• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayling Family Mafia (Mayfia) - Who successfully escaped the Shadow Realm?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Hello & welcome to Mayling Family Mafia (Mayfia)!

[collapse=Rule Set]Rules:
1) Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others! (This includes personal attacks!)
¤You will receive a non-negotiable warning for your first offense and immediate forced replacement upon second offense.
2) The game mod is the game god. However, if you feel the game god happens to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out!
3) Editing your posts is not allowed, and multi-posting is instead encouraged in its place. Any and all edits will be reversed!
4) If you are allowed to communicate with another player outside of this thread, then please follow the communication instructions within your role PM!
¤You will receive a warning for your first offense and immediate modkill upon second offense.
5) Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Moderator unless your role PM explicitly states you can (in which case follow the instructions in your role PM). You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words!
¤You will receive an immediate modkill upon this offense.
6) Once all role PMs have been sent, please confirm by quoting your role PM back to me along with your favourite three rules. Please do not post in-thread as confirmation. This thread will be unlocked once all players have confirmed.
7) All votes must follow the format of "Vote: NAME".
8) You are not required to unvote, however if you do, then please use the format of "Unvote:".
9) No Lynch is a valid vote target.
10) A lynch will occur when a majority of votes has been reached.
11) If a majority has not been reached, then No Lynch is forced as the lynch target.
12) A) Deadline for the Day Phase will equal a time of ten days.
12) B) Deadline for the Night Phase will equal a time of two days.
13) During any day phase a player may perform the command "Request: Deadline Extension". The deadline will be extended by 5 days if a majority of players perform this command. This can only be done once over the course of the game and the deadline will not be extended for any other reason.
15) Twilight Phase will occur between Day Phase and Night Phase for a period of twenty-four hours. All living players including those about to be lynched will be allowed to communicate in thread until a death scene is posted.
16) After your death you are allowed to select one of the following as a final remark:
"I believe in the heart of the cards!"
"You will soon be joining me in the shadow realm!"
17) A) You are expected to maintain a healthy level of activity in this game. If you have pre-planned absence, then please notify the game mod ahead of time and you will not be prodded. However if your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
17) B) You will receive a prod every seventy-two hour period you do not post without note of V/LA
17) C) If you go for a period of seven days without posting or acknowledging prods, you will be replaced or modkilled at the moderators discretion.
17) D) The seven day grace period will be shortened by one day, to a minimum of three days, for every two prods you receive.
18) Failure to adhere to rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
19) Please avoid using HTML and coloured font in your posts. All colours used in this post are strictly forbidden for use as they are the colours the game moderator will be using.
20) You may ask questions to the game moderator using the command: "@Mod: ___".
21) Please do not post in code, hidden text, or languages other than English.
22) You may not post screenshots [print screens] or anything resembling a screenshot [print screen]. These will be edited out by the Game Moderator immediately.
¤This offense will result in a warning or possible immediate modkill on a case to case basis.
23) Hydras may freely quote text logs of conversations, after all it's only the playerslot talking to itself. Sadly, hydras are not allowed to play in this game.
24) You may not quote logs of communication with other players if your role PM allows you to communicate with other players outside of this thread. You are free to paraphrase.
¤This offense will result in an immediate modkill.
25) You are allowed to claim anti-town. However you are not allowed to claim anti-town and that another player is anti-town with you (either explicitly or implicitly).
¤This will result in an automatic loss for your faction and your name added to a blacklist for any game I host.
26) If you have an issue with any of these rules you may privately appeal for a rule's removal via PM.
27) You may privately notify me via PM if you feel another player has violated any rule.
28) As this is a private game, it is expected that you are able to commit to your other games which were run normally through the queue. You must replace out of this game before replacing out of any other on-going games. This is a private game and is lower priority than any other games you are playing. If you need to cut down your games, this must be the first to go. If you replace out of another game without replacing out of this one first, you will be force-replaced out of this game.
29) Upon your death you will be given access to a Shadow Realm QuickTopic where you may communicate privately with other deceased players.
30) Any and all technical data (including PM ID#, Time Sent, etc...) is considering private information and cannot be quoted or referenced.
¤This offense will result in an immediate modkill.
31) I am aware that many of you are related and/or close friends in real life. Please do not start any personal arguments and keep everything inside the scope of the game.
32) Please respect that I had not planned on hosting another private game for a while, however I had promised this for all of you and I am keeping that promise. I have taken the liberty of moving myself to end of each queue in order to account for this game. Please make your effort to play the game; I have given lenient activity rules to accommodate for any periods of busyness you encounter and am fully fine with you requesting V/LA when needed. I want you all to enjoy this game! <3[/collapse]

[collapse=Players & Lists]Living Player List:
1. Cello_Marl
2. Clownbot
3. Delvro
4. hidajiremi
5. Mayling
6. McFox
7. Mister Eric
8. Roxy
9. soaring-raptor-blast
10. Sold2
11. Tandora
12. vanderzant

Dead Player List:
None.

Replacement Pool:
None
[Please PM me if you would like to serve as a replacement.]

Important Posts:
None.[/collapse]

[collapse=Set-Up]This is a Closed Set-up for 12 Players with all roles randomly assigned both player-wise and flavour-wise.
I confirm the absence of the following Independent Roles in this set-up:
Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Siblings, Survivor
I do not confirm the presence or absence of all other Independent Roles.
I confirm there is a Town faction and there is at least one Mafiosi faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafiosi factions.
I do not confirm the presence or absence of alignment-altering roles.
I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate.
I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.

Here is a sample PM:

[collapse=Example]

You are Solomon Muto, owner of the Kame Game shop! Many years ago in an expedition to the Valley of the Kings, you unearthed the Millennium Puzzle. However now you must take a stand to protect the heart of the cards!

Role: Vanilla Townie
Abilities: Your only abilities are your voice and vote; now's the time to make them count!
Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.
[/collapse]

[/collapse]

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Begins & Confirmation Ends!

[collapse=Introduction]A cold, rainy day at Domino High; a group of duelists gather after-hours to pass the time. How are they going to pass the time? Through some friendly play of a children's card game! The group pairs off into groups and play one against one. Eventually the larger group of twelve players break into larger groups for tag-team dueling. The rain outside continues to pour relentlessly, and sounds of thunder can be heard approaching ever closer. As the duels are beginning to wrap up, a flash bolt of lightning strikes the nearby power generator to the school. The group is stuck in total darkness and attempts to look outside into the city for lighting. However it soon becomes apparent that the entire city has lost power. The group is trapped in complete darkness, unable to recognize one another. Without warning, a rift is opened connecting the room to the shadow realm. It seems some of the duelists have decided to take advantage of the situation and abandon the heart of the cards for trickery. However no one is able to tell one another apart and no one is to be trusted, even if they are who they say they are. Now the group must face one another in a blind duel to end all duels here in the shadow realm. Who will emerge victorious?[/collapse]

Deadline has been set for May 31, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 7/12 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 0:
Cello_Marl: (0)
Clownbot: (0)
Delvro: (0)
hidajiremi: (0)
Mayling: (0)
McFox: (0)
Mister Eric: (0)
Roxy: (0)
soaring-raptor-blast: (0)
Sold2: (0)
Tandora: (0)
vanderzant.: (0)
Not Voting: Cello_Marl, Clownbot, Delvro, hidajiremi, Mayling, McFox, Mister Eric, Roxy, soaring-raptor-blast, Sold2, Tandora, vanderzant (
)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Hey all. Vote Clownbot

Calling it right now. Clownbot, Roxy, Vanderzant are the mafia because they're the minority; they have nothing to do with the Mayling Family.

do I win?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Think I have more to do with Mayling then *glances at Player List* Hida.

Vote Hida

FoS Sold

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
No Clownbot, you really don't. Everyone here is a KY player, except for yourself, Roxy, vanderzant and McFox. But McFox and May have hydra'd before, and I think Mayling's actually visited McFox IRL too. McFox is probably miller.

pretty sure I'm onto something.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
The only one Mayling hasn't played a game with and isn't related to is Vand though, right?

So yeah. Vand wagon. Go. :|

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cello_Marl: My best biggest littlest brother!!
Clownbot: Some dude I was scum with!!
Delvro: My best friend from high school!! I <3 you!!
hidajiremi: My best (and only) brother in law!!
Mayling: Who??!
McFox: My boyfriend, he's the most best current boyfriend I got!!!
Mister Eric: My best beepo!!! He's my carride to tournies!! I beep you!!
Roxy: Hello!!
soaring-raptor-blast: My best country boy in the whole wide world!!!
Sold2: My best crew mate, we gonna run this ****, right weather grrl?? Mmmhmm!!
Tandora: My best biggest sister!!! I've known her all my life!!
vanderzant.: Hello!!

So it's true, there's only three people on this list that we/I don't know irl. I felt mentioning this is a good thing so when I claim one-shot daycop on Delvro d1 people know I'm srs business!! (Actually, Mister Eric claims to have used this sort of knowledge to help him win Newbie 3, and that's why I'm mentioning this list.)

I'll be able to tell if McFox is scum/town at the end of d1, too.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Howdy yall, well bully for us we're all above snakes round these parts. By Gum, if I could find mah flashlight I reckon I'd know all yer faces, but for now we oughta jus fort in. Looks like sum bad eggs are all-standing among the willows while we were fetchin up... nothin to be afeared of, we jus amputate the timber one by one till they 'er dead as a door nail.

If anyone gots a bee in their bonnet, give a holler. Jus don't be fixin no flack, ya hear?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Don't even mention Newbie 3 ._.

What's this "we" business? You've buddied pretty much everyone in the game already. Just because your name is in the title does not mean you are automatically town. I'm starting to think I was wrong previously, and that the mafia is, quite literally "Mayling Family Mafia." You were doomed to fail from the start, the title gives it away!

Unvote. Vote Mayling

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't even mention Newbie 3 ._.

What's this "we" business? You've buddied pretty much everyone in the game already. Just because your name is in the title does not mean you are automatically town. I'm starting to think I was wrong previously, and that the mafia is, quite literally "Mayling Family Mafia." You were doomed to fail from the start, the title gives it away!

Unvote. Vote Mayling
How much of this is serious, because if any of it is, I need to question it.

Huh.

FoS Delvro
Why?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
You know, normally I wouldn't say this, but I'm curious.

I was being entirely serious.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
You know, normally I wouldn't say this, but I'm curious.

I was being entirely serious.
I don't think you were actually serious, but I'll humor you.

Saying that "The Mayling Family" is mafia means you think there is four mafia members.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Only you, Tanny, and Cello would be "The Mayling Family." Hida is only in-law, so he'd be the miller.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
McFox was Miller assuming that the scum were you, vanderzant, and Roxy. So you think he's miller. This means you admit to being scum?

Hida is miller in the "Mayling Family Mafia" scenario.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Oh, I wasn't aware Miller changed under different scenarios. Of course, there's only one scenario. So which is it?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Coin flip is telling me it's the "Mayling Family Mafia" scenario.

Why are you leeching off me and not thinking of your own opinions?

Purple

Hi guys!
I was told not to do this before, but I think i'll do it anyway for the lulz

vote: roxy
trolls too much

:3.

Sup peeps. I don't know any of you people except for Mayling from a Private game T_T

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Heatstroke said:
Sup peeps. I don't know any of you people except for Mayling from a Private game T_T
T_T

T____________________________T

Stump yourself.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Vote SRB cause he's a "*****"

lol

I'm going to be not able to play tomorrow due to a tourney.
Nothing too random while i'm gone!

nightnight<3

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Oh boy. I'll just start off by saying to Cello: sorry for Werewolves. This game won't be such srs business, promise.

Vote: Roxy

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
McFox said:
Oh boy. I'll just start off by saying to Cello: sorry for Werewolves. This game won't be such srs business, promise.
I feel like I should be the one to apologize. I reread a little of Miller's, and I was a douchebag. I'm sorry.

Vote: Cello

I deserve this.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Roxy said:
Did you know you're going to be an IC for NM 7?
Holy crap, I am?! When was that decided? Who's even modding that game? Shouldn't I just be an SE?

Purple

Hi guys!
I'm modding that game, i'm pretty experienced at modding, but i'm not sure how smashboards wants me to post it up >_<

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was told not to do this before, but I think i'll do it anyway for the lulz

vote: roxy
trolls too much

:3.

I hate it when people do this. Whoever told you not to do that was right!

I feel like I should be the one to apologize. I reread a little of Miller's, and I was a douchebag. I'm sorry.

Vote: Cello

I deserve this.

you did it too

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Roxy doesn't remember me from Unintended Consequences either ._.
I was the guy who really didn't do much at all in there, c'mon.

I love how a Clownboat wagon seems to be kinda forming from just random votes.

Top Bottom