• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight Mafia - Game Over - Who lived happily ever after in Transylvania?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Hello welcome to Twilight Mafia!

[collapse=Rule Set]Rules:
1) Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others! (This includes personal attacks!)
¤You will receive a non-negotiable warning for your first offense and immediate forced replacement upon second offense.
2) The game mod is the game god. However, if you feel the game god happens to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out!
3) Editing your posts is not allowed, and multi-posting is instead encouraged in its place. Any and all edits will be reversed!
4) If you are allowed to communicate with another player outside of this thread, then please follow the communication instructions within your role PM!
¤You will receive a warning for your first offense and immediate modkill upon second offense.
5) Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Mod unless your role PM explicitly states you can (in which case follow the instructions in your role PM). You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words!
¤You will receive an immediate modkill upon this offense.
6) Once all role PMs have been sent, please confirm by quoting your role PM back to me along with all rules including a ¤-symbol. Please do not post in-thread as confirmation. This thread will be unlocked once all players have confirmed.
7) All votes must follow the format of "Vote: NAME".
8) You are not required to unvote, however if you do, then please use the format of "Unvote:".
9) No Lynch is a valid vote target.
10) A lynch will occur when a majority of votes has been reached.
11) If a majority has not been reached, then No Lynch is forced as the lynch target.
12) A) Deadline for the Day Phase will equal a time of seven days.
12) B) Deadline for the Night Phase will equal a time of two days.
13) During any day phase a player may perform the command "Request: Deadline Extension". The deadline will be extended by 4 days if a majority of players perform this command. This can only be done once over the course of the game and the deadline will not be extended for any other reason.
15) Twilight Phase will occur between Day Phase and Night Phase for a period of twenty-four hours. All living players including those about to be lynched will be allowed to communicate in thread until a death scene is posted.
16) After your death you are allowed to select one of the following as a final remark:
"Go followers of the twilight!"
"Go followers of the night!"
17) You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you are not active for a period longer than 48 hours, you will receive a prod. If you do not post in thread with-in 48 hours of prod, you will be replaced. Multiple prods will result in replacement at moderator's discretion. If you have pre-planned absence, then please notify the game mod ahead of time and you will not be prodded. However if your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
18) Failure to adhere to rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
19) Please avoid using HTML and coloured font in your posts. All colours used in this post are strictly forbidden for use as they are the colours the game moderator will be using.
20) You may ask questions to the game moderator using the command: "@Mod: ___".
21) Please do not post in code, hidden text, or languages other than English.
22) You may not post screenshots [print screens] or anything resembling a screenshot [print screen].
¤This offense will result in an immediate modkill.
23) Hydras may freely quote text logs of conversations, after all it's only the playerslot talking to itself. Sadly, hydras are not allowed to play in this game.
24) You may not quote logs of communication with other players if your role PM allows you to communicate with other players outside of this thread. You are free to paraphrase.
¤This offense will result in an immediate modkill.
25) You are allowed to claim anti-town. However you are not allowed to claim anti-town and that another player is anti-town with you (either explicitly or implicitly).
¤This will result in an automatic loss for your faction and your name added to a blacklist for any game I host.
26) If you have an issue with any of these rules you may privately appeal for a rule's removal via PM.
27) You may privately notify me via PM if you feel another player has violated any rule.
28) Upon your death you will be given access to a Green Room QuickTopic where you may communicate privately with other deceased players.[/collapse]

[collapse=Players & Lists]Living Player List:
1. ChiboSempai
3. HeatStroke
4. Kataefi
5. Mayling Dark_Ermac
6. Marc
7. SummonerAU
8. Sworddancer. Xonar

Dead Player List:
2. Gheb_01 (Transylvanian) murdered Night 1.
9. Vult Redux (Twilight Prince) lynched Day 2.

Replacement Pool:
1. Xonar
[Please PM me if you would like to serve as a replacement.]

Important Posts:
None.[/collapse]

[collapse=Set-Up]This is a Semi-Open Set-Up with all roles randomly assigned:

7 Town with the possibilities:
5-7 Transylvanian [Determined Randomly]
0-2 Twilight Prince [Determined Randomly]
2 Vampires with the possibilities:
0-1 Vampire Goon [Determined Randomly]
0-1 Vampire Decoy [Determined Randomly]
1 Vampire Roleblocker

Here are the Role PMs (your NAME will be in the collapse field instead of the Role Name):

[collapse=Transylvanian]

Terror lurks in your small Transylvanian town. It seems that a group of vampires have begun to reek havoc and pose a serious threat to your way of life. Thankfully, there is little sunlight in this winter season and you are able to gather all possible suspects after the sun sets and still lynch during the daytime.

Role:Transylvanian
Abilities: Your only abilities are your voice and vote; now's the time to make them count!
Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.[/collapse]

[collapse=Twilight Prince]

Terror lurks in your small Transylvanian town. It seems that a group of vampires have begun to reek havoc and pose a serious threat to your way of life. Thankfully, there is little sunlight in this winter season and you are able to gather all possible suspects after the sun sets and still lynch during the daytime. As a Transylvanian Prince, your role is vital to the safety of your citizens.

Role:
Twilight Prince

Abilities: During each twilight phase of the game that you are alive, you may choose one of the following effects and the name of living one player (except yourself). You may not choose an effect more than once.
Effects: A, B, C, D
Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.[/collapse]

[collapse=Twilight Prince Effects]Four of the following seven effects will be randomly selected for each existing twilight prince separately. The seventh effect will always be one of the four choices. Mafia players will be given a notification of what they would have received if they were town-aligned, but be unable to use it. Please note that in the collapse field will only contain the part in parentheses.

[collapse=Effect One (One-Shot Cop)]Additional Ability: One night you may send me the command "Cop: NAME". You will be told if that player is Vampire OR Transylvanian. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Cop: No Target". Your sanity is guaranteed.[/collapse]
[collapse=Effect Two (One-Shot Doctor)]Additional Ability: One night you may send me the command "Doctor: NAME". Lethal actions targeting this player will fail, however you will not be notified whether this was successful or not. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Doctor: No Target".[/collapse]
[collapse=Effect Three (One-Shot Reporter)]Additional Ability: One night you may send me the command "Report: NAME". You will be told if that player is Home OR Not Home. Only players who are not performing a command at night are home. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Report: No Target".[/collapse]
[collapse=Effect Four (One-Shot Jail Keeper)]Additional Ability: One night you can target a player by sending me the command "Jail: NAME". The targeted player will not be able to target any other players or be targeted by any other players other than yourself. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Jail: No Target".[/collapse]
[collapse=Effect Five (One-Shot Hider)]Additional Ability: One night you can target a player by sending me the command "Hide: NAME". You will not die if you are targeted by a lethal action, however you will die if your target is targeted for a lethal action. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Hide: No Target".[/collapse]
[collapse=Effect Six (One-Shot Redirector)]Additional Ability: One night you may send me the command "Switch: NAME". All lethal and non-lethal actions that target you will be changed to target that player. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Switch: No Target".[/collapse]
[collapse=Effect Seven]The player will receive one of the previous six abilities from those not used; however the ability will be a dud and will appear as if the player was roleblocked when using it.[/collapse][/collapse]

[collapse=Vampire Goon]

You are one of Carmilla's many vampire lovers. After devouring all of the blood from the neighbouring Transylvanian village, you and your fellow vampires have come to this one in hopes of satisfying your thirst for blood. Your partner is "Xiivi" Vampire Roleblocker. You shy away from the day time, limiting your communication, but what's worse is this town is clever and knows you are able to lurk during Twilight, allowing them to perform lynches!

Role: Vampire Goon
Factional Abilities: You may communicate with your partner only during the Pre-Game, Twilight and Night phases in the following QuickTopic: link. If you use any other method of communication (Private Messages, AIM, MSN, etc...) then you must provide logs of these conversations by copying and pasting them into the QuickTopic. Each night one Vampire may send me the command "Murder: NAME". This player will be targeted by that Vampire for a lethal action.
Abilities: Your only other abilities are your voice and vote; now's the time to make them count!
Win Condition: You win once your faction has an undeniable majority rule over all others or nothing can prevent this.[/collapse]

[collapse=Vampire Decoy]

You are Carmilla! After devouring all of the blood from the neighbouring Transylvanian village, you and your fellow vampires have come to this one in hopes of satisfying your thirst for blood. Your partner is "Xiivi" Vampire Roleblocker. You shy away from the day time, limiting your communication, but what's worse is this town is clever and knows you are able to lurk during Twilight, allowing them to perform lynches!

Role: Vampire Decoy
Factional Abilities: You may communicate with your partner only during the Pre-Game, Twilight and Night phases in the following QuickTopic: link. If you use any other method of communication (Private Messages, AIM, MSN, etc...) then you must provide logs of these conversations by copying and pasting them into the QuickTopic. Each night one Vampire may send me the command "Murder: NAME". This player will be targeted by that Vampire for a lethal action.
Abilities: During each twilight phase of the game that you are alive, you may choose one of the following effects and the name of living one player (except yourself). You may not choose an effect more than once. Effects: A, B, C, D

Win Condition: You win once your faction has an undeniable majority rule over all others or nothing can prevent this.[/collapse]

[collapse=Vampire Decoy Effects]Four of the following seven effects will be randomly selected for each existing vampire decoy separately. All effects will function as effect seven unless the player targeted is vampire aligned. Please note that in the collapse field will only contain the part in parentheses.

[collapse=Effect One (One-Shot Cop)]Additional Ability: One night you may send me the command "Cop: NAME". You will be told if that player is Vampire OR Transylvanian. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Cop: No Target". Your sanity is guaranteed.[/collapse]
[collapse=Effect Two (One-Shot Doctor)]Additional Ability: One night you may send me the command "Doctor: NAME". Lethal actions targeting this player will fail, however you will not be notified whether this was successful or not. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Doctor: No Target".[/collapse]
[collapse=Effect Three (One-Shot Reporter)]Additional Ability: One night you may send me the command "Report: NAME". You will be told if that player is Home OR Not Home. Only players who are not performing a command at night are home. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Report: No Target".[/collapse]
[collapse=Effect Four (One-Shot Jail Keeper)]Additional Ability: One night you can target a player by sending me the command "Jail: NAME". The targeted player will not be able to target any other players or be targeted by any other players other than yourself. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Jail: No Target".[/collapse]
[collapse=Effect Five (One-Shot Hider)]Additional Ability: One night you can target a player by sending me the command "Hide: NAME". You will not die if you are targeted by a lethal action, however you will die if your target is targeted for a lethal action. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Hide: No Target".[/collapse]
[collapse=Effect Six (One-Shot Redirector)]Additional Ability: One night you may send me the command "Switch: NAME". All lethal and non-lethal actions that target you will be changed to target that player. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Switch: No Target".[/collapse]
[collapse=Effect Seven]The player will receive one of the previous six abilities from those not used; however the ability will be a dud and will appear as if the player was roleblocked when using it.[/collapse]​
[/collapse]

[collapse=Vampire Roleblocker]

You are Dracula! After devouring all of the blood from the neighbouring Transylvanian village, you and your fellow vampires have come to this one in hopes of satisfying your thirst for blood. Your partner is "Xiivi" Vampire {Goon/Decoy}. You shy away from the day time, limiting your communication, but what's worse is this town is clever and knows you are able to lurk during Twilight, allowing them to perform lynches!

Role: Vampire Roleblocker
Abilities: Each night you may send me the command "Roleblock: NAME". Any commands used by that player on that night will fail, however you will not be notified if this occurs. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Roleblock: No Target".
Win Condition:
You win once your faction has an undeniable majority rule over all others or nothing can prevent this.[/collapse][/collapse]

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Begins & Confirmations End!

The town is in danger of the vampires lurking amongst them! As the sun begins the set, the group begins their day, hoping to get a lynch in by Twilight.

Deadline has been set for April 22, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 0:
ChiboSempai: (0)
Gheb_01: (0)
HeatStroke: (0)
Kataefi: (0)
Mayling: (0)
Marc: (0)
SummonerAU: (0)
Sworddancer.: (0)
Vult Redux: (0)
Not Voting: ChiboSempai, Gheb_01, HeatStroke, Kataefi, Mayling, Marc, SummonerAU, Sworddancer., Vult Redux (:041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041:)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
lol I most certainly am ready for the choo-choo gif!

vote: heatstroke

HAWT and allllll homo

Purple

Hi guys!
Our lynches are worthless to the power of the dark night.

They are sinistar

Beware, they live.

Beware, they hunger.

run

run

run

or lynch them.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Why are you aiming for a mislynch?
Why did you put yourself at L-2?
How is voting yourself helping town?

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for April 22, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 1:
ChiboSempai: (0)
Gheb_01: Sworddancer. (:041:)
HeatStroke: Kataefi, SummonerAU, HeatStroke (:041: :041: :041:)
Kataefi: Mayling (:041:)
Mayling: (0)
Marc: (0)
SummonerAU: (0)
Sworddancer.: (0)
Vult Redux: (0)
Not Voting: ChiboSempai, Gheb_01, Marc, Vult Redux (:041: :041: :041: :041:)

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Gheb_01 still hasn't posted yet, probably because he thinks he is too good for us.

Heat and Gheb are obv. scum.

Summoner, why did you call for more votes on Heat if that would of put him on L-2?

Also I do not think I'm Scizor. . .

Purple

Hi guys!
And that's a serious question, give me one role that needs to die to win. Obviously you would say Jester. Now why would Jester want you to know he's Jester? WIFOM? Would Jester even be in such a small setup? Think about that for a moment, so unlikely it's almost funny.

To answer your question in a serious manner, i voted myself for humor, to make you voting for me seem light and humorous, after all we've only been in the RVS phase for about 25 posts, hell, some people haven't even posted that are in this setup. Why does me including myself in the random voting stage seem like something horribly extreme to you?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Why? To see who would and to how HeatStroke reacted to being at L-2. I don't want to be in RVS any longer than we have to.

Self voting doesn't help anyone, if you RV at least you might accidentally vote a scum and they might do soemthing silly (note I say might), self voting doesn't help anyone at all. If anything, it's anti town if you're town because you're voting someone you know is confirmed town (assuming you are town). If you're scum, it's also a "WHY WOULD SCUM SELF VOTE XDXDXD" situation.

tl;dr very very bad joke (if it was a joke)

Top Bottom