• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pogeymafia: Red and Green - OVER! Who lived happily ever after in Kanto?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

Welcome to Pokémafia, a game designed by M3D. This game takes place in the Kanto region, and will involve some of the initial #1-151 Pokémon as well as two legendary trainers, Red and Green. In this game of rival factions, you will have the chance to explore and evolve, but remember that the most important factor towards any victory will be effort. You may be of different alignments (and your alignments may change!) but remember that no one can win without effort - so scumhunt, or manipulate, and most of all, have fun.

Read the game-specific rules. Read all of the rules, but please read the game-specific ones until you completely understand them. If you make a mistake making your actions, and you do not correct it before deadline ends or I am not able to check with you before deadline ends, you may not make an action, or the action you make may not exactly be the one you meant.

I'd like to take this time to thank M3D for designing the game. It is a good one, all design credit goes to him, and I'm absolutely delighted for the opportunity to put it together and run it full of flavor. I'd also like to thank the people who run Bulbapedia for the use of their sprites, even though this thanks will probably fall on deaf ears.

[collapse=Helpful Links:]Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: General rules that will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Description of common and uncommon roles.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: Examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.[/collapse]
[collapse=Rules:]Fundamental:
  1. Inactivity in this game is not excusable by activity in other games. If you have a dispute with me, you will let me know privately through PM or instant messaging. My decisions are final, but if you think I have made a small mistake, you can let me know by addressing me in the thread in bold.
  2. Once you have died in the game, you are no longer allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever unless you have replaced back into the game.
  3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread, regardless of whether or not that person is in the game. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to PM all conversations to the mod.
  4. Do not edit your posts. Edits will be reversed.
  5. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  6. Personally attacking another player is not allowed.
  7. Do not quote any PMs sent to you by me in the thread. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. Doing so will automatically get you mod-killed.
  8. You are allowed to quote mod PMs privately to any member that you are allowed to communicate with outside this thread.
  9. Do not post hidden text. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. Posting text with the intent to hide it from other players, e.g. by changing the text color to resemble the page background, is not permitted.)
  10. Do not post in Orange.
  11. Do not post in code.
  12. You must post in English.
  13. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.
  14. Disobeying any of these rules may result in your mod-kill.
Voting and Lynching:
  1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: M3D.
  2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Eor. You do not have to unvote before voting another.
  3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
  4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.
Activity and Deadline:
  1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you have pre-planned absence, then please notify the game mod ahead of time and you will not be prodded. However if your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
  2. The players may majority vote for a deadline extension. This can only be done once.
  3. Extensions will be given depending on the circumstances, such as an 11th-hour replacement.
Game-specific:
  1. Each night, you may both explore an area and make an action. If applicable, you may choose to forfeit your action and instead evolve. To reiterate, each night a player may explore one location and choose between evolving or performing a night action.
  2. Many locations lead to new location options. Once you reach a final destination, you cannot return there. For instance, if you went to X Town and you were given the choice of going to A house, B house, or C house, and you went to B house, the next night, you could not return to B house, but you could go to A house, C house, or another town.
  3. If a player evolves or their alignment changes, they will be given a new Role PM. If information in the new PM contradicts the old PM, the new PM is correct.
  4. If you have an item or find an item, you may use it only during the Night phase. However, during the Day or Twilight phase, you may give the item anonymously to any other player by sending me a PM explaining your actions. The transaction will occur when I reply back to you in confirmation. You may hold more than one item. 1-time use items must be activated by the player, but held items are passive and always work as specified. Unless otherwise specified, using an item counts as performing your nightly action.
  5. With some exceptions, actions done by players are resolved based on their Pokemon's speed. This includes the exploration order, so if a faster player visits the same area you do on the same night, they may find something that you don't.
  6. If a trainer is knocked out, all of his Pokémon will faint.
  7. The game begins on Night 0. During this unique introductory phase, players are allowed to explore locations only - no evolving, recruiting, killing or any other night actions may be used.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Locations to Explore:]
  1. Pallet Town
  2. Viridian City
  3. Viridian Forest
  4. Pewter City
  5. Cerulean City
  6. Vermillion City
  7. Lavender Town
  8. Celadon City
  9. Fuchsia City
  10. Saffron City
  11. Cinnabar Island
  12. Victory Road
  13. Mount Moon
  14. Power Plant
  15. Seafoam Island 1
  16. Seafoam Island 2
  17. Pokémon Stadium
[/collapse]
[collapse=Sample Role PM:]

Identity: You are wild Pokémon Paras.
Type: Bug/Grass
Speed: 40
Powers:
  1. Stun Spore: Each night you may choose one player, and there is a 50% all of their actions will fail that night.
Attributes: None.
Items:
  1. Rare Candy: Use it to instantly evolve to another form, does not count as night action. (Use Once)
Evolutions: Parasect
Win Condition: You are a wild Pokémon, and you win when all threats to the wild Pokémon are eliminated.[/collapse]
Fighting Fit:
  1. Ronike
  2. Xonar
  3. Kirbyoshi
  4. Gheb_01 (Independent Pokemon Serial Killer Mewtwo) survives
  5. SwordsRBroken
  6. Guus replaced soaring-raptor-blast who replaced replaced Ryker Day 2
  7. Meta-Kirby
  8. McFox
  9. Omis
  10. Handorin
  11. SummonerAU
  12. KevinM
  13. ChiboSempai
  14. frozenflame751
  15. Junglefeverreplaced Chaco Day 2

Fainted:
  1. Kirbyoshi (Weedle, wild Pokémon Weedle, unevolved vanilla), lynched Day 1
  2. Omis (wild Pokemon vigilante Mankey), killed N1
  3. SwordsRBroken (wild Pokemon, unevolved vanilla) lynched Day 2
  4. KevinM (Red Team Pokemon Trapper Dugtrio), killed Night 2
  5. frozenflame751 (wild Pokemon Doctor Venusaur), modkilled Day 3
  6. SummonerAU (wild Pokemon Thief Gengar), killed Night 3
  7. Ronike (wild Pokemon Static Pikachu), killed Night 3
  8. Xonar (wild Pokemon Absorber Mew), killed Night 4
  9. Meta-Kirby (Green Team Trainer: Green Recruiter), lynched Day 5
  10. McFox (Green Team Pokémon Charizard - Pokemon Smokescreener), exited the game with Green Team Trainer Day 5
  11. ChiboSempai (Red Team Trainer: Red Recruiter), killed Night 5
  12. Guus (Red Team Pokémon Blastoise - Pokémon Bubbler), killed Night 5
  13. Junglefever (wild Pokemon Trapper Dragonite), modkilled Day 6
  14. Handorin (wild Pokemon Roleblocker Snorlax), endgamed

Bill's PC:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The giant laboratory roared with a great explosion and erupted in flame. A scientist in a white lab coat, with a capital R penned to its front, was thrown through a window. A mysterious Pokémon, bipedal with an enormous tail, floated after him. It lowered its head, and the metal helmet and armor that encased the Pokémon fell to the ground. He looked at the scientist in front of him, and his eyes erupted like the fire behind him. They began to glow purple, and as they did, he spoke without moving his mouth.

“You will pay. You will all pay.”

Pallet Town: the two trainers exited the lab with their new tools - a Pokédex, and three Pokéballs to catch the wild Pokémon that they would recruit to make their teams.

“I’m going to be the greatest. I’m headed to the top,” Red stated confidently.

“Not if I get there first,” Green replied with a snicker.

The two stared at each other before smiling. This world was full of wild Pokémon for them to catch, train, and use to become the greatest trainers ever known. What a great night to be a Pokémon trainer!

And what a great night to be a Pokémon! The wild Pokémon of Kanto interacted with each other – most slept, but some fought, and others explored new territory.

It is now Night 0. Tonight, you may not make any actions, nor use any items. You are only allowed to choose a location to explore. Take this time also to ask any questions, via PM to me, about what you might not understand, but please read the rules. Your exploration choice also confirms you for the game.

Night 0 ends in 48 hours, or when all players have confirmed.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
All players have confirmed.

After a night of exploration, many Pokémon stir awake, and the world of Kanto erupts with life!

Day 1 begins.
With 15 players alive, it takes 8 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for Sunday, March 21st, Noon EST.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Vote: Ryker

Like I said, not gonna underestimate you no more.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Vote: Ryker

Which game did he win?

We obviously need to get rid of Red and Green before they start recruiting us.

Ronike

Smash Ace
KevinM has a red name, McFox has a green name... Coincidence? I think not...

I have a yellow name, obvtown is obvious.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Vote: McFox

1) Do you think there is still a mafia faction in this game?
2) We have no idea if Red and Green a recruiters + trainer owned pokemon are stronger than wild pokemon. Why do you want to rush to kill Red and Green?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Vote: Ronike

Lying about your name color, and tunneling on Kevin and McFox when Chibo and Chaco (I think) also have red names, and Hando has a green name as well.

@Summoner: Were your questions directed only at McFox, or at all players?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Elaborate? I had a benifitial result in mind when I heard about trainers being able to recruit wild Pokémon. Not gonna go into more detail here because it would go too close to role fishing, which I'd rather avoid but I don't think that being recruited is necessarily a bad thing.
You also say that we "obviously need to get rid of Red and Green" but I don't see how this is obvious at all.

Vote Frozen

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Fluff says that M2 is pretty bad-***. He probably has a mafia faction.
You say "probably has a mafia faction". Are you expecting more than one mafia faction? If so - why? This post is certainly something to keep in mind for later.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Ok, just so there's no confusion on my opinion...

I think there are 2 likely setups. The first is this: there are 2 mafia factions, Red and Green, that may work more like NK-ing cults (Notice that the mod has mentioned both NK-ing and recruiting in his posts). The second is this: the Red and Green teams are just competing against each other, and the Wild Pokemon are competing against some other faction. In the second scenario, once a Pokemon has been recruited, the anti-wild faction (while denouncing the evils of truth and love :p) is no longer a threat to them.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
1) Once Red and Green get a few pokemon each, if one of them dies all the pokemon they have faint. I'm pretty sure that would wreck the game for wild pokemon in the second scenario.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm also inclined to believe that being recruited by a trainer (if that's even how they work) is a bad thing. Methinks that this game operates on some sort of multifaction recruiting basis. Just empty speculation though.

Could definitely see Mewtwo being some crazy recruiting indy. Special cult or something like that, considering flavour suggests relation to the first movie storyline with his clone army and what not.

Vote: SummonerAU for lol questions.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Summoner, how would it wreck the game for Wild in the second scenario if in the second scenario, Wild is only directly against the "mafia faction"?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
The second is this: the Red and Green teams are just competing against each other, and the Wild Pokemon are competing against some other faction.
Red and Green would compete with pokemon. I'm sure they have something that allows them to catch pokemon. Once the trainer dies, all the recruited pokemon die. Assuming that the recruited pokemon will still contribute to the win goal for the 'mafia' faction, they'll get a few kills at once from killing Red/Green later game. I can't see a mafia faction winning only on wild pokemon if wild pokemon can be recruited by Red/Green. Therefore, if the mafia win condition is based on total players left, and if only wild pokemon are against the mafia, Red/Green dying would cause the total players left to decrease by a few. Think of it as mafia getting 4 or so NKs in one night after they killed a certain person.

Of course, it's all educated guesswork based off the rules and such. I'm sure the game has been designed in a way that's fair for all parties involved.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You say "probably has a mafia faction". Are you expecting more than one mafia faction? If so - why? This post is certainly something to keep in mind for later.

He kidnapped pokemons and cloned them in the movie, I should know as I watched it over 9000 times. Sounds like a cult.

I think there's 2 other cults in the form of red and green, but the recruiting will probably still be limited because of visiting regions? and I think that pokemon can use an item or summit to avoid being catched or summit.

Ghebsies, look at the fluffsies. There's mewtwo and apart from mewtwo there's red and green. Looks like multiple factions to me.

An other option is that red/green are a faction (trainers) and they have to usurp each other or summit.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about red/green. Are they town/indy? Are they mafia? are they cults? I don't know.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Personally, I don't care what faction Red and Green are currently. I'm not interested in getting recruited and then killed because I'm tied to someone else. Not to mention that I was told to eliminate threats to wild Pokemon. It was my assumption that this included the trainers, considering once you're caught, you AREN'T a wild Pokemon anymore.

The way I figure it, Red and Green are two opposing recruiting factions, and Mewtwo is probably an imdepedent. That's the assumption I was going off of, given the flavor setup, that's what made sense to me.

So Summoner, currently no, I don't think there is a mafia faction. There certainly could be, but that seems like a lot to squeeze into a game of this size. Two recruiting factions (whose recruits all die with them) and an indy seem like a lot to me in a game of 15 players. We'll see, but that's where my head's at right now.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
McFox, I'm not catching your drift. You say we need to make sure Red/Green don't recruit us and that you think Mewtwo is likely an independant. What kind of independant do you think? A killing one like an SK? If Red/Green are recruiters as you believe then would that mean they have a night kill? If not then Mewtwo would.

And yet your gunning for Red/Green over Mewtwo. Not saying I believe your explanation of everything, I'm still trying to figure things out for this game exactly, but you would rather dispose of recruiters that still let you win the game compared to a faction that can outright kill you?

*goes to read the OP more, I'm confused*

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Would everyone stop rolefishing and scumhunt now? As far as i'm concerned, this what role is red/green/mewtwo thing is getting us nowhere.

Vote: Summoner

@summoner Why are you trying to get mcfox wagoned so quickly? Saying things like "Less talk more votes!" puts you up on my scum list ATM.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Trainers don't kill pokemon, that would fit Mewtwo more. But maybe there are no night kills at all? Or Mewtwo recruits by killing and then increasing power by 'cloning' after killing.

/pokemafia geeking

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So yea, the OP says that recruiting is a night action, and that "If a trainer is knocked out, all of his Pokémon will faint." It also mentions that killing is a night action.

Also reading into it more keeping in mind that Tom said (when I asked him on AIM) we don't know all of the factions, just subtle hints from the OP, Mewtwo talked in purple, Red in red, and Green in green, which seems quite suggestive.

So McFox, why would you gun for Red/Green over Mewtwo?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Would everyone stop rolefishing and scumhunt now? As far as i'm concerned, this what role is red/green/mewtwo thing is getting us nowhere.

Vote: Summoner

@summoner Why are you trying to get mcfox wagoned so quickly? Saying things like "Less talk more votes!" puts you up on my scum list ATM.
In a game so out of left field like this, how do you expect us to play it effectively with every single role out there being originally created essentially? It's like taking shots in the dark. Rolefishing is bad, but understanding the basic mechanics and a outline of the setup is fairly important.

FoS: McFox - Seems like your trying to keep us off the idea of looking for Mewtwo when I find it to be a bigger threat.
FoS: Swords - For trying to keep the more powerful roles a complete secret. Unless there are other wild pokemon out there that are considerably more powerful (which idk if that would work since then that would/could make the trainer that owns them (if recruited) OP'd). Pretty much, we're not dealing with Town PR's like in most mafia games, and we don't have to worry about exposing them. The only time you should be worried about the "PRs" in this game (meaning Red Green and Mewtwo) being exposed is when you are aligned under one of them, and atm, no one is recruited yet (since you cant recruit on night 0), then no wild pokemon should be worried about PRs being exposed or not.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Chibo, I could see some Wild Pokemon existing in this game who are more powerful than others, balanced by the fact that they would probably be harder to catch (idk how it works, but if it's done by, say, random.org, there would be a greater chance of failure to catch).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea, some pokemon will have some abilities stronger than others, but in a closed and completely unknown setup there's no way to know whats going on, when I feel that in the current situation, it's the Red/Green/Mewtwo that have to be shrouded in secrecy more than others.

Top Bottom