• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Muppets Mafia | Game Over! Who lived happily ever after in Muppet Land?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
"It's time to play the music
It's time to light the lights
t's time to meet the Muppets on the Muppet Show tonight.

It's time to put on makeup
It's time to dress up right
It's time to raise the curtain on the Muppet Show tonight.

Why do we always come here
I guess we'll never know
It's like a kind of torture
To have to watch the show

And now let's get things started
Why don't you get things started
It's time to get things started
On the most sensational inspirational celebrational Muppetational
This is what we call the Muppet Show!"

---

"Hey, kids! Nice to see you all on The Muppet Show tonight. My name is Scooter and I have a very special surprise for you today...

We're playing maaaaaaaaa~fia!

I have written the name of your roles on 9 different sheets of paper and put them in a hat. The 9 of you will each draw one sheet of paper out of that hat. You will play the role that's written on the sheet you draw. But before we start I'm going to explain the rules. They are quite different from the other mafia games you played so far so make sure to read them carefully!

Fundamental

1. I am MOD thy GOD. These are my COMMANDMENTS. Thou shalt put no other mods before me, and therefore inactivity in this game is not excusable by activity in other games. If you have a dispute with me, you will let me know privately through PM or instant messaging. I am infallible. That said, sometimes I will make simple mistakes to test if you are paying attention; if you believe this has happened, please address the simple mistakes in the thread in bold.
2. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are no longer allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever unless you have replaced back into the game.
3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to PM all conversations to the mod and the co-mod.
4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
5. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
6. Personally attacking another player is not allowed.
7. You are not allowed to quote your role PM or quote a fake role PM. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM.
8. Do not post hidden text. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. Posting text with the intent to hide it from other players, e.g. by changing the text color to resemble the page background, is not permitted.)
9. Do not post in code.
10. You must post in English.

Voting and Lynching

1. Each Night, you may vote for a player to become King by sending me a PM with the name of the player you want to become King. For example, vote: Virgilijus.
2. The player with the most votes will become King for the next day only. When the day starts the king will be officially announced and the players may discuss.
3. The King decides upon the lynch. He can lynch a player of his choosing by posting Lynch: [player].
4. No lynch is a viable option. If a King feels it's the best decision he can choose to end the day by posting Lynch: Nobody.
5. After the King has decided upon a lynch the game will fall into twilight until I post the death flavour. Talking during twilight is allowed.
6. You are not allowed to vote yourself at the election of the King.
7. You are allowed to vote the same player to become King as many times as you like.
8. If there's a tie during the election of the King, the player who received more votes in the previous election will be the King.
9. During the confirmation stage you must send me the name of a player you want to become King via PM. Otherwise the game will not start even if all players have confirmed.
10. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.

Activity and Deadline

1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you.
2. The players may majority vote for a deadline extension. This can only be done once.

Game-specific

* All roles are assigned entirely at random.
* There are no jesters in this game.
* There are no survivors in this game.
* There are no politicians in this game.
* Town win condition: You are Town Alligned and you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated

Players:

Alive
  • Blue Yoshi - Dr. Bunsen Honeydew Vanilla Townie
  • Sold2 (replaces Clownbot) - Fozzie Bear Town Doc

Dead
  • McMaymay's - Waldorf Vanilla Townie
  • The Paprika Killer - Sam the Eagle Vanilla Townie
  • Xonar - Statler Mafia Goon
  • SwordsRbroken - Animal Town Cop
  • Super Smash Bros. Fan - Kermit Vanilla Townie
  • Guus - Miss Piggy Vanilla Townie
  • soaring-raptor-blast - Gonzo Mafia Roleblocker

Events:

Day 1: Start | End
Day 2: Start | End
Day 3: Start | End
Day 4: Start | End

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nice to see so many relatively new players here!

If you have any questions feel free to PM or IM me (my AIMis gheb123). I will try to answer as well as possible.

D

Deleted member

I confirm that I've gotten my Role PM.

My vote for King will go in the PM to you.

D

Deleted member

Confirming, and I do call up people to vote Xonar.
dinner now. whee.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Wasn't he also supposed to post in Pokemafia? He hasn't posted there at all.

The ****ed lazy youth these days is going nowhere.

D

Deleted member

Just one more member to go.

Let's try to be patience. We only have one person left and we don't need to worry until tommorow.

D

Deleted member

@soaring-raptor-blast: Thank you for confirming. That's all we cared about really.

First one to post after the game starts gets to decided how they want to start the game.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

"Alright kids, it seems like everybody has drawn a role out of the head and also voted for a King. With that we can start the game right now! And so the story begins:

Once upon a time there was a small, peaceful muppet village where the muppet inhabitant lived amongst each other in harmony. All these big-city issues such as murder, thiefery or injustice were unknown to them...
...until all of a sudden new muppets started to settle down in this village. At that time reports arose of properties being stolen and other little criminals. With that mistrust started to spread amongst the villagers and the once so peaceful idyll was destroyed.

That's right, kids! The bad guys intruded and all of a sudden live wasn't so nice anymore. Of course, as the mayor of the village I had to do something! I wrote a letter to all the inhabitants of the muppet village:

Hi there!

As you have certainly noticed there have been lots of strange incidents the last few days. Properties of villagers has been reported to be stolen and strange new people have settled down here. I am not happy about this change of events so I have decided to gather all villagers together to come to a conclusion.
The 9 of you will meet up to discuss who is responsible for this incident and banish them from town. I - as the mayor - will play the role of the impartial arbitrator. I hope everything will go well. To help you you will be given the power of a King for a day based on election done by you. The King has the power to banish somebody from this village so choose wisely!

Yours Scooter​

People received their letters and sent in their decisions on whom they want to be king. Now the time has finally come to chase away the bad guys.

Xonar has been elected to become the king! He will decide upon this day's lynch!!!

D1 officially stars now.
Deadline is Friday, 9th April!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I think we should start the game by removing the dumbest player. There's a new rules format, so anyone who did not read the rules should be killed for being dumb enough not to read the rules.

So that said, I'll start it off the voting process by voting for who I think is the dumbest player in this game:

Vote: Blue Yoshi

D

Deleted member

@Blue Yoshi: That is an good idea, but seriously, why did you vote for yourself? That does not make any sense whatsoever and all it'll do is cause susipicion on you. Especially not do it when there is no evidence yet. In case you haven't understand yet, you're not suppose to vote for yourself. It goes in the vote counts. Until you vote yourself off..

Stop fooling around and start playing. Right now, you're looking like the dumbest player.

Can I get an bandwagon to convince him to unvote himself?

However, we are not here to vote off lazy townies, we are trying to scum hunt.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Wocka Wocka Wocka

FoS Blue Yoshi and SSBF

This isn't a democracy, it's a Xonarchy.

D

Deleted member

@soaring-raptor-blast: It is a good assumption to say that a person who votes for himself is scum, but that's not always the case. Take Frown in Newbie Mafia 5. I've played with him in there and when he was modkilled, he was reveiled as a vinalla townie.

Also, asking the king to lynch him this early in the game is quite an scummy act.

FoS: soaring-raptor-blast

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
@soaring-raptor-blast: It is a good assumption to say that a person who votes for himself is scum, but that's not always the case. Take Frown in Newbie Mafia 5. I've played with him in there and when he was modkilled, he was reveiled as a vinalla townie.

Also, asking the king to lynch him this early in the game is quite an scummy act.

FoS: soaring-raptor-blast
I don't remember frown voting for himself that game. I was there too, he just asked to be replaced >.>

Clownbot

Smash Lord
He voted himself during RVS... Kind of like Blue Yoshi is doing now except that we can't vote. : |

I'm pretty sure it was a joke on both ends.

D

Deleted member

Please note that this is an F11 set-up, a normal set-up for nine-players games. These are the possible secnarios in an Mafia game like this:

1. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
2. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
3. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, 6 Townies.
4. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.

Keep in mind that no matter the set-up, unless an exception has been made, there will always be two mafia members on the run. A good suggestion is to keep susipicous mafia members to one and two, although if you find a 3rd person equally as susipicous, it's not going to hurt you.

I think I have an idea on how to keep our ideas organized and on the right track. We should assume this is a normal 9-player Mafia but with one person who is king (Xonar). That leaves eight.

In that case, in order to come to an general conclusion, we need to get five votes on a person. I will keep tally. When we reach an majority, we give suggestions to Xonar on who to lynch. Of course he can do it when he wants, but we're just giving him suggestions, not ordering him to do something because after all, he is king.

If we don't find a majority by Thursday, April 8th, the one with the most votes will suggested to be lynched. If there is an tie, the King will be suggested to decide between one of them. Rinse and repeat.

Depending if this idea goes through, here is the first tally of Day 1:

(2)Blue Yoshi: Blue Yoshi and Super Smash Bros. Fan
People who have not voted: Clownbot, soaring-raptor-blast, The Paprika Killer, SwordsRbroken, and Guus

Any objections? I can always pretend the idea never existed.

@Clownbot: For sure Frown, but even then, that was a terrible stragedy to perform that damaged his image during the game.

Let's hope Blue Yoshi is actually active, because I'm interested in how he plays.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Wocka Wocka Wocka

At what point did Gheb ever state the set-up was F11? I don't recall him ever saying that. I'm not familiar with general set-ups so are those the only possible nine-player ones? Or are you just saying ****?

D

Deleted member

@Clownbot: F11 is an set-up used for 9-player Mafia games like this in Mafiascum, most of time, it's used in newbie games there.

However, like in Popcorn Mafia and in here, they can be applied to other Mafia games. I think they're only possible with 9-player games, but I could be wrong.

McMaymays

McFox|Mayling
I think we should start the game by removing the dumbest player. There's a new rules format, so anyone who did not read the rules should be killed for being dumb enough not to read the rules.

So that said, I'll start it off the voting process by voting for who I think is the dumbest player in this game:

Blue Yoshi, you like... start out the game always voting yourself. What's up with that man? One time thing is okay, but it really does just make you look like the dumbest person on the planet. I'd bet a bag of rocks would have smarts than you.

....HAHAHA

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect

Do you think that's a joke? Compared to that, a goldfish makes better jokes! Hahahaha!

So let's get going to my rules:
So I was thinking we'd keep this reasonably democratic. I don't know if this was SSBF's suggestion, but I considered it when this game started.
The thing is, I'll give you all the chance to vote for someone, but I won't lynch someone purely based on votes, it will influence my opinion, though.
I ignore a 'vote' if it's based on gut feeling or without a reason / a good case.
Oh and to all lurkers, I'm a huge fan of Lynch all Lurkers, that means that if you lurk D1 you're probably gonna get shot.

With everything said and done, let's lynch Scooter!
(btw thanks to all my loyal voters, dutchies got disssss)

D

Deleted member

SSBF why are you discussing the setup already??

second, don't make votes counts, that's not your job.

D

Deleted member

@The Paprika Killer: It's just something I wanted you to know about when we have a 9-player game, that's all.

Top Bottom