• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon text RPG

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
NO MORE PLAYERS. Sorry, but it's hard to balance so many people, and I don't think we can handle anymore.

So, it's safe to assume that most of us have played and all of us have heard of the Pokemon games. It was only a matter of time before this thread was made.

It will take place in the original Pokemon world of Kanto and will ONLY have the original 151 Pokemon. A map of Kanto can be found here and a list of the original 151 Pokemon can be found here.

The rules are:

1) The starter Pokemon are Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Pikachu.
2) You can only earn items through the GMs saying that you found an item or you buying one from the pokemart (this will be explained later)
3) Mew will only be given to the first player to defeat the Elite Four. This is not to say that he is the most powerful in this game, but it would be pretty cool for you to hold your shiny one-of-a-kind pokemon over every other players head.
4) Each player will start with 2 Pokeballs and $50
5) Any requests for what Pokemon you want to see will result in you SPECIFICALLY not getting that Pokemon for your next three encounters.
6)If you use a Pokemon during a turn (meaning if you're in a battle. If you move to a different location, you don't have to worry about this), please post it's current level and exp at the bottom of the post. We'll still be keeping track of it up here, but it's much easier for us just to read off of your pages than have to reference Spire's post every time. If we ever catch you cheating, however, all your Pokemon will be replaced with level 1 Pokemon eggs. Or, in other terms, you will be booted from the game.
7) At the end of your post, please post the amount of money and the number of Pokeballs that you have. As with the other rule, cheating will get you banned.

You only have to post your Pokemon info once per page. If you change Pokemon, however, you do need to post the info for that Pokemon.

The level-up system will be as follows:

All Pokemon will start at level 5.

5-6 > + 1 exp
6-7 > + 1 exp
7-8> + 2 exp
8-9 > + 2 exp
9-10 > + 3exp

and so on and so forth. One exp will be rewarded per wild pokemon kill (unless you caught it). This can change to two exp if the Pokemon is powerful, such as a Dragonair. One exp will be rewarded for beating a trainer with one pokemon, two for a trainer with two or three pokemon, three for a trainer with four or five pokemon, and four for a trainer with six pokemon. It will be rare to encounter a trainer with above three pokemon.

The money system will go as follows:

$100 will be rewarded for defeating a trainer with 1-3 pokemon. $200 will be rewarded for defeating a trainer with 4-6 pokemon.

Items are as follows:

Pokeball - $50
Greatball - $100
Ultraball - $200
All evolution stones - $400
Masterball - These will only be rewarded after catching ALL legendary Pokemon. This is to avoid these being caught to easily.
Any TM - $500
Old Rod - $300
Good Rod - $600 (enables you to capture any Pokemon that is needed to be caught with a fishing Rod with the exclusion of Gyrados)
Great Rod - $1000 (Enables you to capture Gyrados)

No Team Rocket. You will be a normal trainer traveling through Kanto trying to defeat the Gym Leaders and ultimately the Elite Four.

Gym Leaders:

Brock: Pewter City
Lv 8 Geodude
Lv 12 Onix

Misty: Cerulean City
Lv 14 Staryu
Lv 17 Starmie

Lt. Surge: Vermilian City
Lv 17 Voltorb
Lv 14 Pikachu
Lv 20 Raichu

Erika: Celadon City
Lv 25 Victreebell
Lv 20 Tangela
Lv 25 Vileplume

Sabrina: Saffron City
Lv 30 Kadabra
Lv 29 Mr. Mime
Lv 30 Venomoth
Lv 35 Alakazam

Koga: Fusha City

Lv 33 Koffing
Lv 35 Muk
Lv 33 Koffing
Lv 36 Weezing

Blaine: Cinnabar Island

Lv 38Growlithe
Lv 40 Ponyta
Lv 38 Rapidash
Lv 42 Arcanine

Giovanni: Viridian City

Lv 43 Rhyhorn
Lv 40 Dugtrio
Lv 42 Nidoqueen
Lv 44 Nidoking
Lv 46 Rhydon

5 exp will be rewarded to ALL Pokemon in the party upon defeat of a Gym Leader.

Elite Four:

Lorelei

Lv 46 Dewgong
Lv 46 Cloyster
Lv 46 Slowbro
Lv 46 Jynx
Lv 46 Lapras

Bruno

Lv 47 Onix
Lv 47 Hitmonchan
Lv 47 Hitmonlee
Lv 47 Onix
Lv 47 Machamp

Agatha

Lv 48 Gengar
Lv 48 Golbat
Lv 48 Haunter
Lv 48 Arbok
Lv 48 Gengar

Lance

Lv 49 Gyrados
Lv 49 Dragonair
Lv 49 Dragonair
Lv 49 Aerodactyl
Lv 49 Dragonite

Champion - Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur starters

Lv 50 Pidgeot
Lv 50 Alakazam
Lv 50 Rhydon
Lv 50 Gyrados
Lv 50 Arcanine
Lv 50 3rd evolution of counter-starter

Champion - Pikachu starters

Lv 50 Sandslash
Lv 50 Alakazam
Lv 50 Exeggutor
Lv 50 Cloyster
Lv 50 Ninetails
Lv 50 Jolteon

Level up system:

2nd evolutions will happen at level 15. 3rd evolutions will happen at level 35. Stone evolutions can happen at any point in the game.

Move system:

All Pokemon can only learn four moves (with the exception of Mew who has access to all moves in the game). Each player will start with ONE copy of ALL TMs and ALL HMs. Extra TMs much be purchased for $500 each.

Safari Zone:

It will cost $300 dollars to enter the Safari Zone. You have 24 hours in real-time from the moment you say you enter the Safari Zone to go around and catch Pokemon. For this game, we will pretend that the Safari Zone is just one giant area. No zones 1-4.

The battle system will remain somewhat close to the game. Safari Balls won't suck, and you can throw up to three rocks at a time, but there's no guarantee that you won't accidentally knock a Pokemon out if you do that. GMs, as normal, will initiate Pokemon responses.

Flying:

You are able to fly to anywhere in this game. If you want to fly to town's only and in front of Pokecenters, have fun, but we don't recommend you do that. It'll be faster to just fly to a route if you want to train.

HP system:

Alright. We now have an actual HP system for this game.

Pokemon level 5-9: 5 HP
10-14: 7 HP
15-19: 9 HP
20-24: 11 HP
25-29: 13 HP
30-34: 15 HP
35-39: 17 HP
40-44: 19 HP
45-49: 21 HP
50: 25 HP

For Pokemon level 5-24, regular attacks will take one point, critical hits will take two points, and super effective attacks will take two points. Resistances will do no damage.

For Pokemon 25 and up, regular tackswill take three points, critical hits five points, and super effective attacks five points. Resistances will cause a one point damage.

All your Pokemon will auto-heal after battles, so no worries about Potions/Poke centers here.

Legendaries:

As said before Mew will only be available to the first trainer to complete the Elite Four. Legendaries will start above level 50 and they will remain above level 50 after you capture them.

Moltres - Level 55. Avaliable when GMs say one appeared. This won't happen very often, but one will only be available at a time. ALL players will have to scramble to see who gets it first. You can capture it multiple times.

Articuno - Level 55. Avaliable when GMs say one appeared. This won't happen very often, but one will only be available at a time. ALL players will have to scramble to see who gets it first. You can capture it multiple times.

Zapdos - Level 55. Avaliable when GMs say one appeared. This won't happen very often, but one will only be available at a time. ALL players will have to scramble to see who gets it first. You can capture it multiple times.

Mewtwo - Level 60. Avaliable in Mewtwo's dungeon. You'll have to fight 15 uber-powerful Pokemon in a single battle that ARE NOT avaliable for capture. These Pokemon will probably be things like Jolteon and Dragonite, so be careful! Mewtwo will be hard to capture. You can capture it only once.

GM Pokemon:

All GMs have level 102 Evil Jigglypuff's with Hyper Beam (no recharge needed), Thunder, Super Awesome Attack, and 100% accuracy Fissure. We recommend that you don't challenge us.

With that said, have fun! Spire gets the second post, and will have the statistics for all players. Pokemon may only learn the moves that they can in the game. The GMs have the final decision on whether or not a move can be learned by a Pokemon

Player/Player interactions:

If two players wish to trade or battle, send a request to the other player via PM or a comment on their user profile. If the other player accepts, either PM me or post it on this thread. GMs will just tell people how the attacks turnout, as usual. Player battles, under any circumstances, are NOT allowed to have bets placed on them that will effect this game. If you want to bet money in real life, go ahead. But, if you want to bet one of the Pokemon that you own inside our game, NO. I don't want to deal with the complaining about 'but that dugtrio was level 44!1'

Trades will take place between players via PM. Just post the results on this thread and GMs will take care of it.

RECENT UPDATES:

HP SYSTEM UPDATED

Firusthehedgehog, Spire III, Mewter, and SkylerOcon are the GMs of this game. We are the only people that can initiate events.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Player Statistics

Tomkitty

POKEMON (IN PARTY):
Charmander - Lv. 5

MOVES:
- Scratch
- Growl

Exp = 0 ; Needed to level up = 1

INVENTORY:
- $50
- Pokeball (2)

POKEMON (STORAGE):
None

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

POKEMON (IN PARTY):
Squirtle - Lv. 7

MOVES:
- Tackle
- Tail Whip

Exp = 3 ; Needed to level up = 1

Pidgey - Lv. 7

MOVES:
- Gust
- Sand-attack

Exp = 2 ; Needed to level up = 2

INVENTORY:
- $50
- Pokeball (2)

POKEMON (STORAGE):
None

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zrky

POKEMON (IN PARTY):
Squirtle - Lv. 5

MOVES:
- Tackle
- Tail Whip

Rattata - Lv. 5

MOVES:
- Tackle
- Tail Whip

INVENTORY:
- $50

POKEMON (STORAGE):
None

Ukiyasan

POKEMON (IN PARTY):
Bulbasaur - Lv. 7

MOVES:
- Tackle
- Growl

Exp = 3 ; Needed to level up = 1

Pidgey - Lv. 6

MOVES:
- Gust
- Sand-attack

Exp = 1 ; Needed to level up = 1

INVENTORY:
- $50
- Pokeball (3)

POKEMON (STORAGE):
None

Yaya

POKEMON (IN PARTY):
Charmander - Lv. 5

MOVES:
- Scratch
- Growl

1st Class (Pidgey) - Lv. 6

MOVES:
- Gust
- Sand-attack

Exp = 1 ; Needed to level up = 1

Nidoran♂ - Lv. 5

MOVES:
- Tackle
- Leer

INVENTORY:
- $50

POKEMON (STORAGE):
None

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Pokemon Locations

Pokemon can be caught in many different manners. Some will be found in regular random encounters while traveling through routes, others will be caught through Fishing or Surfing, and some may be more complicated. Here I will list the locations in which Pokemon may be caught, and next to each location I will list which Pokemon may be caught there.

Route 1: Rattata, Pidgey

Route 2: Rattata, Pidgey, Weedle, Caterpie

Viridian Forest Pikachu, Metapod, Caterpie, Weedle, Kakuna

Route 3: Jigglypuff, Spearow, Pidgey

Mt. Moon Clefairy, Paras, Geodude, Zubat

Route 4: Spearow, Rattata, Ekans, Sandshrew

Route 5: Pidgey, Mankey, Oddish, Meowth, Bellsprout

Route 6: Pidgey, Mankey, Oddish, Meowth, Bellsprout

Diglett’s Cave: Diglett, Dugtrio

Route 7: Pidgey, Growlithe, Oddish, Mankey, Vulpix, Bellsprout, Meowth

Celadon City Eevee (Event), Porygon (Event)

Route 8: Pidgey, Growlithe, Ekans, Mankey, Vulpix, Sandshrew, Meowth

Route 9: Spearow, Rattata, Voltorb, Ekans, Sandshrew

Rock Tunnel: Onix, Machop, Geodude, Zubat, Ditto

Route 10: Geodude, Voltorb, Ekans, Sandshrew

Pokémon Tower: Haunter, Gastly, Cubone

Route 11: Drowzee, Spearow, Ekans, Sandshrew

Route 12: Venonat, Pidgey, Gloom, Oddish, Weepinbell, Bellsprout

Route 13: Ditto, Venonat, Pidgey, Gloom, Oddish, Weepinbell, Bellsprout

Route 14: Pidgeotto, Ditto, Pidgey, Venonat, Gloom, Oddish, Weepinbell, Bellsprout

Route 15: Pidgeotto, Pidgey, Ditto, Venonat, Gloom Oddish, Weepinbell, Bellsprout

Safari Zone: Parasect, Venonat, Rhyhorn, Exeggcute, Scyther, Nidorina, Nidorino, Nidoran (M), Nidoran (F), Pinsir, Kangaskhan, Paras, Doduo, Lickitung, Chansey, Venomoth, Tauros, Farfetch’d, Tangela

Power Plant: Voltorb, Magnemite, Pikachu, Magneton, Electabuzz, Raichu

Route 16: Raticate, Doduo, Rattata, Spearow

Route 17 (Cycling Road): Fearow, Doduo, Raticate, Spearow

Route 18: Fearow, Doduo, Raticate, Spearow

Route 19 (Water Route): Tentacool

Seafoam Islands: Golbat, Zubat, Seel, Psyduck, Shellder, Slowpoke, Horsea, Staryu, Krabby, Dewgong, Seadra, Golduck, Jynx, Kingler

Route 20 (Water Route): Tentacool

Pokémon Mansion: Ponyta, Muk, Weezing, Grimer, Growlithe, Koffing, Vulpix, Magmar

Route 21: Tangela, Raticate, Pidgeotto, Pidgey, Rattata Tentacool (Water only)

Route 22: Spearow, Ratttata, Nidoran (F), Nidoran (M)

Route 23 (Pokémon League): Spearow, Fearow, Ditto, Arbok, Ekans, Sandslash, Sandshrew

Victory Road Marowak, Machoke, Graveler, Golbat, Zubat, Geodude, Machop, Onix, Venomoth

Route 24: Abra, Pidgey, Weedle, Kakuna, Oddish, Metapod, Caterpie, Bellsprout

Route 25: Abra, Pidgey, Weedle, Kakuna, Oddish, Metapod, Caterpie, Bellsprout

Unknown Dungeon: Ditto, Raichu, Kadabra, Parasect, Venomoth, Magneton, Hypno, Golbat, Arbok, Dodrio, Sandslash, Rapidash, Chansey, Wigglytuff, Rhydon, Electrode, Marowak, Raticate

The Pokemon caught via fishing are as follows:

Old Rod: Magikarp

Good Rod: Dratini (Safari Zone only), Goldeen, Horsea, Krabby, Kingler, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Psyduck, Seadra, Seaking, Slowbro, Slowpoke

Super Rod: Dratini (Safari Zone only), Gyarados, Goldeen, Horsea, Krabby, Kingler, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Psyduck, Seadra, Seaking, Slowbro, Slowpoke

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I would like to play. Do I simply pick a starting pokemon? If so I pick a Charmander. Do I start in Pallet town? LETS GO FIGHT WILD POKEMON.
My favorite pokemon in the entire ****ing world is Eevee and I can't wait to get one!!

I'm really excited to play, how are we going to do this, through PM or through the thread or AIM or all or what?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Okay.

Tom starts with a Charmander.

Just tell us where you want to go. A GM will post here what happens from there.

Also, the OP is updated with Safari Zone info and Flying info.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Luvtoy starts with a Squirtle.

Tell us what you decide to do with your newly found Squirtle!

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I plan to train him and breed him! Wait can we breed???

And do we start anywhere? sorry i didn't read all the rules..

edit: also I plan to best the elite four

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You start in Pallet town as in the games with 2 Pokeballs and $50. Check the OP for prices on things that you can buy and the battle system.

Anyway, tell me where you move to. You can use the Kanto Map I have hyperlinked in the second paragraph to figure out what routes your going to.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
A wild Pidgey appears! Luvtoy sends out Squirtle! (normally I would wait for you to tell me what Pokemon you send out, but since you only have one...)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yes, Squirtle Starts with Tackle.

The Pidgey looks slightly discouraged, but is still ready to Battle! The Pidgey uses tackle on your Squirtle! Squirtle shakes his head a bit and is ready to continue the fight!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
The Pidgey seems a bit dizzy, but is still going to fight. Pidgey returns with a tackle! Your Squirtle is looking a bit pained, but is still going to fight.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
The Pokeball is moving around on the ground! Pidgey escapes, but is stunned by the Pokeball! You have a chance to attack!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Pidgey's stumbling around on the ground! He barely summons the strength to use another tackle!

Your Squirtle's starting to look a little weak!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hate to interrupt the intense battle here, I'd just like to add quickly that I've updated my post with all locations and which Pokemon can be caught there.

Spire

III
BRoomer
@ LUVTOY - The Pokeball jerks a bit, hopping around on the ground as the Pidgey struggles within....

BING! Congratulations, you just caught a Pidgey! Would you like to give it a nickname?

@zrky - As you walk through the tall grass patches of Route 1, you step on something and a shrill shreak is heard in response; you stepped on a Rattata's tail! You've hurt it, and it wants revenge, so you must defend yourself with Squirtle! What is your first move?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
My bad, you already handled it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Bam! The Rattata took a hard shell to the face, but it's relentless, snarling back as it leers at your Squirtle, scaring it into dropping its guard!

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I think i'll pass on the nickname for now...
What are pidgey's moves? what level??

Also what does squirtle start with? isn't it tackle and...tail whip? or withdraw?

edit: I think I'll return home to rest a while, heal my squirtle & new pidgey :)

Spire

III
BRoomer

Also what does squirtle start with? isn't it tackle and...tail whip? or withdraw?

edit: I think I'll return home to rest a while, heal my squirtle & new pidgey :)
Check my OP (the second post in the thread) for player statistics. I will be keeping track of all Players, their Pokemon, and their inventories. I do not have the moves posted for each Pokemon, but I will update that soon.

Also, the lowest level a Pokemon can be found at is level 5, due to the strange experience system that we're running the game by. No worries though.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yea I just noticed the statistics...nice! Wow you guys put a lot of work into this thread Good job :) Anyways, i think i will go train at: That patch of grass in front of the elite four building--is that route 1 still or 23/22? If highr level pokemon lurk there I'll continue along route one in the grass

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Ok, ill use a pokeball.
*crosses finger hopping a GM will let me catch rattata*
you can ignore the above line if you want

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

As Spire said, Pidgey is level 5. As such, it knows Gust (which is, if we're going by the original games, Normal type) and Sand-Attack.

Squirtle starts with Tackle and Tail Whip. Charmander with Scratch and Growl, Bulbasaur with Tackle and Growl. And Pikachu would start with Thundershock and Growl.

As for going home and resting, no need. Skyler said in the OP that Pokemon are automatically healed after battle.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yea I just noticed the statistics...nice! Wow you guys put a lot of work into this thread Good job :) Anyways, i think i will go train at: That patch of grass in front of the elite four building--is that route 1 still or 23/22? If highr level pokemon lurk there I'll continue along route one in the grass
That would be Route 22. 23 is INSIDE the Pokemon League, and the first patch of grass in there is past the water and near the end, so you'd be dead in a second.
22 has about the same leveled Pokemon.

EDIT: Dangit, I double posted. I told myself a million times to not do it and I did anyways.

@zrky: The Rattata struggles against the Pokeball...

and it breaks free! It just wasn't weak enough to be contained in the ball. Rattata is thrown off by the Pokeball, leaving it open.

Question: So can we challenge other players to battles? and can we trade?
It's actually not been decided yet, so it's up to Skyler. For now, no battling/trading with other players.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
As Spire said, Pidgey is level 5. As such, it knows Gust (which is, if we're going by the original games, Normal type) and Sand-Attack.

Squirtle starts with Tackle and Tail Whip. Charmander with Scratch and Growl, Bulbasaur with Tackle and Growl. And Pikachu would start with Thundershock and Growl.

As for going home and resting, no need. Skyler said in the OP that Pokemon are automatically healed after battle.
I can see that now :) Yay, no reporting home 2 mommy :) haha

Wow this is going to fill up with pages real quick... :) This is enjoyable, great idea everyone who is working on this thread

hmm I'll go to veridian (i think that's the next town), and buy a pokeball with my cash, then head over to route 22 since it's safe--then I'll train against some random pokemon

edit: can we list steps like this, or would you prefer we say go 2 veridian in oone post,
then head back 2 route 22 in another?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
@luvtoy
It's perfectly okay to do that.

Also, a wild Caterpie appears! Which Pokemon do you use?

@zrky
The Pokeball fails! The rattata is even angrier now that you've tried to capture it! What do you do?

Top Bottom