• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bioshock

smashbot226

Smash Master
From the mooching mind of moi...

I give you, with the assistance of my friend at Serebiiforums...

BIOSHOCK!!!

I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well.
---
Andrew Ryan

----------

THIS is the vision that a genius named Andrew Ryan had many many years ago, an underwater society free of law, of morals, of censors. A city free to do whatever they please in the name of progress.

And as such with limitless bounds, the field of science had created a type of genetic fuel capable of giving anyone special powers, from incineration to sending swarms of bees from your very skin. This substance was called- ADAM. However, that would soon not only bring Rapture to it's greatest point- but also bring it to an end. Eventually, this powerful narcotic would lead Rapture to riots, killings, and worse, friends killing friends, brother murdering brother, babies strangled in their own cribs.

What was supposed to be a utopia became a forgotten massacre...

A man named Jack would eventually come to this city, learn of its deadly secrets, meet many people who would change his life forever, and even save this city from hell itself. But this is not now. This is before the savior came.

The year is 1959, around four or five years before Jack's plane crashed on that fateful day. You are a passenger on the S.S. Saladin, renown for its size and quality dining, programs, and much more. However, this pleasure cruise wouldn't last- after an unknown explosion, the boat sank and the few survivors swam and swam to a conveniently close by bathysphere. This bathysphere led them to the very hell in which I spoke of. Your goal- survive this hell hole, get out in one piece, and tell the world of this place.

This is sadly easier said than done. Former citizens of Rapture turned into crazed jacked up junkies called Splicers. These people aren't human any more, after too much ADAM insertion. What's worse; you're all caught in the middle of a war between Fontaine, leader of a resistance force, and Andrew Ryan, still mayor of Rapture.

The worst part is this- to even SURVIVE, you'll need ADAM. As of late, the only place you'll find ADAM is inside small little girls named Little Sisters, who go around absorbing the blood of corpses through hypothermic needles. Despite their horrifying appearance, they are still little girls on the inside. So your dilemma- kill them and gain plenty ADAM, or save them and get barely an ADAM at all?

But first, you'll need to kill their protectors- Big Daddies, hulking giants in armored suits with mining drills capable of ripping titanium apart, or a Hunting Rifle with Armor Piercing bullets. These things are easily the deadliest things in Rapture. Luckily, don't bother either one an they won't bother you back.

Have a nice trip. This may be your last...

----------

So, rules:

No godmodding, AKA no controlling the story.
Obey SWF rules
No PERFECT characters
You have no idea how things work down here- no suddenly figuring out what the hell the thing in the needle is or how safe it is to talk to strangers down here.
No bunnying unless said person allows you to. Bunnying is RP’ing with another user’s character.

AAAAAAND: The SU.

Name: Pretty simple, eh?

Age: 18-50. Children and teens would be scarred for life, and seniors are too frail and senile to survive.

Appearance: Since this is the late 50's, your description needs to fit the era. Otherwise, you're not accepted. Should a a paragraph long.

Personality: Be as creative as you can with this one. Should be 5-6 sentences, or 7-8 if you want.

History: REALLY important. Should be a paragraph and a half. Tell us what your early life is like, and how you got onto the Saladin? Where were you when you crashed? How did you survive?

Occupation: What was your job before you crashed? After all, specialties WILL help down here. Illegal job, like hacker or drug cartels.

Starting Item: What you've managed to salvage from the wreck. The item MUCH match your job. No revolver for a accountant, nor a calculator for a boxer.

(I'll need RP Samples for reservations.)

Let the Rapture begin!

Grunt

Smash Master
I've always wanted to do one of these thingy-ma-bobs.
I'll figure everything out in a while and edit.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I've always wanted to do one of these thingy-ma-bobs.
I'll figure everything out in a while and edit.
Just to warn you, this a smashman style "run around and do whatever you want" adventure game, rather than the usual "try to accomplish a certain goal within an expansive and open world" adventure game.

Personally, I find one significantly more appealing than the other.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Just to warn you, this a smashman style "run around and do whatever you want" adventure game, rather than the usual "try to accomplish a certain goal within an expansive and open world" adventure game.

Personally, I find one significantly more appealing than the other.
I think I have a feeling I know what it is.

And I'm saddened...

But in a way, you DO have to accomplish a certain goal, and in whichever way you want...

Top Bottom