• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[m1] mario kart mafia | who won the race?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Hello & welcome to Mario Kart Mafia!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c-oVfJkOPPQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c-oVfJkOPPQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
[collapse=Rule Set]Rules:
1) Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others! (This includes personal attacks!)
¤You will receive a non-negotiable warning for your first offense and immediate forced replacement upon second offense.
2) The game mod is the game god. However, if you feel the game god happens to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out!
3) Editing your posts is not allowed, and multi-posting is instead encouraged in its place. Any and all edits will be reversed!
4) If you are allowed to communicate with another player outside of this thread, then please follow the communication instructions within your role PM!
¤You will receive a warning for your first offense and immediate modkill upon second offense.
5) Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Moderator unless your role PM explicitly states you can (in which case follow the instructions in your role PM). You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words!
¤You will receive an immediate modkill upon this offense.
6) All votes must follow the format of "Vote: NAME".
7) You are not able to unvote through any command. Instead, reusing the "Vote: NAME" command will override your previous vote.
8) No Lynch is a valid vote target.
9) A lynch will occur when a majority of votes has been reached.
10) If a majority has not been reached, then No Lynch is forced as the lynch target.
11) A) Deadline for the Lap Phase (Mario Kart jargon for Day!) will equal a time of ten miles (Mario Kart jargon for days irl!).
12) B) Deadline for the Pit Stop Phase (Mario Kart jargon for Night!) will equal a time of two miles (Mario Kart jargon for days irl!).
13) Twilight Phase will occur between Day Phase and Night Phase for a variable period. All living players including those about to be lynched will be allowed to communicate in thread until a death scene is posted.
14) A) You are expected to maintain a healthy level of activity in this game. If you have pre-planned absence, then please notify the game mod ahead of time and you will not be prodded. However if your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
15) B) You will receive a prod every forty-eight hour period you do not post without note of V/LA.
15) C) If you go for a period of seven days without posting or acknowledging prods, you will be replaced or modkilled at the moderators discretion.
15) D) The seven day grace period will be shortened by one day, to a minimum of three days, for every two prods you receive.
16) Failure to adhere to rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
17) Please avoid using HTML and coloured font in your posts. All colours used in this post are strictly forbidden for use as they are the colours the game moderator will be using.
18) You may ask questions to the game moderator using the command: "@Mod: ___".
19) Please do not post in code, hidden text, or languages other than English.
20) You may not post screenshots [print screens] or anything resembling a screenshot [print screen]. These will be edited out by the Game Moderator immediately.
¤This offense will result in a warning or possible immediate modkill on a case to case basis.
21) Hydras may freely quote text logs of conversations, after all it's only the playerslot talking to itself. Sadly, hydras are not allowed to play in this game.
22) You may not quote logs of communication with other players if your role PM allows you to communicate with other players outside of this thread. You are free to paraphrase.
¤This offense will result in an immediate modkill.
23) If you have an issue with any of these rules you may privately appeal for a rule's removal via PM.
24) You may privately notify me via PM if you feel another player has violated any rule.
25) Any and all technical data (including PM ID#, Time Sent, View Count, etc...) is considering private information and cannot be quoted or referenced.
¤This offense will result in an immediate modkill.
26) Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.[/collapse]

[collapse=Players & Lists]Mario Kartin' and won the race:
12. Hilt

Koopa Shell'd:
5. Overswarm, Toad, Vanilla Townie, lynched D1
13. TigerWoods, Baby Luigi, Vanilla Townie, lynched D2
3. Junglefever, Waluigi, Mafiosi Roleblocker, killed N2
2. Nicholas1024, Peach, Town Cop, killed N2
9. Zεη, King Boo, Town Watcher, killed N2
8. Airgemini, Bowser, Mafiosi Tracker, lynched D3
1. Ronike, Petey Piranha, Vanilla Townie, killed N3
7. Rockin, Toadette, Vanilla Townie, lynched D4
4. SwordsRBroken, Mario, Town Sane Cop, killed N4
11. Sold2 replaces Vult Redux, Yoshi, Vanilla Townie, killed N4
10. Rajam, Diddy, Town Vigilante, lynched D5
6. Meta-Kirby, Wario, Mafiosi Roleblocker, killed N5
14. Omni, Baby Bowser, Independent Serial Killer Tracker, killed N5

Replacement Pool:
1. Nix2100
2. Gheb_01
3. Riddle
[Please PM me if you would like to serve as a replacement.]

Important Posts:
D1: begins | ends
D2: begins | ends
D3: begins | ends
D4: begins | ends
D5: begins | ends
Finish (Line)[/collapse]

[collapse=Set-Up]This is a Closed Set-up for 14 The flavour takes characters from Mario Kart: Double Dash

I confirm the absence of the following Independent Roles in this set-up:
Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Siblings, Survivor
I do not confirm the presence or absence of all other Independent Roles.
I confirm there is a Town faction and there is at least one Mafiosi faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafiosi factions.
I do not confirm the absence or presence of alignment-altering roles.
I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate.
I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.

Here is a sample PM:

[collapse=Sample]

Koopa

Role: Vanilla Townie
Abilities:
Your only abilities are your voice and vote; now's the time to make them count!
Kart Partner: Example
Position: Driver; you may use the command "Switch" during any night phase. If both you and your Kart Partner use this command on the same night, you will switch positions at the start of the next day. You will be told if your partner used this command at the start of each day regardless. One time while you are in the driver position, you will be bulletproof. You may only use your active abilities (anything besides your voice, vote, and ability to switch) when you are in the shooter position. Losing your partner will result in you being able to switch back and forth through the use of the "Switch" command. You may elect to use the command "Don't Switch".
Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.[/collapse]

[collapse=Example]

Paratroopa

Role: Town Reporter
Abilities:
Each night you may send me the command "Document: NAME". You will be told if this player is Not Home OR Home. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Document: No Target".
Kart Partner: Sample
Position: Shooter; you may use the command "Switch" during any night phase. If both you and your Kart Partner use this command on the same night, you will switch positions at the start of the next day. You will be told if your partner used this command at the start of each day regardless. One time while you are in the driver position, you will be bulletproof. You may only use your active abilities (anything besides your voice, vote, and ability to switch) when you are in the shooter position. Losing your partner will result in you being able to switch back and forth through the use of the "Switch" command. You may elect to use the command "Don't Switch".
Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.[/collapse]

[/collapse]

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Role PMs are on their way. After you receive your role PM, please PM me within 48 hours to confirm that you received your role and that you have read and understand the game's rules. I will start Day 1 once I receive everyone's confirmation via PM; after 48 hours, I will look into replacing players who did not confirm.

Do not post in the thread until I start Day 1.

No headstarts!

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
updating rules 7 and 11a
old rule 7 said:
7) You are not required to unvote, however if you do, then please use the format of "Unvote:".
current rule 7 said:
7) You are not able to unvote through any command. Instead, reusing the "Vote: NAME" command will override your previous vote.
old rule 11a said:
11) A) Deadline for the Day Phase will equal a time of eight days.
current rule 11a said:
11) A) Deadline for the Lap Phase (Mario Kart jargon for Day!) will equal a time of ten miles (Mario Kart jargon for days irl!).

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
clarifying some things

Abilities: Each night you may send me the command "Document: NAME". You will be told if this player is Not Home OR Home. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Document: No Target".
active abilities may be used in the same night as the switch ability. players dont actually switch til the next day after all

Kart Partner: Sample
players may not communicate privately with their kart partner unless told otherwise

One time while you are in the driver position, you will be bulletproof.
bulletproof powers are lost ONLY when targeted for a nightkill while in the driver position

thisll start soon. i only need a couple more confirmations

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vtz-40AjwOM?fs=1&amp&autoplay=1&loop=1";hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vtz-40AjwOM?fs=1&amp&autoplay=1&loop=1";hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>[collapse=the race begins!][13:57] gac1113: NO DAYS
[13:57] gac1113: JUST LAPS
[13:57] gac1113: AND PITSTOPS
[13:57] gac1113: WHATTTT
[13:58] Xiivi: AND BOOST STARTS
[13:58] Xiivi: hell yeah accelerated vote start! :D
[13:58] gac1113: this isnt even mafia
[13:58] gac1113: this is just
[13:58] gac1113: mario kart madness
[13:58] Xiivi: double dash disaster
[13:58] Xiivi: :D
[13:58] gac1113: items gettin thrown and ****
[13:59] gac1113: getting switched out and ****
[13:59] gac1113: YOU CANT TALK ITS GOING TOO FAST
[13:59] Xiivi: TOO MUCH TO DO HOLY ****
[13:59] Xiivi: WHO GUNNA WIN THE RACE?[/collapse]

The finish line (Deadline) is in 10 laps (September 13, 2010 11:59PM EST)!

It takes 8/14 to lynch!

The game has been put into ACCELLERATED START!

Lap (Day) 1 Vote Count 1:
Ronike: Meta-Kirby (
)
Nicholas1024: Rockin (
)
Mark Benford: Ronike (
)
SwordsRBroken: Mark Benford (
)
Overswarm: Omni (
)
Meta-Kirby: Nicholas1024 (
)
Rockin: Vult Redux (
)
Airgemini: SwordsRBroken (
)
Zεη: TigerWoods (
)
Rajam: Overswarm (
)
Vult Redux: Zεη (
)
Hilt: Airgemini (
)
TigerWoods: Hilt (
)
Omni: Rajam (
)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i dont think i understand the above but

*press the A button at the perfect timing to get the boost start*

yahoooooooooo

Rajam

Smash Champion
ok this game is going slow... do we lynch inactives?

What does everyone think about claiming our partners? Would it be helpful or do we keep that info hidden? (and no, I'm not saying claiming who the driver and who the shooter is)

Omni

BRoomer
Tiger Woods always finishes first.
that's what she said. in fact, that's what they all said

ok this game is going slow... do we lynch inactives?

What does everyone think about claiming our partners? Would it be helpful or do we keep that info hidden? (and no, I'm not saying claiming who the driver and who the shooter is)
lol, :laugh: surprised someone is jumping on inactives before me. relax. it's mid-day and people are probably in school or something and the game just started. plus it's labor day weekend so people may be taking vacations or going to tournaments. it'll be a slow weekend probably.

but yes inactives can die :mad:

and dont start off talking about potential claims, rajam. there's no reason to release any information this early in the game. 9 times out of 10 any information disclosed helps scum more than it helps town

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Yay, game start! Get hyped people!

I really hope Rajam was kidding about lynching inactives right now...

@Omni
We might want to switch-claim come end of day. I think right before the lynch we should have everyone say they want to switch/not switch. Since partners can't communicate privately (at least, most partners can't), that'll let town PR's get in optimal position for N2.

@Everyone
Just an FYI for town: Unless you have a good reason to do so, never address your partner by name. Just say anything directed at them via @partner. Also, don't communicate with your partner unless there's something important you need to say.

Anyway, let's start this game by getting rid of some dead weight...

Spike shell: Rockin

(This will be the most fun I've had since Spidey mafia...)

M.K

Level 55
lol @ Rajam, are you a new player?
Let's get rolli-
*hit by a Blue Shell*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU-

Omni

BRoomer
On iPhone.

@Nich: I'll have to think that claim plan through. I don't know if I like it tho. Claiming our switches means revealing partner choices, possibly giving away positions, revealing who is BP and who is not, etc. I'm not seeing the pro's outweigh the cons.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Zen, Rajam, and Tiger: I dont think I've ever played any games with any of you. Do you have any completed games on the site I could give a once over?

Air: Have you been playing in DGs lately? I remember you from a game a while back, but havent seen you lately.

As for my vote, might as well choose where it goes myself... Unvote

Omni

BRoomer
^I was going to ask the same question as above.

i dont know Tiger or Vult so...

@Tiger and Vult: how long have you been playing mafia? how many games have you played in DG's? also, if you two were scum who would you choose in this game to be your scum partner and why?

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Hmm... Check out mentosman's monster island mafia. I played on there(town).

I've played a bunch of mafias... I've only played a few on here though.

And I really cant say on your second question... I haven't played with too many people in this current game.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Ronike
Not sure about the other two, but Zen was in the just-completed Dgames mafia.

Also, there is no unvote command...

At any rate, that spike shell thing gathered far less reactions than I hoped for. Guess it was just too obvious a fake.

@Everyone
Let's get this thing out of the RVS. What do you think about claiming that you want to switch/not switch at the end of each day?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
@Tiger and Vult: how long have you been playing mafia? how many games have you played in DG's? also, if you two were scum who would you choose in this game to be your scum partner and why?
I don't plan to answer the first question any time on this site ever! Tee hee~

I've played four or five games I think. I've only survived past Day 2 in my most recent one!

Maybe Overswarm. I remember playing Code Geass with him and thinking he was a pretty good player. No one else comes to mind.

No unvoting is allowed, Ronike!

Ronike

Smash Ace
Whoops, thought he changed it from that to regular.

I don't think claiming don't/switch is a good idea. It seems like all it does is open up a big fat case of WIFOM later, and it just feels like something we prolly shouldn't do.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Zen, Rajam, and Tiger: I dont think I've ever played any games with any of you. Do you have any completed games on the site I could give a once over?

Air: Have you been playing in DGs lately? I remember you from a game a while back, but havent seen you lately.

As for my vote, might as well choose where it goes myself... Unvote
You can always check Chrono Trigger and see how amazing I'm at Mafia games :p

Rajam

Smash Champion
How many racers there were in MKDD?

We're 14 players here, and I'm pretty sure characters like Bowser, Bowser Jr, Petey Piranha, ... are scum. I wonder if they got safe claims

kupo

Rajam

Smash Champion
Luigi - Mario
Peach - Daisy
Wario - WaLuigi
Baby Mario - Baby Luigi
Bowser - Bowser Jr
Troopa Koopa - Paratroopa
Diddy - Donkey Kong
Toadette - Toad
Yoshi - Birdo
Petey Piranha - King Boo
WaBaby - Goombario

ugh, 10 couples (or 9, i don't think Koopa and Paratroopa are roles here since they were the role examples), so scum will have safe claims :mad088:

ok I officially drop the mass name-claim idea

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This'll be interesting. I'm going to read up a bit in my other games so I don't have to pause on this one, will read this game asap.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Yes, finally able to play. So Rajam, what's the point of yo-OH ****!

*uses Power Star on the incoming Spike Shell.*

YOU GOTTA DO BETTER THEN THAT, OBVI SCUM NICK >:D

*ahem* Sorry about that, I was rudely interrupted...

Rajam, why did you go on and list all the characters in the video game? That's not very towny, you know.

Also, we should avoid trying to out guess the mod and the structure of this game. For now, we should play the game casually like any other Mafia game (even though this game isn't exactly normal...lol)

Top Bottom