• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomafia 2: Inactivity Abandoned [ALL ROLES POSTED FOR FUN]

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Welcome to Smash World Forum's newest iteration of the great forum game, Mafia! This is Tom's second mafia game, remarkably named Tomafia2. This game was originally announced to be a venture into Speedmafia, but poor planning on my part plus my discovery of the java-based speedmafia website http://www.epicmafia.com/ reverted this game back to regular forum mafia.

This game will be an open setup, akin to most Smash World Forums mafia games, meaning that you will not be told all of the roles possible in the game. There will be 11 (eleven) players in this game.

If you have signed up for Tomafia2, and you have not signed up for Human Body Mafia hosted by Mediocre, then I recommend that you look into it. It will be a larger game and will be very fun. Also, if you are in Tomafia2 and also in MARVEL Mafia, then you have acknowledged that you will continue to be active in MARVEL Mafia. Participation in Tomafia2 is no excuse for inactivity in MARVEL Mafia or Human Body Mafia. Know your limits, or request to be replaced if you realize you do not have enough time to continue one or both of the games.

Mafia games are a lot of fun, but do not sign up if you do not know that you are able to commit. Being inactive won't be fun for you, and it will slow down the game and obviously ruin it for everyone else. I'm sorry to say this, but as the Game moderator, I will show no remorse for those who disrespect the spirit of the game. I reserve the right to pull you out of the game (even preemptively), and I will not tolerate informal complaints. If you have a problem with something that I have done, you will PM me with the problem and possible solutions. I will be respectful and courteous as long as you are.

As a new addition to Tomafia2, there will be a 72 hour activity requirement. If you are inactive for over 72 hours, you will be sent an activity prod PM. If you do not then post within 48 hours, you will be replaced. Multiple activity prod PMs will be tolerated until I decide that you have shown lackluster attention to this game, and then you will be notified of your replacement. If you need to go Vacation/Limited Access (V/LA), then please post accordingly and we will be accommodating.

The following three links are the normal reading for newcomers.

Flash Tutorial: http://www.sitesled.com/members/mike...afiascum04.swf
Newbie Guide: http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Newbie_Guide
Basic Role Guide: http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Roles

The Rules:

1.) All votes and unvotes must be bolded. No exceptions, or they will not get counted. Please do not abbreviate vote, unvote, or the target's name.

2.) When changing your vote you must unvote your previous vote. This helps like you wouldn't believe.

3.) Absolutely no editing of your posts. If you need to say something or forgot to say something, simply double post. Post count is not accumulated in Forum Games, so as long as you don't triple post for no reason, there is no problem. You have only one warning from post editing, and then I will replace you. You have been warned. =)

4.) Unless you are mafia, or your role specifically states that you may do so, there is no outside communication about this game allowed. If I find out that something like that is going on, you'll be replaced. No warnings for this rule.

5.) No quoting PM's from me. I don't care if you post the actual thing, or if you forge it. If it looks like a genuine PM from me you're getting replaced or mod-killed.

6.) Take the game seriously. Don't ruin everyone else's fun. If I feel you are doing nothing but try to disrupt the game, I'll replace you. This is the purposefully ambiguous mod-powers rule, and I do not look forward to any situation where I would have to flex this muscle. But I will take out the gun if you're being dumb. Remember that purposefully ruining a Decisive Game is a suspensionable or bannable offense.

7.) A lynch occurs when a majority of the players able to vote, vote for a single player. At that time, the person is lynched and any vote changes after that will not be counted. The game then moves into the twilight period, during which players may still post, except the person who was just lynched. Until I post the lynch scene the game is in twilight. After I post the lynch scene the game moves on to night and NO POSTING IS ALLOWED! If you have a question please PM me. Don't post. There is no need to. Even the person who just died needs to wait until the next morning to post their "Bah humbug, go town/mafia!" post (which for those of you who don't know may not contain any info relating to the game). Only after I post stating the new day has begun, can players begin to post again. If you have died, you are only allowed a "bah humbug, go town/mafia!" post. Do not complain about your death or say "told you so" or talk about anything related to game specifics. You will receive SWF infractions if you disobey this rule.

8.) I reserve the right to place deadlines on lynches, night role choices, etc. I will extend, shorten or lift these deadlines as I see fit. All deadlines will be placed in an effort to speed up the game should it become lethargic. If not specifically stated otherwise, when a deadline is reached, a plurality will be considered a majority and the one with the most votes will be lynched.

9.) Don't break any SWF rules.

Win Conditions for the Mafia: If you are mafia aligned, you win when your numbers equal the numbers of every other faction combined.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Sign-ups:
1. Handorin
2. McCloud
3. tmw_redcell
4. Pythag
X. KevinM (Jessica Alba, vanilla townie; nightkilled N1)
6. Marshigio
7. -Chad-
8. Variola
9. BreakWing
10. MrLombardi
11. Red Alloy

Replacements:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Remember to recommend a date/day/time combination that you would like to see if the current one would not work for you. If the current one does, please confirm so.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'll join your tomfoolery (ho ho ho)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Remember that if Sunday from 5-8PM EST is not a good time for you to play, try to specify a time where you could get together with all of us.

I would really like for all eleven people to be there. I can always have a Night 0 if we're down one person and no replacements, but I'd hate to modkill like that.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
We're going to have to reschedule for two weeks from today. We really need eleven people for this to be fun. =/

Thank you for the interest, and if you can still make it, please say so. If by two weeks we don't have eleven people, I'll have to find an alternative.

Also, I've been playing a ****load of speedmafia recently, and It seems like we will be able to play a lot of games. I may make it an open set up (where you know all the roles that are in the game but not who has them), and then we can play the same game multiple times from different perspectives.

Get back at me about it. =)

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gosh, I hope I can still make it with the date change.
I should be able to. I'll let you know if I can't

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
work just scheduled for me to work at five...
I appear to be out as well.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Well, the goal of this was simply going to be for all of you to play some speedmafia, but there is a much better solution. The website http://www.epicmafia.com/ runs a java based chat speedmafia, where all the roles in the game are known, and the community its fairly awesome. We already have a good group of smashers playing at epicmafia, including: Tomkitty, McCloud, Handorin, Lance87, Breakwing, MrLombardi, and Eor (sometimes?). If you want to play speedmafia, you should go to epicmafia.

Tomafia2 will have to be postpwnd for good.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
nope, I dislike epicmafia. I don't go there. Mafia is no fun if you can't do elaborate manipulations and schemes.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Could we just give this a complete makeover and turn this into a regular 11-man game? The sign-ups could be redone, and it'd be fun to have a smaller game like the original Tomafia, though it's cool if Tom isn't up for it.

EDIT: Makeover!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
MAKEOVER DONE! SIGNUPS RESET!

I am sending PMs to everyone who was previously signed up about the change.

Top Bottom