• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[m-1, 14, 28] avril lavigne mafia - over

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Decisive Games Mafia

Welcome to Decisive Games Mafia! This is a closed setup. This game will hopefully be very enjoyable and I wish all players the best of luck!

Helpful Links

Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.

Fundamental

1. Have fun and do not personally attack another player.
  2. Inactivity in this game is not excusable by activity in other games. If you have a dispute with me, let me know privately through PM or instant messaging. Sometimes I will make simple mistakes; if you believe this has happened, please address them in the thread in bold.
  3. Once you have died in the game, you are no longer allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever.
  4. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
  5. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread.
  6. Do not edit your posts.
  7. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  8. *You are not allowed to quote your role PM or quote a fake role PM. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim.
  9. *You are not allowed to quote mod PMs privately to any member that you are allowed to communicate with outside this thread.
  10. *Do not quote any PMs sent to you by me in the thread. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM.
  11. *You may not post screenshots of any kind.
  12. *The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited.
  13. *You may not quote logs of communication with other players if your role PM allows you to communicate with other players outside of this thread. You are free to paraphrase.
  14. You may privately notify me via PM if you feel another player has violated any rule.
  15. *You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.)..
  16. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.
  17. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.

* = Breaking this rule will result in an immediate modkill of the offender.

Voting and Lynching

1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Virgilijus.
  2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Eor. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
  3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
  4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.

Activity and Deadline

1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. If feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you have a pre-planned absence, then please notify me ahead of time and you will not be prodded. However if your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
  2. Extensions will be given depending on the circumstances, such as an 11th-hour replacement.
  3. Disobeying any of these rules may result in your mod-kill.

All roles are randomly assigned! There are no jesters in this game! Modkills end day if the player is town. Otherwise day continues!

Sample PM:

You are Gheb_01. You've fallen in love with Avril Lavigne and her music; especially that Keep Holding On song. Now you've flown to Avril-Con and met up with some fellow dGamers who are also Avril fans for some fun! However there are some Avril haters amongst you who want to pollute dGames with their alt rock grr..grr music and you must stop them!

Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you

Role: Brownie Townie
Abilities: Your only abilities are your voice and vote; now's the time to make them count!
Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.
Alive Players

4. Meta-Kirby
5. VanderZant
6. Nicholas1024 (replaces Xonar)
8. ZenSei
9. marshEE (Evil Eye/marshy hydra)
10. frozenflame751
11. Omni
12. MacmanChibosempai

-Replacements-
none lul

Dead Players
2. KirbYoshi, Omni, Town Patriot lynched Day 1.
1. Rockin, Kataefi, Brownie Townie lynched Day 2.
3. Tom, KevinM, Town Day cop Lover killed night 2.
7. OverSwarm Tom, Town Bulletproof Lover committed suicide night 2.

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MmukW1sNlIk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MmukW1sNlIk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
Events:
D1 Starts: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10700955&postcount=3
D2 Starts: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10814096&postcount=538

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
"Today is the best day ever!!" Gheb_01 said as he bounced around the convention center in Ontario, Canada. Why was he there? For today is the first day of the week long Avril-Con!! He wasn't a fan of Avril Lavigne before, but some dGamers spread her infectious pop music around the forum and he got addicted to Keep Holding On. While none of them had ever been able to get a steady mafia meet-up at a smash tournament, it turned out everyone was able and excited to go to Avril-Con, and thus this was the first ever dGames mafia meet-up. He wouldn't tell anyone, but secretly he was more excited for Avril-Con than the mafia meet-up.

Regardless, there were a lot of dGamers he wanted to meet, and he knew only the Avril lovers had come. Although he did remember reading some hate comments from other dGamers who had fallen in love with the alt rock grr..grr band Aiden. In fact, Aiden-Con had been canceled because of Avril-Con. Needless to say, those dGamers were not too happy. But he wouldn't have to worry about those trolls here.

Eventually he ran across another dGamer who flagged him down. "Oh hey ??? I didn't know you were coming here! I didn't think you liked Avril."

"Oh yeah, I totally love her ??? song!" ??? replied with a false smile.

"Cool, have you met up with anyone else?" Gheb_01 asked.

"Oh yeah, I've met some others. Come with me!!" ??? said leading Gheb_01 to a distant room.

Shortly thereafter, screams could be heard from the room, and a crowd rushed in to find the murdered body of Gheb_01. In his pocket they found a note. You want to play mafia at Avril-Con huh? Well don't worry, we brought the noose for you. Aiden will reign supreme!! Before they knew it, the lights went out. During the panic that ensued every Avril fan who was a dGamer found themselves captured and thrown into a different room. On the floor the words Knife Blood Murderwere written and they realized they had been trapped by the Aiden lovers. Now they had to play mafia to save themselves from the Aiden lovers...and if you died in this game, you were going to die in real life...

Day 1 begins!

A deadline has been set for Thursday, July 22nd at 11:59:59 PM EST.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
--RVS vote coming later tonight--

Nah I'm just playin.

vote: Zensei

:)

Kirby-Bot

Smash Rookie
That would be a horrible idea OS. Best save them for change-of-day pages.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Marshy said:
*dies* my feelings exactly.

alright let's get started.

@zensei and xonar: obligatory "who the **** are you" procedure. how long have you been playing mafia? how many games? if you were scum who in this game would you choose to be your scumbuddy?

@marshy: you've hosted enough games to be familiar with these guys. who are the two weakest players in this game

@macman: lets not make this the second time you forgot that you signed up for a game friend

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

@zensei and xonar: obligatory "who the **** are you" procedure. how long have you been playing mafia? how many games? if you were scum who in this game would you choose to be your scumbuddy?
This is like my 9th game or something.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Wait, you don't know who Xonar is? He's hardly new at all. Do you know who Vanderzant is, then? What's the different between the two to you Omni?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Regardless, Zensei you did not answer Omni's question about scumbuddies.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

This picture (the one in the first post of the game) looks like it says "aavril lavigner"

What the hell, Steel.

M.K

Level 55
They created a verb just to describe this game.
a.k.a, this game will be several times more aavril-lavigner than any other game.

Kirby-Bot

Smash Rookie
^ Uh... adjective? :p

Confused about Omni's choices of questioning subjects as well; Along with Vand, I (Clownbot) am also newer than Xonar, and possibly MK and Kirbyo. Hell, I think even OS came to SWF Mafia later than Xonar did.... o_o

Omni

BRoomer
And you both were/are in Code Geass Mafia.
Omni couldn't even remember me while I was in it -_-
this.

Wait, you don't know who Xonar is? He's hardly new at all. Do you know who Vanderzant is, then? What's the different between the two to you Omni?
I remember asking Vanderzant the same set of questions in one of our mafia marathons. I can go back to that game for reference.

Confused about Omni's choices of questioning subjects as well; Along with Vand, I (Clownbot) am also newer than Xonar, and possibly MK and Kirbyo. Hell, I think even OS came to SWF Mafia later than Xonar did.... o_o
I've played a few games with kirbyoshi. I don't who you are Clownbot, but I'm not going to try to determine who's doing what betwen you two since you're in a hydra.

An odd set of questions is better than continuing RVS.

Oh idk you seem like a pretty good choice. Who would you choose?
I'd choose MarshEE or Tom for sure. MarshEE because it's a been a while and he's ******** good at coasting and living. Tom because we're both really good at manipulating.

Why would I be a good choice? I don't understand your choice for picking me.

Omni

BRoomer
@marshy: you've hosted enough games to be familiar with these guys. who are the two weakest players in this game
ive read enough games too

when it comes to overall:

1. lynching scum by scrutiny of posts
2. having good suspects
3. ability to differentiate between dumb and scum (hand-in-hand with 2)
4. just keeping up and not disappearing

then id say

2. Kirby-Bot (ClownBot/KirbYoshi Hydra)
7. OverSwarm

are the winners. snaaaaaaap!

best save them for when steel grows a ballsack, formulates ballsack contents and picks some actual music.
just get rid of the commas apostrophes and end punctuation at the end of lines/paragraphs and its perfect

wait til yall see my ee impression

eh. i dont even think kirbyos so bad when it comes to 1-3 from other games ive played/seen with him. its just that ive recently seen him hurt town bigtime in batmanfia and then tmnt by 4 so im left with a bad impression. offhand clownbot...i thought you were scummy in dbz & mayfia (maybe i was attracted to your power roles) but i thought you were good on all fronts in newbie 4. so i see you as a sort of wildcard and its def more kirbyo

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Rofl I'm just so lazy in mafia games that I don't get any rep.
I'm no fun anyway, I never get lynched
(muahahahahaha)

Top Bottom