• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nice Point Mafia Day 6 (5/8 to Lynch, Deadline: Saturday the 19th at Midnight)

Ronike

Smash Ace

Welcome to Dragon Ball Z Mafia! Let's get straight into it with the rules, shall we? Note that even if you are highly familiar with the game of mafia, you are expected to read the game specific rules as there are some strange mechanics.

Rules:

This game is moderated by me, Ronike, as well as co-modded by both Tom and Xiivi. We are your gods in this game, and we expect to be treated as such god dammit. We reserve the right to add rules to the following list if necessary.

Fundamental:
9001. Have fun, and do not ruin the fun for others.
9002. The mods are always right.
9003. If we appear to be wrong, we are merely testing you. Please inform us of your awareness of the test by posting in bold separate from your post. You may be rewarded with cookies*
9004. Unless your role states otherwise, no communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread.
9005. No quoting mod PMs, or faking a quoted mod PM (including pictures). Not even partial quoting.
9006. You are allowed to quote mod PMs privately to any member that you are allowed to communicate with outside this thread.
9007. Editing your posts is not allowed under any circumstances. Leave the typo sand mispeelings aolne.

Voting and Lynching:
9001. All votes must be bolded (Vote: Tom) Please separate votes from the rest of your paragraphs as this makes my life easier.
9002. When changing your vote, you must unvote your previous vote before you revote. (Unvote Vote: M3D).
9003. A lynch will occur when a majority has been reached.
9004. You may vote for a 'no lynch' if desired. If a majority of the players in the game vote for to no lynch, the day will end without a lynch.
9005. If a lynch occurs, then the game enters ‘twilight,' where all alive players are allowed to freely converse (but not allowed to cast any votes) until I post a death scene.
9006. Once you are dead, you are allowed to make one final "bah go town/scum!" post, but nothing of substance.

Activity and Deadline:
9001 a) This game will enforce a strict deadline of 10 days per Day phase, with extensions if necessary (i.e: late replacement, crashboards, and anything else I deem requiring of an extension).
9001. b) There will be no extensions for suspected or actual MYLO or LYLO.
9001. c) Players may vote for a day extension by using the command Request: Deadline Extension. If there is a majority of these votes, a 72+ hour extension will be given. This extension will only be given once.
9002. Night will last 72 hours with no extensions. Failure to send in a night action will result in doing nothing, not even training or searching. If a player does not send in a night action two nights in a row, a harsher punishment will be dealt. You have been warned.
9003. If deadline hits without a lynch, there will be no lynch.
9004. Treat this game as a commitment. I promise to check on/update the game at least once every other day, every day when possible, so I expect you to post once every 72 hours. Failure to do so will result in a prod. 3 prods will result in replacement if possible or modkill if not possible. After the 3rd day, 3 prods will be punished with a modkill.
9005. If a player does not post within 24 hours of receiving a prod, they will be issued another prod.
9006. If you are unable to participate for a period longer than 72 hours, please I/PM me or post in thread.

About your Host
9001. I find games where there are strange roles and/or weird roles to be far more enjoyable than straight up "1 cop, 1 doc, 2 mafia and a gf" games. Therefore, expect to see new roles and/or lots of them.
9002. When I host, I plan to try something new with every game. Sometimes I will tell you what this thing is, sometimes I won't.

Game Specific Rules:
9001. At night, everyone may choose to either train or search for a dragonball. Training may give a permanent boost to ones power, or provide a new power, but you aren't told when you have reached your maximum level and it may sometimes take several nights to level up.

9002. If one person collects all 7 dragonballs, they get one wish (off a list predetermined to avoid complete and total breakage). That wish will still be very gamebreaking, from bringing a player back, to granting an extra power (including night immunity), to bringing an extra player into the game. You want to get all 7 dragonballs.

9003. The person directly responsible for killing gets the deceased's dragonball/s. That means the hammerer or night killer.

9004. Dragonballs may also be publically traded by posting the command Give Dragonballs to playername, or some variation therein. You may give any amount of dragonballs.

9005. If you can communicate privately with someone, you may trade dragonballs by PMing me the same command during the day only.

9006. Post something related to dragonball z when you make a post confirming you have received and understand your role pm.

9007. You cannot trade dragonballs once you have been lynched, this includes during twilight.

Added Rules:
9001. If you don't have any dragonballs, you may not post the action Give dragonballs to Playername or any variation therein.
9002. Trading action worded slightly different.

Disclaimers:
*Likely will not be rewarded with cookies.

Signups:
1. xonar
2. Jungle
3. rockin
4. clownbot
5. kataefi
6. the paprika killer
7. nicholas1024
8. swordsrbroken
9. mentosman8
10. meta-kirby
11. super smash bros. fan
12. overswarm
13. sold2
14. hilt
15. cello_marl

Replacements:
1. Gheb
2. Ermac

Deceased:
D1.
The Paprika Killer (VVVVV guy), Chaotzu Town Vanilla

D2.
Overswarm, Babidi Mafia Yakuza
Xonar, Bulma Town Scouter

Milestones:
Day 1 Start
Day 1 End

I have changed some posts in this thread to use in another game. They are generally just vote counts and other random posts. If you feel you need this info as you are reading through the game, feel free to contact me and I will try to answer your questions

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Dragon, dragon! Rock the dragon!

I'm ready for this. /confirm

D

Deleted member

/confirm

IT'S OVER 9000!

OK that was unoriginal, this is something I remember (This quote came from Dragonball Z Budokai for the Playstation 2 and Nintendo Gamecube):

TIME TO DIIIEEEE! (By Cell).

D

Deleted member

BTW, this is the Mafia game where I will put most of my efforts in. I'll try to make at least two posts a day that actually contribute to the game. More so if needed.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I understand my role.

I'd like to win this game, so please... let's kill inactives. I don't want another KirbyYoshi scenario if I'm on the wrong end of it.

The dragon ball thing is gonna be.... craaaazy.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
\confirm

@mod
What happens if someone self-hammers? Then where do the dragonballs go?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm in your threads and profiles

Lookin' up yer strats

Meta research go

There are a lot of long names in this game. Voting is going to be a pain, lol

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Are we allowed to quote the rules from the original post? It'd technically be a mod quote.

Ronike

Smash Ace
If you self-hammer, I'll be terribly pissed off, especially if you do so without passing along your ballz, but if it happens for some reason, then they just drop to the ground I suppose and people have to find them at night again.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you self-hammer, I'll be terribly pissed off, especially if you do so without passing along your ballz, but if it happens for some reason, then they just drop to the ground I suppose and people have to find them at night again.
Note to self: Self-hammer

Self-hammering sounds like a good strategy to me if you're town and believe that mafia can hammer you. I just hope we don't have an executioner.

Are there ONLY 7 dragonballs? Like if all 15 of us at night said "search for dragon balls", would only 7 be found and then people would have to hammer to get them?

Ronike

Smash Ace
This is the reason why you are allowed to trade, so that you can pass your dragonballs to someone you think is alligned with you before you die.

Yes there are only 7 dragonballs, and if all 7 are found, then you have to hammer, kill, or convince people to trade them to you to collect them all. It's not supposed to be easy, that's why you get a gamebreaker for getting them all.

As for what would happen if everyone tried to search at once, I can't tell you that, it'd ruin the fun :)

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Confirming receiving and understanding roleing pming.

Gokuu needs to stop voice acting like a girl.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
You're the second person to ask me that...

But, no, I am not.

Offhand, I'd guess Cirno is Vi, but that's entirely baseless speculation.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Ack, missed the confirmation rule. So...

IT's OVER 9001!!!!

Just to one-up everyobdy else. :p

\confirm

D

Deleted member

Yeah I agree. Over 9000 is way overused, but I still find it fun.

How about, FINAL FLASH as a new DBZ fad?

Anyway, might as well get some random questions out of the way so people don't go all over me for it now:

1. What was your first Mafia game?
2. Why did you start playing Mafia games?
3. Are you part of other sites? If so, give out username and what sites you're in.
4. How would you describe your playstyle?
5. Have you've ever done RQS? If not, do you want to experience one? If so, give your opinion on it.
6. Is this your first theme game?

I'll answer them.

1. My first Mafia game is one that is ongoing. My 2nd Mafia game was Newbie Mafia 5. That game went a lot smoother then my first one and I enjoyed that one a lot more.

2. I thought the concept was intriguing and so much fun. I decided to experiment with it. Within a few days, I was hooked. I've even joined Mafiascum due to my addictiveness to the game. However, I am planning to reduce the amount of Mafia games I'm in to 2-4 due to me wanting to spend more times with video games, getting a life (Not much going on now), and mainly because a job is coming up and it will most likely cut into my free time during the day. I will never abandon Mafia for now, thought.

3. I am part of Mafiascum under the same name. Under Gaia Online, I'm under MarioLuigi1983. Now you may say it's pointless to say that, but there is an guild named Mafia Maniacs, a guild dedicated to Mafia games. They play Mafia in an noticeable different way, especially since most of the Mafia games are like one day and I tend to enjoy it less because it makes it way too easy for me to lurk through and win. On the first game I've played in there, I only made one post per day for the first three days and made no posts on the final day. I was scum and I won. I am trying to introduce this kind of concept into the site, thought and is attempting to mod a game there.

4. As an relatively inexperienced player (Don't treat me like one in here, I'll feel embarrassed), I can't say I have a solid playstyle yet. However, I am trying to develop one. For example, I'm not going to be making like ten posts a day in a game, but I will try to be active (At least two posts a day with contents). I'm also shooting for an balance between a catious and a aggressive player. I don't want to back off at every circumstances when I could take risks, but I also want to be careful with what I say.

5. I have done RQS successfully once in Mafiascum. I tried applying it in another Mafia game here, but I got backlashes for that. I was thinking of bringing the concept here, but Xiivi explained that it wouldn't be an good idea, so that's why I'm moving the random questions to here.

6. Yes it is and I'm ready to rumble!

Note these things:
- Do not use this as evidence. This is done in the confirmatoin state as I speak. This is only for us to know a liitle more about each other, that's it.
- You do not have to answer these questions, but it would be nice if you would take the time.
- If you are reading this and the game has already started, do not respond to this. You must do this before the game starts.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
- You do not have to answer these questions
Sweet! Crisis averted.

- If you are reading this and the game has already started, do not respond to this. You must do this before the game starts.
You don't tell me what to do!

*waits patiently*

But yeah, peopel can just read TMNT mafia if they want to see more about me. I gave a play by play of how I played that game, and now you'll see something decidedly different so that won't really help you that much. >_>

Just look up people on yer own, kiddo.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
3. Are you part of other sites? If so, give out username and what sites you're in.
5. Have you've ever done RQS? If not, do you want to experience one? If so, give your opinion on it.
lol SSBF. I'll do it.

1. KY1 on AIB. You'll probably never find this game.
2. Hilt told me to.
3. AIB. Soldier 2.
4. I roll dice and flip a bunch of coins and they do good things. Hilt/Cello can confirm this if you don't believe it.
5. No. No.
6. No.

Ronike

Smash Ace
FE Mafia
Found it while it was in forum games and thought it was interesting (play was a lot different then)
**** no.
I pay some deities that would rather remain unnamed and they tell me who is mafia. However, I'm always cursed to lose because of this.
**** no, **** no, **** no.
Its the first time I've hosted one.

Hope that helps

D

Deleted member

@Sold2 and Ronike: Thank you very much. It's nice to know a little more about both of your Mafia experiences.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Ronike said:
Found it while it was in forum games and thought it was interesting (play was a lot different then)
Does this mean you don't think play is interesting nowadays? :(

D

Deleted member

@Cello Marl: Cello, I'm interested. I heard you were part of Mafiascum. If so, what is your username? That is all.

M.K

Level 55
Scum Wars Mafia.
I've always stumbled into the Decisive Games board and didn't know what the **** was going on, so I decided to research Mafia and play.
Not really concerning Mafia, however I'm Meta-Kirby on AiB, Lishus13 on SerebiiForums, and MetaKirbyPBR on Youtube.
I don't know, nobody has told me anything about it. I play in the moment. o.O
No, but I've observed it happening in a different game and I think it's less effective than RVS. It's just a bunch of logistical info.
Nope.

Chill, I just fixed the colors. Tags messed up.

Top Bottom