• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2006 MLG season in review

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I took some time to rebuild the results from all of MLG's pro brackets over the 2006 season and uploaded them to my website. This includes brackets and overall placings for each MLG tournament this past year:

MLG Meadowlands (first NY/NJ)
MLG Dallas
MLG Anaheim
MLG Chicago
MLG Orlando
MLG New York
MLG Vegas

(Note: does not include the massive New York amateur brackets.)

I also compiled individual results for all the big names on the MLG circuit, cross-referencing their placings from each tournament in my database (which also includes a number of West Coast and Midwest tourneys). Example pages can be seen here and here. Any player with a small icon next to their name on a tournament results page has a page for their total individual results. Please excuse my oversight for the people I've missed, but it's a time-consuming process to link their names.

The website also contains similar results for about two dozen SoCal + NorCal tournaments, plus the entire Midwest Circuit.

Enjoy!

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Glad people are enjoying the site. I'd like to point out that I have to pay to keep the site running myself, and to that end installed some Google ads to help pay for the upkeep. Please keep an eye out for the ads and click on any that interest you -- I would GREATLY appreciate it :).

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Those are just the names of the events he entered. They're completely up to the tournament director, who enters them when running the tournament. All the events in my database are for SSBM, but that could change in the future.

salulos

Smash Rookie
i plan on using mlg smash results for an upcoming math project and all of this really helps, but does anyone know how i can find out what character each player used?
(all i really need is that character of 1st and 2nd place)

if its aproved, im gonna check for an obvious correlation between character used and amount of tourmanets won

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
In the final sets they don't necessarily use the same character every match, so you would probably have to adjust for that.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bump.

I added amateur/open singles brackets from Meadowlands, Dallas, Anaheim, Chicago, and Orlando. The New York open bracket is ridonkulously large and might never see the light of day on my server. But you never know.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Slight correction, Team PokeFloats wasn't me and Squared, but Squared and Viperboy. Otherwise your correlation system is amazing. ^_^

metroid1117

Smash Master
Great site, nealdt!

By the way, there may be some very slight mistake in Taj's MLG tournament records:

"MLG Dallas - May 19, 2006
Amateur Singles (entered as Taj)
Defeated Omar
Defeated Mr. C
Placed 33 out of 32

MLG Anaheim - June 23, 2006
Amateur Singles (entered as Taj)
Defeated Pete Chen
Defeated Mike Y
Placed 33 out of 32"

I don't think it's possible to place 33 out of 32 >.>. If they aren't mistakes, then sorry in advance - -;;.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
They're not mistakes so much as they are lazy programming. The Amateur brackets didn't finish all the way through; they were cut off at a certain point and all remaining players were shipped off to the pro bracket. The 33/32 thing is just because the server can't figure out an accurate ranking for the player. I'll fix it eventually :).

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not that it really matters, but the "drew" at MLG Dallas was me lol.

M3D was too lazy to put in my long-*** name I guess :)

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Technomancer: no, not really. I did a basic ELO implementation that runs through all the matches in the database and ranks players... but it wasn't a full ELO system and it doesn't really match my goals for the website. So it's on the backburner for now.

BTW, I'd be more than happy to host any tournament's results on my server in the same fashion as the MLG ones... all you have to do is this program to run the brackets and then hit me up with the data file. Just throwing that out there :).

Top Bottom