• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diplomacy: THE GAME IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spam_master

Smash Rookie
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Diplomacy/Rules

For a long time I was planning on writing the rules up for you, but I realized it would be quicker if I just linked them. So, read above, then read below for the changes.

How to play online:

1. First, you have to PM me with what you do, as like how before you would write something down.

2. No abbreviations for provinces. I know most people do that, but as I'm assuming most people here will be new I figure it will be easier this way. Plus I don't know them. You can abreviate all you want in the thread, just not in your actions.

3. You can communicate with anyone, anywhere, here or through PM or through aim. Anything. The only thing that holds is what you PM me, so feel free to lie as much as you want anywhere. Open alliances, back door alliance, hidden collations, downright backstabbing, and honesty are all part of this game. Finding a balance is the toughest part. Too devious and no one will trust you, too honest and you'll be betrayed to your doom.

That, coupled with the link I gave, is the basics for how to play Diplomacy. Feel free to ask any questions about it.

Also, I don't have a map up yet. I'm still looking around for one I like enough to use.

Seven people play the game, the first seven to post will get in.

1. Eor
2. Mcloud
3. KevinM
4. Riciardos
5. Handorin
6. Tom
7. Wikipedia

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Here is the map we will be using:

Im going to assign everyone countries and send out messages over the weekend

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Sorry I've been having some internet trouble lately. They are going out now. Everyone has 4 days to respond

Handorin

Smash Hero
Im not sure when we are starting, (couple days?) but I will be in Orlando for a band trip until Sunday night. I might be able to get to the boards a few times because Im taking my Wii and hopefully I can connect to Wifi.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Hey, Eor, unblock me on AIM. I want to make sure I understand the rules and have the basic idea of the game right.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If I'm understanding the rules correctly, we can't start until game_master chooses a map for us to play with. =/ *waits*

Also, can you tell us everyone's respective countries? and are we allowed to communicate with them immediately?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I believe, through the rules, that we're allowed to talk to eachother already. The countries aren't kept secret, so I see no reason not to.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
We are still waiting on Riciardos. Also, Pythag has dropped out.

You guys can talk to each other by whatever means you choose, but I'd prefer you didnt start until I start the game.

Also, I'm not going to tell everyones countries. It is up to you whether or not you wish to share and with whom, or even to tell the truth.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Sorry to keep you guys waiting, but Im here.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
The game iis a foot!

Spring 1901

You all have till Sunday the 18th to send me your first actions

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Wow, I didn't realize that until now

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think talking about what country we are is absolutely necessary. We'll all know who we are soon enough.

I'm Italy

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Alright, I figured out an acceptable edit system (stuff is really tiny, and I don't have photoshop). That means that any of the 4 remaining people who haven't sent me actions will have their countries put into s state of civil unrest if they do not send me actions by 12 noon tomorrow.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
It is practically impossible to get people to give me coherent directions.

I am getting stuff like move west or hold everything.

Top Bottom