• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Arena- Round 1

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Welcome, one and all, to the Battle Arena!

Create a character, enter the fray, and kick *** in this RPG. The arena is round, 500 feet in diameter, and has a ceiling 200 feet above. Its walls are indestructable, 1-way glass, into which the crowd watches, and the floor is compacted sand. The walls reach down infinitely into the sand. There are two raised platforms on the battlefeild, one 3 feet high and the other 5 feet high. Your character begins in a 'warm up room' (the place where they put on their stuff, psych up, etc.), and your first post will start inside there.

Rather than posting your profile, and then never mentioning it again, work it into your intro post (once the game starts, that is). For example, intsead of saying

Name: Bob McDonald
Weapon: Pitchfork
etc. etc.
also try

Old Bob McDonald had a farm, but the times were rough. The burly man of 65 had brought his pitchfork to the arena, and etc. etc. etc.
Required Info

Your introduction post must includ all of the following. Let your imagination go wild! Don't think you have to make some kind of super amazing psychic sword-weilding mage with a psuedo-Asian name (you Mary Sue...), have fun. To see if your character is a Mary Sue, follow this link: http://www.springhole.net/quizzes/marysue.htm

Name: (You need one.)

Gender: (This is needed to. ...Not that it really matters.)

Race: (Human? Elf? Orc? Lizard Man? Robot? Keyboard monster? Whatever you want.)

Appearance: (Only your hight and weight is required.)

Weapon(s): (Guns, swords, bows, scythes, baseball bats, what ever.)

Age: ( This you need to put in there. No murderous 5 year olds and no grandpas with canes of death. Be reasonable.)

Armor/Clothing: (Need to put in.)

Power: (For magic users place your ability here, for others put your specialty here. Your main weapon should relate to your power. For example if Bob McDonald had a tractor he could run people over.

Remember, every action has an opposite action- if Bob McDonald is also experienced in using telekenisis, he should get major headaches if he uses it to throw Mario around for a minute or so. Nothing too powerful.)

Other items that you would use in battle: (Grenades, traps, smoke bombs, small animals, Super Scopes, you name it. Again it has to be reasonable and a small item. One person can hold 10 of these small items, no more. For gun users, one of your ten small items should be an ammunition pack with extra packs of bullets, if you run out then find something else to fight with, use the gun as a club, but you don't have unlimited amount of ammo.)

Also, if you don't post it in your character's intro, you character doesn't have it. Old McDonald can't breath fire later on in the battle if you never mention his fire-breathing abilities in his intro.

Character Limitations/Other Rules

-They need to be able to fit through the door, which is 9 feet tall and 4 feet wide.
-NO GODMODDING. Godmodding is controlling another character in any way. For example, if Bob McDonald attacks Mario with a hoe, the hoe will not instantly attack Mario. Bob should post how he attacks with the hoe, where he aims, how fast, etc.
-NO MINDREADING. This counts as godmodding.
-NO DOOMSDAY DEVICES OF ANY KIND. Sorry kids, no nukes, fireballs that take up the arena, etc.
-No changing the arena floor! Somebody will forget that it's ice/on fire/whatever.
-Be logical when fighting. If Bob McDonald attacks Mario with a charging cow, Mario shouldn't be able to simply dodge it and proceed to fry the farmer. Your character should tire out after a while.
-It's okay to have a characte die, because you never lose! Just make anothe one later.

Rounds

Once enough people (Let's have 4 for the first round) join, admission will be locked, and the round will begin. The round ends when only one thing is left standing. Or maybe everything dies. After that, that character will be put into the Hall of Fame, and may fight again later.

Current Entries- Name and character
smashbot226 (Cat the Ninja): http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5465336&postcount=2
MetaKnight63 (Reversai): http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5683916&postcount=4
Zook (Frix): http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5691759&postcount=6
Eor (Tom): http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5692144&postcount=7

Waiting List- People can reserve for the next round at any time!

smashbot226

Smash Master
:D

Fun fun fun Zook.

---------

Name: Cat the Ninja

Race: Dog

Appearance: He's 65 lbs. and is approximately 2 feet and 4 inches. Oh, and he can't talk- only make dog sounds.

Weapon: Katana (Wields with his mouth.)

Clothing: Wears a simple black ninja outfit, with a ski mask. He also has straps on his upper legs to keep his ninja stars, and has a hilt attached to his back for the sword he uses.

Power: Is able to turn invisible (He's a ninja after all.) and is very agile- able to leap across rooftops with little effort. However, he can only remain invisible the longer he holds his breath- letting out a single gasp of air turns him back to normal.

Other Items: Ninja Star- simple, star shaped projectiles that cut and tear the opponent's body, weakening them for Cat to finish them off.

-------------

Keep in mind that Cat is his name.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
That character made me lol, smashbot. Cat should be interesting to see in battle. Remeber to work your profile into your 'getting-ready' post.

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
Name: Reversai (Makosai Yurii)

Race: Human

Appearance: 5'11"

Weapon(s): Yuriidoku, Son-ka (swords)

Description: From Feudal Japan; Reversai is a mercenary for hire. He holds Yuriidoku in his right hand and Son-ka in his left in a reverse fashion.

Armor/Clothing: Silk green kimino, reflects dark-based attacks. Two sheaths for his swords on his left side.

Powers:
Sword Techniques- cycloslash, reverse cycloslash,sabudaka, sabudaka siigorii, elemental powers of fire, lightning, wind, and water for Yuriidoku. When Takegetsai is activated for Son-ka, increases knockback, speed, and power.

Power Increases: Shigetsai, Songetsai (Yuriidoku), Takegetsai (Son-ka), Force Pressure

--------------------

I never knew Zook actually had a bad*** idea. Me like!!! :O

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Whoa, seriously?! Ha, you're the best, MetaKnight. Approved.

Anyhow, I've lowered the number of people we need from 6 to 4 now. C'mon, people!

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
It'd probably help if I post my character.

Name: Frix Vessper

Race: Lizard Man

Appearance: 6'3", 170 lbs. I'll describe his looks in my entrance posts.

Weapons: Dagger, pistol, claws, teeth.

Armor/Clothing: Lizard Man garb, which consists of an upper and lower body skirt, bandages on his right leg/foot, windbreaker jacket.

Power: No supernatural powers. However, his pioneer’s watch allows him to create a temporary force field and invisibility cloak around him.

Other items that you would use in battle: Pioneer's watch, 4 grenades, 2 extra ammo packs, grappling hook gun and rope.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Name: Tom Delay

Race: Human

Appearance: A little chubby, with clean politician hair, brushed to a side. The gray is obviously dyed brown, though some of the natural color is shading through.

Weapon(s): fists

Armor/Clothing: Expensive business suit

Power: Steal. I can "steal" anyone elses power. I don't rob them of it, but instead I get it too.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
((Begin.))

The lizard man let out a shudder as he exhaled. Staring into his reflection in the mirror, Frix thought of the battle coming up. He hoped that it would be a large one; he'd be able to hide and wait out the battle with more ease in a chaotic brawl. After rinsing his face in the sink with a clawed hand, he returned his attention to getting prepared.

A dagger and a pistol were laid out upon his table. Hanging on a chair was his signature red windbreaker; he had to keep up his signature style, after all. Opening a drawer, Frix took out a small, watch like device and strapped it to his wrist; his pioneer's watch. He pressed a button and his skin glinted and faded again as a forcefeild wrapped itself around him. Another button was pressed, a cloaking device activated, and he vanished. Satisfied, he turned off the field and the cloak and checked the battery life: 2 hours left. Plenty of time, he thought to himself, as long as I don't get hit too much. Don't wanna drain the battery, now, do I?

Putting on his deep red skirts and jacket, he observed himself in the mirror. Frix stood six feet three inches tall, and allot of this height came from his long limbs and neck. Turning his long, green head directly around, he checked the clock, nodded and turned it back. He bared his sharp teeth, hissed, and laughed. Moving to the side, he checked his long tail. The lizard man puffed his chest out and admired his profile. Tall, lean, 36 years old, and long, but lightly built- he stood on a scale and hissed at it, a mere 170 pounds for a lizard man! I need to bulk up.

He hid his pistol in his jacket along with two extra bullet packs. Along his waist he carried four grenades and a grappling hook launcher and rope. Frix grabbed a glass, filled it with water, and drank it greedily. He was always nervous before these things; his job as a thief and assassin prepared him well for sneak attacks, but not so much for group combat. Filling the glass again, he sighed.

A group of fans stood up and cheered loudly as the first combatant entered the arena.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Cat looked at the glass wall in front of him, garbed in his black ninja-like suit, as he bends down and straps in his ski mask with his front paws.

He then turns to his wife and cubs, promising a quick victory. They give him kisses good luck and retreat to the audience section.

Cat opened up his locker, where his armory was stashed:

He quickly picked up his Ninja Blade, personally named, "Cat Slasher" and sheathed it on his back, inside his unique sheath. He checked his Chi, and determined that though not at full strength, he'd be capable of using it to his advantage. He tested it with a quick invisibility jutsu in front of his mirror...

And disappeared from view, then reappeared. After, Cat's trainer Joe walked through the door, looking a lot like Mickey Rooney, and said,

"CAT, my boy, you've gotta WIN this thing, get into the fight! Remember, you win this and the belt's yours!"

Cat looked at his trainer with a grin and replied, "Bark bark bark!"

Cat pawed at his top shelf, which he couldn't reach.

Joe got up to get his smoke bombs & ninja stars, but Cat quickly bounced off the wall to fetch them.

"Geh, you little hairball. Ya remember yer healin' flasks? I don't wanna pay 1,500,000 for that dang wound again!"

Cat lifted up his rear left leg to reveal two casks full of rejuvinating serums.

"Ech, that's good. See ya after the fight."

Joe walked out, cocksure that his little guy was gonna win.

Cat used his... Spirit Vision... to determine who was he going to fight...

A Lizardman? Strange, he'll likely to be challenging.

Cat quickly brought out his secret weapon- a small wooden dagger, but also acts as a drowsy-dart, or that if it hits something, it'll slow them down, physically AND mentally.

Cat, sure he was ready, leaped into the arena, howling ferociously, as he looked to his foe, the lizardman, baring his teeth, katana in mouth, ready to pounce at the count of three...

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
As the jet-black haired Reversai entered the locker room for maybe the fight of his life, he remembered most of what he accomplished throughout his journey. He knew that his comrade, Eyo Takemine, would be there to support him in the stands.

A time-space flux issued by an item owned by the Nightmare Assassin, Gyaraya, sent Reversai and Eyo into the hallowed battle arena. Reversai's skills would surely be tested as he prepared his blades for battle.

Although Yuriidoku was his first blade, Son-ka has proven a worthy weapon in its own right. Both of their first levels of power, Shigetsai, unlocked the swords' true forms. Yuriidoku has four prongs to hold each of the elements, and when combined during Shigetsai, the prongs widen and white light forms from the tip of the blade. Son-ka's unlocked form creates a red blade brimming with sparking red energy.

The Songetsai for Yuriidoku transforms the weapon into a rod of white energy from the combined elemental energies. Takegetsai for Son-ka also is a rod but with red energy. The energy is so widespread that it permeates the user's body, giving them increased speed, power, and knockback potential.

Reversai was ready as he ever would be, and slowly entered the arena. Eyo stood in excitement for Reversai's entrance, as did everyone else. Reversai focused intently at his two opponents. They must be from the future, Reversai thought, looking at the humanoid lizard and the dog ninja named Cat. He had faced many tough opponents before them, but not in a futuristic setting like this.

Swords now at the ready, Reversai prepares for the match to start.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Cat noticed the newcomer stride in.

He thought, (A human to fight! Finally!) and howled again, as did his family, friends, and fans that were there, causing the whole stage to rumble slightly from sound waves.

Cat looked to the newcomer, a Reversai, apparently, as he bowed to him in a, "May The Best Mammal Win" bow, hoping this guy would do the same.

--------------

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND WELCOME... To our first round of...

BATTLE A-A-A-A-ARENA!!!

With out hosts, Bot of Smash, and his lovable pet moth, Zook The Feared!

-----------

SB: Great night tonight John Everyman.

Z: ZOOK THE FEARED HOPES FOR A BLOODY, OILY, MUCOSY, OR WHATEVER YOUR BLOOD IS FIGHT!!! I DEMAN CARNAGE, CHAOS...

MORE DANISH FOR TOP FLOOR PLEASE!

SB: I concur with previous statements. Also requesting oil change.

-----------

Err... okay, now that THAT'S out of the way, we'll provide more...

BLATANT AD PLACEMENT MOVIES!!!

-----------

Coming This Christmas...

The only thing colder than snow...

Is COLD. HARD. METALLIC. VENGEANCE.

When Coke salesman and Navy Soldier BUY-FROM-COSTCO's father is killed by a new '08 South Coast Toyota with a JampPack Car Bomb, he goes around the world...

In style, using his SouthWest airlines premium membership to get around quickly, and ends up facing the person he'd last expect to see.

What occurs is a series of masterpieces solely using GarageBand for Mac, special effects, and more sell-outing than you can say, "BYE A GOD FORSAKEN SONY PS3 AND GO SEE IRON MAN ON DVD AND BLU-RAY OR I'LL RIP YOUR **** HANDS OFF."

BLATANT AD MOVIE

Coming soon to a conveniently placed shopping center near you...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Tom Delay enters to roaring boos. He smiles and waves anyways, looks around at the competition, and decides to stand still and twiddle his thumbs

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
Reversai stared with utter amazement at Tom Delay, former US senator.

"What weapons or powers does this guy have? Is he even prepared?"

-------------------------

Welcome to the famed coliseum that is "The Battle Arena!!!!!!!!!"

This is MK63 reporting live with Zook the Feared and Bot of Smash.

BoS: Welcome, friend!

Zook: Yes, the danish has ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!

MK63: Calm down, man. I haven't seen you this crazy since the Poke forums.

Zook: I PWN ALL!!!!!!!

MK63: And on that note, let's get started with the brawl to end them all!!

----------------------

Note:
This program may contain gretuitous violence, blood, and gore. Viewer discretion is advised.

Nah, just kidding, enjoy the show!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
What a bunch of pansy liberals, he thinks to himself. None even attack me. Much be the power of jesus

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
As he looked around the arena, Frix noticed something strange. No one else is doing anything. Or even, you know, attacking. He sniffed.

The lizard man decided to take advantage of the moment, drew his pistol, and shot at the opponent on the opposite side of the arena: Reversai.

Midnaftw

Smash Cadet
I don't know... I'm near a giant marshmallow if th
Is it too late to join? if not...

name: Steve

Height: 6 ft

powers: Fire, Shadow and the sheer awesomeness of being named... STEVE!

weapons: twin double sided spears with blades at the end (you know what I mean)

Armour: Black Clothes, Hood and cape. Two red eyes are all that can be seen of his face. Can fly under certain conditions.

backstory: Steve used to live in Ireland where he enjoyed killing drunk people leaving bars. It paid well, but he felt his life had no meaning. So he donned (sp?) his hood and cloak to fight in the ULTIMATE BATTLE OF ALL TIME! He failed in that, so he joined the arena instead.
Nobody knows what Steve looks like, he wears a Black Hood and Black Clothes, the hood is blessed (or cursed) with shadow that masks his face, all that can be seen are red eyes staring through the darkness...

Other: Steve has a secret weapon, if the fight is looking grim or he gets enraged enough, red and gold bat wins will rip from his back and he can fly around attacking. But it is a shocking suprise to anybody who has never witnessed it. He can send messages through telepathy, but only small sentences or gestures, anything else tires him out really quickly.
Steve's witty dialogue (If I can think of any) sometimes puts him off the fighting as he thinks of ways to taunt the opponent instead of finishing him off. Inadventently letting them get back on their feet.

Edit: is this okay?

Midnaftw

Smash Cadet
((Sorry, just wanted to add to the... unusual... atmosphere of the character. It took my Five minutes to think of that anyway ^^))
Steve walks around his room. 2 hours until his first battle... he didn't know whom it would be... He wasn't scared.... he was terrified! "Stay calm, stay calm." He thought to himself. He had a reputation to keep. By the skull of the.... err.... something, he would win this fight! Two hours later he puts on his tunic, masking his grotesque excuse for limbs. He places on his hood and cloak and picks up his blades.
"This guy is going down"

((Tell me when and who I'm fighting when you're ready))

Midnaftw

Smash Cadet
((okay))

Steve enters the fray, not many people. He looks around.... A... DOG? Steve decides he must be crazy, he sees a man wearing green. He launches a small pulse of shadow, small enough to be unnoticed and large enough for Steve to see. He is shocked when it blasts back at him at 10 times the velocity. Steve yelps, swears in Daemon and dives out of the way "Spinrut Etah I!" He yells. People risk a glace, don't see him as a threat and continue what they were doing. Deciding to leave the green man well alone, he spots a man, seemingly in his 60s, in a suit. "Free kill!" thought Steve viciously. Steve spins his blades around parralel to his body and dives at the man quickly for the kill.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Tom Delay gets ripped into shreds and dies

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
((Alright guys, LOGIC is the key to this game.

Reversai's sword blocks bullet from the lizard man.
This makes no sense. How the hell do swords block bullets? Was he holding them both vertically infront of him? If the bullets missed him entirely, I would have accepted that (maybe, after all, my character is an assassin, and probably is a good shot).

Remember, it's okay for your characters to get injured. If someone shoots at you or something, rather than saying 'The attack misses entirely,' which is illogical, say 'An arrow/bullet/magic fireball embeds itself into Old McDonald's foot.'

Tom Delay gets ripped into shreds and dies
Now, this is an example of logical post. If you know your character is outmatched, then you kill him. It's that simple. There's no way a Republican could somehow dodge (let alone survive) 3 slashes from some ancient warrior (or whatever Reversai's supposed to be).

I understand most of you are probably new to Role Playing, but I just wanted to get a few things straight.

Also, before I forget, to prevent confusion, use the names of the people you attack rather than 'he' and whatnot.))

Frix swore. Three bullets down the toilet, he thought to himself. I gotta take more time to aim.

Across the arena, he noticed that his previous target, Reversai, had just slayed Tom Daley. Which was no real surprise, since he was entirely unarmed. Frix reloaded 3 bullets into his pistol from his extra pack, and turned his attention to Cat the dog.

He pressed a button on his pioneer's watch, and he vanished as his cloaking device wrapped around him. He left the forcefeild unactivated, as it would just drain the battery right now. He slowly advanced towards Cat, leaving small footprints in the sand as he moved.

smashbot226

Smash Master
He pressed a button on his pioneer's watch, and he vanished as his cloaking device wrapped around him. He left the forcefeild unactivated, as it would just drain the battery right now. He slowly advanced towards Cat, leaving small footprints in the sand as he moved.
Cat, wary of an impending attack, looked around for a sign, when he saw footprints slowly advancing towards him- probably the lizard, thought Cat.

Cat, in haste, jumps onto the wall, then leaps off of it, over the footprints, as he tosses Shuriken at where he guessed where this lizard was.

HE found himself in front of Steve, as Cat jumped to his side and jumped at him, slashing with his katana.

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
Reversai flung himself at Cat with two hacks but missed.

He then heard a gunshot and jumped high, then struck Steve with a bolt from Yuriidoku's elemental power of lightning.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Name: Block

Race: Unknown

Appearance: Unknown

Weapon(s): None

Armor/Clothing: A huge, dense, thick metal block, exactly nine feet tall and four feet wide.

Power: Block has the strength to move around this huge metal block at high speeds. However, because he is totally encased inside a metal block, he has trouble figuring out where his enemies are. He usually just runs towards whatever direction he hears noise in, hoping that he'll be able to crash into whoever her heard.

No one knows where he comes from. He's never been seen outside of his block. It's unknown how he eats or craps or pees. Some people claim to have seen a bit of his feet underneath the block, but these claims have never been verified.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Name: Elijah Price

Race: Black

Appearance: 6'1'' 200 lbs, wears a purple overcoat and has crazy hair

Weapon(s): Glass cane. Grenades.

Armor/Clothing: Purple overcoat with a shiny veneer

Power: Osteogenesis Imperfecta: Allows him to break limbs incredibly easy, making everyday life an incredibly painful experience.

Elijah Price, aka Mr. Glass, walks into the arena, relying largely on the support of his cane. He pulls the pin on a grenade and bounces it toward the Dog ninja thing.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Cat noticed the grenade thrown at him, and quickly leaps onto the wall behind him and leaps off of it, directing his landing, using Steve's head to leap off of it and back onto the floor, ready for anything else.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Oh whoops, apparently I entered too soon.

Mr. Glass grins bashfully and exits the arena. He sits down in the audience and eats some chicken.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Yeah, I don't think you're not allowed to fight...

--------------

Cat looked at the oncoming block-man, and retaliated by, again, leaping off of the wall behind him, then leaped off of the top of Block.

However, on his landing, he tumbled a little, and accidently dropped a smoke bomb, which set off in the middle of the arena.

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
Meanwhile, Reversai's vision was clouded by the impending smoke.

He focused his energy into his Force Pressure tech, somewhat suppressing the smog and the opponents as well.

Top Bottom