• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia Vol. 3 - Ovah!?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
[collapse="The Rules"]
  • There are no votes and no lynches - days end only after a daykill.
  • After a day ends there will be a regular night phase of 48 hours.
  • Days have no deadlines unless inactivity becomes a problem.
  • Don't talk about the game outside of the thread or you will be modkilled.
  • You may only communicate outside of the game if the role PM specifies so.
  • Editing your posts is not allowed - you will receive a warning if you do.
  • Failing to post at least once within 48 hours will get you a warning.
  • 2 warnings will result in a modkill or a replacement.
  • Be nice to other players and don't insult them!
  • You may only post in english and only use visible text.
  • No more posting once you are dead except one "Go town/scum" post.
  • You may not post any metadata in an attempt to break the game or screenshots.
  • Failure to send in your night action will result in no action being taken.
  • Any question may be directed to me with the "@mod" command.
  • Mod kills end the day only if the killed player is town aligned.
  • You're not allowed to fake a daykill or post the "daykill" command if you don't have that ability - immediate modkill is the consequence!
[/collapse]

[collapse="The Roles"]
Townie (6 players)

You possess the ability to day kill any player except yourself at any time during the day by simply posting Daykill: <player> in any of your posts. That person will be removed from the game and the game will proceed to night phase. You may use this ability as many times as you'd like throughout the game, however, for every person you have daykilled in the game, you will be subject to a 24 hour "cooldown" period at the start of each in-game day, during which you will be unable to daykill anyone. Tthis effect DOES STACK and will NEVER go away.

You win when the mafia has been completely eliminated.
Cop (2 players)

You are a town cop. You possess the ability to investigate one player per night and learn their alignment. This ability will never fail (unless you die that night) and is guaranteed to give accurate results with the exception of the result you will receive if you investigate the Godfather. He will appear to be town alligned.

Bomb (2 players)

You are a living bomb. The mafia strapped some explosive devices to your body while you slept at some point. These devices are well hidden under your clothes and are very sensitive. If you are daykilled, you will cause an explosion that will randomly kill one other town aligned player who is not also a bomb. This will not happen if you are nightkilled.

Mafia Goon (1 player)

You are the mafia Goon

You win when the mafia achieves a mathematical parity with the town such that the logical result of the game's procession would be an elimination of the town. Your fellow goons are X, Y and your Godfather is Z. You may communicate with each other at any time during the game outside of the thread using this quicktopic: <link>.
Godfather (1 player)

You are the leader of the mafia that is trying to subvert this town of armed maniacs and rise to power. You will appear to be town if ever investigated by a cop.

You win when the mafia achieves a mathematical parity with the town such that the logical result of the game's procession would be an elimination of the town. Your fellow goons are X, Y and Z. You may communicate with each other at any time during the game outside of the thread using this quicktopic: <link>.
Mafia Assassin (1 player)

You are the mafia Assassin. You possess the ability to day kill any player except yourself at any time during the day by simply posting Daykill: <player> in any of your posts. That person will be removed from the game and the game will proceed to night phase. You may use this ability as many times as you'd like throughout the game, however, for every person you have daykilled in the game, you will be subject to a 24 hour "cooldown" period at the start of each in-game day, during which you will be unable to daykill anyone. Tthis effect DOES STACK and will NEVER go away.

You win when the mafia achieves a mathematical parity with the town such that the logical result of the game's procession would be an elimination of the town. Your fellow goons are X, Y and your Godfather is Z. You may communicate with each other at any time during the game outside of the thread using this quicktopic: <link>.
[/collapse]

[collapse="The Players"]
  1. Omni
  2. Swiss
  3. Nicholas
  4. Tandora

BilboBaggins, Bomb, daykilled D1
    Rockin, Cop, caught in explosion D1
    KevinM, Townie, killed N1
    t3hkuzinator, Townie, daykilled D2
    Chuckie, Bomb, killed N2
    Zen, Mafia Godfather, daykilled D3
    Macman, Mafia Goon, daykilled D4
    Nix, Cop, killed M4
    Gordito, Mafia Assassin, daykilled D5
    ---
    Replacements:

-Gordito
    -J

If you want to be a replacement shoot me a PM.
[/collapse]

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Tandora has confirmed herself via AIM, which means that all players are ready now.

Day 1 starts!

Swiss

Smash Lord
If anyone does the daykill joke (which I was gonna do) I'mma be so mad. And by mad I mean shoot you.

Shoot before the pseudo hammer is cast and you're the scum assassin. You get shot the next day. No exceptions. Ever.

Crumb bomb and you get shot. Don't crumb ****.

Anyone got a problem with this? No? Good.

Chuckie - uscum? Must be.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
God I had a horrible day today, got caught for speeding and the cop pulled me over and lectured me for 15 minutes on how my generation is ruining everything.

O hai Swiss :awesome:

What do you think of a voting system? As in, we all psuedo vote and people tally it up. Should we do that or should we just say who we think should be shot?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
@Omni: Hi you. Have you played with Swiss before?

@Swiss: So scummy it hurts. If I shot the next person to post apart from you or myself, would you shoot me as soon as the day started tomorrow?

@Frozen/Riddle? Friddle? Rozen? Rozen Rame? Do you guys plan to be active this game? Hydra alliance?

@Ronike: Don't think we've played before except that lulzy Dgames game as scum. Who out of this player list can you read the best?

@KevinM: Are you the godfather? If you could pick one player to shoot within 24 hours of the game starting (and thus be 10/11 chance cleared) who would it be.

@Mentos: Sup, can't recall if we've played games together. Who can you read the best out of this cast?

@Rockin: Sup, can't recall if we've played games together. Who can you read the best out of this cast?

@Nich: Haven't seen you play in soooo long, or talked to you about maths for that matter. What's doing?

@Chibo: Get cop blocked all game rofl!

@Zen: Lets be friends

@Tan: You too

@Sold2: Stop eating dunkaroos rofl. And we haven't played together since Mayfia, how exciting!

Swiss

Smash Lord
Why does it have to be a question? Are you eager for questions to be asked to you? Clearly you are. Why is this?

Briefly expand on the other points you surely have, and comment on what you think about the pseudo voting system already suggested.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
im playin lazy this game so dont be surprised by the change of playstyle

Ronike

Smash Ace
Outta this cast, I can prolly read Rockin and FF portion of Friddle the best.

Swiss

Smash Lord
im playin lazy this game so dont be surprised by the change of playstyle
Did you make any mention of this before the game started? If not, why did you wait until after the roles were sent out? Do you agree that a scum player could easily wave his hand and use it as an excuse? Do you think your 'laziness' will have an impact on your ability to play in a way which is useful to town?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Gheb, dude, no flavor? ugh, this game already sucks...LOL jk

@Rockin: Sup, can't recall if we've played games together. Who can you read the best out of this cast?
We played together in a few games. Tom's FF remix was one of them. We also played the last BIM game where you guys were scum.

I can say I can read Mentos the best.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Did you make any mention of this before the game started? If not, why did you wait until after the roles were sent out? Do you agree that a scum player could easily wave his hand and use it as an excuse? Do you think your 'laziness' will have an impact on your ability to play in a way which is useful to town?
no
no reason. just played out that way.
yes
no

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I disagree with the psuedo vote system.

I will shoot if I think I know better then the town on something.

Bombs better be good players because if you give **** away you're just costing us the game.

shooting someone just because they shoot is a pretty good cover for the assassin, and I don't like Swiss's attempt at bullying the mechanics already.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Keep in mind this doesn't mean I won't discuss things or follow the system, but if you're lynching someone and I think you're a bunch of sheep following the wrong trail, I'm blasting the wolf before you all jump off the cliff.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I was under the impression quickhammers cost town the game last time. If they did not ignore me.

But they did. I read up.

You brush what I say aside by saying I was 'bullying the mechanics' - what does this mean? Why is it not a good thing? Is working as a team not far more useful than working solo? Is scum's power not far reduced if we do not allow quickshots? It is. Why would we go against this?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Double post, I just had a thought.

If a vanilla townie is going to be "lynched", as in a planned day kill, should the lynchee shoot? It wouldn't discriminate them from the scum assassin, but it would be a vig shot from someone who knows their own alignment. I mean that the townie knows that he's a townie, basically. Or should a vanilla just lie down and take the lynch shot, so we can confirm their alignment through death?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
If anyone does the daykill joke (which I was gonna do) I'mma be so mad. And by mad I mean shoot you.

Shoot before the pseudo hammer is cast and you're the scum assassin. You get shot the next day. No exceptions. Ever.

Crumb bomb and you get shot. Don't crumb ****.

Anyone got a problem with this? No? Good.

Chuckie - uscum? Must be.
I agree with this 100%! Town has been totally WASTED by idiot townies who think they know what's best for town going out and shooting on their own. In fact, if Swiss doesn't shoot the offender for such a move, then I will.

@Chibo
I don't think it's been tried.

@KevinM
Blast the wolf before we jump off the trail? Similar to what you did in the original Bad Idea Mafia where your out-of-nowhere shot cost us any chance whatsoever at winning?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Some misc stuff I forgot:

@Chuckie
Not too terribly much going on, really. In accordance with recent criticism, I'm going to try to avoid tunneling like I have in the past.

@Swiss
One thing I forgot to ask, why were you going to do the daykill joke, and what changed your mind?

Swiss

Smash Lord
^ I said I would shoot Kat as soon as the game started in a skype chat with some of Dgames, but then I got a scum role bomb role cop role PM so had to find an excuse as to why I wasn't going to shoot him. The guise of pro town actions seemed pretty ace.

You're town, right? Cool.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@Nicholas, My out of no where shot was moreso boredom with that game then anything else..

It was a good concept ruined, and I figured I had a shot at turning the already failing game around.

Are you going to Meta this entire game and be useless or what this time?

Swiss, thought you said you didn't want people claiming/crumbing etc. Why the one liner about you being scumrole etc? Feel like playing anti-town again, it always works so well for you right?

Top Bottom