• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

READ THIS Before Requesting a Sig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
Rules for Signature Requests:

1.) DO NOT REQUEST A SIG FROM MULTIPLE SHOPS AT THE SAME TIME. This is rude. Sig shop artists will post example images on the very first page of their thread. Choose your shop based on the style you enjoy the most and SHOP CAREFULLY. Take the time to look around so you will be happy with your sig once it's been made.

You wouldn't go to an Italian restaurant to order something Japanese. Don't go to a shop that specializes in hardcore graphic design and expect them to make you something glowing and elegant. Most shops are relatively diverse, but every artist has a unique style. Choose the one you think can adhere to your request better and stick with it.

2.) DO NOT REQUEST A SIG FROM ONE SHOP ONE WEEK AND ANOTHER SHOP THE NEXT WEEK.

3.) Specify in as much detail as possible what you'd like your signature to look like. This includes, but is not limited to:
  • Size
  • Basic Color Ideas
  • Theme
  • Text/Formatting
  • Background Ideas
  • Images or Characters
  • Frame or No Frame

If you don't know all of these things, there's nothing wrong with that. HOWEVER, expect a signature that isn't EXACTLY what you're picturing in your head. Shop owners are not mind readers. It isn't fair to leave out details and then, once the artist has posted your sig, ask them to change or add something to it. Most sig shops will be willing to change your sig for you once or twice, but it IS a pain and we'd rather get it right the first time! SO HELP US HELP YOU and BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE.

4.) Include in your request any and ALL key images you'd like in your sig. Backgrounds are generally up to the artist, unless you have a specific image you'd like incorporated in there. Do not ask the sig shop owner to go hunting around the internet for a picture. This is your job.

5.) IT IS NOT THE SIG SHOP OWNER'S JOB TO TAKE CUSTOM PHOTOGRAPHS FOR YOU. This is also your job.

6.) If you don't like what is made for you, make it yourself. If you really really really want changes or revisions made, please request them politely, but don't expect that everybody will do it for you.

7.) Be patient. Shop artists have lives outside of SWF. Respect their privacy and their space. Make your request, be polite, and you will most likely be added to their running lists of clients.

8.) Having your personalized signature is a privilege, not a right. Shop owners have the permanent, undeniable right to refuse your request if you have violated any of these or their own personal rules.

9.) Give credit where credit is due. If you didn't make the sig, don't turn around and claim that you made it on this or any other site.

10.) If you request an avatar to go along with your signature, remember that avatars are SMALL. Most sig artists understand that, so if they can't fit your entire name on the avatar please understand: they're trying their very hardest to give you a great avatar, and personalize it as well. If the artists feels like your name won't fit on there, let them find a clever solution to the problem. Like using your initials for example.

11.) If you do require or request a redesign for one reason or another, do not expect it to happen instantly. If the shop owner has a long list of people waiting, and you want something else done to your already-completed sig, you MAY be put on the end of the list. You MIGHT be taken care of immediately, but it is entirely up to the artist. Many factors go into sig-making, so please take this into account.

12.) Understand the size you've requested and what it will do to your signature space. This means that if you order a sig that is "full size" (that means it will take up your entire sig area) do not, upon receiving the sig, put text or links above the sig. THIS WILL CUT OFF YOUR SIG and diminish the overall look and appeal of the image. If you want space to put your links or quotes, communicate this to the sig artist so they can tailor a smaller sig to fit your needs.

Remember: When you request a signature, you are requesting a specially-tailored, unique piece of art. People usually have to pay for this kind of thing. The cooler you appear to the artist, the more willing they'll be to work with you through redesigns and other things. So be polite, be understanding, and remember: we WANT to help you. Make your requests as clear and as easy-to-understand as possible and you'll more than likely end up with one of the coolest things you've ever seen :)

A_man13

Smash Master
I DEMAND this to be stickied. This would help me, you, Weed, and all other sig makers out. It will need some minor alterations, but it's good otherwise.

SmashFusion

Smash Rookie
I really hope this gets sticked so people would stop being rude and all that stuff

lordunicorn3

Smash Journeyman
STICKY NOW!!!!
thank you so much naybewon, this would help all sig makers out soooo much

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good grief, sorry I'm in a different timezone and when this was posted it happened to be my sleep time. : P

8.) Be patient.

Follow your own rules darlings. :]

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Edited. Sig makers, please keep in mind that ultimately you are responsible to set the rules for your own shop, within reason, and although these guidelines will be in place, they are guidelines, and just that. If you are having problems with users, please refer them to a moderator, and contact us about it, do not deal with the problem yourself.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Great. You really were going to do this. This will help, though I already closed my shop. Oh well. Cheers for your success, A_man, lordunicorn, and Naybewon.

A_man13

Smash Master
Thanks. You really ought to open again sometime. Some of the better stuff (way better than mine) I've seen here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom