• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic The Hedgehog Mafia - Who lives happily ever after in the Land of the Sky?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Hello & welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog Mafia!

[collapse=Rule Set]Rules:
1) Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others! (This includes personal attacks!)
¤You will receive a non-negotiable warning for your first offense and immediate forced replacement upon second offense.
2) The game mod is the game god. However, if you feel the game god happens to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out!
3) Editing your posts is not allowed, and multi-posting is instead encouraged in its place. Any and all edits will be reversed!
4) If you are allowed to communicate with another player outside of this thread, then please follow the communication instructions within your role PM!
¤You will receive a warning for your first offense and immediate modkill upon second offense.
5) Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Moderator unless your role PM explicitly states you can (in which case follow the instructions in your role PM). You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words!
¤You will receive an immediate modkill upon this offense.
6) Once all role PMs have been sent, please confirm by quoting your role PM back to me along with your favourite three rules. Please do not post in-thread as confirmation. This thread will be unlocked once all players have confirmed.
7) All votes must follow the format of "Vote: NAME".
8) You are not required to unvote, however if you do, then please use the format of "Unvote:".
9) No Lynch is a valid vote target.
10) A lynch will occur when a majority of votes has been reached.
11) If a majority has not been reached, then No Lynch is forced as the lynch target.
12) A) Deadline for the Day Phase will equal a time of eight days.
12) B) Deadline for the Night Phase will equal a time of two days.
13) During any day phase a player may perform the command "Request: Deadline Extension". The deadline will be extended by four days if a majority of players perform this command. This can only be done once over the course of the game and the deadline will not be extended for any other reason.
15) Twilight Phase will occur between Day Phase and Night Phase for a variable period. All living players including those about to be lynched will be allowed to communicate in thread until a death scene is posted.
16) After your death you are allowed to select one of the following as a final remark:
"Keep the The Land of the Sky safe!"
"No, I don't want to go back to The Land of Darkness!"
17) A) You are expected to maintain a healthy level of activity in this game. If you have pre-planned absence, then please notify the game mod ahead of time and you will not be prodded. However if your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
17) B) You will receive a prod every forty-eight hour period you do not post without note of V/LA.
17) C) If you go for a period of seven days without posting or acknowledging prods, you will be replaced or modkilled at the moderators discretion.
17) D) The seven day grace period will be shortened by one day, to a minimum of three days, for every two prods you receive.
18) Failure to adhere to rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
19) Please avoid using HTML and coloured font in your posts. All colours used in this post are strictly forbidden for use as they are the colours the game moderator will be using.
20) You may ask questions to the game moderator using the command: "@Mod: ___".
21) Please do not post in code, hidden text, or languages other than English.
22) You may not post screenshots [print screens] or anything resembling a screenshot [print screen]. These will be edited out by the Game Moderator immediately.
¤This offense will result in a warning or possible immediate modkill on a case to case basis.
23) Hydras may freely quote text logs of conversations, after all it's only the playerslot talking to itself. Sadly, hydras are not allowed to play in this game.
24) You may not quote logs of communication with other players if your role PM allows you to communicate with other players outside of this thread. You are free to paraphrase.
¤This offense will result in an immediate modkill.
25) If you have an issue with any of these rules you may privately appeal for a rule's removal via PM.
26) You may privately notify me via PM if you feel another player has violated any rule.
27) Any and all technical data (including PM ID#, Time Sent, View Count, etc...) is considering private information and cannot be quoted or referenced.
¤This offense will result in an immediate modkill.[/collapse]

[collapse=Players & Lists]Living Player List:
1. GorditoBoy69
11. UTDZac
12. vVv ChiboSempai

Dead Player List:
10. TigerWoods, Grounder, Brownie Townie
4. Pierce7d, Coconuts, Brownie Townie
2. Kirbyoshi, Old Man, Mafiosi Super Saint
3. Nix2100, Sara, Town Innocent Child
6. rPSI, Metal, Brownie Townie
9. SwordsRbroken, Tails, Brownie Townie
8. Sold2, Scratch, Town Speaker of the Dead
5. Rockin, President, Mafiosi Michizure Switch
7. Sir Bedevere, Sonic, Town Agent

Replacement Pool:
None
[Please PM me if you would like to serve as a replacement.]

Important Posts:
None.[/collapse]

[collapse=Set-Up]This is a Closed Set-up for 12 Players with all roles randomly assigned both player-wise and flavour-wise (with exception of one flavour-role that I will note at game start). The flavour takes characters from the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog television series and the Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie animated film.
I confirm the absence of the following Independent Roles in this set-up:
Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Siblings, Survivor
I do not confirm the presence or absence of all other Independent Roles.
I confirm there is a Town faction and there is at least one Mafiosi faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafiosi factions.
I do not confirm the presence or absence of alignment-altering roles.
I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate.
I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.

Here is a sample PM:

[collapse=Example]Example

Role: Brownie Townie
Abilities: Your only abilities are your voice and vote; now's the time to make them count!
Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.[/collapse]

[/collapse]

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Role PMs have been sent. Please make sure you read the game rules for confirmation instructions. In addition don't forget to click the youtube link in your role PM.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Begins & Confirmation Ends!

It's a wonderful day in the Sonic universe for the pretty, young Sara. Everyone loves her! Well, almost everyone...

"Man I love drives!" Sara cheered as she was driven in a limousine by her chauffeur.

The fields of flowers on either side of the road made for excellent scenery as the girl made her way from Green Lake City to Forest Town on her way to the Presidential House. The Land of the Sky was truly beautiful and she loved it. However, Sara had a short attention span and it wasn't long before she grew bored.

"Let me out here for a minute! I need to stretch!" Sara whined as she forced the driver to pull over.

She quickly ran out of the car once it was stopped and began grabbing some flowers.

"Oh these will look great in my room!" Sara smiled with a handful of flowers.

However, not a moment later her limousine exploded in a burst of flames. Sara dropped the flowers she was holding and stared in awe for a moment. Then the realization of what just happened kicked in and she burst into tears.

"Noooo! My entire CD collection was in there!" Sara whined.

It wasn't long before the news spread of the attempted assassination of Sara. The Land of the Sky immediately gathered a list of possible suspects to interrogate, however Sara has now taken it onto herself to find out who caused her precious collection to be destroyed.

Nix2100 has been confirmed to be Sara the Town Innocent Child.

Deadline has been set for August 11, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 7/12 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 0:
GorditoBoy69: (0)
Kirbyoshi: (0)
Nix2100: (0)
Pierce7d: (0)
Rockin: (0)
rPSI: (0)
Sir Bedevere: (0)
Sold2: (0)
SwordsRbroken: (0)
TigerWoods: (0)
UTDZac: (0)
vVv ChiboSempai: (0)
Not Voting: GorditoBoy69, Kirbyoshi, Nix2100, Pierce7d, Rockin, rPSI, Sir Bedevere, Sold2, SwordsRbroken, TigerWoods, UTDZac, vVv ChiboSempai(
)

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I'm still fat. And I believe that girls should be treated with respect. Even though some of the girls you nailed were in fact hot. And young.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
I feel special....for once I don't have to worry about getting lynched >_>

Vote: Rockin

Rawr!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Unvote

So Pierce is away for about 6 days... discuss. Kind of makes it tough to start off doesn't it? I hope he can pop on for a bit on Thurs.

TigerWoods, refresh me of your role in Monster Island Mafia plz, I forget. I think it's the only other game I've played with you in.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Unvote

Lol nvm, clearly I should have read everything in the mods first post since the game started.

@Chibo: 6 days is a long time. I thought he said he'd be able to pop in a few days from now at least?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Way to go Zac =P First person to vote for the cleared townie! I was thinking about changing my vote for good measure...but I rarely get to vote against Rockin so I think I'll keep it here for a bit

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol wooow i didn't even notice zac did that
thats funny

well pierce said hes away till thurs, and then apex starts on friday. so im hoping we get some thursday posts outta him. and then we can bully him into finding a computer and posting while at apex

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Oh Chibo I was Manilla... brownie townie on Monster Island.

I accidently pushed for the lynching of Xiivi... but...

I correctly predicted who was mafia.. though you all had a debate on whether or not to lynch me and Chaco XD.

I got night killed as you all killed Jungle and the other mafioso.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Huh...If I am cleared townie, does that mean I am not required to answer any questions really? =P

But because I feel like playing nice and all...This is...hmm, my 6th game?....round there, I don't exactly keep track tbh. That's just for forum mafia...I used to play a lot of EM....but we won't go there >_>

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Pfft, When was the last time I got a chance to vote for you? =P

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
What kind of experience do you guys have?
^This. I don't know the majority of you and I'd love to have some idea what to expect. It'd be rude not too... so my first game was back in October '09. I'm mostly an AIB mafia player, but I replace for games here every now and then. Also, I've played in/hosted hundreds of AIMafia.

Vote Rockin
I know you... and I know it was YOUR fault we lost in DBZ :<. Worst/best scum-mate ever.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
This is my second game here. I've played quite a few games on a website that went down a while ago. But that was like, a WHILE ago.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
uhh.....i don't know what game this is for me. probably around like 14th or something...

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Fairly sure there's a couple people that have yet to speak.....I'm also a bit surprised there is no more Random Voting.....kind of kills the conversation flow don't you think?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
lol wooow i didn't even notice zac did that
thats funny

well pierce said hes away till thurs, and then apex starts on friday. so im hoping we get some thursday posts outta him. and then we can bully him into finding a computer and posting while at apex
It's not like Pierce is going to answer anytime soon. We migt get a post or two on thursday, but from Friday - Sunday we'll be extreamly lucky. He's going to be entering the tourny AND being commentor there.

I suggest we hold our breath for him for now.

This game needs WAY more activity

Esp for a sonic mafia game wow
I always hate that first day where nothing happens >_>

Has anyone not talked yet?
If that's the case, then you guys need to make people active. >>

Fairly sure there's a couple people that have yet to speak.....I'm also a bit surprised there is no more Random Voting.....kind of kills the conversation flow don't you think?
I think after that random vote on you and you saying you're confirmed town kinda killed the mood XD

You should be working harder then us generating discussion XD

Zac, have you played in other mafia games before? If so, how many games and what was your first one?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Ha...I've said it enough times, I'm horrible Day 1 >_> I probably should come up with something else to say....but I'm far too tired -_-

Top Bottom