• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia Redux! GAME OVER!

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer

Welcome to Bad Idea Mafia Redux, a private Dgame hosted by yours truly FrozenFlame751, and co-modded by Marshy!

Thanks to everyone who accepted their invitations to play! I love the concept of Bad Idea Mafia and I've put a lot of thought into perfecting the setup. Without your enthusiasm and commitment, I wouldn't be able to pursue my goal of perfecting this game! (Or at least, try to. =P)

Time to get down to the basics:

Basic Mechanics:

In Bad Idea Mafia (hereby known as BIM), there is NO VOTING WHATSOEVER. Yes, you heard me, no voting, which as a result, means NO LYNCHING. The only ways people will die in this game are by daykilling, and night killing. There are six roles in this game (which will be explained in greater detail later): Townie, Cop, Bomb, Tactician, Inheritor, and Godfather. Of these roles only the Townies and the Godfather may daykill any player by writing Daykill: <player> at any point during the day, as many times as they'd like throughout the game. Upon this power being evoked, the day will immediately go into twilight and then move on to night phase, during which the mafia will select a victim to kill and elect to use (or not use) their additional night abilities. The town cops will be able to elect to use their ability to investigate players during this phase as well. The game will then move on to day phase once again, and the cycle will repeat until the Town has eliminated all of the mafia, or the Mafia has reached numerical parity with the town that would logically eliminate the possibility of town victory.

Additional Rules:

- Thou shalt put no other mods before me, and therefore inactivity in this game is not excusable by activity in other games. If you have a dispute with me, you will let me know privately through PM or instant messaging. Sometimes I will make simple mistakes; if you believe this has happened, please address them in the thread in bold.

- As this is a private game, it is expected that you are able to commit to your other games which were run normally through the queue. You must replace out of this game before replacing out of any other on-going games. This is a private game and is lower priority than any other games you are playing. If you need to cut down your games, this must be the first to go. If you replace out of another game without replacing out of this one first, you will be force-replaced out of this game.

- Once you have died in the game, you are no longer allowed to make any more posts in the thread other than a simple "Bah, go town/scum!" post for any reason whatsoever unless you have replaced back into the game.

- Unless your role specifically states otherwise, you may not communicate privately with any player in this game, regarding this game, by any means other than this thread.

- The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. The use of any such text will result in the immediate modkill of the offender.

- The posting of screen shots of any kind is strictly prohibited and any offenders will be immediately modkilled.

- Daykills will only be treated as legitimate if they are posted on their own line with no surrounding text and follow this EXACT format: Daykill: <fullplayername>

- Modkills will be treated like daykills and will immediately end the day regardless of what faction suffers the casualty.

- As per the normal rules of mafia, there is no editing allowed for any reason whatsoever. Editing once will result in a warning. The second offense will result in a modkill.

- Falsification of the ability to daykill will result in an immediate modkill. Falsification of the ability to daykill includes posting a daykill in the formally sanctioned format detailed above if you are not a Townie, the Mafia Godfather, or the Mafia Inheritor having successfully inherited the role of the Mafia Godfather. It also includes any of the previously mentioned roles that would normally be capable of carrying out a daykill, attempting to do so during the respective player's cooldown period (see cooldowns below). Do take caution not to break this rule because there will be NO EXCEPTIONS made.

Deadlines and Prodding:

This game will not have any preset deadlines. I as the moderator will impose/extend/remove deadlines as I see fit based on the game's activity. However, as a result of the very nature of this game, I can't really see this being an issue.

This game will have a Twilight Phase. Twilight Phase will officially begin after the first properly formatted daykill command is posted. If the daykill is legitimate, the targeted player will die, and if the daykill was a falsification, the shooter will die (via Modkill). Any additional casualties will be resolved if necessary (see: Bomb). Any and all attempts to daykill by any player after the first properly formatted attempt will be disregarded entirely. Twilight will last roughly 24 hours, and players are free to converse in the thread during this phase.

Player generated prods can and will be issued by the game moderators if the player base so demands it. Players may post Request Prod: <player name> during the day phase. If 1/3 of the players request a prod on a player, they will be sent a private message by myself or Marshy. If the player does not respond to the prod or post in the thread within a period of time deemed reasonable by the moderators, they will be replaced. If there are no replacements, they will be modkilled.

Cooldowns:
As previously stated, all Townies and the Godfather have the ability to Daykill ANY PLAYER AT ANY TIME during the day phase. However, this does have a side effect. Any player who chooses to daykill another player will be on "cooldown" for the first 24 hours of the next day. This effect DOES stack. What this means is, for every player you day kill, you will have to wait a full 24 hours PER KILL after the start of the next in-game day, before you can use your daykill ability again. As previously stated, this effect does stack and will NEVER go away or be reduced (unless of course, you die).

THE ROLES:

Townie (11 players)

You are a not-so-normal townie in a not so normal game. In your town, the right to bear arms is a right that everyone seems to make use of. Problem? Shoot it. That's your village philosophy.

You possess the ability to day kill ANY player except yourself at ANY time during the day by simply posting Daykill: <player> in any of your posts. That person will be removed from the game as a casualty and the game will proceed to night phase. You may use this ability as many times as you'd like throughout the game, however, for every person you have daykilled in the game, you will be subject to a 24 hour "cooldown" period at the start of each in-game day, during which you will be unable to daykill anyone. As stated, this effect DOES STACK and will NEVER go away.

You win when the mafia has been completely eliminated.

Happy killing!
Cop (2 players)

You are a town cop. You possess the ability to investigate one player per night and learn their alignment. This ability will never fail (unless you die that night) and is guaranteed to give accurate results with the exception of the result you will receive if you investigate the Godfather. He will appear to be town aligned.

Unlike the rest of your fellow townspeople, you may not shoot someone who has not been proven to be a threat to the peace. Therefore, you must refrain from killing those involved in this "investigation."

You win when the town has completely eliminated the mafia.
Bomb (3 players)

You are a living bomb. And by that, I mean the mafia strapped some explosive devices to your body while you slept at some point. These devices are well hidden under your clothes and are VERY sensitive. If you are daykilled, you will cause an explosion that will randomly kill one other town aligned player who is NOT also a bomb. This will not happen if you are night killed, unless you are turned into a Re-wired Bomb by the Mafia Tactician.

Because the bombs strapped to you are so sensitive, firing your own firearm will set them off. As a result, you may not participate in the day killing.

You win when the town completely eliminates the mafia.
Mafia Tactician (1 player)

You are the Mafia Tactician. You possess two abilities, Sabotage Investigation and Re-wire Bomb. You may choose to use both, one, or neither of these abilities each night. If you elect to use Sabotage Investigation, you will select one player at night. If that player is a cop, you will render their results that night inconclusive. If you elect to use Re-wire Bomb, you will select one player at night. If that player is a Bomb, you will successfully re-wire the explosives attached to the player in a tactical manner, causing said player to inflict two additional randomly selected town casualties upon that player's death. This means that a successfully re-wired Bomb will cause three random NON-BOMB town aligned players to die along with him if he is daykilled, and will cause two randomly selected NON BOMB townies to die with him if he is night killed by the mafia. If the selected player is NOT a bomb, a randomly selected bomb player who has not already been re-wired will be completely defused, and will no longer inflict any additional casualties upon his death regardless of the cause of death. Defused bombs can not be rewired, and any attempted to do so will simply result in nothing happening (i.e. the defused bomb will remain defused but no other bombs will be affected either).

Neither you nor you targets will receive notice of the success or failure of your abilities.

Your partners in crime are <player> the Mafia Godfather and <player> the Mafia Inheritor. You may communicate with them privately in this quicktopic provided for your convenience, or by any other means of communication. Though it is not necessary, I would encourage you to post logs of your conversations in the quicktopic when possible. You may communicate privately at any time.

You win when the mafia achieves a mathematical parity with the town such that the logical result of the game's procession would be an elimination of the town.
Mafia Inheritor (1 player)

You are the Mafia Inheritor. You possess the ability Inherit Abilities, which you may use only once in this game. On any given night, you may elect to use Inherit Abilities if and only if at least one of your mafia partners is dead. If you elect to use this ability, you may select one of your fallen fellow mafiats. You will gain all abilities, both passive and active, that the selective mafiat had, and will be able to use them in a fashion identical to player who originally possessed them.

If you choose to inherit the abilities of the Godfather, you will be subject to any Daykill cooldown stacks he had accumulated for the day immediately following your inheritance. This cooldown will not be publicly posted, but if you attempt to daykill a player during it, it will be treated as falsifying the ability to daykill and will result in an immediate modkill. For all day phases after the day phase that immediately follows the nightphase in which you acquire the abilities of the Godfather, you will no longer be subject to the cooldown stacks of the previous Godfather and only to your own.

Your partners in crime are <player> the Mafia Godfather and <player> the Mafia Tactician. You may communicate with them privately in this quicktopic provided for your convenience, or by any other means of communication. Though it is not necessary, I would encourage you to post logs of your conversations in the quicktopic when possible. You may communicate privately at any time.

You win when the mafia achieves a mathematical parity with the town such that the logical result of the game's procession would be an elimination of the town.

Mafia Godfather (1 player)

You are the leader of the mafia that is trying to subvert this town of armed maniacs and rise to power. Having stolen so much weaponry from these people over time and hoarding it all for yourself, you can easily brandish a firearm that no one would recognize as overly suspicious. Just like the vast majority of the town, you possess the ability to day kill ANY player except yourself at ANY time during the day by simply posting Daykill: <player> in any of your posts. That person will be removed from the game as a casualty and the game will proceed to night phase. You may use this ability as many times as you'd like throughout the game, however, for every person you have daykilled in the game, you will be subject to a 24 hour "cooldown" period at the start of each in-game day, during which you will be unable to daykill anyone. As stated, this effect DOES STACK and will NEVER go away.

You will appear to be town if ever investigated by a cop.

Your partners in crime are <player> the Mafia Tactician and <player> the Mafia Inheritor. You may communicate with them privately in this quicktopic provided for your convenience, or by any other means of communication. Though it is not necessary, I would encourage you to post logs of your conversations in the quicktopic when possible. You may communicate privately at any time.

Player List:

1.) Rockin [Townie, Shot D5]
2.) Mentosman8 [Townie, Inferno'd D4]
3.) Omnididdle (Omni/Riddle Hydra) [Townie, Murdered N1]
4.) KevinM [Mafia Godfather, Survived]
5.) Chibo [Cop, Murdered N4]
6.) Teemo (Tom/EE Hydra) [Townie, Shot D2]
7.) Nicholas1024 [Townie, Endgame'd D5]
8.) Gheb_01 [Townie, Murdered N2]
9.) Chacotaco [Townie, Shot D1]
10.) Xonar [Bomb, Modkilled D3]
11.) Adumbrodeus [Mafia Inheritor, Survived]
12.) Overswarm [Bomb, Shot D4]
13.) Thedocsalive [Townie, Endgame'd D5]
14.) Chuckie (Vanderzant/Kataefi Hydra) [Mafia Tactician, Survived]
15.) Ronike [Townie, Murdered N3]
16.) Meta-Kirby [Bomb, Endgame'd D5]
17.) McCloud [Townie, Shrapnel'd D3]
18.) Ligolski [Townie, Inferno'd D4]
19.) EauxLune [Cop, Inferno'd D4]

Replacements:

SummonerAU

Day Starts/Ends:

D1: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10661402#post10661402
N1: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10688274#post10688274
D2: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10713269#post10713269
N2: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279529&page=13
D3: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279529&page=13
N3: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10786190#post10786190
D4: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10827970#post10827970
N4: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10869577#post10869577
D5: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10893839#post10893839
Endgame: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10893986#post10893986

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
second 10char

btw those players really want to play id be up for a hydra if you dont mind me being lazy nstuff.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
HUHHHHHHH @ ME NOT BEING IN THIS

i totally said yes i want to be in this @ FF

and i was in the original BIM! >:[

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
HUHHHHHHH @ ME NOT BEING IN THIS

i totally said yes i want to be in this @ FF

and i was in the original BIM! >:[
I thought I told you to send me a response to the invite I sent you via PM didn't I?

Cuz you didn't. =/ I thought you changed your mind or something.

Anyway yeah, I'm not gonna kick anyone out of the game, but I would encourage you to find a hydra partner. If that doesn't work out, you're first replacement guaranteed.

Really sorry brah. Miscommunication on my part I s'pose. =(

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
4:09:33 AM frozenflame751: yo skank
4:09:42 AM Omni: WHAT IS IT O_O
4:09:44 AM Omni: IM WATCHING MY ANIMES
4:09:44 AM frozenflame751: you gonna play in BIM v. 2.0
4:09:52 AM Omni: depends on whos in it
4:10:17 AM frozenflame751: well extending invites to everyone in the original crew save florida, hando
4:10:28 AM frozenflame751: hando cuz hes peacin out, florida cuz hes just not around

Omni said:
4:10:38 AM Omni: am down
:mad:

4:10:39 AM frozenflame751: and then I'll be handpicking the rest of the people to fill
4:10:52 AM frozenflame751: kk cool, I sent you an invite on SWF just rsvp whenever

FrozenFlame said:
just rsvp whenever

ligolski

Smash Rookie
I'm looking forward to this, its been a long *** time since I've played a mafia game and now I get to try my hand at this new stuff too lol. It's gonna be a blast, good luck everyone.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Os, truce not to quickshoot each other day 1? I'd really prefer a d1 quickshoot didn't happen at all actually but I'm sure someone'll do it

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Hey Frozen, are bombs informed should they be rewired/defused?

Also, what happens should the tactician rewire a defused bomb? Does another bomb become defused or does nothing happen?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
*glares at KevinM and Marshy*
you should be thanking me

and to answer your questions:
mafia tactician pm said:
You are the Mafia Tactician. You possess two abilities, Sabotage Investigation and Re-wire Bomb. You may choose to use use one or neither of these abilities each night. If you elect to use Sabotage Investigation, you will select one player at night. If that player is a cop, you will render their results that night inconclusive. If you elect to use Re-wire Bomb, you will select one player at night. If that player is a Bomb, you will successfully re-wire the explosives attached to the player in a tactical manner, causing said player to inflict two additional randomly selected town casualties upon that player's death. This means that a successfully re-wired Bomb will cause three random NON-BOMB town aligned players to die along with him if he is daykilled, and will cause two randomly selected NON BOMB townies to die with him if he is night killed by the mafia. If the selected player is NOT a bomb, a randomly selected bomb player who has not already been re-wired will be completely defused, and will no longer inflict any additional casualties upon his death regardless of the cause of death. Defused bombs can not be rewired.

Neither you nor you targets will receive notice of the success or failure of your abilities.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm surprised there's not a No invisa text rule now. <.<;

eauxlune

Smash Rookie
Does the 24 hour cooldown apply to the act of repetitively shooting ligolskrub's corpse after he dies?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lynch all liars?
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF *anhero.jpg*

Fix'd.

Hey Omni or McFox. Ill hydra with you if you can't find anyone better to hydra with.
Thanks for offering! I definitely advise communicating with both of them about this. No offense to McCloud, but if at all possible I would recommend hydraing with Omni if he is willing because I did invite him first and he was in the original BIM, and I promised that all the original players would get precedence.

Also, Mafia Tactician may be the greatest role I ever seen.
^_^

Hey Frozen, are bombs informed should they be rewired/defused?

Also, what happens should the tactician rewire a defused bomb? Does another bomb become defused or does nothing happen?
Bombs will not be informed if their status changes.

Attempting to rewire a defused bomb will result in nothing happening. I actually forgot to specify that. Good catch. The role has been edited to clarify this.

I'm surprised there's not a No invisa text rule now. <.<;
There is now.

Does the 24 hour cooldown apply to the act of repetitively shooting ligolskrub's corpse after he dies?
I lol'd. And yes. =P

Chuckie is confirmed as Vanderzant/Kataefi hydra and the player list has been changed to reflect this.

New rules have been added to the Additional rules section. Please be sure to read them.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Rawr!

So frozen, do Cops have the ability to Daykill at all? I assume they don't, but the way the pm is worded, it sounds like they can if they get a guilty result?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree that the language seems to imply it, but in the context of the rest of the rules, it becomes clear that cops may NEVER day kill.

If you feel that the rest of the rules do not clarify this please point to what language you feel needs to be changed. I will certainly be open to any suggestions if this will cause confusion. =)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I forgot about this waiting for my role PM, haha.

DayKill: Everyone but me

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Omni and Riddle have decided to hydra, and SummonerAU has decided to give his spot to McCloud. Once I receive confirmation of the creation of the Omni/Riddle Hydra and confirmation from McCloud that he is still willing to play, role PMs will be sent out. Hopefully all that happens by tonight so we can get this party started. =P

EDIT: McCloud has confirmed and the player list has been changed to reflect this.

Top Bottom