• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epic War: Version 2!!!

T

The Black Glove

Okay, so the first attempt became an all-out war of FAIL. It sucked. This time, however, I have created the truly ultimate way to wage war: Gridmap RPGs!

Heres how the game works: You pick one of the 6 Kingdoms on the map. This kingdom becomes your property and nobody else's. From this kingdom, you may release units to take over other people's castles. The best part is: You get to make up these units to fit your kingdom's "theme". However, there are a few restictions on units.

1. No units are invincible.
2. Units may only be released when I (the GM) deem they are ready.
3. Unit stats must fit a unit well (ie., a heavily armored unit will have low movement, while a flying unit will have high movement.)
4. Units may have a MAXIMUM of 2 advantageous elements, but only if those elements are truly suitible. For example, a walrus would have an advantage on Frozen and Aquatic Terrain.
5. Some units cannot cross certain terrain (ie., a fire golem would not be able to cross Aquatic terrain.)

This round is just a test, so I'm accepting the members of AFAA Diplomatic Destroyer first, and then, if there is room, other people. This is what your Kingdom signups should look like:

Kingdom Name: What your Kingdom is called?
Kingdom Location: Where do you want your Kingdom on the map?
Leader Name: What you call your leader (ie. King, Generalissimo, Commander, Leader, Grand Poobah, etc.)
Short Description: What your army is like, what you specialize in, just go crazy telling us about your kingdom.

Below that, I need the signups for your units. You may have a MAXIMUM of 5 types. This is what each's signup should look like:

Unit Name: What this unit is called
Unit Terrain Boost: What Terrain this unit gets a boost on.
Unit Type: Land, Air, or Sea. Air units don't recieve terrain bonuses.
Unit Health Level: a number between 1 and 50 that decides how much damage a unit can take. Make it reasonable to your unit.
Unit Movement Level: a number between 1 and 6 that decides how many spaces that unit can move each round. Make it fit your unit.
Unit Power: A number between one and ten. That decides how much damage that unit can do to a foe. Again, make it fit your unit.
Unit Evasion: A number between 1 and 10. The higher it is, the better chances of avoiding a foe's attack.
Unit Ability: A special ability your unit may have. This can do anything but change the terrain type (due to difficulty changing the map). This can include temporary invulnerability, power boosts, healing spells, etc. Give it a cool name. Don't forget to include how much the ability boosts by (Numbers), and any other effects it may have.

That's about it. Let the signups begin!

Currently Taken Kingdoms:

Kingdom A-1: Sly Fox's Fire Fox Kingdom
Kingdom G-1: Sonic The Baron's Crane School
Kingdom O-16: xX Boezy Xx's Kingdom of Lost Souls.
Kingdom O-1: Mediocre's Candy Kingdom
Kingdom G-16: Aura User's Aura Troop

D

Deleted member

Despite my uncomfortability with this kind of game, I'm in.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Awesomeness. Looks like it took a lot of effort. :)

Kingdom Name: Fire Fox
Kingdom Location: O-1
Leader Name: Sly Fox, Leader of the Cornerian Stealth Unit
Short Description: My army can get pretty vicious, but are ordered by a calm and strategic leader, making them an all-around army. We specialize in futuristic weapons, as the weapon-maker of the army specializes in sophisticated inventions. These weapons require the proper knowledge to activate them and cannot be picked up by any outsiders who are uneducated of the ways of the CSU.

Unit Name: Cornerian Stealth Unit
Unit Terrain Boost: Volcanic
Unit Type: Land
Unit Health Level: 25
Unit Movement Level: 3
Unit Power: 5
Unit Evasion: 5
Unit Ability: Stealthfire; A sweeping fire that heavily damages many surrounding foes. Only may be used once every five rounds.

~~~~~~~~~~

Unit Name: Moonlight Power Unit
Unit Terrain Boost: Rocky
Unit Health Level: 40
Unit Movement Level: 1
Unit Power: 8
Unit Evasion: 1
Unit Ability: Moonbeam; A large beam fired from the moon that does 15 damage. Can only be used once every five rounds.

EDIT:
Added another unit. I've gone with TBG's suggestion to name the first unit's special move Stealthfire, and added the answer to the new question to both units.

EDIT 2: Added how much damage Moonlight Power Unit's special does. Sorry that I'm doing so much wrong, I'm kind of tired right now.

EDIT 3: I screwed up the last edit, so I've edited how much damage the Moonbeam does... again.

T

The Black Glove

Awesomeness. Looks like it took a lot of effort. :)

Kingdom Name: Fire Fox
Leader Name: Sly Fox, Leader of the Cornerian Stealth Unit
Short Description: My army can get pretty vicious, but are ordered by a calm and strategic leader, making them an all-around army. We specialize in futuristic weapons, as the weapon-maker of the army specializes in sophisticated inventions. These weapons require the proper knowledge to activate them and cannot be picked up by any outsiders who are uneducated of the ways of the CSU.

Unit Name: Cornerian Stealth Unit
Unit Terrain Boost: Volcanic
Unit Ability: A sweeping fire that heavily damages many surrounding foes. Only may be used once a day.

BTW, The Black Glove, do we have respawns, or what?
To answer your question, yes, I will produce respawns according to who needs them most, or if I just like them better ;p

Now just a few things to clarify. You need a NAME for your Unit's ability. Something like Stealthfire or something cool like that. Secondly, this takes place in rounds, not days, so that skill I'm going to say is useable once every 5 rounds.

Now for a question. This is something I completely forgot to add to the signup. I need to know if a unit is a land, water, or air-traveling fighter. I'll add that if you'll add it to your post.

One more thing: Are you sure you only want one type of unit? It seems rather limited to have only one type (even if it is well-rounded).

Kingdom 0-1, taken! Kingdom: Fire Fox!

D

Deleted member

Kingdom Name: Crane School
Kingdom Location: G1
Leader Name: Chosen One
Short Description: An army of highly trained martial artists.

Unit Name: Lurking Tiger
Unit Terrain Boost: Forest
Unit Movement Level: 4
Unit Power: 7
Unit Evasion: 9
Unit Ability: Power Reversal--Counterattacks an opponent.

T

The Black Glove

Kingdom Name: Crane School
Kingdom Location: G1
Leader Name: Chosen One
Short Description: An army of highly trained martial artists.

Unit Name: Lurking Tiger
Unit Terrain Boost: Forest
Unit Ability: Power Reversal--Counterattacks an opponent.
Not the Homestarmy we saw previously, eh?

Seems good. Again, you must have missed that I added the Unit Type to the units (Says whether they are land, air, or sea.)

Also, like Sly up above, are you absolutely sure you only want one type of unit? You guys should make some different ones.

Kingdom G-1 Taken! Kingdom: Crane School!

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
Kingdom Name: The Kingdom of Lost Souls
Kingdom Location: O-16
Leader Name: Boezy, Generalissimo of the Lost Souls.
Short Description: My army is mostly centered around hard hitting advances that leave our enemies crippled. We charge in and unleash terribly devasting attacks and then retreat quickly, only to return later with more firepower. We are extremely viscious and use primitive yet useful equipment. Cursed swords, catapults, axes - you name it. Our one major weapon is our soul sucking technology. Ranging from Soul cannons to Soul swords, these are rare weapons that cause powerful attacks.

~~~~~~~

Unit Name: Minions of Soul Calibur
Unit Terrain Boost: Frozen Terrain
Unit Health Level: 32
Unit Power: 4; Somewhat weak.
Unit Evasion: 7
Unit Ability: Cry of the Spirit Sword, Soul Calibur. This particular unit harnesses the power of Soul Calibur and uses it to inflict ice based damage on all enemies in the surrounding 3 space region. There is also a 1 in 10 chance of freezing the enemy completely, rendering them immobile for 3 turns.

~~~~~~~

Unit Name: Denizens of Soul Edge
Unit Terreain: Volcanic Terrain
Unit Health Level: 18
Unit Movement Level: 2
Unit Power: 9; devastating
Unit Evasion: 2
Unit Ability: Roar of the Cursed Sword, Soul Edge. This unit uses Soul Edge to inflict paranoia on their enemies. Raging fires, earthquakes, and enslaved soul warriors battle for the cursed sword and sweep through enemy units, simply devasting them. A very fearsome attack, but it can only be used once in 7 turns. Once used, it increases damage by 13, but only targets one unlucky unit.

~~~~~~~

This is all I got for now. I'll probably add more later. Let me know if my units are a little too broken - I'm pretty bad at balancing them :ohwell:

T

The Black Glove

Kingdom Name: The Kingdom of Lost Souls
Kingdom Location: O-16
Leader Name: Boezy, Generalissimo of the Lost Souls.
Short Description: My army is mostly centered around hard hitting advances that leave our enemies crippled. We charge in and unleash terribly devasting attacks and then retreat quickly, only to return later with more firepower. We are extremely viscious and use primitive yet useful equipment. Cursed swords, catapults, axes - you name it. Our one major weapon is our soul sucking technology. Ranging from Soul cannons to Soul swords, these are rare weapons that cause powerful attacks.

~~~~~~~

Unit Name: Minions of Soul Calibur
Unit Terrain Boost: Frozen Terrain
Unit Health Level: 32
Unit Power: 4; Somewhat weak.
Unit Evasion: 7
Unit Ability: Cry of the Spirit Sword, Soul Calibur. This particular unit harnesses the power of Soul Calibur and uses it to inflict ice based damage on all enemies. There is also a few frames of invincibility after using this attack.

~~~~~~~

Unit Name: Denizens of Soul Edge
Unit Terreain: Volcanic Terrain
Unit Health Level: 18
Unit Power: 9; devastating
Unit Ability: Roar of the Cursed Sword, Soul Edge. This unit uses Soul Edge to inflict paranoia on their enemies. Raging fires, earthquakes, and enslaved soul warriors battle for the cursed sword and sweep through enemy units, simply devasting them. A very fearsome attack.

~~~~~~~

This is all I got for now. I'll probably add more later. Let me know if my units are a little too broken - I'm pretty bad at balancing them :ohwell:
Okay, lets see...the stats are pretty good. Nothing too outta wack. The unit abilities are where you seem to be confused. It's good that you mention the name and describe the attack, but you forget to list who it targets, and how much damage it does. For Cry of The Spirit Sword, Soul Calibur, I would say it inflicts frost based damage on all surrounding units, and has a 1 in 10 chance of frezzing them solid for the next 3 turns.

For Roar of the Cursed Sword, Soul Edge, I'd say it effects one nearby unit, and increases the damage by 13 (unlucky number), but can only be used once per 7 rounds (Lucky Number). This creates a devastating, but balanced, attack.

Now for Sly's New Unit, The Moonlight Power Unit:

Unit Name: Moonlight Power Unit
Unit Terrain Boost: Rocky
Unit Movement Level: 1
Unit Power: 8
Unit Ability: Moonbeam; A large beam fired from the moon. Can only be used once every five rounds.
It's all good but one thing: How much power can Moonbeam do? If it boosts the power of a unit by a ton, then you should say how high. For example, Boezy's newly changed Roar of the Cursed Sword, Soul Edge, the damage increases by 13 for one round. Say how much of a damage boost the attack has.

Keep sending 'em in!

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
WHAT?! I swear I edited that post...

Post edited again... I hope it stays this time. I have no idea what happened. Sorry.

T

The Black Glove

*Laughs* It's all edited now. Although Stealthfire needs a number. We'll say it does the same amount of damage as a normal attack to all surrounding foes and call it good at that. You probably don't want to have to edit it too many times.

T

The Black Glove

Hey, Aura User? It's great that you want to join, But I'll need all of the info to be included in your sign-up. Not just Kingdom Name and Location. Fill out the whole thing.

Aura User

Smash Rookie
Okay
Short description: A group of riolu, lucario, and aura users living in the swamps. Their abilities make it so they get stronger the more hurt they are. Masters can seal enemies away.

Riolu: A small but tough fighters and fast.
Terrain Boost: Swamp
Type: Land
Health Level: 30
Movement: 5
Power: 5
Evasion: 6
Aura Boost: When his health level is under 10 his power doubles.

Lucario: A stronger but slower version of Riolu
Terrain Boost: Swamp
Health Level: 40
Power: 7
Movement: 4
Evasion:3
Aura boost: See riolu.

Aura Master
Terrain boost: Swamp
Health: 45
Power: 7
Movement: 4
Evasion: 3
Seal of Aura: May seal away one enemy for the rest of the game. You can switch it with a different enemy.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Kingdom Name: The Candy Kingdom
Leader Name: Lollipop Lord
Short Description: We’re very strange.

Unit Name: Big Mouth
Unit Terrain Boost: Swamp
Unit Power: 6
Unit Ability: Chomp; Devourers an enemy unit, regaining ten health points

Unit Name: Angry Hummingbird
Unit Terrain Boost: None
Unit Type: Air.
Unit Health Level: 1
Unit Movement Level: 6
Unit Power: 1
Unit Evasion: 10
Unit Ability: Throat Dive; The hummingbird dives down the throat of its enemy, choking them to death. This instantly kills any infantry unit.

Unit Name: The Ugly Walrus
Unit Terrain Boost: Aquatic
Unit Type: Land and Sea
Unit Health Level: 15.
Unit Movement Level: 2 on land. 4 in water.
Unit Power: 2
Unit Ability: Uglify; It can send out a beam of ugliness at another unit, making that unit really really ugly. Thereafter, no allied unit will go within one square of the unit that was uglified.

Unit Name: Dodo
Unit Type: Land.
Unit Health Level: 1.
Unit Movement Level: 1.
Unit Power: 1.
Unit Evasion: 1.
Unit Ability: Extinction; Kills all Dodos on the map instantly.

Unit Name: Delicious Cake
Unit Type: Land, Air, or Sea. Air units don't recieve terrain bonuses.
Unit Health Level: 1
Unit Power: 0
Unit Evasion: 0
Unit Ability: Deliciousness; This cake looks so delicious that any unit that gets within one square of it feels compelled to eat it. It takes three turns for them to truly savor the Delicious Cake, during which time they may not move or attack.

D

Deleted member

^^That's the point, I'm guessing. Why else would it be called Dodo?

T

The Black Glove

Whoa. I've been gone for too long, haven't I? Well let's see...

Aura User: I still don't get why The Aura-type characters would get a bonus on the swamp terrain, but it looks pretty good. Well, except the Seal of Aura ability. Let's say that this ability only works once per game, therefore, forcing you to use it only in extreme circumstances. Otherwise, it's all good.

Mediocre: What a strange army. I'm excited to see this in action, but there are two things that bug me: First is the Big Mouth's Chomp ability, which wasn't exactly clear. I'm going to say that the recovery can only occur if the last attack killed the enemy unit. Next is the Angry Hummingbird's ability, which seems unfair to be able to kill a unit in one shot. I'm going to say that this only works on living land-based units (like animals and humans), but in order to kill them, it sacrifices the hummingbird.

Both of you are accepted if these things are changed.

Ronike

Smash Ace
So whats the dealio on this game? Is it still happening, or no? If it is, I'd like to reserve a spot for my army, Agoraven.

Edit #1: I forgot, I getzes A16 if this is still goin on.

Edit #2:
Kingdom Name: Agoraven
Kingdom Location: A16
Leader Name: Grand Leader: [current leader name here]
Short Description: A very diverse army, ranging from long range experts, to healers and much in between, that lives only to fight. They are divided into four groups, and each group has a leader, whom is especially good at what they do. More info given at Special Attack Description.

Unit Name: Seind Unit Troop
Unit Terrain Boost: Forest, Rocky [special boosts]
Unit Health Level: 15
Unit Power:
[3+ spaces away]: 3
[2- spaces away]: 8 (tis a headshot)
Unit Evasion: 7 [forest bonus of +1]
Unit Ability: Ranged Shot: The Seind Unit is an elite sniper unit. Therefore, they can attack at a range of 3 spaces, 5 on rocky (due to the elevated height). However, once a unit comes into a two space range, they can go for deadly headshots.

Unit Name: Ronike Unit Troop
Unit Terrain Boost: none
Unit Type: Air (use magic to fly)
Unit Power: varies
Unit Evasion: 4
Unit Ability: Terra Devintos: The Ronike Unit is a group of magic users. The type of magic they specialize in is the ability to manipulate the terrain to their bidding. Therefore, their magic (read attack) has a different effect based on the terrain as follows:
Normal: 1, no special effect
Forest: 3, an incredible amount of razor sharp leaves shoot out from the forest, -8 to opponent evasion for this attack
Swamp: 0, lays a trap on the space occupied, any land troop that strays into the spot is immediately trapped for 3 turns.
Rocky: 10, drops a huge rock on the other units head, easy to see coming though, so +3? (what do you think is appropriate?) to opponent evasion for this attack
Volcanic: 8, controls the lava to attack opponent, burns away equipment, so -3 attack to applicable units (not very often to have volcano spots, so its alright to be powerful methinks)
Frozen: 0, creates an impassable wall of ice that has 40 hp. Demolished after hp hits 0.
Aquatic: 2, allows for counter attack
Main fort: choose any of the above

Unit Name: Strouth Unit Troop
Unit Terrain Boost: Plain
Unit Ability: Call Zord: The Strouth unit is a core military unit, specializing in heavy armor and close range weaponry. Their special ability calls forth their attack walker, which increases their combat ability to twice the normal power (double attack and converts to vehicle type). However, due to energy costs, this zord selfdestructs after two turns, leaving the troop with half health and a power level of 2. No cooldown, but will have the edited values, so it will be nigh useless.

Unit Name: Ranpu Unit Troop
Unit Terrain Boost: none
Unit Health Level: 15
Unit Movement Level: 5
Unit Power: 2
Unit Ability: Heal: The Ranpu unit is a medical unit that specializes in light magic as well. Since they are lightly armorer, they move well and dodge well, but do little damage. Their ability is that of being able to heal wounds. (Heal up to 10 damage)
Reincarnation: If they reach a space where a leader fell, they can spend three turns to allow that leader to be “rebuilt” at the main base. Process interrupted and restarted if attacked.

Unit Name: Grand Leader [Seind, Ronike, Strouth, Ranpu]
Unit Terrain Boost: same as troop unit
Unit Type: same as troop unit
Unit Health Level: troop unit + 10, no more than 50.
Unit Movement Level:
Seind: 5
Ronike: 5
Strouth: 2
Ranpu: 6

Unit Power:
Seind: same as troops
Ronike: same as troops, but +2 for normal spells. Darkness not included
Strouth: 10
Ranpu: 3

Unit Evasion:
Seind: 8 [forest bonus of +1]
Ronike: 4
Strouth: 1
Ranpu: 10

Unit Ability: all have their respective unit’s abilities
Leader: Only one of each type per game, until resurrected. Once a leader is destroyed, no more troops from his unit may be produced until the leader is reincarnated. If all 4 leaders are killed, the Agoraven loses.
Seind: Sniperific: Due to Seind total mastery of sniping, he can shoot farther, and can get headshots from farther (Plus two to total range, plus 1 range to headshot range.)

Ronike: Darkness Mastery: Ronike has mastered the most powerful of all magic: the element of Darkness. He can use it to damage and blind his opponent, but it is dangerous and hurts him somewhat.
(Can use on any space: 9 to opp, 3 to Ronike, Unit attacked gets permanent debuff of giving opp +3 temporary evasion when attacking because of blindness.)

Strouth: Megazord: causes all Strouth type units on the map to go into zord form and combine with Strouth’s zord (all Strouth troops suicide, Strouth’s power double and gets +3 for every Strouth troop that suicided). The Megazord only can move one space at a time, but can move over any space. Megazord self-destructs after 4 turns, but Strouth is not ill affected by this. Cooldown of five turns.

Ranpu: Blinding Sheer Awesomeness (AKA the flash of light): All units (friend and foe) in a 3 space range get a -4 hit debuff. They get +1 back per turn until they hit their original amount.
Healer Supreme: Ranpu can heal all adjacent units by 20 hp.

Any feedback or changes needed would be sweet. If the four leaders won't work, I'll need to rethink this a bit, but they do have a significant drawback for their pros and can cause me to lose.

smashbot226

Smash Master
EDIT: Why not have two OTHER castles at Q8 & A8?

Worth a shot:

Kingdom: Blood Hunters
Kingdom Location: A16
Leader Name: Sir Hellrising
Description: Flesh, blood, bone- it will all fall to us.

Unit Name: Flesh Hunters- The walking fortress warriors.
Unit Terrain Boost: Swamp
Health Level: 40
Unit Movement: 2
Unit Evasion: 3
Unit Ability: Blood Rage- The selected Flesh Hunter goes berserk, raising his current attack and speed, and causing slight fear to enemy units. However, there is also a small chance that the selected Flesh Hunter may attack nearby friendly units out of bloodlust. Lasts for around twenty seconds (Or two turns- however it goes.)

Unit Name: Flesh Archers- The lightly armored, yet silently deadly rangers.
Unit Terrain Boost: Swamp/Mountain
Unit Health: 15
Unit Movement: 4
Unit Power: 3 (Deals 9 damage to flying units.)
Unit Evasion: 6
Unit Ability: Volley- If there are more than three archers currently on the field, no matter where they are, you may call an Arrow Volley on a single slot four slots of ANY archer, dealing 7 damage on the selected slot and 4 on any adjacent slot. May be used successively, depending on how many archers there are on the field.

Unit Name: Flesh Martyrs- The suicidal, batsh*t crazy bombers that go out in style.
Unit Terrain Boost: Swamp/Forest
Unit Health: 10
Unit Movement: 5
Unit Evasion: 8
Unit Ability: Engulf- The Martyr activates his strapped bomb, sending himself and any adjacent units into the stratosphere. This ability will deal immense damage (However much you decide, but hopefully it'll be big.) and can destroy most units in a single bomb. However, it'll also kill any friendly units, and needless to say, the Martyr involved as well. Also, if the adjacent terrain(s) is/are Forest, the explosion will slowly damage any unit inside of it for three turns, then turn to a normal Forest Terrain.

Unit Name: Flesh Riders- Fast, fearsome, and frightening, these horsemen will give you reason to cry.
Unit Health: 25
Movement: 6
Unit Evasion: 3
Unit Ability: Dread Charge- For one turn, or ten seconds, the selected Horsemen temporarily take 10% damage and deal medium damage by simply trampling them with their horses. They also are able to charge through any terrain, undamaged or unscathed, for that time.

Unit Name: Creepers- Aquatic fish-men, waiting for their chance at a new meal...
Unit Terrain Boost: Swamp/Water
Unit Type: Sea
Unit Health: 30
Unit Movement: 2
Unit Ability: Aquatic Escape- The Creeper dives underneath the water and reappears in another nearby (5 slots) Aquatic Terrain.

----------

Hope it works, BG.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Mediocre: What a strange army. I'm excited to see this in action, but there are two things that bug me: First is the Big Mouth's Chomp ability, which wasn't exactly clear. I'm going to say that the recovery can only occur if the last attack killed the enemy unit.
Yeah, alright. I forget what my intentions were when I originally created that unit, but that sounds good.

Next is the Angry Hummingbird's ability, which seems unfair to be able to kill a unit in one shot. I'm going to say that this only works on living land-based units (like animals and humans), but in order to kill them, it sacrifices the hummingbird.
Actually, that's exactly what I intended. I just didn't word it right.

I'll make those changes now.

D

Deleted member

I don't think this is gonna work out.

I mean, do you ever see Black Glove online?

Ronike

Smash Ace
You never know, it only takes one time for him to get on, see this, and then hopefully he'll get on more often.

Smashbot, it says specifically in the rules that specials can do anything BUT change the terrain, as that makes it "too hard to maintain the map".

Top Bottom