• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soul Calibur Mafia! Game Over! Town Wins!

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491

Soul Calibur Mafia

Welcome to Soul Calibur Mafia! Please read the rules below for what is expected of you in this game.

Fundamentals
1. Have fun and do not personally attack another player in an offensive manner.
2. Once you have died in the game, you are no longer allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever.
3. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5. Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
8. You may not post screenshots of any kind. These will be immediately edited out by the mod.
9. The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
10. Lime is my color. Using it will get you modkilled.
11. You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
12. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
13. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
14. This is a game of Mafia. I am your game moderator, Kirbyoshi. Please direct any questions you have about the game to me, either with the @mod: command in thread or via PM (if necessary). I will not answer questions in the public forum related to privately disseminated information.

Voting and Lynching
1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Virgilijus.
2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Eor.
3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
4. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. The Twilight phase ends when the game moderator posts the lynch scene and officially begins the Night phase.
5. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, the player with the greatest number of votes will be lynched. If there is a tie, the player who reached the highest number of votes first will be lynched.
6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.

Activity and Deadline
1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
2. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player.
3. Days will generally last 10 days.
4. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught. Note that Nights will only end early if all actions have been submitted prior to the deadline, and all players have been online since the Night phase began.

Game-specific
1. All roles are assigned entirely at random.
2. I do not confirm or deny the absence or presence of any Independent Role.
3. Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
4. I confirm there is a Town faction and there is at least one Mafia faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafia factions.
5. I confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public or private is strictly accurate.
6. All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.
7. Sample Role PM (Mod Note: I do not confirm the presence or absence of the role in the Sample Role PM):

[collapse=Sample Role PM]
Welcome to Soul Calibur Mafia, _______!

You are Yoshimitsu, Town Vigilante. Always ready to defend justice, you have resolved to put an end to Soul Edge, once and for all! At Night, you may PM me with the command Kill: [playername]. That player will die at the beginning of the next Day.

Alignment: You are town-aligned. You win when all servants of Soul Edge are dead.[/collapse]

Player List (bold=confirmed):
1. Swiss
2. Braig (J/leapfrogninja hydra) J
4. BoiledGoose (th3kuzinator/Luxor hydra) th3kuzinator
5. BSL
7. Zen
9. Clownbot

Dead:
6. Ranmaru (Maxi, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 1)

3. X1-12 (Sophitia, Mafia Godmother, lynched Day 2)
8. frozenflame751 (Siegfried, Town Cop, Killed Night 2)

Replacements:
1. Gheb_01
2. -Joey-

Events:
End of Day 1, Ranmaru is lynched
End of Day 2, X1-12 is lynched

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Lol, meant to post this before. Confirm when you get your role PM. They haven't gone out yet. But I like the enthusiasm J ;)

BoiledGoose

th3kuzinator|Luxor
And just from a quick scan of the roles, there could be jesters.

Man I hope there are jesters

@MOD, do we NEED to unvote before voting?

BoiledGoose

th3kuzinator|Luxor
Dont you love losing to a jester d1?

Thats MY favorite thing.

In a game of 9, I doubt there will be jesters. Still, most games confirm the absence of Jesters. Just something to think about.

BTW this is all Kuz. My other head (luxor) has never played a game of mafia before and thus may come off slightly confused/baseless at times. I will try to talk him through this as best I can without him playing up the newb card too much. I already know frozenflame is gonna be on my arse about that. Probably J too.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
@MOD, do we NEED to unvote before voting?
Yes. It makes my job ALOT easier, and it doesn't require too much effort on your part.

Zen said:
"I confirm that I have recieved my town role PM"
icwutudidthar. But seriously, I have little tolerance for blatant violations of rules. This is everyone's only warning. Next time someone breaks one of the rules, it WILL result in an immediate modkill.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Oh Gosh

*Zen comes to realization immidiately after posting. He had yet to read the rules and had completely looked over the fact that the game moderator was posting in lime. He was in the middle of something (playing SSBB) when he had confirmed and decided to do so then and read the rules later just in case he would not be able to do so later when everyone else had alread confirmed. However now he sees that was just silly*

Hmm, it looks like everyone else just thought I was being clever. *He thinks to himself* Maybe I should go along with it like I'm cool and isn't afraid of anything like I was trying to test how strict the mod will be during the game haha. But Nah, I don't want the mod to feel I would deliberately disrespect him as so. Maybe he will understand how I recently discovered the joy of lime green and was simply planning on using it coming into the game...

"@Mod: Sorry for that. I actually just didn't read the rules. I confirm that I have now fully read them. Is it possible you could use another mod color or are you dead set on lime? I was just really hoping to use that color for my posts o.o

*After apologizing to the game moderator, Zen decided to take a look over at the cast he will be playing with*

Oh man Swiss is in this game...that could be good or bad. Good if he is scum, because then we can simply policy lynch him. Bad if he is town, because then he will eventually have an aweful read on me :/ and he will have a town/scum X1 tunnel to back him up. But meh I shouldn't worry about that so much, maybe they will get it right this time and realize how town I am.

Braig should be interesting. I'm relieved I got town with J in this game, other wise I'd be dead scum before the game even started. J's other half is going to be difficult to read and so is J himself. I wonder if I will be able to use my aimmafia meta of him for this game ~.^ as my forum meta for him doesn't hold nearly enough ground for determining his alignment as I can with Swiss. The main thing I need to look out for with Braig is their activity level. If they go inactive, that will likely be because they are scum.

X1 in the game will be good for confirming my read on Swiss. And I will also be able to use Swiss to better my read on X1. The problem here will be if they are both scum. They work too well together as scumates. I need to get my read of them early on.

Another new player. The boiledgoose hydra should be pretty interesting. I'm already liking Kuz so far and the game hasn't started yet. I think I have a pretty good idea on how to read him. The only thing I hope is that he isn't too jokey during the game.

Speaking of jokey looks like we have bsl as well. I've seen some interesting moments in this guys scum play. His town play actually isn't much different than his scum play. Though I noticed he seemed to play quite well on Aim today. I hope that will carry over to here.

I know very little about Ranmaru, although I did read a bit of Mario Mafia. It should be interesting how his play compares this game.

Zen is so sexy just to be around. I'm glad he's in this game. Definitely makes things easier for me.

Erm FF is kind of a pain to work with, mainly because he's so arrogant. And he's probably going to dislike my play style. Just hope he's active. I think I'll start the day out on him.

Clownbot, I remember this guy from Cartoon Cartoons mafia. :o. I don't remember much, but I'm pretty sure he was scum that game. Might be worth while to go review his play there a bit some time.

Overall this looks like it should be a pretty easy game. The main concern is FF being scum and X1 being scum. FF is hard to read and is power player so it will be more difficult to get him caught if he is scum and just as difficult to get him lynched if Swiss and X1 don't see it. As for X1, he has a good way of screwing up town with his 2 steps ahead plotting. Actually it's the same for when he's town. And once he gets on an idea, it's hard to get him off.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
As forces line up on both sides, it is certain that the fate of the world hangs in the balance.

Soul Calibur and Soul Edge, two swords that have fought for control of the world since the beginning, are finally meeting to end the struggle. Once and for all. Since Soul Edge consumed the souls of most of its forces, it doesn’t have as many people backing it up as Soul Calibur does. But Soul Edge gives its servants incredible power and unlimited stamina. When those on Soul Calibur’s side have to rest, Soul Edge’s servants can kill someone else.

There’s something else.

Soul Edge has blinded everyone.

“Hahaha!” roars an unrecognizable voice from the darkness. “Now just try to defeat us!”

“Wait,” comes another voice, “we can’t just cut everyone down. Let’s decide to kill one person at a time, and see which legendary sword they serve.”

They decided to play the game of Mafia.

For real.

Votecount 1.0:
Swiss: (0)
Braig: (0)
X1-12: (0)
BoiledGoose: (0)
BSL: (0)
Ranmaru: (0)
Zen: (0)
frozenflame751: (0)
Clownbot: (0)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!
Day 1 begins! Deadline is January 8, 2011, at 11:00 AM EST!

X1-12

Smash Champion
guys should all note this:

5. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, the player with the greatest number of votes will be lynched.

Vote: Zen for buddying me

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yo so town let be sweet here and break the ****ing unlimited loss works losing streak we have goin' on.

Did some brief meta research and saw that recently, Zen (Castlevania, FF6) and theKuz (D&D, Newbie 10) have been rollin' around in scum wins moreso than the rest of the cast. That's if my half ***** research checks out at least.

But yeah that **** won't fly in this soon to be epic town sweep.

Either one of these wagons works for me but Zen called me arrogant. D=

Vote: Zen

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Confirming. I don't believe we should do a policy lynch at all. Although, we should be careful of Swiss's alignment, let's try to read him, ok?

Swiss

Smash Lord
J: You town? Good. Who here can you read? Will you hold my hand to LyLo regardless of my actions?

X1-12: Not this game either. Mmm. Maybe. Decide, but play it well as opposed to loud. For once, please. Learn.

BoiledGoose: Kuz.

Kuzz.

KUZZAIIII.

Vote Kuz

What's your game plan? Will you follow me? Do you expect any johns thanks to your partner? Will you be differentiating which of you is posting? How much more active will you be than a normal player?

BSL: Do you expect I'll have a solid read on your alignment by the end of D1? Will you be changing your play style at all? Who would your ideal scum buddies be?

Ranmaru: Same as BSL. But also talk about your experience with Kuz.

Zen: Are you going to play this game properly? Or be an MVP pusher? Do you think you'll have me pinned as town by the end of D1? If you were doc who would you policy protect?

frozenflame751: Tell me who you know here, who you can read, and give a brief explanation as to why.

Clownbot: Hello again. Remember me? Good. Has your play changed? I know your scum play, does this worry you? If I were scum could I use this against you? ho else here do you know? How experienced would you say you are?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Confirming. I don't believe we should do a policy lynch at all. Although, we should be careful of Swiss's alignment, let's try to read him, ok?
Why is it important to read my alignment over other people's? Will this take a concerted group effort?

If I were to admit I were scum in my next post, but promise to find the indie (there is one) by D2, upon which I could be lynched - would you agree to this?

Also, what would this say about my scumbuddy?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Soul Calibur Mafia: Day 1 Begins! DL 1/8@11 AM EST!

Sweet, everyone's confirmed.

Also, @Swiss: Unless you tell me otherwise, I will count that vote as a vote for BoiledGoose.

BoiledGoose

th3kuzinator|Luxor
Swiss:

Swiss
Swissssssss
SWISSSAIIIIIIIIIIII

Vote Swiss

Lynch whoever my scum mates tells me to. Oh right. Swiss, who you think we should NK toNight? I will follow you to the ends of the earth, my liege. I expect only a small portion of johns allotted to me due to obvious circumstances. We will not differentiate which one of us is posting and we will be posting in the same color...white.

X1-12:

hi thur. Thx for the advice after newbie 10. I will try to play a better scum game, this game ^_^. I love your fantastic idea of policy-lynching Swiss. A bus this early would never feel so satisfying.

BSL:

I know most of your play from aimMaf. Dont really know how to read you in forum, but I am confident we can be friends. Also, if you me n J make it to lylo, and J is a confirmed townie, I am confident he will make the right choice :)

Ranmaru:

Scum-buddies from newbie10 *brofistaayyy*

Because of this, and aimmaf, I can read you pretty well. If you can convince me you are town by the end of d1, wanna hold hands? *blush*

Zen:

Zen can read everything I say perfectly. I wont even talk to you this entire game. You probably already read me from those two sentances.

frozenflame751:

I only know of you from DnD, where your town play was quite excellent despite the fact of long lapses of inactivity. I hope to see the clean town sweep you talked about earlier, or maybe not because then I might lose :c

I am interested to hear your plan of action.

Clownbot:

Hi there. I have never played with you, or even heard of you for that matter. But I see you have red dice, so I already have respect for you. Wanna be best buds?

Braig:

Hiya J. You have gotten over your grudge from DnD, I have forgiven you, all is well. Let us rejoice and celebrate by eating those tasty sammichs I know you love making. Also, for what its worth, dont poison me :D

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
OMFG first page and so much scum already
lmao this this this

X1 you're on point today we should be friends I think.

Anyway, @ Swiss: I think I've played with everyone in this game sans Ranmaru at least once, so in that regard I technically "know" everyone except him in a mafia sense. As for who I can read, I've barely played in any games with the people in here. Probably the people I have the most experience with would be like you and Zen? Regardless it doesn't really matter, I'm terrible at meta with few exceptions. I don't read players, I just read actions plain and simple. I don't have any expertise reading specific players with few exceptions, and none of those players are in this game anyway.

@ Mod: Not to impose but I would recommend being very strict when it comes to voting for players. Like, you shouldn't be encouraging people to treat Hydras as anything other than a hydra, and saying its ok to vote for just a part of the hydra and have it count as a vote on the hydra is doing just that. Just for the sake of clarity, it should be required that you vote for the official player that occupies the playslot in the OP. Not that you have to do that, but I think it makes sense principally and practically.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I'm down so long as its not legally binding

some more stuff..

@Kuz: Don't try to convert meta from AIM to forum

@J: Tell us where your head is at regarding Swiss' #26 and Kuz's #31. If you think nothing of it then start thinking about parrots, then read them again

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Kuz, maybe you should try buddying less people.

What's wrong with zen being able to read you? I mean, if you're town, then that would be pretty good, I would assume.

Ok, let's see... Who asked me questions again? Ok.

X1: I'd rather not lynch Swiss on policy unless no one appears scummy. A last resort lynch. But I'm not opposed to it.

Swiss: Yes. I hope you can read me. If by changing my playstyle, you mean trying something new, no. I'll be playin this game normally. Ideal scumbuddies? You and zen. You, because you're amazing (xD) but seriously, you're good as scum. And zen is too, as far as I can tell.

Oh yeah, kuz again, I hate your answer to X1's question so much.

vote: kuz

That isn't really RVS.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I mean... Vote: boiledgoose

FF has a good point. Also, we need to stop calling them J and Kuz.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Forgot one more thing.

@mod: is the blind thing purely flavor? Will it have any influence on flips or any other game mechanic?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
@frozen: Thanks for the advice. Swiss' vote still counts, but from now on, any vote for J, LFN, kuz, or Luxor will not count.

@BSL: Yes, it's purely flavor. It basically means you can't tell who is which character.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why did you answer this question?
I wanted to give my opinion out about policy lynching someone who we don't know is town or scum. Or would you rather not hear from me? Also, why did you only ask BSL and BoiledGoose about policy lynching Swiss, X1?

This question isn't concerning a behavior done by another or statement said by another, so it's just fine to answer.

Why is it important to read my alignment over other people's? Will this take a concerted group effort?

If I were to admit I were scum in my next post, but promise to find the indie (there is one) by D2, upon which I could be lynched - would you agree to this?

Also, what would this say about my scumbuddy?
Well, I would rather read your alignment before deciding to vote you if ever. I think policy lynching might be pointless. Group effort? I guess so, wouldn't hurt to talk to others about it. Team work.

But what if you weren't? Why would you ask that then?

Ok, I'm not sure about how serious a threat indies are, so I'd rather confer with others before deciding IF that were a possibility.

Although, it isn't important to read your alignment over anyone elses, because that would be the same as policy lynching you. I'm against that. (Well, focusing on you would imply that we might be using meta against you Oh he may be scum again, while policy lynching wouldn't be something of focus, but it would be done in the sense of He's always scum, lets lynch him just in case he is scum this time, So it would be done to get you out of the way, and that's just dumb. No fun in that, no challenge.)

It's just more important to READ someone, then POLICY LYNCH them.

I'm not sure, can you clarify that last question please? (Does this relate to your second question?)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP

So, when I answered X1's question, I meant that we should read Swiss INSTEAD OF policy lynching him. :3

Swiss: I like me some cheese.
Braig: Whoo sup J and other head with J. :3
X1-12: Eh, ask me some questions to, will ya? :3
BoiledGoose: Yup, sure depending on your alignment as well. <3
BSL: Sup dude.
Ranmaru: Ya, you can do this.
Zen: Ya, I don't think my win in mario mafia is much though, town did make some mistakes there.
frozenflame751: I haven't played you much either, but nice username. :p
Clownbot: Sup dude, seen you around the forum games. Where you at son?

Hmmm, so it seems i'm not so good at starting conversation with everyone here. Lets see...

@BoiledGooseKUZHEAD: So you seem to be buddying Swiss so early in the game? Lol. You and your gambits. I haven't seen you use a gambit as town, but I may need to see more of your town play. BROFISTAYYYY :3

@Swiss: Well, I wouldn't know about your own ability to read me, by D1. But, I'm sure you can, but I don't think you will have a problem trying to read me. If you do, it's no biggie. Also, I'm not sure if I have generate much of a playstyle to be able to choose a tailored playstyle for whichever alignment I would be, but I'm sure it would be a bit different. Do you depend on this?

Top Bottom