• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dynasty City

ShadyEagle7

Smash Rookie
This is what is called an "Interactive story". Not a Choose-your-own-adventure story. You (the posters) do everything here. You create the characters, You create weapons and locations, You advance the plot.

This started on another message board with some of my friends and it took off amazingly! I figured there is more people here, so it should do fairly well.

Setting:

Dynasty City. A city where the citizens are caught in a constant conflict between the "Heroes" and the "Villains" over influence on the Senate.

Objective:

Really, there is no objective. you can follow the plot line i outlined or just do whatever with your character(s).

Rules:

Oh...The dreaded rules a storyteller must provide. I have to ensure that things don't go crazy here.

1: Keep things PG13 here.

2: No spamming.

3: If you want to join the story you must post a character with the following format.

Name:
Weapon:
Powers:
Career:
Other:

Example Character:

Name: Mysterious Hooded Woman
Description: A hooded female who lives in New Zealand. She desires to go into Alcatraz to meet with Martha Stewart. She has a short temper with stupid people.
Weapon: None
Powers: Magic, like all New Zealanders. She only uses it in self defense.
Other: She's a Democrat, so she's voting for Obama.
How did (s)he arrive in Awesome Land?: While searching for Bob, she fell into a portal caused by a mystic banana left by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

4: Use proper grammar/punctuation.

5: If a character is speaking, use quotation marks. Be descriptive as well. Don't say: "I like fried food." said Bob. He sat down.

Do say: "I really enjoy eating deep fried goods. They are crunchy, salty, and cause heart attacks!" replied Bob as he sat down across from the hooded woman.

Also, if you're describing scenery, do just that. Describe it, as in be descriptive. "It was a glorious summer day as Bob arose from his slumber. He drew his mighty blade and prepared to embark on an adventure" is greater than "Bob woke up and saw sun. He got his sword and left to fight.'

6: No controlling other characters unless they are made up by you or you have the owner's permission.

what do you think? Anyone interested?

ShadyEagle7

Smash Rookie
That character profile was just an example taken from a friend. Use this outline.

This is my actual character:

Name: Jebus Rinn

Weapon: Spear

Description: Relatively tall, light brown hair. Blue eyes.

Short History: His father was a Senator in Dynasty city, until he was killed in a raid by a group of Villains. Since then he has sworn to protect Dynasty City from the Villains.

Loyalty: Heroes, Senators.

Top Bottom