• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Pop Stars Mafia | GAME OVER I WONDER WHO WON IT REEKS OF PERFUME

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

Hello, welcome to Disney Pop Stars Mafia! Trouble is going down at the Disney Headquarters and you need to stop it (or endorse it)!

This is an Open Set-up for 13 Players with all roles randomly assigned.

[collapse=Rules]1) Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others! (This includes personal attacks!)
2) The game mod is the game god. However, if you feel the game god happens to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out!
3) Editing your posts is not allowed, and multi-posting is instead encouraged in its place. Any and all edits will be reversed!
4) If you are allowed to communicate with another player outside of this thread, then please follow the communication instructions within your role PM!
5) Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Mod. Failure to comply will result in a modkill. You may paraphase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words!
6) Please follow the confirmation instructions in your role PM!
7) All votes must follow the format of "Vote: NAME".
8) You are not required to unvote, however if you do, then please use the format of "Unvote: NAME".
9) You may vote for No Lynch.
10) A lynch will occur when a majority of votes has been reached.
11) If a majority has not been reached, then there is a forced No Lynch.
12) A) Deadline for the Day Phase will equal a time of ten days.
12) B) Deadline for the Night Phase will equal a time of two days.
13) During any day phase a player may perform the command "Request: Deadline Extension". The deadline will be extended by 4 days if a majority of players perform this command. This can only be done once over the course of the game and the deadline will not be extended for any other reason.
15) Twilight Phase will occur between Day Phase and Night Phase. All living players including those about to be lynched will be allowed to communicate in thread until a death scene is posted.
16) After your death you are allowed to select one of the following as a final remark:
"Go Jonas Brothers!"
"Go Cute Girls!"
17) You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you are not active for a period longer than 48 hours, you will receive a prod. If you do not post in thread with-in 48 hours of prod, you will be replaced. Multiple prods will result in replacement at moderator's discretion. If you have pre-planned absence, then please notify the game mod ahead of time and you will not be prodded.
18) Failure to adhere to rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
19) Please avoid using HTML and coloured font in your posts.[/collapse]

[collapse=Role PM's and Setup!]

9 Vanilla Town:

Welcome to Disney Pop Stars Mafia, ! You are a Jonas Brother. Which one? Well, I can't tell you, but between the main Jonas Brothers and all of the long-lost Jonas Brothers, it doesn't really matter. What does matter in these Lines, Vines, and Trying Times is that you have to work with your fellow Jonas Brothers to save yourselves. From what? Well, you're just Paranoid that things will soon be Burnin' Up. You overheard the Disney Girls plotting to take over Disney, and you think there might be another threat out there too.

Role: Vanilla Townie

Abilities: You voice and your vote.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the Jonas Brothers have been eliminated.

---

1 BP Abductor:

Welcome to Disney Pop Stars Mafia, ! You are Michael Jackson. As a side career to being the King of Pop, your attraction to children, especially on the Disney Channel, is simply undenying. This is gonna be a Thriller, so use your best kidnapping skills to win this game!

Role: Bulletproof Abductor

Abilities: Every night, PM me the name of the player you would like to abduct. If you do not choose, it will be randomized.

You are bulletproof.

Win Condition: You win when you're the last player standing or nothing can prevent that.

---

3 Mafia Goons:

Welcome to Disney Pop Stars Mafia, ! You are Selena Gomez. Naturally, you will be working with your best friend Demi Lovato , and despite your long time rivalry because of her tendency to Kiss & Tell, Miley Cyrus will also be working with the two of you because she's a good distraction to keep attention off of you while you kill the Jonas Brothers. You wouldn't mind her dying, but perhaps that is best saved for another time.

Role: Mafia Goon

Abilities: ****ing Factional Night Kill--**** yeah all that magic training in Wizards of Weaverly Place paid off.

You also may talk to your best friend Demi and that skank Miley outside of the thread. All chat logs and PM logs MUST be sent to me through PM.

Win Condition: You win when you have an undeniable majority rule or nothing can prevent this.

-

Welcome to Disney Pop Stars Mafia, ! You are Demi Lovato. Here We Go Again, you will be working with your best friend Selena Gomez , and despite Miley Cyrus being seemingly from La La Land, she will also be joining you two in your quest to shut down the Jonas Brothers and take over the Disney Channel.

Abilities: ****ing Factional Night Kill--**** because your dream to one day attend Camp Rock in Mitchie Torres is bringing the violence out of you.

You also may talk to your best friend Selena and that skank Miley outside of the thread. All chat logs and PM logs MUST be sent to me through PM.

Win Condition: You win when you have an undeniable majority rule or nothing can prevent this.

-

Welcome to Disney Pop Stars Mafia, ! You are Miley Cyrus. It's time for an epic Party in the USA, as you will be working with long time rivals Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato. All they do is a bunch of Kicking and Screaming and are clearly jealous of your superior talent to act as two different people in one show. Regardless, you must make The Climb and shut down the Jonas Brothers to take over the Disney Channel!

Abilities: ****ing Factional Night Kill--**** because you can distract the Jonas Brothers with your pole dancing while your partners in crime put them to rest.

You may also speak with those jealous sluts Selena and Demi outside of the thread. All aim logs and PM logs MUST be sent to me in a PM.

Win Condition: You win when you have an undeniable majority rule or nothing can prevent this.[/collapse]

Alive Players:

1. Tom
2. ChiboSempai
3. Mayling
4. KevinM
5. Tandora
6. Delvro
7. Bunglefever
8. Summoner
9. Nix2100
10. Chaco
11. Gheb_01
12. Cello_Marl
13. Vult Redux

Dead Players:

None! :D

Important Events:

Day 1 Begins | Day 1 Ends
Day 2 Begins | Day 2 Ends
Day 3 Begins | Day 3 Ends

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Today is a glorious day at Disney Headquarters! Seems that Disney has tracked down the long lost brothers of the three famous Jonas Brothers! And thus, Disney is running a 12 hour long marathon of Jonas Brothers on TV while they work with all of the long lost Jonas Brothers to create a new teen pop CD! However, it seems there is trouble afoot! Some of the Disney girls--Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, and Demi Lovato--are jealous of how quickly they've become outnumbered with all of the new Jonas Brothers and have decided to kill off a few of them. Also, it seems all of these young children are in danger because of another threat...

Day 1 has begun!

With 13 alive, it takes a vote of 7 to lynch!

A deadline has been set for March 27th, 11:59:59 PM EST!

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Mayling, would you mind giving to us an analysis of this setup [whether you feel it's balanced, with whom the advantage lies, etc.]?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Sure.

Looks balanced to me. However, the balance itself is less important (given that we've already started) than thinking about how that will affect how people play.

Interesting anecdote, one time I metamorphosed from a vanilla into a one-shot vigilante to "rebalance" a game after it started. I ended up shooting a confirmed townie.

What do you like better? RVS or RQS?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I've always felt that 1/5 town, round up, should be scum, 1/10 town, rounded based on a percent of players (so 13 players means 1 indy and a 30% chance of a second indy), should be indy, and power roles are balanced against each other without considering numbers.

Do you think early vocal players are typically scum (in the mafia+indy sense), townie, or null-tell?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I feel that I get more from asking players about the setup [mind, it's not a "random" question at all] than I can get by voting them.

I don't have a preference for either of those.

Since I asked a question in my first post and didn't cast a vote in that post, didn't you assume that I preferred the RQS? If so, why bother asking me something like that?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
You make a good point.

However, given that I asked, why didn't you assume that I didn't assume you preferred RQS?

"Indy" = Independently aligned, i.e. not town or mafia.

Second however, I prefer RQS, or something similar to it. Actually, I just learned that term today.

So let's do that.

1. Tom - Do you think asking the same question twice in this sort of format is a tell? Do you think asking the same question to the same person over the course of two games is a tell?
2. ChiboSempai - I'm just going to assume that you are scum.
3. Mayling - I wish we was MandarinOrange...
4. KevinM - Considering recent events, would you rather scrutinize a person that a just flipped scum has had zero interaction with, or just a little interaction with? If it depends on who the scum is, elaborate based on the players present, if you like.
5. Tandora - Have you ever considered how often someone has been town/scum, and seriously used that as a aid to whether or not you think that person's "turn to be (insert alignment)" has come up?
6. Delvro - What brought you back to DGames?
7. Bunglefever - Say whatever you want. I'll figure out your alignment from that. Diggy, diggy, diggy. Also, hihi.
8. Summoner - RQS or RVS?
9. Nix2100 - In general, do you find someone that completely disagrees with your line of thinking, even if the town in general finds him/her to be towny, to be scummy?
10. Chaco - When replying to a thread, do you tend to refresh before you post, or just post?
11. Gheb_01 - Who in this game do you think you will be able to read the easiest?
13. Vult Redux - How much additional/less weight do you give to peoples' opinions when you are aware that they know each other irl, and/or for a long time online? Sidenote: May and Tanny are my family, and Delvro is an irl friend.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Whatever works.

RQS is good if everyone asks questions/answers them. RVS puts more pressure on people and I think is more likely to make someone do something silly.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
LET'S DO BOTH :D

Vote:Tom

WHY ARE YOU SO SCUM? How do you feel about RQS? How do you feel about Cello's first questions? Have you seen RQS used on dgames before?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
First off, I want to say thanks for having me. It looks like Steel has a pretty good set up going and I hope everyone has fun.

You make a good point.

However, given that I asked, why didn't you assume that I didn't assume you preferred RQS?

"Indy" = Independently aligned, i.e. not town or mafia.

Second however, I prefer RQS, or something similar to it. Actually, I just learned that term today.

So let's do that.

1. Tom - Do you think asking the same question twice in this sort of format is a tell? Do you think asking the same question to the same person over the course of two games is a tell?
2. ChiboSempai - I'm just going to assume that you are scum.
4. KevinM - Considering recent events, would you rather scrutinize a person that a just flipped scum has had zero interaction with, or just a little interaction with? If it depends on who the scum is, elaborate based on the players present, if you like.
5. Tandora - Have you ever considered how often someone has been town/scum, and seriously used that as a aid to whether or not you think that person's "turn to be (insert alignment)" has come up?
I have in the pasted used "well, this guy was just scum, so it's less likely he'll be scum this time" or "X seems to be scum a lot, so he might be this time," but it's not a good method. It's like saying "this coin tends to flip heads" or "this roulette table favors red", it's really just random chance leaning one way over the other.

Now, if I needed one more nudge to push me over, I would probably fall back to probability.

Cello - Why are you assuming Chibo is scum? And why didn't Mayling (and a couple of other players) get a question?

Also, I like RQS better. It feels more helpful in the long run rather than making false foundations for arguments.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Clever way to dance around my question!

I assumed that because I'd have thought you wouldn't need to ask something that could already be assumed -- it's redundant.

Please answer my question:

didn't you assume that I preferred the RQS? If so, why bother asking me something like that?
-

13. Vult Redux - How much additional/less weight do you give to peoples' opinions when you are aware that they know each other irl, and/or for a long time online? Sidenote: May and Tanny are my family, and Delvro is an irl friend.
I've never been in this position, so I'm not sure.

Chaco

Never Logs In
"When replying to a thread, do you tend to refresh before you post, or just post?"

Unfortunately, I generally use Quick Reply sooo I never really preview post. But when I do preview, it's only to see how things flow. Not generally to see if more responses have been added, because if I'm quoting...That's what I'm wanting to hit anyways.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Vult: Clever way to dance around my question!
As far as I was concerned, I did answer your question. But, to be explicit, I didn't assume that you preferred RQS. The second question is therefore moot.

@Tandora: Monty Hall problem, my choice of target selected based on advice from a reliable Pokemon. Also, I couldn't think of anything to ask Meimu.

@Summoner: When/why do you choose to use caps for full sentences? Asking more for the parameters that determine their use.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Caps are generally used when I'm being silly or just joking around with people.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
"
4. KevinM - Considering recent events, would you rather scrutinize a person that a just flipped scum has had zero interaction with, or just a little interaction with? If it depends on who the scum is, elaborate based on the players present, if you like."

Entirely dependent on the scenario so I will have to decline answering this.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Lol Vult's being paranoid. That's a good sign =]
Does this post aid the Town? How? Why didn't you answer Cello's question [you've obviously been paying attention to posts if you feel confident enough to say I'm paranoid; I'm doubting you missed it]?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
First of all, EVERYBODY BE AS ACTIVE AS YOU CAN!!! Town got buttraped in L4S because half the town was simply not playing. Additionally SWF towns are pretty bad at finding scum without the help of PRs so everybody should really put most of their effort into this game.

Now to Cello's question:

11. Gheb_01 - Who in this game do you think you will be able to read the easiest?
That would probably be you and Chaco. The other players who are at least as new as yourself are harder to read for me because I have played less with them (this also includes Nix). Scumbagfever and Chibo both play like scum regardless of their allignment. They are "hard to read" in the same way Karthik King is "hard to read". Tom and Kevin are very consistent although I found Tom a bit easier to read in recent games.

@Summoner

Elaborate on why the answer is scummy. Not to cover Kevin but you did something very similar to him in the last Newbie game: You voted him for refusing to give an absolute statement to a question that doesn't require one. Not all questions require an absolute answer and refusing to answer it all isn't always suspicious. If you find him actually scummy then you should explain.

Vote Scumbagfever

:059:

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
i caught a live one, boys

Mayling, would you mind giving to us an analysis of this setup [whether you feel it's balanced, with whom the advantage lies, etc.]?
I think I was told 1/3 or 1/4 scum was good. So like... 4/13, that's pretty close. Looks good to me.

Is there a specific reason you asked me, and only me, this question?

Interesting anecdote, one time I metamorphosed from a vanilla into a one-shot vigilante to "rebalance" a game after it started. I ended up shooting a confirmed townie.
.................u.u

why do you buddy me

First of all, EVERYBODY BE AS ACTIVE AS YOU CAN!!! Town got buttraped in L4S because half the town was simply not playing. Additionally SWF towns are pretty bad at finding scum without the help of PRs so everybody should really put most of their effort into this game.
lol that game was like twenty thousand years ago. this is really fishy to me.

vote gheb

Chaco

Never Logs In
That game really wasn't that long ago Mayling, and it proves his point well. Scummy thing to hop on, no?

Vote: Mayling

Delvro

Smash Ace
Does this post aid the Town? How? Why didn't you answer Cello's question [you've obviously been paying attention to posts if you feel confident enough to say I'm paranoid; I'm doubting you missed it]?
Haha I suppose you are right mang, It doesn't really aid anyone but me.

You're either gonna be our ace in the hole -- or lead us down a dark, desolate path of desctruction. =] And both will be fun to watch.

Also, Mayling makes good points. No vote from me though. Getting a lead from a single post is risky.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
9. Nix2100 - In general, do you find someone that completely disagrees with your line of thinking, even if the town in general finds him/her to be towny, to be scummy?

Not entirely...more often then not I will get into a argument with that person over something....and most likely proven that I was wrong in the subject.

And RQS = Random Question Stage? Interesting...Haven't been in one of those yet. I'll have to try and think up some questions later.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
@Chaco: what? I assumed it wasn't random, but i dont see how thats a 'scummy thing to hop on'

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Vult, why are you only trying to appear useful instead of actually processing information and aiding the town?

I'm being totally serious.

Vote Vult Redux

Top Bottom