• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

----------

Yikarur

Smash Master
there is nothing wrong to double jab if it hits but double jabbing against a shield sucks, right.
I read it completly, nice read, Shiri for president!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You could say well..

start jab canceling instead of going to jab 2. By jab canceling i mean hitting the IASA out of jab 1

bigman40

Smash Master
If you always jab once, then opponents can just punish you as hard. I only prefer using dbl jab when it lands or to keep yourself from being grabbed (as in delay the jab).

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
To add to what Bigz is saying, I believe that both single jab and double jab should be used. Both have uses (yes, double jab has a few, but still) and can be used mixed up to keep opponents honest.

However, I do agree with Shiri that we shouldn't just throw out the double jab just to throw it out. There should always be a purpose.

Teh Future

Smash Master
*** misleading titles oloololooooooooooooooollllolololo

double jab is good it sets up for grabs, eggs, charge upsmash, poopin em out, ect

bigman40

Smash Master
the transition into the next jab is like 8 frames where opponent and do something.

It's worse when you cancel the jab and do something else.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You need to use both. The single jab mixups are much better for when you've spaced your jab well, but since Yoshi's jab is quite an amazing gtfo move, it's not always beneficial to try to do something else.

Just today, I kept getting jabbed out of my attempts to follow up a single jab because it takes longer. It was pretty gay, so I just started double jabbing and saved myself loads of percent.

D

Deleted member

Plus double jab has good knockback for followups.
Especially since most people have shield as their panic mode button, you can just jump and turnaround egg lay (as well as many other options). Its like a rigged guessing game, cuz yoshi can punish most options by most characters on reaction.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshi can punish most anything but he needs a different move for every single thing they do, its not like mk where you just mash b or dsmash :p

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Judging from what Shiri has posted and what I learned from Steakfest 3... Double jab "is" bad. Evertyime I battled someone they wouldn't die till they hit around 90-180 somehow. As soon as I started Jab+DownB they were dying like crazy and were afraid of getting pelted by those eggs before they reached over 90.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Judging from what Shiri has posted and what I learned from Steakfest 3... Double jab "is" bad. Evertyime I battled someone they wouldn't die till they hit around 90-180 somehow. As soon as I started Jab+DownB they were dying like crazy and were afraid of getting pelted by those eggs before they reached over 90.
They weren't DIing the down-b properly.

Double jab is useful, but mix ups are key. Use both single jab > whatever and double jab.

Top Bottom