• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia All Stars: In the end, it was Nothing Special

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to Mafia All Stars!

Consider this a "best of" Mafia game: the roles in this game are adapted from previous games hosted here on SWF. You may assume that all such roles have been taken from games that have been made publicly available.

The following links may help new players become acquainted with the game:
Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games. How fitting.

Rules:

1. This is a game of Mafia. I am your game moderator, Kirby King. Please direct any questions you have about the game to me, either with the @mod: command in thread or via PM (if necessary).
2. At the beginning of the game, each player will receive a role PM. This role PM will contain information about your alignment, abilities (if any), and win condition. You win when and if you fulfill your win condition. The game ends when all win conditions have been resolved, one way or another.
3. Your role PM, like all private communication from the game moderator, is sacred. It may not be quoted publicly in the game thread, in whole or in part. Nor may you post metadata about mod communications, such as the time of day a PM was sent or the PM ID in the URL of a mod message you receive.
3a. Specifically for this game, this rule does not apply to any content that has already been posted publicly by the game moderator, or any role PMs that have already been posted publicly elsewhere prior to the game's commencement. You may repost those freely, but take care not to quote any information you not covered by this exception in the process.
4. Unless you are specifically told otherwise (via private mod communication), you may only talk about this game in this game thread. You may not communicate with others about this game anywhere other than in this game thread, whether those other people are playing, not playing, alive, or dead. This rule applies even if you are dead in the game. If you are dead in the game, you may not communicate with anyone, even if you could while you were alive. In addition, you may not post content outside the game thread and link to it in the game thread.
4a. If you are allowed to talk to others about the game outside of this thread, it is expected that all transcripts will be saved and sent to the game moderator.
5. You may not edit your posts. Do not attempt to post invisible text, as by changing the text color to resemble the page background. (Spoiler tags are allowed.) You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques. You must post in English.
6. This game consists of Day, Twilight, and Night phases. The game begins with Day 1.
7. Each Day, you may vote to lynch a player using the bolded vote command (vote: Virgilijus). You may unvote using the bolded unvote command. If you wish to move your vote from one player to another, you must unvote before casting your new vote. You may vote for "no lynch" if desired. The Day phase ends when a player (or no lynch) receives a majority of votes, or when a pre-set deadline is reached. If a deadline forces the end of the Day, no lynch takes place.
8. After the Day phase ends, the Twilight phase begins. All players may post during this phase, including the player who is to be lynched. The Twilight phase ends when the game moderator posts the lynch scene and officially begins the Night phase.
9. During the Night phase, no one may post in the game thread.
10. During Day phases, you are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will receive a prod. If you receive too many prods, you will be replaced or modkilled. If you know you will be away for more than 48 hours, please notify me in advance and you will not be prodded; if you are going to be gone for too long, however, I may replace or modkill you anyway.
11. Days will typically have a deadline 10 days after the Day begins. Nights will generally have a deadline 48 hours after the Night begins. Nights will only end early if (a) all actions have been submitted prior to the deadline, and (b) all players have been online since the Night phase began. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
12. Violators of these rules may be modkilled. It is expected that all players will avoid being modkilled regardless of how it might affect their or their faction's standing in the game. In the event of a modkill, the Day will typically end if the player being killed is town-aligned and continue otherwise. Deadline extensions and exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
13. All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.

Alive
5. X1-12 (The Ghostfaced Killer, TV-Allstar Mafia -- stalker, mafia)
17. Zεη (Manú River, Nothing Special Mafia -- doctor, mafia)

Dead
1. Marc (Russell Franklin, Samuel L. Jackson Mafia -- unknown one-post time bomb, town), died Day 1
14. Scamp replaces Xatres (Mafia roleblocker, Newbie Mafia 2 -- roleblocker, town), killed Night 1
12. J (?? -- ?? Triceratops, DINOMAFIA -- plant-eater, town), killed Night 1
6. giraffelasergun replaces BSL replaces GorditoBoy69 (Jill, Mafia Barhouse Sleepover -- janitor, mafia), lynched Day 2
16. Blue Yoshi (Ed Hicks, Tomafia -- plain citizen, town), killed NIght 2
3. frozenflame751 replaces vVv ChiboSempai (Gaston, Disney Mafia -- goon, mafia), killed Night 2
2. Gheb_01 (Shaq the Arsonist, Shaq Mafia -- arsonist, independent), lynched Day 3
9. mentosman8 (Volcano Taco, Taco Mafia -- shrink, town), killed NIght 3
15. SwordsRbroken (Hush, Batma(n)fia 2 -- vengeful doctor, town), lynched Day 4
13. Praxis (The guy from Memento, Totally Normal Mafia -- anterograde amnesiac, town), killed Night 4
7. Sephiroths Masamune (Hornet Man, MegaMafia -- watcher, town), killed Night 4
8. Macman (Bowser Jr., Mario Kart Mafia -- serial killer/tracker, independent), lynched Day 5
4. Overswarm (Shaq the Firefighter, Shaq Mafia -- firefighter, town), killed Night 5
18. Tandora replaces Ryker (The Burglar, Spider-Manifa -- mason leader, town), killed Night 5
10. Evil Eye replaces Nicholas1024 (Señor Chang, Community Mafia -- vanilla townie, town), killed in endgame
11. Lionel Luthor (Bomb, Bad Idea Mafia -- bomb, town), killed in endgame

Replacements

If you would like to be a replacement, PM me. Do not post in the thread if you are not playing.

Role PMs will be out shortly. When you receive your role PM, please confirm that you understand your role and have read and understand the game's rules via return PM. From this point forward, rule 4 is in effect! You may not talk about this game anywhere other than in this thread, unless your role PM specifically says otherwise.

You have 48 hours to confirm. After 48 hours, I will begin to look into replacing those who have not confirmed.

I will post again when Day 1 starts.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
BSL replaces GorditoBoy69.

frozenflame751 replaces vVv ChiboSempai.

A group of 18 gathers in a circle. There are a wide variety of characters here, as if some of them had come from different universes altogether. One in particular stands out, as he is wearing bunny ears.

Praxis has been made to look like a fool! Everyone is required to make a post making fun of Praxis!

Day 1 begins.

Day 1 Vote Count
No votes.

Not voting: Marc, Gheb_01, frozenflame751, Overswarm, X1-12, BSL, Sephiroths Masamune, Macman, mentosman8, Nicholas1024, Lionel Luther, J, Praxis, Xatres, SwordsRbroken, Blue Yoshi, Zεη, Ryker

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

The deadline is Thursday, November 4 at 11:59:59 PM.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Two wagons are just waiting for me to hop onto them...

Vote: Praxis

Don't wanna upset my bestest bud

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote: Marc

I'm still bitter :mad088:

also Praxis is a very silly person who we should just ignore.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Oh, didn't know this game was up. I hate it when I confirm via PM. I don't even remember my role.

*considers playing not knowing his role all game*

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Vote Count
Praxis (2): Gheb_01, X1-12
Overswarm (1): Sephiroths Masamune
Sephiroths Masamune (1): Nicholas1024
Marc (1): J

Not voting: Marc, frozenflame751, Overswarm, BSL, Macman, mentosman8, Lionel Luther, Praxis, Xatres, SwordsRbroken, Blue Yoshi, Zεη, Ryker

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I've played (well... played enough to be significant) Monster Island, Muppets, Code Geass, and Saints. I can't remember which game it was, but I do remember playing you in another game not Code Geass...

Anyways, there's not enough people on the BY wagon!!! :p

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I can't vote Blue Yoshi ;_; That ava is too sad.

OS, go read it >:U lol

uhhhhm where are the other people? Usually by now people are commenting on my activity. Where you all at?<3

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Not subscribing to the thread, because it was PM confirmation. They'll have to see it in the forums first.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol OS for someone who harps on "playing to your wincon to the best of your ability" so much, choosing to not read your role PM at all and play the game is pretty ironic in that respect lol.

lmao Praxis is soooooooo bad at posting on hydra accounts. Whaaaaat a scrub.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Checked my PM. Town. :(

Praxis: use two browsers. One to always be in a hydra, one for main account.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Vote Count
Praxis (2): Gheb_01, X1-12
Sephiroths Masamune (2): Nicholas1024, Overswarm
Overswarm (1): Sephiroths Masamune
Marc (1): J
Blue Yoshi (1): Blue Yoshi

Not voting: Marc, frozenflame751, BSL, Macman, mentosman8, Lionel Luther, Praxis, Xatres, SwordsRbroken, Zεη, Ryker

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Fine with Sephiroth lynch today. Seriously, this early I am.

Buddying me + light skimming early on = grrrr

Plus I kinda would like to see how a super aggro town would do.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
lmao Praxis is soooooooo bad at posting on hydra accounts. Whaaaaat a scrub.
Praxis: use two browsers. One to always be in a hydra, one for main account.

I have better; a FireFox extension, IETab, so I can right click on the tab I'm viewing, press one button, and I'm in my Hydra account. I just forget, cause I'm a bad Brawl scrub D:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Praxis plays brawl.

lol what a noob.

I think it only makes sense to vote for someone who enjoys playing brawl.

Vote: Blue Yoshi
Waaaaaait, were you the guy who Dr. Robotnik argued with about Yoshi's Neutral B and the Game & Watch matchup, like, a year ago on AiB? Or another person with the same avatar?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I guess I should make fun of you, since the mod told me to do so.

Uh... I'm normally much better at this. It's hard under pressure.

You're dumb and always die on the first day of mafia because people think it is funny.

There.

<Anyways>

Praxis, the mod just gave a hint about who your character is. How do you feel about that?

Top Bottom