• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3-D Levels?

hectichobo

Smash Ace
3-D levels? Does anyone think smash would be better with some 3-D Levels... Like walking around in a Metal Gear Game... Instead of walking around in a 2-D World... Idk but i think it would add some pazaz to the game...:confused:

IllidR

Smash Champion
I really don't like this idea. The whole thing that makes smash great is fighting in a 2-D stage with the characters. It would ruin smash most likely and make it like tons of other fighting games instead of keeping it's unique touch.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
This ain't DOA f00! This is smash bros!
Even in DOA it was limited. I also think it would be a bad idea. Part of the game is this 2D-ishness, so it would take away some of its original gameplay and since SSB and SSBM were 2D, this is rather self-explanatory.

danroks

Smash Cadet
it wud be good for like target challenge or or the one on melee where u run to the door thats flashing but not good in battles

hectichobo

Smash Ace
No im just saying like mabey 2 3-d levels or mabey just 1 or 2 in adventure... Like a grab the coin kind of thing... Like in Mario Sunshine how you grab the red coins.... Like you could do that on adventure.... I'm not saying i would like to play on it all the time... I'm just saying mabey 1 out of the ordinary level... I think it's an okay idea...

And if you play it on V.S. mode it can split the screen if you traval to far away from your aponent...

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
no..........
They would have to completely re work the game for a couple of dumb levels. really bad idea

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
no..........
They would have to completely re work the game for a couple of dumb levels. really bad idea
Good point. In terms of actually coding and creating it it would be a lot of extra work. I mean If it'd be easy for them to do they might consider such a thing for a stage or two for 1p mode but it won't be. It'd probably waste a lot of time and more and, most importantly, cause us to wait even LONGER for brawl! :scared: OMG ITS TOO HORRIBLE!!!!

Arteen

Smash Lord
If I wanted to play a 3D fighter with lots of items and zany characters, I'd play Power Stone. Like everyone has said, if the team had to implement the gameplay into 3D, they might as well make a whole new game.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Realistic fighters such as Tekken, SC, and Doa are better with the 3d field. Fighters built for speed i.e. guilty gear, smash, and marvel vs. capcom, are built for 2d enviornments. You already have enough to worry about in speed fighters it would be pointless to add the prior enviornment.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Super Smash Brothers in 3D is like eating your cereal with mud instead of milk.

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
With the way that Smashbros is designed around knocking out your opponent and jumping, no. I did have a dream about it though, with the Break the Targets SSB music playing in the background. It could work, but in more of a changing-angles type of context(think of Corneria&Vector).

Pieman0920

Smash Master
If Smash Bros was 3D, anything that could make it a good game would make it....well not Smash Bros. The emphasis on environment would have to be toned down, as all characters would have to stay on the screen. Knocking characters out of the arena would also have to go, as the camera angles that would be required in a environment like that would screw the game up to much. Jumping would be limited, several other things as well.

Top Bottom