• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majora's Mask Mafia | Game Over!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Majora's Mask Mafia

Welcome to Majora's Mask Mafia! This game will take it's characters from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. There will not be any characters used from any other Zelda game that do not also appear in Majora's Mask. The game will begin once each player has confirmed that they have read both their role PM and the rules below. Hope everyone enjoys this game. It will be my first time running a game in DG, other than Newbie Mafia 8, so I'm a bit nervous, lol.

[Collapse=Rules]General Rules
  1. It's just a game. Try to have fun, but don't prevent others from enjoying themselves as well.
  2. Once dead, you're dead. Players that have died may not make any more posts in the thread, for any reason.
  3. Unless you're given specific permission in your PM, no one is allowed to communicate with each other outside of this thread about this game. This goes for players that have died as well. If you are dead, you may not talk to anyone that is still alive in this thread about this game, and vice versa.
  4. As long as this game is ongoing, do not publicly speak about this game, linking to this thread.
  5. Do not edit your posts. Double posting is allowed and encouraged as a replacement for edits.
  6. Do not quote anything directly that you receive in a PM from the mod, real or fake (meaning, don't post something, saying that it is a quote from the mod). Disobeying this rule will result in an immediate modkill.
  7. Do not post any pictures that you were sent in your role PM. This includes posting the actual picture, or a link to the picture). Disobeying this rule will result in an immediate modkill.
  8. You may not post any screenshots. Any screenshots posted will immediately be edited out by the mod.
  9. Speak only in english. Posting in another language, encrypting your
  10. post in some code of some way, or anything similar to this is not allowed.
  11. Do not quote logs of communcation you have had between yourself and another player. You may paraphrase instead.
  12. Failure to send your night action will result in no night actions being performed.
  13. Failure to adhere to the above rules will result in modkill or replacement at the mod's discretion. If you are unsure of whether a post would violate one of these rules, you are more than welcome to ask me personally, beforehand.

Voting and Lynching
  1. During the day you may vote for any player by posting (in bold) Vote: Player. For example, Vote: Xiivi.
  2. To remove a vote, you may use the Unvote command, by merely posting Unvote. You do not need to Unvote before placing your vote on another player.
  3. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached, or the predetermined deadline has arrived. Each day phase will last, roughly, ten real days. If the day ends without there being a majority, no player will be lynched.
  4. No Lynch is a valid vote choice. If a majority vote No Lynch, then the day will end without anyone dying. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
  5. After a majority vote has been reached, the game will move to Twilight Phase. During this time everyone is able to still speak, including the player about to die. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to the Night Phase.
  6. Night Phases will last roughly two to three days. During this time nobody is able to speak in this thread.

Activity
  1. You are required to make at least one post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will receive a prod through PM. Receiving four prods will result in a replacement or modkill, depending on the situation. I will warn you personally beforehand if I'm considering replacing or modkilling you.
  2. The players are able to vote for a deadline extension. This may only be done once per game and is granted if a majority of the players do so.

Helpful Rules and Links
Newbie Guide | Basic Rules | Common Roles | Smashboards Mafia Archives
[/Collapse][Collapse=Player List]Alive
  1. Adumbrodeus
  2. JoanBud Sir Bedevere
  3. DanGR
  4. Swiss
  5. X1-12
  6. Pierre The Scarecrow FrozenFlame

Dead
  1. Roxy
  2. BSL
  3. Vocal
  4. Nabe
  5. Overswarm

[/Collapse][Collapse=Sample Role PM]
Welcome to Majora's Mask Mafia, ____! You are Pamela, the Vanilla Townie!

You are an only child, living only with your father, who has a bit of an obsession with the Gibdo's of Ikana Canyon. In fact, the two of you left the bustling life of Clocktown for your father to research the ghosts and spirits of Ikana. You've been through a lot with the recent... situation he went through. Though that's all over now, and the two of you can return to living your life peacefully.

You are Vanilla Townie and have no abilities.

You're town aligned and win when all threats to town have been eliminated.
[/collapse]

X1-12

Smash Champion
Well it worked terrifically for me last time.

So long as you post like the pro you are, consider us sweaty, palmy buddies.

I don't think X1 likes hand-holder-onners.
I don't like to namedrop

and lady gaga agrees with me

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hopefully me, considering you're probably just going to have a grudge from Community mafia :p

X1-12

Smash Champion
nope, gordito is the only one who I had a grudge on as he lost it for town, even if he didn't stupidly vote Swiss he would have lost it for us next day probably

Overswarm

is laughing at you
nope, gordito is the only one who I had a grudge on as he lost it for town, even if he didn't stupidly vote Swiss he would have lost it for us next day probably
Dude, relax. No one thought Sworddancer was scum. It was set up to have me killed and then a final three with a guaranteed townie being scum. Do you think of you, swiss, and gordito, any combination of the two wouldn't have voted for the other? I doubt it.

You need to drop the grudge and start on a clean slate. I'd like to hold hands with Swiss because I consider him the strongest player here that I can read well. If Swiss ends up being scum, it won't exactly be difficult to pick him out. If he's town, I really like how he doesn't let anyone get away with anything. He's not good at getting the RIGHT information, but he gets information flowing. Holding hands with him allows me to narrow my focus and get more accurate results early on.

It wouldn't be the case with adumbrodeus, since he tends to tunnel more. That's closer to what I do, so we'd overlap.

So seriously, drop the grudge act. It won't help anyone, and is inherently anti-town. You wanna watch me close? Go for it. I'd watch me close too. I'm hard to read as scum because half the time I want to get caught so my teammate won't be. That's not even going into the town gambit thing that adumbrodeus caught onto.

Start the game with a fresh slate. Don't get emotional prior to D1.

In other news, all of our replacements are really good replacements. I'm not sure how I feel about pressuing ACTUAL inactives this game. Pressuring inactives that just happen to post enough to be prodded is one thing, but those receiving multiple prods I wouldn't be opposed to them being replaced. Stronger players = stronger town. I may change my mind on this later.

When does this game start.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Dude, relax. No one thought Sworddancer was scum. It was set up to have me killed and then a final three with a guaranteed townie being scum. Do you think of you, swiss, and gordito, any combination of the two wouldn't have voted for the other? I doubt it.

You need to drop the grudge and start on a clean slate. I'd like to hold hands with Swiss because I consider him the strongest player here that I can read well. If Swiss ends up being scum, it won't exactly be difficult to pick him out. If he's town, I really like how he doesn't let anyone get away with anything. He's not good at getting the RIGHT information, but he gets information flowing. Holding hands with him allows me to narrow my focus and get more accurate results early on.

It wouldn't be the case with adumbrodeus, since he tends to tunnel more. That's closer to what I do, so we'd overlap.

So seriously, drop the grudge act. It won't help anyone, and is inherently anti-town. You wanna watch me close? Go for it. I'd watch me close too. I'm hard to read as scum because half the time I want to get caught so my teammate won't be. That's not even going into the town gambit thing that adumbrodeus caught onto.

In other news, all of our replacements are really good replacements. I'm not sure how I feel about pressuing ACTUAL inactives this game. Pressuring inactives that just happen to post enough to be prodded is one thing, but those receiving multiple prods I wouldn't be opposed to them being replaced. Stronger players = stronger town. I may change my mind on this later.

Wall of text and the game has not even started...

Purple

Hi guys!
I'm -assuming- the game starts when everyone's confirmed.

*looks up*

if that's the case we're waiting on JoanBud and Vocal.

X1-12

Smash Champion

lol.........

Swiss

Smash Lord
EBWOP: Swiss how many games have you played? Mvp++ and you were just in Newbie 7 iirc; awesome stuff :'O
Been in a few. Developed fast. Won quite a bit.

What exactly is MVP++? Been MVP twice?

@ OS - That's what I want you to think. Or is it?

For what it's worth, I have no problem admitting I would have voted Gordito in 3 man Community LyLo. Scum outplayed us, I was too wrapped in up figuring everything about OS out that I didn't think to stamp him out. Doesn't matter if you know they're scum if you don't take all necessary action straight away. Should never have let Roxy die to confirm what I really already knew. I handed the game away when it was in my power to win it.

X1-12

Smash Champion
since we're on it, I think I was in a different boat to you, if swiss was NK'ed over sword, I would have immediately thought sword as scum, If gordito was killed I would have voted swiss though which would have lost it for us so meh W/e

Top Bottom