• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Project Melee Version 4 Download - Update 7/31/12

nuro

Smash Lord

"This is the best and easiest way to get Project Melee on your wii."

[COLLAPSE="Log:"]
Gameplay Changes:

• Pokemon Stadium no longer transforms
  • Battlefield has better clip for grabbing ledges
  • Yoshi is replaced with the PAL version of Yoshi
  • Some Tournament Illegal Stages have been completely reworked

Non-Gameplay Changes:
4 Stock 8 Minutes is on by default
Tournament Mode Now Goes to the Debug Screen
C-Stick Works in Training and SinglePlayer modes (No longer camera control)

Important:
This is NTSC V1.0 (with pal Yoshi)

You can safely add your own hacks to this ISO. All songs listed are 14:02 long and the same file so they are interchangeable.

Some music for banned stages that SleepyK missed such as Onnet are now fixed. Other stages such as icicle mountain have had there music deleted to accommodate for space.

Portraits match 90%.

Hacks include Fox/Falco side-b/shine colors, new stage textures, character textures, etc.

Some of the single player files were deleted to make room for new multiplayer files. Single player may freeze due to the pause screen no longer having a hud.
[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Video"]
http://youtu.be/C-INEIcMJmg
[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Pictures"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
hssbm.rar is pretty damn close to it. I think the only hack on it is the silent spectre combo video replacing the opening.

there, i think. I used it to make various hacks I disliked back to original melee style so if that's what you want to use it for, it should be good enough. Just to make sure, though, download Dolphin http://www.dolphin-emu.com/downloads.php and see if hssbm has the original you desire.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
So hey

as far as I know we aren't allowed to post links to ISO's here.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
anyone wanna save me some google time and link me to a non-hacked v.1 iso?

yeah too bad we cant post roms and stuff because of pirating . If only there was some kind of site that was a PARADISE for EMULATORS.

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
The Purple Cube

Out of all the colors, the gamecube is purple

Like Fox and Falco and Marth are awesome though I think I am maining Captain Falcon awesum. No color Purple Falcon :(

ORG

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
i burned this several times on different disks with different programs, so i think it is something with my wii. i have the gamecube backup loader and my wii is hacked. i have no idea what could be the problem.

edit: is there a way to load the iso straight from an sd card?

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
hey so i just put the disc in the wii while i have an iso on an sd loaded in that thing and it will work? thats so much better than my other plan to swap the innards of my wii with someone who wasnt gonna hack.

nuro

Smash Lord
hey so i just put the disc in the wii while i have an iso on an sd loaded in that thing and it will work? thats so much better than my other plan to swap the innards of my wii with someone who wasnt gonna hack.

That thing can also work for gamecube i believe.

I recommend getting the disc to work. Did you try different types of DVDs?

Are you sure you have the correct CMOS on your wii and backup launcher works correctly?

What does the error look like?

also version 3 should be coming out soon.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
nuro does the latest one have the power ranger falcons?

also maybe you can help me with my problem.

i download one of ur isos and i burned the image.

popped it in and started up the launcher, but it gave me error 0x3023a00

which i read means disc is completly wrong (e.g. turn disc around, disc not burned, disc too small minimum ~1 GByte)

so idk

i burned it at 8x, but ppl said theyve done it at 16x

idk what it could be. the dvd was dvd-r

i ran the mios patcher and cios38

i dont get it

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
i think it has something to do with the black wii i have. anyways, why do you recommend getting the disc to work? money isn't a problem. Unless its going to be a pain in the *** to start the game everytime or unless the game would run slow or something, then I want to buy that thing. How would I set up the files on that thing also? Just put the iso there? And do I need any specific software?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
^

im gonna buy that lol

and yea please get the power rangers on that

itll be sick

GenocideMachine

Smash Cadet
2.1 is really good for the most part. Some of the textures that make the characters really dark and hard to see (I'm looking at you dark puff textures) aren't too great, though. Can't wait for 3.0 -- any eta? Also, does anyone know if you can run the game through the backup launcher (I'm using neogamma) AND run codes at the same time (gecko style)? I'd love to be able to have c-stick enabled for single player, and stuff like that.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I've had version 3 out for a while... it is just I can never upload it because megaupload is always giving me back errors when I try to upload it.
Try mediafire, also you should update the ISO if you have had it for a while.

nuro

Smash Lord
EDIT- Torrenting no longer needed.

Moderators please read->
I am linking a link to a link of a download. It is against the rules to link directly to a download but not to a link to a link to a download in the terms of agreement.

jedi093

Smash Cadet
glitchy

I've found that this crashes when you grab a Kirby.
ya and yoshi story's stage textures are all glitched up (reddish and white color) instead of the blue and purple.

nuro how can we fix this? plz help us. its an amazing hack btw :) except for the glitches :(.

I use kirby a lot thats why I'm complaining lol.

TheKid

Smash Rookie
Hey Just had A quick Question. Where can I find the Files to add my custom music hacks to change the victory music for certain characters? Thank you

nuro

Smash Lord
Kirby is glitched and Yoshi's is supposed to be that way (for good contrast). If you guys don't want to wait, then change the hack files to what you want.

If you don't know how to change hack files look at the tutorials in the original post.

I don't know how long it will be till I have the time to re-edit the ISO. The pack is primarily for people to be able to start with a big collection of hacks so they don't have to take the time to add most of the same hacks.

The reason it will take forever for me to fix the hacks is because I upload to megaupload and 9 times out of 10 they have an error with my upload.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Excuse me for my stupidity, but I haven't been able to find out any information about this project whatsoever. All I know is that it's texture changes and some music hacks, but other then that, what else is there? Is there a log of what was changed? Is there any change in the game mechanics? These questions would be nice if they were answered.

Rep

Smash Apprentice
It's a compilation of the latest texture hacks. From what I could tell, a changelog was not included in the download. It does not feature any gameplay changes from what I can tell. Certain characters have different sounds (peach, luigi, c-falcon, ganon, ness, and some others), and most levels have different music. Most levels have new textures, as well as a few stage hacks (non-changing pokemon stadium). That's about it.

nuro

Smash Lord
It's a compilation of the latest texture hacks. From what I could tell, a changelog was not included in the download. It does not feature any gameplay changes from what I can tell. Certain characters have different sounds (peach, luigi, c-falcon, ganon, ness, and some others), and most levels have different music. Most levels have new textures, as well as a few stage hacks (non-changing pokemon stadium). That's about it.
There are actually many more changes than that. When adding many hacks, it's hard to keep track of them all.

Btw, anyone want to request any hacks that go into the next version? I have most of milun's new stages. Debug/tournament mode, cstick single player...

Just try to request hacks that the mass majority of people would like.

Top Bottom