• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing Special Mafia: Game Over! Who won?!

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Hello, welcome to Nothing Special Mafia. It's nothing special (oh **** mafia gonna kill the poor townies), but you might enjoy it, we'll see.

This is a Closed Set-up for 9 Players with all roles randomly assigned.
There are no Independent Roles in this set-up.
There is a Town and there is a Mafia.

Here is a sample PM:

[collapse=Example]

Hello, welcome to Nothing Special Mafia. You are Sally Ride. Born in Los Angeles, California, you were the first American woman to enter space in 1983. Both a physicist and NASA astronaut, you earned your master's degree and Ph.D. at Stanford University. In 1987 you left NASA to pursue a career at the Stanford University Center for International Security and Arms Control and later retired in 1997. However now you must join forces with the rest of the town and put an end to the mafia!

¤You may freely quote anything above this line.¤

Role: Vanilla Townie
Abilities: Your only abilities are your mind and vote; now's the time to make them count!
Win Condition:
You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.[/collapse]

Living Player List:
1. Cello_Marl
2. Kataefi
3. Macman
4. Marc
5. Mayling
6. Moriarty (KevinM/Tom hydra)
7. §tarshy (Marshy/§teel hydra)
8. SummonerAU
9. Xonar

Dead Player List:
None.

Replacement Pool:
1. Ryker
[Please PM me to ask to be signed up as a replacement.]

Important Posts:
Day 1 Begins

Rules:
[collapse=Rule Set]1) Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others! (This includes personal attacks!)
2) The game mod is the game god. However, if you feel the game god happens to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out!
3) Editing your posts is not allowed, and multi-posting is instead encouraged in its place. Any and all edits will be reversed!
4) If you are allowed to communicate with another player outside of this thread, then please follow the communication instructions within your role PM!
5) Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Mod unless your role PM explicitly states you can (in which case follow the instructions in your role PM). Failure to comply will result in a modkill. You may paraphase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words!
6) Please confirm by quoting your Role PM back to me along with Rule #16. Please do not post in-thread as confirmation. This thread will be unlocked once all players have confirmed.
7) All votes must follow the format of "Vote: NAME".
8) You are not required to unvote, however if you do, then please use the format of "Unvote:".
9) No Lynch is a valid vote target.
10) A lynch will occur when a majority of votes has been reached.
11) If a majority has not been reached, then No Lynch is forced as the lynch target.
12) A) Deadline for the Day Phase will equal a time of eight days.
12) B) Deadline for the Night Phase will equal a time of two days.
13) During any day phase a player may perform the command "Request: Deadline Extension". The deadline will be extended by 4 days if a majority of players perform this command. This can only be done once over the course of the game and the deadline will not be extended for any other reason.
15) Twilight Phase will occur between Day Phase and Night Phase. All living players including those about to be lynched will be allowed to communicate in thread until a death scene is posted.
16) After your death you are allowed to select one of the following as a final remark:
"Go go gadget Town."
"Go go gadget Mafia."
17) You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you are not active for a period longer than 48 hours, you will receive a prod. If you do not post in thread with-in 48 hours of prod, you will be replaced. Multiple prods will result in replacement at moderator's discretion. If you have pre-planned absence, then please notify the game mod ahead of time and you will not be prodded. However if your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
18) Failure to adhere to rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
19) Please avoid using HTML and coloured font in your posts. All colours used in this post are strictly forbidden for use as they are the colours the game moderator will be using.
20) You may ask questions to the game moderator using the command: "@Mod: ___".
21) Please do not post in code, hidden text, or languages other than English.[/collapse]

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Begins!

The town gathers and realizes that two are mafia and now must kill them before they are killed and stuff. Nothing special.

Deadline has been set for March 6, 2010 11:59AM EST.

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 0:
Cello_Marl: (0)
Kataefi: (0)
Macman: (0)
Marc: (0)
Mayling: (0)
Moriarty: (0)
§tarshy: (0)
SummonerAU: (0)
Xonar: (0)
Not Voting: Cello_Marl, Kataefi, Macman, Marc, Mayling, Moriarty, §tarshy, SummonerAU, Xonar (:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
vote: macman

ew ke$ha...

I feel like I wanna speak another language right now :(

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 1:
Cello_Marl: Mayling (:skull:)
Kataefi: §tarshy (:skull:)
Macman: Kataefi (:skull:)
Marc: Xonar (:skull:)
Xonar: (0)
Not Voting: Cello_Marl, Macman, Marc, Moriarty, SummonerAU (:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:)

By request a new rule has been added!
[collapse=Rule #21]Please do not post in code, hidden text, or languages other than English.[/collapse]
Sorry for an inconveniences this may cause.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Vote: Xonar

Je moeder.

Alright guys, I'm here. Not sure what to think of the hybrids, considering it renders my experience with those guys pretty much useless if they don't mention who posted. That little advantage could turn out to be good or bad for Town (I for one really hope the Moriarty account isn't Mafia).

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I can't think of anything interesting to say.

Do sound effects count as other languages? Mukii~

TheModGod said:
you were a major
TwelveSix said:
due to the large number of
elpoePcixelsyDroFwoN said:
now you must
Marc, tell me three things about you that you think will be significant to this game.

@The Hydras: Do you guys post independently, or do you collaborate and then present a united post?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
*SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH"

G's filled that up much more effectively.

This is a tribute to Blue Yoshi.

...no. I won't.

Steel, if asked, would you be willing to post three times without talking to Marshy?

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 2:
Cello_Marl: Mayling (:skull:)
Kataefi: §tarshy (:skull:)
Macman: Kataefi (:skull:)
Marc: Xonar, SummonerAU(:skull: :skull:)
Xonar: Marc (:skull:)
Not Voting: Cello_Marl, Macman, Moriarty(:skull: :skull: :skull:)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

LOL! This made me chuckle

But yeah I was a bit curious as to how the hydras work as well... are you guys able to communicate and swap across ideas across to one another?

I secretly want one.

(I'm half-expecting the same gif btw but would be cool if you could answer my question more seriously) /killjoy

hai mayling :)

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Since you were able to quote only part of my earlier statement, I'm going to post several words so you can construct sentences.

Cello_Marl
Kataefi
Macman
Marc
Mayling
Moriarty
§tarshy
SummonerAU
Xonar
I
think
that
is
scum
town
Vote:
magical girl
one
two
three
key games
take hand
should
be
modkilled
your
mislynch
lynch
give
suspects
brofist
omgus
dumb
hunt

I got bored and don't want to go through games anymore.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Yes, but I took it as more of a sarcastic thing.

Also, this makes me look helpful. =D

Moriarty

Tom|KevinM
Since you were able to quote only part of my earlier statement, I'm going to post several words so you can construct sentences.

Cello_Marl
Kataefi
Macman
Marc
Mayling
Moriarty
§tarshy
SummonerAU
Xonar
I
think
that
is
scum
town
Vote:
magical girl
one
two
three
key games
take hand
should
be
modkilled
your
mislynch
lynch
give
suspects
brofist
omgus
dumb
hunt

I got bored and don't want to go through games anymore.
Yes, but I took it as more of a sarcastic thing.

Also, this makes me look helpful. =D

I think the man in the gif is saying "no."

>.>

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Tom is so mean...

@Marc: So far you've told me that you are cautious when you see something you don't comprehend the use of. Give me two more.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Moriarty: I have no idea. But, pure speculative gut instinct, Starshy and Summoner and Marc give me bad feerings.

So, vote Marc

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yes I mean it looks a little too suspicious doesn't it?

posting in white because I care

Moriarty

Tom|KevinM

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Marc: I sure did. But, it was mostly a response to Moriarty's question in #33.

But, I might just keep it there. Still waiting on that third thing you want to let me know.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Wait, what was the second?

Maybe this will be helpful: I consider it to be a problem that Marshy and SummonerAU both posted only once with a nonsense post and a joke vote, respectively.

Top Bottom