• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MXC Mafia! End of Game! ~Meat Handlers and Cartoon Voice Actors Win!~

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
This will be the thread for MXC Mafia. I am currently finishing up the final process of readying the role PMs and such to go out, but that's besides the point.

Important:

Role PMs will go out at 1pm EST on June 28th, and the confirmation stage will start then.
(this is an update from the old time of 11pm on June 27th)

Welcome to MXC Mafia!

This week's episode will feature the Meat Handlers vs the Cartoon Voice Actors!

[collapse=Rules]
~Standard Mafia Rules~

Rules I can think of off the top of my mind:

1. I'm the game mod. Do what I say. Also do what Xiivi says, he's the mafia god.

2. I might change rules. If I do then I'll post about it.

3. You do not have to unvote to vote again.

4. No quoting mod PMs and stuff in the thread.

5. Do not talk to people outside of the game unless you are allowed to. You can use any method of typographical information, but make sure to paste all logs into the quicktopic.

6. Deadlines are approximately 10 days for a day, and 2 days for a night.

7. The way players can post after they are killed is different than normal games. It is not just a "go town" or "go scum" post. Read the Game Mechanics section for more details.

8. The vote count will reset after a Elimination Challenge if a player is eliminated. The day can end by elimination vote if a maximum is reached before the day challenge happens.

9. You will receive one prod for not posting in a 48 hour period. Accumulate three prods and you will be eliminated!

10. No editing your posts - even ninja edits!

11. The modkill of a team aligned player ends the day.

12. Only screenshots of public information (that anyone could have seen) are allowed. Private information in screenshot form is strictly forbidden.

13. You have 12 hours to submit an interview post when asked.

14. Night actions will more or less follow Natural Action Resolution, as described here.

15. If there is no majority when the time limit is reached for the day the person with the most votes is lynched. If two or more people are tied, it will be whoever reached that vote amount first.

16. If someone is eliminated via activity prodding, all other players in the game will have one prod deducted from them.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Game Mechanics]
The game has three factions in it, but no player is an independant.

There are two "town" factions who are in a sense competing against each other, and a third "mafia" faction. The team's role PMs are revealed in this OP, the mafia one's arent. The teams do not know who is on each team, except that a couple of them start in a mason to know who their teammates are, and can recruit more. For more details see the role PMs section.

Each day players will vote for each other like standard mafia games. But remember the setup... How will you vote?

About halfway through each day will be an Elimination Challenge! These events introduce some different gameplay, not normally seen in Mafia. Think of them as mini games, and the losers are eliminated from the game! These elimination challenges will take out on average 1 player, but some may eliminate more. The game mod will post the elimination challenges along with rules and such when the time comes.

When a player is eliminated they are allowed one final post before they can no longer speak for the rest of the game. You are allowed one final post that can be no more than 100 words to say to the game. This final post can contain anything that you would normally be able to say during the game, so pretty much just no quoting mod PMs and the sort.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Role PMs]
Here are the role PMs that the team members will receive.
The amount of each role is unknown. Both teams have the same amount of team members, and the same power roles.

[collapse=Team Leader]
MXC Mafia said:

Welcome to MXC Mafia _____!
You are a Team Leader on the _________ Team! You're the head of the pack, ready to bring your team to victory in this game! You know that the Team Sub-Leader _____ is on your side with you, but you don't know who else is! Find the rest of your teammates!

Traits:
-When you are eliminated the Sub-Leader on your team will be granted the power to invite players to your mason. He or she will be notified of this if and when it happens.

Night Actions:
Recruit: Choose one player to be recognized as a teammate. If the chosen player is part of your team, they are allowed access to the mason. If the chosen player is not part of their team, nothing happens. If someone new is invited into the mason, their role name changes to have the prefix "Team" added to it. They will be given the link to the quicktopic when this happens. Use this power by PM'ing the game mod with the following command: Recruit: Player.

You may communicate with the Sub-Leader and any other members in your mason outside of the game thread. You may do so by any means, but make sure to post all logs in the following quicktopic:
___
[/collapse]

[collapse=Team Sub-Leader]
MXC Mafia said:

You are a Team Sub-Leader on the _________ Team! You're second-in-command, ready to bring your team to victory in this game! You know that the Team Leader _____ is on your side with you, but you don't know who else is! Find the rest of your teammates!

Traits:
-When the Team Leader is eliminated, you are able to use your night action. You will be notified of this if and when it happens.

Night Actions:
*This night action is not valid yet, please read the above trait for more information*
Recruit: Choose one player to be recognized as a teammate. If the chosen player is part of your team, they are allowed access to the mason. If the chosen player is not part of their team, nothing happens. If someone new is invited into the mason, their role name changes to have the prefix "Team" added to it. They will be given the link to the quicktopic when this happens. Use this power by PM'ing the game mod with the following command: Recruit: Player.

You may communicate with the Sub-Leader and any other members in your mason outside of the game thread. You may do so by any means, but make sure to post all logs in the following quicktopic:
___
[/collapse]

[collapse=Interrupter]
MXC Mafia said:

You are a Interrupter on the _________ Team! You are what's known as a Roleblocker in mafia games, ready to stop the opponents from getting the advantage!

Night Actions:
Interrupt: Choose one player and during this night phase that player can not carry out their night action. Use this power by PM'ing the game mod the command: Interrupt: Player.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Protector]
MXC Mafia said:

You are a Protector on the _________ Team! You are what's known as a Doctor in mafia games, ready to protect your fellow teammates from elimination!

Night Actions:
Protect: Choose one player and during this night phase that player can not be eliminated. Furthermore, the same player can not be eliminated by the Elimination Challenge during the next day. They are not notified of being targeted by this power. You can not protect yourself. Use this power by PM'ing the game mod the command: Protect: Player.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Contestant]
MXC Mafia said:

You are a Contestant on the _________ Team! You are what's known as a Vanilla Townie in mafia games, ready to take on each elimination head first and win the game for your team!
[/collapse]

Win Condition for all team players:
You and your team wins when the "mafia" faction is eliminated and your team outnumbers the other team.

Win Condition for all "mafia" players:
You and your faction win when you are equal or outnumber the combined total of all team players.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Players and Information]

Alive:
(* = prod)

1. SummonerAU* Dark_ermac**
  2. Gheb_01
  3. Praxis** The Paprika Killer**]

Eliminated Players:

1. tandora Contestant on the Meat Handlers Team by Elimination Challenge 1
  2. vanderzant Contestant on the Meat Handlers Team by Elimination Challenge 1
  3. mph Deku Team Leader on the Meat Handlers Team by Elimination Challenge 1
  4. swordsrbroken Team Sub-Leader on the Meat Handlers Team by Elimination Challenge 1
  5. Kirbyoshi aka Vic Romano, the MXC Host Play-by-play Commentator by Day 1 Elimination Vote
  6. Clownbot Contestant on the Cartoon Voice Actors Team by Night Elimination 1
  7. Chacotaco Protector on the Cartoon Voice Actors Team by Elimination Challenge 2
  8. Super Smash Bros. Fan Contestant on the Cartoon Voice Actors Team by Day 2 Elimination Vote
  9. Xonar Protector on the Meat Handlers Team by Elimination Challenge 3
  10. Meta-Kirby Contestant on the Meat Handlers Team by Day 3 Elimination Vote
  11. Adumbrodeus Team Interrupter on the Cartoon Voice Actors Team by Night Elimination 3
  12. Overswarm aka Guy LeDouche, the MXC Host Interviewer by Day 4 Elimination Vote
  13. Sir Bedevere Team Leader on the Cartoon Voice Actors Team by Night Elimination 4
  14. Sworddancer. Contestant on the Meat Handlers Team by Day 5 Elimination Vote
  15. thedocsalive Team Sub-Leader on the Cartoon Voice Actors Team by Night Elimination 5
  16. Frozenflame751 aka Captain Tenneal, the MXC Host Challenge Captain by Day 6 Elimination Vote
  17. Riddle Contestant on the Cartoon Voice Actors Team by Day 7 Elimination Vote
  18. Praxis aka Kenny Blankenship, the MXC Host Color-Commentator by Day 8 Elimination Vote

Replacements:

-None

Player Links:

-Xonar
-Meta-Kirby
-kirbyoshi
-Dark_Ermac
-Sworddancer.
-Sir Bedevere
-Super Smash Bros. Fan
-Clownbot
-Frozenflame751
-Gheb_01
-Adumbrodeus
-Chacotaco
-The Paprika Killer
-Overswarm
-Brave Little Toaster
-Thedocsalive
-Riddle
-Praxis

Alive Player Links:

-Gheb_01
-SummonerAU

Important Posts:
-Confirmation Stage + Elimination Challenge 1
-Results from Elimination Challenge 1, Day 1 Begins!
-Day 1 Ends
-Day 1 Lynch Elimination
-Day 2 Begins
-Day 2 Ends
-Day 3 Begins
-Day 3 Elimination Challenge
-[URL="http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10837654&postcount=643"]Day 3 Ends
[/URL]
-Day 4 Begins
-Day 4 Ends
-Day 5 Begins
-Day 5 Ends
-Day 6 Begins
-Day 6 Ends
-Day 7 Begins
-Day 7 Ends
-Day 8 Begins
-Day 8 Ends

[/collapse]

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Confirmation Stage aaaanddd... Elimination Challenge 1!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sdlMPh48Pao&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sdlMPh48Pao&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Welcome to Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia everyone!

By now all role PMs have been sent, and as you saw in the video above, it's time to start the game!

However, the first day is different... Captain Tenneal doesn't like there to be so many players starting off in this game, so it's time to mix things up get some eliminations!

Elimination Challenge 1: Mass Elimination
Elimination Challenge 1 starts NOW!
For this challenge, simply reply to your role PM that was sent to you by the game mod saying something along the lines of you confirm and/or you understand all of the rules and your role PM.

Most elimination challenges will not eliminate this many people but this Mass Elimination challenge will eliminate FOUR players! Hurry and confirm as fast as you can, to make sure you aren't eliminated!

The thread will remain locked until the Elimination Challenge is completed.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5NoX7eSDqw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5NoX7eSDqw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

The results from Elimination Challenge 1 are in! The last 4 people to confirm have been eliminated!

Tandora, Contestant on the Meat Handlers Team, has been eliminated!

Vanderzant, Contestant on the Meat Handlers Team, has been eliminated!

MPH Deku, Team Leader on the Meat Handlers Team, has been eliminated!

Swordsrbroken, Team Sub-Leader on the Meat Handlers Team, has been eliminated!

All four players are allowed to sign up as replacements, they may do so by requesting it in a PM to me.
Also, all four players are allowed to make one final "interview" post, and that is it! It can be no more than 100 words, and must be made within about 12 hours of this post. The deadline for these four interview posts is 10:00AM EST on July 29th.

Oh no, what a terrible turn of events everyone! All four of the eliminated players were from the Meat Handlers team, and they lost both their Team Leader and Team Sub-Leader!

Well lets get away from the bad news and continue on with the game!

Day 1 Begins!

The deadline is set for 9:00pm EST on July 8th.
16 players are alive and it takes 9 to lynch!
The elimination challenge for today has passed, and there will not be another.

Vote Count:

• Xonar: (0)
  • Meta-Kirby: (0)
  • kirbyoshi: (0)
  • Dark_ermac: (0)
  • Sworddancer.: (0)
  • Sir Bedevere: (0)
  • Super Smash Bros. Fan: (0)
  • Clownbot: (0)
  • Frozenflame751: (0)
  • Gheb_01: (0)
  • Adumbrodeus: (0)
  • Chacotaco: (0)
  • The Paprika Killer: (0)
  • Overswarm: (0)
  • Brave Little Toaster: (0)
  • Thedocsalive: (0)
  • Not Voting: (16) Xonar, Meta-Kirby, kirbyoshi, Dark_ermac, Sworddancer., Sir Bedevere, Super Smash Bros. Fan, Clownbot, Frozenflame751, Gheb_01, Adumbrodeus, Chacotaco, The Paprika Killer, Overswarm, Brave Little Toaster, Thedocsalive

Get it on!

D

Deleted member

Vote: thedocsalive

We'll see how the person who brought Mafia over here live up to his name.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Vote Brave Little Toaster

Why oh why did you have to name your hydra that :|

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
****. 4 dead from one team?

That's really... uneven.

vote: no one

Quick! Let's set the record for the shortest RVS!

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Blah blah blah RVS blah blah blah blah blah unvote blah blah blah blah cards blah blah blah defense mode.

D

Deleted member

@Dark_Ermac: Why do you want to aim for the shortest RVS ever? I don't mind RVS ending pretty quickly, but trying to aim for a record seems like you want to force-end RVS.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I was hoping Xonar would die -.-

Tandy, why did you have to go so soon </3

Vote Xonar

:059:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Why would I die? I thought we'd finally do that European Alliance thing I've been asking for since my first game here.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I got Pap now :p

And everytime we came up with that idea you were scum >=(

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The deadline is set for 9:00pm EST on July 8th.
16 players are alive and it takes 9 to lynch!
The elimination challenge for today has passed, and there will not be another.

Vote Count:

• Xonar: (3) Sworddancer., The Paprika Killer, Gheb_01
  • Meta-Kirby: (0)
  • kirbyoshi: (0)
  • Dark_ermac: (1) Meta-Kirby
  • Sworddancer.: (0)
  • Sir Bedevere: (0)
  • Super Smash Bros. Fan: (0)
  • Clownbot: (1) Brave Little Toaster
  • Frozenflame751: (1) thedocsalive
  • Gheb_01: (0)
  • Adumbrodeus: (1) Chacotaco
  • Chacotaco: (0)
  • The Paprika Killer: (0)
  • Overswarm: (1) Sir Bedevere
  • Brave Little Toaster: (1) Clownbot
  • Thedocsalive: (2) Super Smash Bros. Fan, Adumbrodeus
  • No Lynch: (0)
  • Not Voting: (5) Xonar, kirbyoshi, Dark_ermac, Frozenflame751, Overswarm

Get it on!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Just so you guys know:

KIRBYYOSHI IS SCUM

vote KirbyYoshi

The rules for the challenge stated that if you didn't come and send a PM to Chibo, you'd die.

I watched KirbyYoshi's activity in particular (as well as a few others), and KirbyYoshi never was online for the challenge. You have to have sent a PM to survive.

So basically we have:

KirbyYoshi ????????????, STILL ALIVE

Tandora, Contestant on the Meat Handlers Team, has been eliminated!

Vanderzant, Contestant on the Meat Handlers Team, has been eliminated!

MPH Deku, Team Leader on the Meat Handlers Team, has been eliminated!

Swordsrbroken, Team Sub-Leader on the Meat Handlers Team, has been eliminated!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the third mafia faction can't lose challenges. This makes sense given the setup of the game, as we have two teams already shown in the video. Mafia is probably the two host guys and one of the other "staff" people in the video.

I'm confident KirbyYoshi is scum. There's no other logical explanation for him surviving the challenge but not getting online until AFTER the challenge was over. Game meta is huge for this game, and I'm no slouch at that stuff.

This would be the SECOND time KirbyYoshi's inactivity has cost him a game that I'm involved in. That amuses me.

I don't know if you guys want to hang around today prior to lynching KirbyYoshi or not, but there you go. That's my case, he's obviously scum, I want him gone today.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I just realized that there are SEVERAL ways to break this game in town's favour :)

Don't worry guys, it will be easy to figure out if somebody is scum or not^^

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I just realized that there are SEVERAL ways to break this game in town's favour :)

Don't worry guys, it will be easy to figure out if somebody is scum or not^^

Cool story, but no bite.

Just saying this plays a poor chord for me. I expect results from you, Gheb. Empty talk like this seems like a cover. Also noticed no vote for KirbyYoshi as well as no backing for the lack of vote, despite seemingly agreeing with my premise. Any particular reason for this?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Also, you guys should totally listen to the song I linked to while playing this game. I'm doing it right now and it is AWESOME.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's not empty talk, OS. There are several ways but that doesn't mean there are of use to us right now. Also, I never said I agree with your approach. Metagaming like that also lost us games in the past and I'd like to see things from Kirbyo before I decide to join. Additionally you don't even have any kind of back-up for your claims. We do not know if what you say about Kirbyo is actually true, right? Is there any way for us to double-check if you're not just bullshipping us?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, it's called a flip.

If you're looking for a screenshot or anything like that, I don't have it.

The only way KirbyYoshi could not be scum is if there is something in the rules that allows him to not send a PM during the last challenge and still survive. Only way. I'm extremely confident that he is scum for this reason.

Assuming my claims are 100% true: What issues do you have with them?

D

Deleted member

@Overswarm: When did you start checking for Kirbyoshi's activity during confirmation stage? Unless you appeared to check from 12 PM CST to 8:42 PM CST while refreshing every minute, you can't exactly tell if Kirbyoshi actually confirmed or not. I first saw this game in confirmation stage at 1:40 PM CST. I didn't see Kirbyoshi, but he probably confirmed earlier if he did. Maybe you didn't see him, but prehaps others did. I'll use this question to prove you right or wrong:

Did anyone see Kirbyoshi in Desicive Games during Confirmation Stage? If so, please answer this question.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
06-27-2010, 03:38 PM
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10615512&postcount=415

His last post before disappearing. The guy disappeared during that game too (which I'm also a part of).

In TMNT mafia I was scum and I just let him sit inactive until he hit the 20 day mark and the mod had to kill him. A hard win became an easy win due to his inactivity. In LotR mafia, he keeps coming and posting very little, then disappearing. I hate inactivity, and knew he would be, and knew I could catch him if he was scum (or he'd die. Win/win!), and....... I did!

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
I'm confident KirbyYoshi is scum. There's no other logical explanation for him surviving the challenge but not getting online until AFTER the challenge was over. Game meta is huge for this game, and I'm no slouch at that stuff.
Just to clarify: you looked at his user profile, checked when his last activity was before roles were sent out, and by the time the thread had been opened, his last activity was still the same? Or were you hanging out F5-ing in DG? Because if it's the latter, it's possible he just received the PM and confirmed, without even knowing about the challenge. Similarly, it's possible that he browses SWF in invisible mode (although you can correct me if I'm wrong and you/anyone have seen him in a specific sub-forum before). If it's the former, it's pretty solid, but I wish you would've taken a screenshot. <_<

I'm all for trying out a "game meta" lynch like this, especially on day one where there's usually not as much information to go on, but I just want to make sure it's right.

Top Bottom