• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Island Mafia- Game over! Town wins!

smashman90

Smash Lord
Ah, Monster Island is a beautiful island surrounded by sparkling, whale-free waters. This small island is filled with tropical plants and several exotic species of animals. And by "exotic species of animals", we mean ferocious behemoths that destroy cities with relative ease. It is the year 2009 and these monsters have been captured and sent to Monster Island in order to contain them so that they will not do any more damage to mankind hopefully. But a new threat has appeared on Monster Island. Alien Invaders have decided to attack Earth and they plan to get rid of the biggest threat to them...the monsters of Monster Island. The Invaders have sent some of their strongest monsters to destroy the inhabitants of Monster Island. Welcome to...

Monster Island Mafia

General Rules:

- Keep it clean. It's okay to joke around with people and such and some debates may get a bit heated, but please don't attack the other players personally.

-Editing your post is against the rules. Do it once and you get a warning, do it twice and you get replaced.

-Don't quote or fake quote a Mod PM. Doing so will automatically get you replaced or possibly modkilled. Describing it in your own words is fine, but just don't directly quote it, use pics from the PM, etc.

-Deadline is usually 2 weeks from the start of a new day. Deadline extensions maybe asked if the majority of the Town asks for it. The extension may not always be granted, however.

-Deadline for night actions will be 48 hours after the end of the day.

Communication:

-Unless stated in your role PM, you cannot communicate with others (even if they are dead or not playing) about the game outside of the thread. You will get one warning and if you break the rules again you will be replaced.

- If you are capable of communicating outside of the thread, please PM me the log of the entire conversation.

Voting Rules:

-In order to vote, you must make your vote in Bold and voting will be changed slightly. Instead of saying Vote: Smashy, you will say Rawr: Smashy.

- Unvoting is simply Unrawr: Smashy.

- If you already have a vote on a person and want to switch votes, you must unvote the person you already have a vote on before voting on somebody new.

- If you don't want to lynch then simply say Rawr: No Lynch

- If you don't bold your votes, then they don't count.

Lynching:

-A lynching will occur if the majority of players have voted on a person. The day will end when a person is lynched or if a no lynch is decided.

-If the majority vote has not been reached by the deadline, then the person with the highest votes will be lynched. In case of a tie, then the first person to reach the highest amount of votes will be lynched.

-If a person is lynched and I am not around to post the death flavor, then you may talk with each other until the death flavor is posted.

-Once the lynch has been made and death flavor is posted, the game will automatically enter Night phase. Posting is not allowed in the Night Phase.

-After a person is killed, they are allowed one more post along the lines of, "Go Town!" or "Go Mafia!". Posting stuff of substance like "He's a townie" or "That person is the Doc!" is not allowed.

Inactivity:

-You are required to post once every 72 hours. Failure to do so will result in a prod. If you keep getting prodded, I will most likely replace you or I might modkill you. If you are gonna be gone for more than 72 hours, then please post it in the thread.

Win Conditions:
-Monster Island Residents (aka Town): The Town wins when all threats to the Town is elminated.

Sample PM:

Biollante
(Monster Island Resident Immortal)

You are Biollante, the immortal plant-Godzilla-human hybrid from Godzilla vs Biollante and one of the residents of Monster Island. You can detect Godzilla's prescence and once Godzilla has role claimed (you will be notified by myself if this is a legit claim), you can role claim as Biollante (and you must bold your name when doing so) and you will be unlynchable and unkillable. However, you cannot vote as a result and if you targeted for a nightkill before you reveal yourself, you will die. Claiming as Biollante after Godzilla has died will not grant you immortality. You will win when it is statistically impossible for the Town to lose.

End Sample PM.

NOTE:When you get your role PM, confirm it in the thread by stating which city or monument you would like to destroy to the most. The role PMs are being sent randomly. I will also try to post a Vote Count at least once a day, but that cannot be guaranteed as I have a life of my own and can't always be here.

Player List:
Alive:
3. Riddle (replaced by Macman on D1)
5. mentosman8
7. §teel (being replaced by GOTM, who got replaced Marshy on D1)
8. Kirbyoshi
9. frozenflame751
11. TigerWoods
12. Blue Yoshi
13. ChiboSempai
14. Circus
15. Chaco

Dead:
4. scumfever (Alien Invaders leader)
10. Xiivi (Monster Island Resident Shellshocker)
2. Gheb_01 (Monster Island Resident Stunner))
1. Xonar(Alien Invaders Hitman)
11. TigerWoods (Monster Island Resident Wuss))
6. Cacti (Alien Invaders Janitor)

Replacements:

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
/Confirming my desire to destroy any and all towers taller than the sears tower(Chi-town will have the tallest building once again!)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Uh... seeing as people have had their roles given to them 6 hours ago, and I have no pm on which person I am... are messages taking a while to send out or did you forget to send me one... or did you send one to someone else by accident instead of me?

smashman90

Smash Lord
All role PMs have been sent. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. And shame on most of you for not following the confirmation rule. You guys were suppose to name a place or monument you wanted to destroy. But I'm too tired to give a **** so I'll accept them. The day will start as soon as everybody have been confirmed.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Confirming.

Would totally squish Tampa, Florida. Because no one's gonna miss all those old people anyway.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I thought you were giving us a location we were supposed to want to destroy... that's why I did not post anything. I did read the rules... just didn't understand them :p (hopefully you don't mind me asking you from time to time what I can and cannot do... I've played several mafia games with different rules lol).

Anyways... I'm confirming my desire to destroy the Death Star.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I cofirm that I

1.) have received my role PM
2.) want to destroy all cities in the United States

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I just wanted to note that Kirbyoshi has not been on SWF for more than 2 weeks. I think we should start this game as soon as all the other people have confirmed and start without him. If he doesn't post within the first 3 days you should consider replacing him with somebody who's available.

Just wanted to throw that one out so we can start without waiting too long.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I just wanted to note that Kirbyoshi has not been on SWF for more than 2 weeks. I think we should start this game as soon as all the other people have confirmed and start without him. If he doesn't post within the first 3 days you should consider replacing him with somebody who's available.

Just wanted to throw that one out so we can start without waiting too long.

I'm giving Kirbyoshi til Sunday to confirm, if not then he will be replaced by GOTM. Seeing as Thanksgiving is tomorrow and after that is Black Friday, I will hold off and start the game on Saturday. I'd doubt that alot of us would be posting on either of those days.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm giving Kirbyoshi til Sunday to confirm, if not then he will be replaced by GOTM. Seeing as Thanksgiving is tomorrow and after that is Black Friday, I will hold off and start the game on Saturday. I'd doubt that alot of us would be posting on either of those days.
thx, thats a big help. il be campin out at a store so I won't be around anyway till sat

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
No relax, smashman said he wouldnt start it till saturday or after.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think you should start the game now, smashy. No need to wait any longer imo.

Top Bottom