• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomafia 1 - Game Over - Town Wins!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Welcome to Smash World Forum's 16th iteration of the great forum game, Mafia! I'm hoping that this game will be the first in a line of many Mafia games that I hold in SWF's Decisive Games subforum.

As this mafia game is the first in a series, we're going to start out with only 7 player slots, given on a first come first serve basis. Anyone interested in playing will be signed up as a replacement. I will post the scenario and story behind the game once we have seven members signed up to play and they have checked back in once I have sent out roles. Checking back in will be mandatory, to weed out once-comers.

The following three links are the normal reading for newcomers.

Flash Tutorial: http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikeburnfire/mafiascum04.swf
Newbie Guide: http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Newbie_Guide
Basic Role Guide: http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Roles

Mafia games are a lot of fun, but do not sign up if you do not know that you are able to commit. Being inactive won't be fun for you, and it will slow down the game and obviously ruin it for everyone else. I'm sorry to say this, but as the Game moderator, I will show no remorse for those who disrespect the spirit of the game. I reserve the right to pull you out of the game (even preemptively), and I will not tolerate informal complaints. If you have a problem with something that I have done, you will PM me with the problem and possible solutions. I will be respectful and courteous as long as you are.

The Rules:

1.) All votes and unvotes must be bolded. No exceptions, or they will not get counted. Please do not abbreviate vote, unvote, or the target's name.

2.) When changing your vote you must unvote your previous vote. This helps like you wouldn't believe.

3.) Absolutely no editing of your posts. If you need to say something or forgot to say something, simply double post. Post count is not accumulated in Forum Games, so as long as you don't triple post for no reason, there is no problem. You have only one warning from post editing, and then I will either modkill or replace you. You have been warned. =)

4.) Unless you are mafia, or your role specifically states that you may do so, there is no outside communication about this game allowed. If I find out that something like that is going on, you'll be replaced/modkilled. No warnings for this rule.

5.) No quoting PM's from me. I don't care if you post the actual thing, or if you forge it. If it looks like a genuine PM from me you're getting replaced/mod killed.

6.) Take the game seriously. Don't ruin everyone else's fun. If I feel you are doing nothing but try to disrupt the game, I'll replace/modkill you. This is the purposefully ambiguous mod-powers rule, and I do not look forward to any situation where I would have to flex this muscle. But I will take out the gun if you're being dumb. Remember that purposefully ruining a Decisive Game is a suspensionable or bannable offense.

7.) A lynch occurs when a majority of the players able to vote, vote for a single player. At that time, the person is lynched and any vote changes after that will not be counted. The game then moves into the twilight period, during which players may still post, except the person who was just lynched. Until I post the lynch scene the game is in twilight. After I post the lynch scene the game moves on to night and NO POSTING IS ALLOWED! If you have a question please PM me. Don't post. There is no need to. Even the person who just died needs to wait until the next morning to post their "Bah humbug, go town/mafia!" post (which for those of you who don't know may not contain any info relating to the game). Only after I post stating the new day has begun, can players begin to post again.

8.) I reserve the right to place deadlines on lynches, night role choices, etc. I will extend, shorten or lift these deadlines as I see fit. All deadlines will be placed in an effort to speed up the game should it become lethargic.

9.) Don't break any SWF rules, or else you'll have more than just this one Grimer on your tail.

Win Conditions for the Mafia: If you are mafia aligned, you win when it is logically impossible for the mafia to lose any more members.

Sign-ups

X. Handorin - Nightkilled Night 1 (Town aligned)
2. tmw_redcell - Survived to endgame
3. McCloud - Survived to endgame
X. Eor - Lynched Day 3 (Mafia aligned)
X. Lance87 - Lynched Day 2 (Mafia aligned)
X. Marshigio - Nightkilled Night 2 (Town aligned)
X. spam_master - Lynched Day 1 (Town aligned)

Replacements

1. Mr.Lombardi34
2. Flipstar

Lets make this a fun experience, shall we?

Edit: GAME OVER! Good job town.

All role PMs. (link)
All night actions. (link)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'll join too.

EDIT:I propose that the last place be reserved for Natirasha.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
in
10 characters
Edit: I think I scared him off when I told him what else I had found out about him that I didn't post, I think he might have been a little freaked when he saw his home address and phone number.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Thank you all for your quick signups, this is going to be a great experience. Roles have been determined and PMs will be sent out tonight.

If anyone would like to play who was too late to sign up, please post your interest and I will write you down as a replacement.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
All seven roles have been sent out to,

1. Handorin
2. tmw_redcell
3. McCloud
4. Eor
5. Lance87
6. Marshigio
7. spam_master

For the game to begin, you must post in this thead, confirming that you received and understand your role. Just post "confirmed" or "understood" or "ready to play" or something of that sort, do not begin playing the game.

Once all seven players have confirmed, I will post the premise and begin Day 1.

Handorin

Smash Hero
While we wait, Im joining Lance for my first lynch vote.

Vote: Obama

haha

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
“When you boarded the plane, did you notice that there were only seven passengers? Maybe you were tired, and planned to sleep on the plane. When you walked by the cockpit, did you notice the double reinforced steel plated doors blocking your entrance? Maybe you had one too many drinks at the bar before boarding call. When you walked into this cabin, did even notice… me?”

Collectively looking up, the passengers take a nice, long look at the sole flight attendant… if he could be called an attendant in that eccentric, black suit. A large man -- dark and bald. A gruesome scar scratches vertically down his left eye, whitened by injury and unusable. He surveys the crowd, seemingly staring into your inner thoughts.

“If you would all take your seats,” he motions.

The large, luxurious seats in the passenger cabin are arranged in a circle, all facing each other, surrounding a trap-door hatch in the floor. You each find a specific seat, designated by your date of birth.

“It has come to my attention that more than one of you passengers boarded this plane with the intent of a hijack. I regret to inform you that it is up to you as a collective entity to determine the identity of the terrorists. When you have decided as a group which individual you wish to… drop… they will be expelled out of the plane via the hatch in the center of the floor. Upon their death, you will be notified of their identity. Whether this plane safely reaches its destination or we give the newly elected leader of the free world a nice welcoming present, I am pleased to announce that Flight 001 will be an experience that you will never forget.”

“After you choose your target, we will take a break and refreshments will be served. The plane is now at an altitude of 15,000 feet, and the selection process for the first target will now begin.”

DAY 1 BEGINS

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I doubt that there's more than 2 mafia members in this game, there usually isn't in a 7 player game, seeing as these games normally have at least 3 townies for every mafia member. There's even been a few on here with more than that. The flash tutorial backs me up on this.

We can't really try to figure things out from the theme, so it doesn't look like we'll be spending much time on that, thankfully.

Captain Obvious rant, over.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
We signed up and confirmed in the same order

Vote: Spam_Master and Lance87

For being against me me in South Park Mafia II >: ( >:( >:( >:(

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Bah, stupid forum ruined my emoticons.

>: ( * x3

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Unvote: everyone

Stupid Tom won't let me vote for two people.

Anyways, I'm not sure what to do. I assume that it's 2 mafia (as Marshigo said), one independent (possibly not), a cop, a doctor, a serial killer, and a regular person.

But until we have something more to go on. Vote: Marshigo, because when I see people question the number of mafia they tend to be mafia. I have nothing else to go on other then that, if we're actually going to lynch him for something so small I'll unvote, but until then...

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
unvote: Eor

kk, done with the first day ******** votes

Does anyone know if there's still a big line for who's holding the next mafia games? I've got one almost done but I don't wanna waste my time finishing it if it's gonna be another 6 months... (back on topic next post I swear)

Handorin

Smash Hero
So, do we get peanuts or a soft drink before our first official break? (after lynching)

Im pretty hungry.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I'm now fairly confident that marshigio is mafia, if he wasnt I feel like the mafia would have dropped the hammer by now.

But, I'm a little worried about eor. I'm predicting a Marshigio/eor mafia. This game is so short that a backstab on a mafia member would be difficult to catch untill it was to late.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Spam, I have no idea why you're so confident on your instincts, it's completely idiotic. I also can't believe that I'm actually posting something this long on the first page, but I just want to make sure that nobody takes spam master's claim seriously.

Vote: marshigioAwkward speech
Coming from the guy who was ready to go on a campaign around Antonio Bay as if it was some kind of real time strategy war game. Mmkay, thanks for letting me know that I can skip your posts.

and pressure
How menacing. You could've at least been fair and somewhat interesting with it by using random.org, it makes a lot more sense that what you did. Seriously, can you give something real?

Anyways, I'm not sure what to do. I assume that it's 2 mafia (as Marshigo said), one independent (possibly not), a cop, a doctor, a serial killer, and a regular person.
You agree with me.

But until we have something more to go on. Vote: Marshigo, because when I see people question the number of mafia they tend to be mafia.
Yet you vote me for it, and even expand on it. That's like if I voted you because you thought that there was an independent in the game, obviously, you must be independent.

I'm now fairly confident that marshigio is mafia, if he wasnt I feel like the mafia would have dropped the hammer by now.
If anything, the mafia hasn't dropped the hammer because a) they're not active. Give people a few days to do something, it's only been, what, a day? and/or b) they actually don't want to bandwagon someone to death since it is suspicious and just plain stupid, at least with your "reasoning", if I can call it that.

More likely, the mafia is watching this play out and enjoying themselves as they watch you attack me over something so trivial. How obvious would it have been if 2 people had strolled into the thread and just voted me because you said so? I wouldn't be surprised if they were laying low and biding their time as they watch everybody else bicker over nothing. You're doing exactly what they want you to do.

But, I'm a little worried about eor. I'm predicting a Marshigio/eor mafia. This game is so short that a backstab on a mafia member would be difficult to catch untill it was to late.
Stop jumping to conclusions. When I come in here and try to tell people something useful (not that it's that useful, but it's still better than nothing), you jump on me and vote. When Eor tries to expand on it, you just assume that he's working with me. Why are you so quick to attack others, especially over little things? I mean, you don't even wait to see the others post (yes, McCloud, Lance and Handorin have posted, but nothing about the actual game.), all of your posts are just twitchy.

So I'm going to keep my vote on Spam, I had it on him because I thought he was joking about his vote on me at the beginning, but it seems that he honestly thinks he knows what he's doing. Knowing that, I keep it on him because he jumps to conclusions based on his gut, is impatient, and I see him as the weakest link. No matter what his role is, he isn't helping anybody by jumping on me just because I stated the obvious. Well, maybe the mafia.

Regardless, I now take his vote with a grain of salt.

Also, about the mafia hosting, smashman90 said something about having one in Mafia Mafia. I have one too, but I don't mind waiting for others. I could host it in a week or I could host it in a year, doesn't really matter.

Handorin

Smash Hero
What do you mean I havnt posted anything about the game? I said I was hungry and was wondering if we could get some light refreshments on this flight.

The main reason I havnt posted anything is because I don't really know what to post on dawn of Day 1. Nothing has happened...so what's there to post? It's my playstyle.

I'm actually more worried of spam_master because of his early conclusions. As Marsh said about Mafia watching this play out, it could just as easily be spam_master who blatently attacked, or it could be me who has ridden the line.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
My point was that we're still on the first page (on 40 posts per page anyway) and nothing has happened yet. I wasn't attacking you, McCloud or Lance, just that none of what you guys posted is useful to the game. Nor am I saying that there is much to talk about or that I expect somebody to just come in here and post some huge theory, which is why I'm confused as to why Spam is so ridiculously quick on drawing conclusions.

Top Bottom