make sure your battles are two-sided. Nobody wants to read a match where you use three attacks and you win.
  3. No Bunnying - You may not use another RPGers profile unless they give me posted permission, and no taking all their money and giving it to yourself.
  4. No Insults - Friendly Taunting is okay, but don't go around swearing or whatever because somebody beat you, you don't like this RPG, or whatever. Keep it to yourself.

Characters Included in SSB

Now, the main part about this RPG are the characters. The list of characters you can collect includes any playable character appearing in SSB. I may also update the list of playable characters with some characters I feel can fit in. If you would like to see a character in this RPG, don't hesitate to PM me with your idea.

Here is the current list of characters as of 3/31/2008:
  • Bowser
  • Captain Falcon
  • Diddy Kong
  • Donkey Kong
  • Dr. Mario
  • Falco
  • Fox
  • Ganondorf
  • Ice Climbers
  • Ike
  • Jigglypuff
  • King Dedede
  • Kirby
  • Link
  • Lucario
  • Lucas
  • Luigi
  • Mario
  • Marth
  • Meta Knight
  • Mewtwo
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Ness
  • Olimar
  • Peach
  • Pichu
  • Pikachu
  • Pit
  • Pokemon Trainer(Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard)
  • R.O.B.
  • Roy
  • Samus
  • Sheik
  • Snake
  • Sonic
  • Toon Link
  • Wario
  • Wolf
  • Yoshi
  • Young Link
  • Zelda
  • Zero Suit Samus

If I missed any, let me know.

Sign-ups

Simply give us the name you want to be refererred to as and pick two characters from the list above. Remember, even though they transform into each other, Sheik/Zelda and Zero Suit Samus/Samus count as seperate characters.
This is my Sign-up.

Nickname: Rookie
Characters: Ike and Sonic

Once approved, you will get 500 Smash Coins and a list of your characters' special moves, final smashes, level, and how many stars until they level up.(Explained later) The post will look something like this:

RookieSmasher, you are approved. You get 500 Smash Coins, Sonic, and Ike. Enjoy the Rp.

Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Specials:

Homing Attack: After a small charge time, tackles nearest opponent.

Spin Dash: Spin across the ground a run into opponents. Jump into the air to combo. This move can be charged.

Spin Charge: Exactly like Spin Dash, but you can't jump.

Spring Jump: Jumps really high. If used on ground, leaves a spring for everybody's use.

Final Smash:

Super Sonic: Turns into Super Sonic and flies around smashing opponents.

Level 1

Stars until next level: 2

Ike (Fire Emblem)

Specials:

Eruption: Unleashes a tower of fire that can be charged. When fully charged, Ike gets burned too.

Quick Draw: Dashes forward and slashes opponent. The slash can be canceled and replaced with something else.

Counter: Ike takes no damage and strikes back with damage stronger than the opponent's attack.

Aether: Ike throws his sword, Ragnell, into the air, grabs it, and comes crashing down shouting "Aether." Pure Awesomeness if you ask me.

Final Smash:

Greath Aether: Ike slashes, knocking nearby opponents into the air. He then jumps, slashes them several times and comes crashing into the ground with a fiery explosion. Coolest. Final Smash. Ever.

Level 1

Stars until next level: 4
Once you're approved, keep all of your information somewhere(save it onto word or something, just not in this thread). This should include, but is not limited to: Your nickname, Smash Coins, Items, and Characters+their skills.

The Store

This is where you go to buy characters, skills, items, and something special with the smash coins you've earned through battling. Simply post saying you want to buy whatever and take your smash coins total, subtract item cost, and give me you new total.

example said:
I wanna buy waffles. I have 500 Smash Coins, they cost 50, I'm left with 450.
Then just wait to be approved.

Characters

These are characters you can buy, an easy way to add to your collection.

Mario Lv. 1 Costs 300, has all Brawl special moves.

Meta Knight Lv. 1 Costs 300, has all Brawl special moves.

SPOTLIGHT ITEM !Pit Lv. 5! Costs 1,000, Mirror Shield is replaced with Cloud Mist. Only 3 in Stock!

Cloud Mist: When Pit is hit, he disappears and counter attacks.

Items

These are the items you can use. Some items you keep forever. Some you lose when you use. Other have ammo, and you lose them when you run out.

Beam Sword Costs 50, Permanent ownership, give characters extended range.

Pitfall Costs 50, Lose when you use, traps opponent in the ground.

Ray Gun Costs 50, Ammo(13 shots), shoots green beams.

Smash Ball Costs 1,000, Lose when you use, Activates your Final Smash.

Skills

Buy these and you can give your characters new abilities, and even new final smashes!

Shockwave costs 200, Learned by Pikachu, unleashes a paralyzing wave.

Blade Toss costs 250, Learned by Lv. 8 or higher Meta Knight, throws the blade like a boomerang, but leaves you vulnerable until it returns.

FINAL SMASH: Arwing costs 700, Learned by Lv. 5 or higher Falco, summons the Arwing to fly around and shot lasers for one minute.

FINAL SMASH: Energy Blade Costs 1,000, Learned by Lv. 10 or higher Marth, A sword slash that hits any opponent, no matter how far away.

Misc. Items

These items decrease the number of paragraphs required to fulfill a smash quota.(Explained later)

Stickers costs 500, lose when you use, take 1 paragraph off of your quota.

Trophies costs 1,000, lose when you use, take 2 paragraphs off your quota.

CD costs 1,500, lose when you use, take 3 paragraphs off your quota.

Action Replay costs 3,000, lose when used, automatically fills quota, changes nickname to ".... the cheater" until used.

So yeah...If you buy the Action Replay, you better know when to use it.

Leveling Up

Okay, you heard about levels, stars, and level requirements. But what does it all mean? Allow me to explain. Your character's level shows how much effort you put into them.
The higher your character's level, the more techniques they can learn. Now let me tell you about stars. In the "Brawl" mode, have you noticed that stars appear near your name when you earn a ko?
That's the idea here. Earn stars by winning battles. You then choose which character gets the stars, but you have to decide as soon as you earn the stores. All the stars earned can only go to one character,
no splitting them among all characters you own. Post saying "I give my stars to..." then post your character's level and how many stars it takes until the next level. It should look like this:

you said:
The 3 stars go to Sonic.

Sonic Lv. 1

Stars til next lv: 2.
I reply like this:

me said:
Okay, Sonic gets 3 stars. 2 stars put him at level 2, and there is one more star.

Sonic Lv. 2

Stars til next lv: 3
Now, you may have noticed that Ike needs 4 stars to reach level 2. This is because of "Level Balance."
You wouldn't want to fight an Ike that was level 9 in only 18 battles. To even things out,
stronger characters level up slower than weaker ones, but learn moves sooner. So far, the lowest stars
needed to reach level 2 is 2. The highest is 5, King Dedede holds that honor, since his Forward Smash ko's
anybody with 20% damage. Another thing, some skills say learned by level whatever whoever, those are
moves that change the way a character works, so they require you to be at a certain level to be learned.
Some characters(like Meta Knight) you need to earn their specials before you can teach them. Others(like Bowser),
only need you to reach a certain level to learn them.

Battles

Now the moment you've all been waiting for: battling. There are 3 types of battles you can participate in.

Standard Battles: Simply say, I would like a standard battle. I will decide rules, a smash quota, and opponents. I will post them and you choose your characters. Sometimes you battle Giants, other times its 2-vs-2. So long as you meet the quota you're fine. You can also battle other RP'ers.

Event Matches: Matches that involve specific characters. These usually unlock something for you. Request one and I will give it to you. There are two special types of events.

Challenger Approaching! When new characters are added, this event will appear. You fight the new character and if you reach the quota, you get them. Simple.

Boss You battle a boss for a lot of coins and stars. I list what moves they have, you do the rest.

Wi-fi: You battle another Rper online. You can only use Brawl characters, moves, and items, but it require more skill. Both battlers must post the outcome for rewards to be earned.

Smash Quota

The smash quota is very simple. I give you a fight and a quota. This is the number of paragraphs(not posts) you need to win a fight. Be creative and keep the battle interesting to fill this easily.

Battle rules

1. All posts must be at least paragraph long.
  2. No God-modding
  3. No Filler Garbage
  4. Be Creative
  5. You may only use an attack once per post(Meaning, don't use forward smash and then use it again in the same post, attack as much as you want, but don't repeat and moves.)

Vs. Rp'er rules

1. You must both fill the quota before the match can be finished.
  2. PM me links to all posts in the battle.
  3. I will link them in a post and the other Rp'ers vote to see who won.
  4. First to 3 votes wins.

Battle Tactics

• Use your best description possible to fill the quota.
  • Make it clear what moves you are using.
  • At the bottom of your post, use a summary of what moves you did like so:
Let's say Meta Knight used a Forward Smash. Then he used Drill Rush. Later, he shielded and used Dimensional Cape.

• Meta Knight uses Forward Smash
  • Drill Rush
  • Shield and combos into Dimensional Cape

Yeah, make sure you do that so your opponent knows what you're doing,

Advanced Tactics

1. Chaining. This is a good way to fill a quota. Its easy too if you think about it. For example, Pit uses Paulentena's Bow to shoot at Fox. The Fox poster uses Reflector. Now Pit uses Mirror Shield, see the chain? Fox runs, jumps over the arrow and uses Fire Fox. Now Pit dodges and uses a stand attack. If you think, you can easily make an endless chain.

2. Counters. Like chaining, only they can't be stopped. Anything that prevents damage is a counter. Shielding, reflecting, and dodging can all be considered counters. Counters help fill your quota more than the opponent. Let's say Pit throws a Bomb-omb and fires an arrow. Wario dodges the arrow, a counter. Wario eats the bomb, taking minimal damage, another counter. Pit charges with an attack, but Wario uses the Wario Corkscrew to damage and dodge. Not only does the counterer get to describe the opponent's attack, but they can also describe their counter move. Two moves in one post.

Punishment

Break any rules or cheat (Use stuff that you don't have.) and you get punished.

First offense-Warning

Second Time- 3-day account freezing, can't access your money or items, but you still battle and earn money.

Third Time- 3-day suspension, can't do anything here.

Fourth time- Permanent suspension.

Moderators

If you wish to be a moderator, and haven't needed to be talked to, ask and I'll see if you have been good. Moderators can basically do everything I can, except update the Rp.

Member's List

Moderators

RookieSmasher-"Rookie" (Admin)

Good luck and enjoy the RP. Sign up now!

maskedboy09

Smash Rookie
maskedboy09

I'll have Lucas, sides he is my younger twin and I'll have Ness also.
All darn, I revealled a Mother 3 spoiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom