• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.0 - Radiant Dawn of a New Era

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
My question: Does Ike have any changes in the upcoming 3.0 version? I know that there were a lot of minor things not advertised in the trailer that I only picked up on by ghosting around these boards, like Snake's new Side B (thank hell, Nikita let him edge-guard far too easily) and Ganon's modified aerials. So is 2.6b Ike the final version or did he merit some revisions?

Commander

Smash Ace
Wait for the patch notes and the full release. I saw an Ike on a 3.0 stream once but they sucked so there was nothing I could see that seemed different.

SnazzyPierre

Smash Rookie
Does Ike still have his Quick Draw OHKO? I've not been able to do it in 3.0, so I'm assuming not.

SnazzyPierre

Smash Rookie
How do you do it then? I don't understand. I've spammed buttons on full charges. And are there any other non-jump cancel Quick Draw Ike-specific techniques I should know about? Canceling Eruption? Hold Eruption Charge? Aether Jack Slap? Saltine Exploder?

br8k

Coolkid
Hold side-b until it goes off on its own (or release just before it would), when you press B, he'll swing, and you'll see a little bubble/spark effect pop behind him belatedly. That's the hitbox, so you can see how close you were to hitting with it.

"Spamming buttons" is never really the way to go, except when you need to mash out of a grab.

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
Hold side-b until it goes off on its own (or release just before it would), when you press B, he'll swing, and you'll see a little bubble/spark effect pop behind him belatedly. That's the hitbox, so you can see how close you were to hitting with it.

"Spamming buttons" is never really the way to go, except when you need to mash out of a grab.
If you go to training and slow it down to 1/4th speed , hit B while you're passing through the opponent. It'll OHKO every time.

HOWEVER!
I can't seem to OHKO Game and Watch.
Does he have a weird skeleton or something?
My timing seems right as the bubble appears inside him or else hits him...

SnazzyPierre

Smash Rookie

I know, but I was trying to figure out what to do and figured there was no frame punishment for pushing buttons (because honestly, outside of teching, how many times does that appear in the game?) rapidly, and you know the old game saying: "If you can't figure it out, button mash!"
Thanks, though! I do appreciate it.

Top Bottom