• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bear and Fish 11: Over. Everyone loses, Town loses a little less

SummonerAU

Smash Lord

^It's what you should be doing​

Welcome to Bear and Fish mafia. This game is exactly what is in the title, bears and fish. Make sure you read the rules or Mr Angry mod will drop a bear on you.

[collapse=Rules:]
1) Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others! (This includes personal attacks!)
¤You will receive a non-negotiable warning for your first offense and immediate forced replacement upon second offense.
1b) You must enjoy the game. Sorry, you have to.
¤Not enjoying the game will result in a sad mod ;_;
2) The game mod is the game god. However, if you feel the game god happens to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out.
3) Editing your posts is not allowed, and multi-posting is instead encouraged in its place. Any and all edits will be reversed!
4) If you are allowed to communicate with another player outside of this thread, then please follow the communication instructions within your role PM!
¤You will receive a warning for your first offense and immediate modkill upon second offense.
5) Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Moderator unless your role PM explicitly states you can (in which case follow the instructions in your role PM). You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words!
¤You will receive an immediate modkill upon this offense.
6) Once all role PMs have been sent, please confirm by quoting your role PM back to me along with your favourite three rules and your predicted availability during the period between December 24th and January 1st. Please do not post in-thread as confirmation. This thread will be unlocked once all players have confirmed.
7) All votes must follow the format of "Vote: NAME".
8) You are not required to unvote, however if you do, then please use the format of "Unvote:".
9) No Lynch is a valid vote target.
10) A lynch will occur when a majority of votes has been reached.
11) If a majority has not been reached, then No Lynch is forced as the lynch target.
12) A) Deadline for the Day Phase will equal a time of ten days.
12) B) Deadline for the Night Phase will equal a time of two days.
13) During any day phase a player may perform the command "Request: Deadline Extension". The deadline will be extended by 5 days if a majority of players perform this command. This can only be done once over the course of the game and the deadline will not be extended for any other reason.
16) After your death you are allowed to select one of the following as a final remark:
"bloop"
"rawr"
17) A) You are expected to maintain a healthy level of activity in this game. If you have pre-planned absence, then please notify the game mod ahead of time and you will not be prodded. However if your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
17) B) You will receive a prod every seventy-two hour period you do not post without note of V/LA
17) C) If you go for a period of seven days without posting or acknowledging prods, you will be replaced or modkilled at the moderators discretion.
17) D) The seven day grace period will be shortened by one day, to a minimum of three days, for every two prods you receive.
18) Failure to adhere to rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
19) Please avoid using HTML and coloured font in your posts. All colours used in this post are strictly forbidden for use as they are the colours the game moderator will be using.
20) You may ask questions to the game moderator using the command: "@Mod: ___".
21) Please do not post in code, hidden text.
22) You may not post screenshots [print screens] or anything resembling a screenshot [print screen]. These will be edited out by the Game Moderator immediately.
¤This offense will result in a warning or possible immediate modkill on a case to case basis.
23) Hydras may freely quote text logs of conversations, after all it's only the playerslot talking to itself.
24) You may not quote logs of communication with other players if your role PM allows you to communicate with other players outside of this thread. You are free to paraphrase.
¤This offense will result in an immediate modkill.
25) You are allowed to claim anti-town. However you are not allowed to claim anti-town and that another player is anti-town with you (either explicitly or implicitly).
¤This will result in an automatic loss for your faction and your name added to a blacklist for any game I host.
26) If you have an issue with any of these rules you may privately appeal for a rule's removal via PM.
27) You may privately notify me via PM if you feel another player has violated any rule.
29) Upon your death you will be given access to a Graveyard QuickTopic where you may communicate privately with other deceased players.
30) Any and all technical data (including PM ID#, Time Sent, etc...) is considering private information and cannot be quoted or referenced.
¤This offense will result in an immediate modkill.[/collapse]
[collapse=Sample role PM]
You are a bear! You're known as a vanilla townie in some places. You have only your bear hands and your fish catching skills to find the scum.

Wincon: You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
[/collapse]
Creatures still alive:
2. TigerWoods
3. X1-12
5. Swiss
8. ~The Savage Nymph~
Dead Animals:
Cello_Marl, Mafia Poisoner
-Dourin-x-, Vanilla Townie
Grump, Vanilla Townie
Ryunnosuke, Town Bear Grylls Poison Blocker

th3kuzinator, Immune Vanilla Townie
GiraffeLaserGun, Vanilla Townie
Nabe, Town Immune Polar Bear (Tracker)

There is a independent role called the 'Immuniser' in this game. Each night he can submit a target, and this player will be rendered immune to poison for the rest of the game. This does not cause an alignment change and the person will not be informed they are immune.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Will the bears be schooled or will the fish be caught bear-handed?

D1 begins. With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Votes:
No one is voting

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value=""http://www.youtube.com/v/k8VXlYhqWGw&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k8VXlYhqWGw&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Bears and Fish and Bears and Fish. 11.

Might as well drop the ruse early. J is rocking this account with his pal <3 She is a n00b so anyone not friendly and full of christmas freaking cheer towards her will deal with me when I get back. *looks at Cello/Swiss for their previous n00by roasts*

Vote: Cello_Marl

This is J and this is for DnD mafia. *strangles for such blatantly wrong reasoning*

@Tom: Hiiii! I haven't played a game with you before but I have played in your wicked FF7 mafia game and loved it to death. However I have not personally seen you play.

@Tiger: Omg ewww I have to play with YOU. bleck. (jk <33) Heyo Tiger dude. Are you going to be as evil and snaring as the wickedly lovely Sue-monster? If you are normal Tiger will you help my friendy out?

@X1-12: Hola X1. Dude can you help my friendy out if she gets in a pickle when i'm on V/LA? If not cool your mafia <3

@Grump: Heyo, never played a game with ya but your in that Newbie game iirc. Do you still consider yourself a newbie?

@Swiss: Domo-kun! <3 Be nice and i wonder if the rumor/tradition is still gonna keep on going. I told my friend to keep an eye on you. Will she listen or will you trick her? What will you do Swissy? Must I troll you more?

@Ryuun: Are you in the Mayling family? iirc you are. How would you describe your style to say Tandora's and Cello's? Like a compare/contrast. Would you lynch your brother if you had to? Would you be cold and kill him during the night? :D

@GLG: Hihi GLG. :D I wonder how this game will go altogether. How do you think it will? Will town have to lynch you? Are you scum?

@-Dourin-x-: Different name ;D When I vote for you if I ever have to can I put D-X-? Or do you have another nickname you prefer? We prefer Larxene for ours ;D

@Cello: Don't bully my friend >_<" and please don't use logic with such fallacies like DnD mafia for the love of Kingdom Hearts. Will I have to try and attempt and keep you in line this game? Also I think i've figured you out. >;3

@Acrostic: Bonjour! So your face seems pretty new to this area. How would you rank yourself in mafia? How many of these people do you know?

@Mod: Hiya :3 didn't wanna leave you out. Also can votes for Larxene count as votes to us? It's kindof what the entire username is about.

I.E: Unvote
Vote: Larxene

The J hand(right hand) of the Kunai wielding ***** of Organization XIII will not be on too much but me and her will be talking at school/txt so I will be in-mesh with her if that makes any sense WHATSOEVER. =D

Oh yea, we are going to be having TONS of fun on this account. Kindof like an alternate version of that daring Chuckie.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Tiger doesn't need to try and fit in. He is THAT awesome. Don't make me peg you with a kunai. They have just been sharpened >;3

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
@J I'm hoping this game either goes with a flawless town victory or a 3 man lylo because i enjoy seeing games close.

Are you the lightning dagger girl one?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
and yes GLG I am. Why do you like a close game? Explain the thrill you enjoy in a close game like the electricity that runs through me when I get to kill with my precious kunai <333

Also explain your word choice with the word flawless

Goes back offline for V/LA ;_;

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Its more fun to watch/play a game thats close then it is to completely crush someone isn't it?
And by flawless I mean no mislynches/misvigges etc.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I see who wears the pants in this hydrelationship. How would I rank myself? I dunno. I'd say I suck. How many of these people do I know? I know Tiger has that work-out thread where he likes to post pics of his abs. I know that you had to abandon like every mafia game because of real life circumstances. X1-12 and Swiss? I didn't think they were going to stay together after their horrible divorce. Grump doesn't know the difference between a squirrel and a bunny. Which means he probably grew up in Siberia or some other place where cute living things don't exist. I've only talked to Tom like once and that was it. So yeah.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
This is a dull opening. Needs more controversy.

@Tiger and Acrostic: Be my friend. And be each others' friends.

@Nymph: Vote Savage Nymph. You've not been scum in so long, you must be.

@S2: You're going to make me have to lynch you. Don't.

Dourin, would you rather lynch me or Tom? It's going to boil down to that I bet.

Ryu, vote with me or I won't treat you anymore and I won't get you a Christmas gift.

Swiss

Smash Lord
@ Larxene - If I were scum you'd be in LyLo with me as a mod confirmed townie. Assume I'm town, do what I say and don't troll me :3 Are you both posting in Yellow, will you be stating which of you is posting? Why reveal your identity only after you receive your role? I like.

@ Acrostic - Do you know Summoner well? How did you know this game was open? What's your strategy to avoid being killed N1?

@ Cello - This game I'm going to bus two scumbuddies and pin an indie. I am then going to fake claim miller. What will you do?

@ X1 - For the love of God not this game too, please. Regardless of results I will make you regret it.

@ GLG - I wasn't going to say anything to you. But you're voting me so I'm going to focus on you until you remove the vote. What is your plan going into this game? Who will you trust? Who can you get a read on quickly? Are you going to be deadweight here too? What are you changing about your previous play style to become useful?

@ Dourin, Tom, Tiger and Grump give me a very brief run down of your play style. Tom could probably skip that part and make an irrelevant post if he wants.

Ryunnosuke

Smash Rookie
vote TigerWoods

Voting Tiger for the OMGUS.

@J I'm a bit more laid back than Cello. Unfortunately, that makes me more of a follower than a leader when it comes to these games. ;_; So far, at least. This is only my third official forum game.

@Cello lolufish?

Grump

Smash Apprentice
@J: I'm not sure I was much of a newbie during my newbie game either, as I did so much reading up and familiarizing myself with the terms. I'm in that awkward stage where I think I know what I'm doing, but I probably don't >.>

@Acrostic: I actually had a couple of baby squirrels I was rehabilitating a month or two ago :p

@Swiss: I have no idea of my playstyle, this is only my 2nd game o.o Though I would like to think I'm very inquisitive to say the least....

vote: Swiss
Because I'm sure your arguments are going to have holes in them sooner or later.

See what I did thar :]

Swiss

Smash Lord
Depends on if you have a f*cked up winCon or not.

@ Grump - I swear you have no idea how many times I have seen each and every joke about my name >_>

LOL SWISS IZ CHEEZY

X1-12

Smash Champion
Depends on if you have a f*cked up winCon or not.

@ Grump - I swear you have no idea how many times I have seen each and every joke about my name >_>

LOL SWISS IZ CHEEZY
dude, its the same as yours..? check the QT

Herp-a-Derp

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
Dourin, would you rather lynch me or Tom? It's going to boil down to that I bet.
I'm not going to give an answer yet. I haven't played with either of you, and either one of you has made one post. I'd like to lynch whoever ends up looking the most scummy to me.

@-Dourin-x-: Different name ;D When I vote for you if I ever have to can I put D-X-? Or do you have another nickname you prefer? We prefer Larxene for ours ;D
Dou-x would be fine, it's also my tag online.
@ Dourin, Tom, Tiger and Grump give me a very brief run down of your play style. Tom could probably skip that part and make an irrelevant post if he wants.
Hmm, what can I say, I've only played one game before on another site. I went through a steam course of mafia and know how to play it in general, but I really can't say I have a "play style" after one game. I was sort of lost, but learned a lot after the game. I'm trying to stay alive while looking for other people to make slip-ups.

So hey everyone, I'm Dourin and this is my second game ever. I know how to play and what to look out for, but I'm by no means an amazing player.
I don't like throwing around my votes everywhere, and usually save them for when I feel comfortable voting someone. I also don't like to rush to the end of the day, and moreso lynch people within 3 days if we've been given 10.

On the other site we started with RVS, I see that's happening here, but you guys are also asking a lot of questions to each other. Is this what usually happens?

P.S. I'm in Europe, so my times zones differ from yours.

Its more fun to watch/play a game thats close then it is to completely crush someone isn't it?
And by flawless I mean no mislynches/misvigges etc.
Matter of opinion in my mind. However I do share your opinion in loving to see people squirm under the pressure of someone dieing to either safe your own life or kill your own life. Hoooooooowever Larxy does like crushing people she doesn't like into Castle Oblivion so....wait you want the game to go to LYLO instead of town just being able to win the game the easiest way possible? (correct me if I'm wrong) Misvigges? Explain this portion. Why did you not say doc protects during the night? Why did you not say NK? Why assume there is a vig?

I see who wears the pants in this hydrelationship. How would I rank myself? I dunno. I'd say I suck. How many of these people do I know? I know Tiger has that work-out thread where he likes to post pics of his abs. I know that you had to abandon like every mafia game because of real life circumstances. X1-12 and Swiss? I didn't think they were going to stay together after their horrible divorce. Grump doesn't know the difference between a squirrel and a bunny. Which means he probably grew up in Siberia or some other place where cute living things don't exist. I've only talked to Tom like once and that was it. So yeah.
Psh wearing pants? This hydra's a girl :awesome: anyways so your a bit of a pessimist in saying you suck and you know a total of 6 people and 5/6 in which you see to point out a possible flaw to make them seem a bit worse to anyone who doesn't know them. I.E. Tiggy being pretentious, X1-12/Swiss' marital problems, me having real life issues and Grump's incapabability to tell the difference between a squirrel and a bunny. (lol what?) Then Tom who you have talked to once. Where might that have been if you don't mind saying? Will Larxy have to pin a kunai in you to see you smile? Oh wait that just makes her smile more >:3 Your now Zexion because he is suuuuuuuch an emo and your fitting him atm.

This is a dull opening. Needs more controversy.

@Tiger and Acrostic: Be my friend. And be each others' friends.

@Nymph: Vote Savage Nymph. You've not been scum in so long, you must be.

@S2: You're going to make me have to lynch you. Don't.

Ryu, vote with me or I won't treat you anymore and I won't get you a Christmas gift.
Why does town need controversy? Silly Cello this makes no sense and if you say to scum-hunt ima hurt you. Trying to buddy and give ultimatums already *facepalm* OMGUS and just trying to get Larxy to throw a Kunai at you (trust us we would love throwing some at you however not until I have proof of you being scum). Sold2 isn't in this game.......

@ Larxene - If I were scum you'd be in LyLo with me as a mod confirmed townie. Assume I'm town, do what I say and don't troll me :3 Are you both posting in Yellow, will you be stating which of you is posting? Why reveal your identity only after you receive your role? I like.

@ GLG - I wasn't going to say anything to you. But you're voting me so I'm going to focus on you until you remove the vote.
Yesss you called us by the right name and were the first to do so. You get a punch in the face! :D Are you trying to breadcrumb a role? How about we do as each other says and work together? I won't troll you till you troll me. We should both be posting in Yellow because it is the best color in the freaking rainbow and it's Larxene's color. (The other half I have to teach to post in color so if some messages are in white, forgive.) OH yea another color will be Pink if J keeps being stupid and posting on his account. The reason I revealed my identity because 1.) it's mean to lie *but fuuuuun* and 2.) Xiivi had already put my name on the hydra account. (i requested not to have my name and now it's not there soo I just got unlucky is all lol)

@J I'm a bit more laid back than Cello. Unfortunately, that makes me more of a follower than a leader when it comes to these games. ;_; So far, at least. This is only my third official forum game.
How would you compare yourself to the lovely Tandora? So would that mean you would follow say either Me, Swiss, or Cello? Third official game. Cool that's that disgusting ape man Xaldin's number. He'd make a nice carpet...hmmm *goes to sharpen kunai*

@J: I'm not sure I was much of a newbie during my newbie game either, as I did so much reading up and familiarizing myself with the terms. I'm in that awkward stage where I think I know what I'm doing, but I probably don't >.>
Alright understandable. Who do you know in this game? What do you feel about mislynches? what do you think of no NKs? What would you think of two NKs? Let's test your terminology! What is the difference between Lovers and Neighbours? What does a Mayor do?

@Everyone: Refer to this account as Larxene. Do not refer to it as J if you think it is me posting. :mad: Refer to it as Larxene anyways. Or you can say #11 or XII or The queen of evil or Electric Evil or anything involving electricity and pain! :D

Dou-x would be fine, it's also my tag online.

Hmm, what can I say, I've only played one game before on another site. I went through a steam course of mafia and know how to play it in general, but I really can't say I have a "play style" after one game. I was sort of lost, but learned a lot after the game. I'm trying to stay alive while looking for other people to make slip-ups.

So hey everyone, I'm Dourin and this is my second game ever. I know how to play and what to look out for, but I'm by no means an amazing player.
I don't like throwing around my votes everywhere, and usually save them for when I feel comfortable voting someone. I also don't like to rush to the end of the day, and moreso lynch people within 3 days if we've been given 10.

On the other site we started with RVS, I see that's happening here, but you guys are also asking a lot of questions to each other. Is this what usually happens?

P.S. I'm in Europe, so my times zones differ from yours.
Dou-x then it is. Let's look at the bold part. Okay so you have an indie type of playstyle where you are trying to stay alive while looking for other people to make slip-ups....idk what I feel about this statement. Could just be bad wording but it seems like you have your own goal of surviving to the end by yourself and want to point out flaws in others to make them look worse.

1.) Congrats on being a n00b! ;D Yea I completely disregard the n00b-card however soooo don't pull it on me.
2.) Psh no one's amazing at this game except Larxene who is the best at everything. :awesome:
3.) We feel the same way with votes. Also would you rush the day if I said I saw let's say GLG visit the dead body last night and Swissy comes up saying he has a guilty verdict on GLG and GLG claimed VT? Would you be willing to end the day if everything pointed in the direction that GLG was scum? However I do love having more time to play during the day~
4.) Yes to your RVS question
5.) Europe <3 don't worry however. X1-12/Swiss are both in England and I think the mod is from Australia? (idk iirc it's not the states)

Oh yea, Larxy had another thought she forgot something.

Why are you happy J admitted to being a head of this drop-dead-gorgeous hydra? Also why would it matter which head is posting and why would you wanna know?

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
Well, I'm not of much use when I'm dead, so I'd rather try to stay alive to look for scum. I will point out flaws in people's play, but not as an attack to make them look worse. I'll only do that when I actually believe someone is not a bear.
I'll try not to pull the n00b card >_<.

On your hypothetical situation; No, that would exactly be the moment to wait as long as possible with a lynch. When someone is called out for scum, that's when slipups by themselves and their partners can happen. Ending the day early then, is without a doubt scummy to me.

Yeeees Dou-x you get a punch. I like your response to the scenario I presented. Also it has holes in it being Framer, Tailor, Lawyer, and other abilities that could make GLG alot worse in the present scenario AND it is just full of WIFOM plus your right in which we would get more info from him as to who their scum-buddies are and who they made connections too. *punches Dou-x*

Also I wasn't saying you were pulling the n00by card I am just warning you to not to because if you do. *shines Kunai* You get these instead of my fists ^^. However if your a VT sometimes dieing is the best way to get information because we learn and gather info from mis-lynches. It also protects the PRs we have. However I would rather not any townies die (derp).

What do you think about cop/doc/vig directs?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Oh yea, Larxy had another thought she forgot something.

Why are you happy J admitted to being a head of this drop-dead-gorgeous hydra? Also why would it matter which head is posting and why would you wanna know?
That should be obvious.

I'm not happy J admitted to it, though he is painfully easy to read - I'm happy that you openly said who you were after you received your role PM - it's openness that you could have easily stalled. As for me wanting to know who posted what - checking for consistency and honesty, J can post in Pink, the partner in Yellow. If you do not wish to do this feel free to bring it up with me.

Also - I don't want to hold your hand. You can follow me, and do what I do, and I can clear you that way - but me holding people's hands makes them think they're on an equal footing with me, and then they think that I must be bussing and buddying and try to lynch me. This goes to X1 as well.

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
I.E. Telling them to target a certain person during the night.
It can only be asked of them, but in the end it's up to them to decide how to spend the night. The power roles really have no one to trust but themselves or confirmed townies. The propositions of who to investigate however, can easily be made by scum and then be agreed upon by their partners and make it so most people agree with it (you don't want to fall behind on a good idea, do you?). Then you waste an investigate, and that's really a shame.

I'm not that much for directs, just suggestions.
Also - I don't want to hold your hand. You can follow me, and do what I do, and I can clear you that way - but me holding people's hands makes them think they're on an equal footing with me, and then they think that I must be bussing and buddying and try to lynch me. This goes to X1 as well.
Swiss, why would you clear a person for a following you? Also, isn't holding hands basically the same as buddying someone? (not in the case of new players, then I understand what you mean by holding hands.)

That should be obvious.

I'm not happy J admitted to it, though he is painfully easy to read - I'm happy that you openly said who you were after you received your role PM - it's openness that you could have easily stalled. As for me wanting to know who posted what - checking for consistency and honesty, J can post in Pink, the partner in Yellow. If you do not wish to do this feel free to bring it up with me.

Oh Swissy is getting a little demanding, good thing Larxy likes someone who talks to her rough ;). Both halfs of this hydra will continue to post in yellow for the remainder of the game. This is me bringing it up with you. How will you enforce making J post in pink?

J being easy to read is a true fact behind it. Have you ever been wrong in your reads on him? Explain. Are you confident enough in you reading him if you got a town read on him to keep in LYLO. How many of the other people in this game can you read as well?

*hits in face with glove* Never disrespect a lady by rejecting her hand. How do you plan on clearing your as I may put it "followers"? Why do you not wish to be held on the same footing as say Larxy and X1? Besides the reason you gave which is a bit weird in all honesty.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I don't clear people because they follow me, I often find it easier to read people that do. People with nothing to hide are then happy to work with me. Scum regularly shy away.

Holding hands is more a two way relationship, buddying is more one way.

It can only be asked of them, but in the end it's up to them to decide how to spend the night. The power roles really have no one to trust but themselves or confirmed townies. The propositions of who to investigate however, can easily be made by scum and then be agreed upon by their partners and make it so most people agree with it (you don't want to fall behind on a good idea, do you?). Then you waste an investigate, and that's really a shame.

I'm not that much for directs, just suggestions.

Swiss, why would you clear a person for a following you? Also, isn't holding hands basically the same as buddying someone? (not in the case of new players, then I understand what you mean by holding hands.)
Haha ninja'd my response on clearing followers. And I like your response to directs. I'm starting to like you more and more. You get another punch! ;D *punch*

I don't clear people because they follow me, I often find it easier to read people that do. People with nothing to hide are then happy to work with me. Scum regularly shy away.

Holding hands is more a two way relationship, buddying is more one way.
How do you find it easier? I'm happy to walk with ya for just reasoning. Not just cuz you said so. *tsk* Don't try and twist things Swissy dear. You also disregarded the question brought to you in being that what are you going to do now that I have said J is not posting in Pink?

Top Bottom