• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3 Vids of my Diddy. Any tips?

Mercury

Smash Apprentice
if they are very close to the platform but below you, you might wanna try to Dair spike them, it takes a little practice to time it but not that much. if you are just waiting for them (or they are stalling somehow), and they are forced to try to recover from directly below you, charge your up B and use it when they get right below you, it almost always kills people once they are already below the stage. also, you shouldn't let people chase you off the edge like that, forward B will let you grab onto any character if they are close enough, and then after that you just wait until you are about to die to jump off and recover. you could also just try to edge guard with... Fair? i think. it might be Bair, i don't remember.

ThaCarter

Smash Rookie
I noticed throughout the matches you'd try and catch banana my jump and doing a neutral air attack.Air dodging works alot better.

Just go into training mode,put a banana out,and while it's still in the air,jump and air dodge on it.

And I think you should utilize those bananas a bit better.You'd put two out and leave 1 behind.If your going to drop 2 bananas, throw 1 after the other and the enemy will usually wind up on the edge which can get you an easy kill.

Work on your edge guarding to.There was a few times when you let him get back on stage while you ran to pick up your other banana.Easy recovery for him.Also you had alot of opportunities to use the diddy hump for an easy ko.

other than that nice matches.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, bananas are all very well and good, but Diddy is also a very good edgeguarder. If your opponent is trying to get back on stage, try to stop him! This is where Diddy gets a lot of his kills. You have an awesome Spike (DAir) and an awesome side attack (FAir). Don't let them go to waste!

Top Bottom