• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape Remix -- New Puzzle Up

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
This is a puzzle-based adventure game. For more information, refer to the previous escape games:

Escape Beta - Macman - SickNasty
Escape - Macman - Amazing

Rules:
Fundamental:
1. Have fun, and do not ruin the fun for others.
2. No communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread.
3. Editing your posts is not allowed. If you absolutely must make a change, PM me and I will have someone make it for you.
4. Activity is required. I will replace/modkill you if I deem you even a bit inactive. If you will be away for a long period of time please let me know.
5. Puzzles will go up the next day after a puzzle is completed. I need to know what time is the best time to put them up. In order to completely confirm, you must vote in the poll for the best time period for the puzzles to go up. The game will not start unless everyone has posted in the thread and there are 16 votes in the poll.

Game Specific
6. There will be a total of 8 puzzles.
7. In general, everytime you input an answer, you are incapacitated for the rest of the puzzle. Which mean that you will not be able to speak or perform actions until the puzzle is solved and the next puzzle goes up.
8. Everytime you input an answer and it is wrong, you lose a token. In general, each player starts with 2 tokens. If you lose them all, you die. And since this game is about escaping, if you die you lose. In order to win you must have atleast 4 tokens by the end of the game.l.
9. The entire game has a deadline. You have 20 days, to 'escape' or else everyone loses. For those who can't do math, that gives you 2.5 days for each puzzle.
10. This deadline will generally remain the same. you may not request a deadline extension.
11. There is a group action in this game known as Majority Force. Basically you can force anyone in the game to do anything as long as a majority of the people currently in the room agree. (And the action you are forcing someone to do isn't absolutely ridiculous or out of their power.)
For example, say you want to force me to submit an answer to a puzzle. This is similar to a lynch vote in mafia; The majority of the people currently in the room will have to post something like Majority Force Macman to submit an answer. If a majority is reached, then the person will have to do that action regardless of whether they want to or not. This is to prevent people from purposely not answering questions or being inactive. Please post any further questions you have about this in the thread.
12. All actions in bold like an adventure game.
13. Don't piss me off. If you do not know whether you are allowed to do/say something... ASK! It's better you ask and me telling you that no you can't reveal blah blah blah than you doing it and messing up the game.
14. If you post after being incapped. You lose a token for each post you make.
15. BE ACTIVE!
15. These rules may change at anytime.
It is always good to think outside the box.

Player List:
Overswarm
Chibo
Nicholas
SummonerAU
tmw_redcell
Frozenflame
Tom
Evil Eye
Matunas
SwordsRBroken
X1-12
Cello_Marl
Sir Bedevere
Pythag BSL
Namaste
Omni

This game was originally meant to be 11 players with 8 puzzles but so many people wanted to join and I didn't wanna stop them.
It is or was supposed to be a smaller quick game and a second beta for the escape series. (I consider both games prior a test phase as well) There are quite a few things that need to be ironed out to see where I should go from here and completing an Escape game would help a great deal. Bear with me as I make small changes in order to improve the game.

Thank you all for playing! I hope you enjoy it!

Puzzle 1
The real 1st Puzzle

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
You awaken on a wooden floor.
The
As you come to your senses you find that you are in a seemingly empty room. Except for the dim lamp hanging from the ceiling you see absolutely nothing else in the room - Including a door.
E
It takes you a second to realize that you are trapped in this wooden room and that you have no idea where you are or even how you came to be here.
S
You try to push down the oncoming panic rising in you and remain calm. You stand up and find that it is slightly difficult to keep your balance. The room seems to be swaying.
C
You start to slowly walk around the room, careful not to get splinters in your bare feet. You look for any form of an exit but can seem to find none. You walk around the perimeter of the small room and your eye catches an engraving in the wood.
A
Read in between the lines
P
Before you have time to ponder the significance of the phrase a screen seems to appear out of a hidden compartment in the wall.
I
In the top left corner of the screen in small print you see: 11111620.
S
However what takes up most of the screen is...
T

Tom
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _​

A keyboard jutts out from the wall just beneath the screen.
PM Me your answer to sign up for Escape Remix!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Mod
Is that player list ordered based on who solved the entry puzzle first? :)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Wow, I was #3. (Congrats to Overswarm and Chibo for being the first to solve it.)

Anyway, can we do stuff like Force: Player to suicide? Also, are there any independent factions in this game?

While I'm asking questions, what's Rule #15? :p

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Dr Riddler please do not answer either of those questions

it would be so much more fun and so much better for the game if we discovered/tested these things ourselves, to attempt to reveal alignments

nicholas dont be an r-tard

god dammit, too late

macman i trust you will be an awesome mod and the above poster was actually riddle

yea im salty deal with it

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
So, it would be more fun to spend a couple days getting together a majority force on something we can't actually force? This game does have a time limit.

I suppose I can't expect the mod to reveal whether we have indie's to worry about though. :\

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
it would be more fun to see who would actually want to risk someone else's life to determine if they could kill by majority, because mafia would want to kill town, and they would also want to try to do it near end-game in a sort of "quick-lynch," and it could also generate discussion, and it could also reveal alignments

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I didn't even realize I was accepted into this game. I just submitted an answer because I was curious if it was right.

/confirm anyway

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Can we majority force multiple people to simultaneously perform the same action?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
this game looks confusing

i thought i was just solving puzzles all day. didnt know this was mafia

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Confirm. If this goes up in the next 48 hours I will not be here. I am in a wedding this weekend and the first time I'll be able to post will be Sunday.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
am I actually going to PLAY a game with EE?? Heavens to Murgatroyd!

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
Pythag, Namaste and Overswarm still need to vote in the poll thread to complete confirmation

Overswarm

is laughing at you
what poll?

also 3:00 p.m. EST is generally a good time.

So is 1:00 p.m. EST.q

Top Bottom