• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doctor Who Mafia: Night 1 Begins! Deadline is set for the 31th at 0400.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Rules:

1. I AdumbroDeus am the lord thy mod and Xiivi is my comod. Our decisions are final. That said, if you think we made a mistake, feel free to point it out. Minor errors may be pointed out in-thread. Errors that involve privileged information may exist and must be pointed out via PM.
  2. Unless your role states otherwise, no communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread. That includes communication with living players, dead players, and non-players. Any communication with any of these groups will result in an immediate modkill. This includes merely dumping role information, reads, or other things without analysis.
  3. No revealing a mod PM, or faking a revealed mod PM (including pictures). Not even partial revealing. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
  4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
  5. All votes must follow the following format, "Vote: [complete playername here]" and be bolded. Formatting that isn't visible will be ignored. Unvoting is not necessary before revoting.
  6. A lynch will occur when a majority has been reached. Day will end with a lynch.
  7. You may vote for a 'no lynch' if desired. If deadline hits and no player has the majority of votes, there will be a no lynch.
  8. Once you are dead, you are allowed one "bah" post. Bah posts may not include game specific information unless stated otherwise in your role pm.
  9. Dead players are ineligible to be targets of night actions unless otherwise stated in your role PM.
  10. You must post at least once every 72 hours. Failure to do so will result in a prod. Three prods may result in a forced replacement at the moderator's discretion. If there are no replacements, you will be modkilled.
  11. Modkill will end day if you are town-aligned. Strategic mod-killing is a legitimate strategy and will be allowed, though compromising slots that are not your own may result in forced replacements/additional modkills. However forcing a modkill without a strategic purpose may result in blacklisting.
  12. There may be legitimate strategic reasons to claim anti-town with a partner. However doing so without a valid strategic reason that you can explain to the moderator may result in blacklisting.
  13. If you are allowed to communicate with another player outside of the game, the communications cannot be quoted, only paraphrased.
  14. Do not type in Gold unless you are addressing the moderator.
  15. SWF staff (people borrowing SWF staffs' accounts for any reason) are explicitly forbidden from utilizing those powers to find out any information about any player in the game that's inaccessible to a normal user. This includes normal information about users that set themselves as invisible.
  16. In any conflicts between your role pm and these rules, your role pm overrides these rules.
  17. ALWAYS post on your hydra. If you accidentally post outside of your hydra you MUST quote the post from your hydra account so it shows up on your hydra account when searching.

Notes:
  1. This ruleset is intended to be used in all my games, and as such may include rules designed for roles that do not appear in this game. Attempting to figure out the setup based on the unusual rules/unusually harsh variations of normal rules will result in laughter from the game mod.
  2. Any non-standard roles will be accompanied by a brief explanation of what they do on flip so players will actually gain information in a flip approximately equivalent to when a standard role flips.
  3. NA priority is considered public information and will follow natural action resolution. Feel free to request any NA resolution priority, and they will be answered regardless of whether or not the roles exist in the game.
  4. There will be no deadline extensions unless specifically granted by the mod. Days will last 12 days or until a lynch approximately; Nights will last 3 days approximately. I may add to this in order to prevent deadlines from occurring on the weekends. A night will be accelerated if requested by all living players including players without powers. Twilight will last a minimum of 24 hours.
  5. All deadlines will be written using a 24 hour clock (ex. 4 pm will be written as 16:00). Furthermore all times will be Eastern Standard time.
  6. Attempting to metagame based on flavor will be laughed at, all roles/flavor/etc while detailed has been written specifically so it could apply regardless of who is town/scum. Flavor scenes will be written based on day activity, and will incorporate hammerers as a policy.
  7. Though the majority of PRs uses one formula, not all PRs will necessarily follow this formula, as such, don't make assumptions.
  8. I am not Overswarm, as such my games will emphasize smart day play and scumhunting.

Playerlist:
1. The Pink Sasquatch
2. Smargaret
3. Tandora
4. Peach Monster
5. Hilt
6. Dark Yoshi
7. DEHF
8. Hidajiremi
9. Gheb_01
10. July
11. Chuckie
12. Teryble Doom~
13. Kuzmaru
14. Dr. Riddler
15. FrozenFlame751
16. Swiss
17. rPSI
18. Pythag

Alive:

1. The Pink Sasquatch
2. Smargaret
3. Tandora
4. Peach Monster
5. Hilt
6. Dark Yoshi
7. DEHF
8. Hidajiremi
9. Gheb_01
10. July
11. Chuckie
12. Teryble Doom~
13. Kuzmaru
14. Dr. Riddler
16. Swiss
17. rPSI Nabe
18. Pythag

Dead:

15. FrozenFlame751 (Frobisher, Town Ghost)

-Replacements-
1. Sir Bedevere

Sample role pm:

Hello and welcome to Dr. Who Mafia playername, you are Ben Jackson , you are... (extensive history of the character follows)

You are a normal companion , with nothing but your witts and your vote to make a difference.

You are doctor aligned and win when all threats to the doctor and his companions are eliminated.

Sample PR pm:

Hello and welcome to Dr. Who Mafia playername, you are Captain Jack , you are... (extensive history of the character follows)

The doctor gave you a [device name here], which can detect if somebody has a weapon, as such you are a gunsmith, and may use the following action each night:

check: [insert playername here]

If successful, you will be told if target player is a killing role.

You are doctor aligned and win when all threats to the doctor and his companions are eliminated.

smargaret

Smash Rookie
/confirm

I disagree about distinguishing hydra heads by color; it sort of defeats the purpose of hydra-ing.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
/confirm wii have received our role pm. Though our sexier half knows ab-so-lutely nothing about doctor who.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Confirming for dark horse
Dark Horse is required to post on his account to confirm (as well as send a PM confirming his role) since Hydras are required to confirm in both PM and post in thread as all accounts within the hydra.

/confirm wii have received our role pm. Though our sexier half knows ab-so-lutely nothing about doctor who.

Remember to also make sure both your halves confirm via PM and post in thread. Also, I thought Kata was the sexier half...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The SEXIEST half has arrived.

/confirming

:chuckle:
Obviously not the smartest half... (j/k kata)

Confirm through your main account, I want all relevant accounts to have made a post in the thread so everyone's subscribed and have PM'd me explaining their role so there's no "partner doesn't know alignment" shenanigans.

Gonna add list to the OP.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Confirming from my profile too justin case.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Oh also: Big fat request at everyone here. Wii're accepting small donations because we want one of theeeeese:

smargaret

Smash Rookie
I played in a game where Head 1 said "Player X is obvscum!" and Head 2 posted shortly thereafter saying "I have no idea what Head 1 is on, Player X is obvtown." The ensuing argument effectively shut down the game. Hydras are one player and should be played as such - distinguishing heads by colors means you have two players, not one.

It's generally fairly easy to figure out who's who by tone anyway; why do you need to post in two different colors?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
/confirm

I'll be posting in lime no matter what bad dreams smarg has had about hydras (go read the Social thread).

Top Bottom