• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gurren Lagann Mafia - Game Over - Who Lost the Most?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master

Greetings and Welcome to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Mafia!

[COLLAPSE="Rules:"]Fundamentals:

1.) Don't be a **** to others. Though doing so may amuse the moderator, it may not amuse others and thus won't be tolerated
2.) Once you have died in the game, you are allowed to make 1 more generic post consisting of “bah go scum/town”.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise).
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread. Those of you who are repeat offenders of this (you know who you are) should know that I will not hesitate to modkill upon the discovery of ANY discussion outside of thread if your role PM does not allow it. Just don't do it, it ruins games.
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6.) I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
7.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
8.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
9.) The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
10.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players. This includes hydras. You are free to paraphrase.
11.) Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
12.) Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on my discretion.

Voting and Lynching:

1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, Vote: Tom.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, Unvote: Marshy
3.) You do not have to unvote before voting another player.
4.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
5.) There will be NO designated Twilight Phase. Twilight will only last until I am able to put up the flip.
6.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
7.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase. The thread should be closed anyway.

Activity and Deadlines:

1.) You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
2.) One deadline extension will be granted upon a majority request. You can do so in thread by typing Request Deadline Extension. In the event that this happens, the deadline will be extended for 48 hours. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will generally last 10 days.
4.) Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught.

Game-specific:

1.) The game mod is the game god. However, if you feel the game god happens to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out via PM.
2.) All roles are assigned entirely at random.
3.) Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
4.) All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.
5.) I confirm the absence of fun stupid Indy Roles such as: Jester, Lyncher, Contract Hitman, Rouge etc.
6.) Hydra logs are not allowed to be posted.
7.) Knowing the background flavor will make the mod happy, but it will not particularly give you any special advantages in this game. A fair warning, if you rely too much on flavor, you will get burned.
8.) Do not post in the color Cyan.
9.) To confirm that you've read all the rules, please quote rule #5 under Voting and Lynching and send that to me through PM. The game will start once all the players have confirmed.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Sample Role PM:"]Hello _______ and welcome to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Mafia!

You are...

Gimmy, Town Vanilla

You're a boy from Aday Village who used to be cared for by your village elders until you were forced to leave the village when your population exceeded its limit of 50. You're now traveling with Team Dai-Gurren on your quest to defeat the Anti-Spirals.

Abilites: You have your voice and your vote. Use them wisely.

Alignment: You are Spiral-Aligned and win when all threats to the Spirals have been eliminated.

Good Luck!
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Player List - Alive:"]2. Glyph J replaced D3
5. asianaussie
8. JTB
9. WashedLaundry[/collapse]
[collapse="Player List - Dead:"]T-block, Old Coco, Town One-Way Mason, Lynched D1
Boatchouli (Ryker/Moth), Nia, Town Doctor, Killed N1
Lovably Adorable Kanine (Ranmaru/Red Ryu), Leeron, Town Strawberry
, Killed N1

X1-12, Boota, Town Vanilla, Lynched D2
Raziek, Dayakka, Town Vanilla, Killed N2
Zen, Lord Genome, Mafia Doc Switch, Killed N2
Soupamario, Thymilph, Mafia Usurping Vig Switch, Lynched D3
Tandora, Zorthy, Town Vanilla, Killed N3
Gova, Simon, Town Cop, Killed N3
[/collapse]

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I have always watched the impudent humans toil away beneath the surface...

They seem oblivious to any world outside of their own, which is probably best. For their own sake.

If I wanted to, I could wipe their entire race out this very instant but...they simply aren't worth my attention...

Foolish Spirals...just remember not to become to accustomed to that drab lifestyle you currently lead...

If your kind ever reach one million in numbers you will all be eliminated, one by one. No one will be able to stop my omnipotent annihilation. This is my world. My universe.

Don't you forget it.

-------------------------------------------------------

I've always been weak. Ever since I was a child. I could never protect anyone...only dig...

That is, until the day I found the drill that would change my life. The drill that would help me pierce through the heavens. The drill the would bring hope and courage to all the spiral entities. The drill that would later be called, The Core Drill.

Though the approaching task seems daunting, I have faith that the drill I carry in my heart and on my chest will lead my team and me to victory despite overwhelming odds. A good friend once told me:

Don't believe in yourself.
Believe in me!
Believe in me, who believes in you!

I can always find the strength to accomplish any feat because I know he believes in me.

I have always been borrowing his strength, for as long as I can remember.

But not this time.

This time will be different.

Everything...will be different.

Don't underestimate our power!
Whether it be time, space, or alternate realities, they mean nothing to us.
We will pierce the path and methods you've chosen!
We'll break through the heavens and dimensions!
We'll show you our path through force!
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann!

JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Day 1 Begins! - With 13 Alive, it Takes 7 to Lynch!

Votecount 1.0

Soupamario [0]
Glyph [0]
Zen [0]
Boatchouli (Ryker/Moth) [0]
asianaussie [0]
Lovably Adorable Kanine (RR/Ranmaru) [0]
Gova [0]
JTB [0]
WashedLaundry [0]
T-block [0]
Raziek [0]
X1-12 [0]
JO_Oey [0]

Not Voting [13] - Soup, Glyph, Zen, Boatchouli, asianaussie, LAK, Gova, JTB, WL, T-block, Raziek, X1-12, Joey

Deadline has been set to July 15th at 11:59 PM EST!

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie
You know, it's funny you should mention Nia yesterday when I was talking about cute, WL. Because I'm Nia, Spiral Aligned Anti Spiral. I'm also a miller.

T-block

B2B TST
Boatchouli is miller, huh? Is Nia someone who would be miller based on flavour? 100% of my time after work is going into finishing this anime >_>; Town needs to get this game going in the meantime.

vote: Soupamario

@Everyone: I am honestly fine with sticking with a Soup lynch today. What do you think of that?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Why are you guys confirming twice. Gogdammit.

Soup's lynch at this point is preemptive and silly. If it's based on his reaction to the Nia thing, that's silly. If it's because you don't like his playstyle, then I have to assume it's a policy lynch and I wouldn't support a kill Soup policy. He actually gives me things.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Yes, and it makes sense that he is an informed miller too.

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie
Gord beat me to the punch.

Vote Marshy

He heard me talking about it on Skype (Kuz was there, so haters can hate all they want). None of what I said isn't going to be in this post.

So anyway, reasons for why we're lynching an irrelavant fossil.

I received a riddle with my role PM. It was a story from "Daddy" that I never forgot. I can't say it in thread, but I can paraphrase.

It states that there is something out there watching us to make sure we follow the norm that it wants. It's old as time. If we ever reach too far, then it'll come in to rectify the situation. It's a battle with something outside of our world.

After it, I was given a sentence Kuz said I can quote:

"Kick reason to the curb and do the impossible."

So I'm lynching Marshy. Worst case scenario, we get it done quick, nothing happens, and we move on with our lives and I find another application for what it could mean.

Wagon go go go!

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie
Oh?

Why's that TBlock? What do you lose by voting Marshy? Why don't you go along with it and reach majority in order to move forward if that's what you're really after?

T-block

B2B TST
Okay I'll bite.

From what I read, nothing implies that this force is anti-town. Why do you want to lynch it, and why are you sure it's marshy?

@mod: Request Votecount

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie
I am NOT going to spoil the anime for you. To explain why it makes sense to someone who hasn't watched the show would spoil a major plot point.

Now explain to me, analysis of the riddle itself aside, what you lose by going along with it. If your goal truly is to start playing as soon as possible, then why would you not get this out of the way?

T-block

B2B TST
Fair enough. Thanks for taking spoilers into account.

I'll weigh in after a votecount is shown. Though I'm almost positive that a majority on marshy is not going to do anything. Seems silly to waste time on this.

Maybe you can clarify this though: does the "we" refer to your hydra, or to town in general?

Eh...

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Vote: T-block

T-block, why am I voting you?

Not gonna lie Ryker, before this game started, I fully expected you to claim Kamina right away.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@ TBlock - In #14? The town.

Now stop dancing around and explain why you won't vote Marshy.

JTB, I'm completely serious about getting Marshy lynched.

T-block

B2B TST
@Ryker: Because it's a pointless exercise, and nothing is going to happen. I've stated this several times.

Are you sure it explicitly states that this force will guide town, and not just your playerslot?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i'm not sure if i like T-block playing "no fun, scumhunt only" card, but he might be that type of guy.

vote: Marshy

^ top priority though.

T-block

B2B TST
You've played a few games with me already, Soup... you can't make that call yet?

There's a reason why I'm being such an *** about this. It'll all be revealed eventually I'm sure, so don't worry.

X1-12

Smash Champion
There's something in my role pm too, it says if I get a majority of players to vote for Tom then my mafia faction gets a second NK that night.

Lets go everyone!!!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Just noticed that Ranmaru was in this game.

Ranmaru, I'm claiming scum.

Elaborate on this.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
oh my gosh

NOOOOO I HAVE SO MUCH READING TO DO GAWEKFMAWKEFM

Vote: JTB

Sup? C:

Reading now!

:172:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629

Not voting for Marshy or Tom since they're not in the game. Even if it appears on the vote count >__>'.

:172:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
T-block, tell me more about why you would go for a Soup lynch already.

Glyph, with J not in the game, who will you tunnel instead?

Raziek, talk to me about Boat's miller claim. Is it trustworthy?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Raziek, talk to me about Boat's miller claim. Is it trustworthy?
Not sure if serious....

Considering it's the first post of the thread, and he claimed "Spiral Aligned anti-spiral", I see absolutely no reason why I should believe him.

However, I'm not at all familiar with the flavor, so I have no idea if his "Nia" claim would make any sense.

How common are informed millers in games?

The only miller I've personally experienced was Nabe as Dr. Salvador in RE4 mafia, and he was uninformed, yet guessed correctly that he was a miller.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hmm, sorry I realized I skipped over Gova's post claiming that informed miller makes sense. Not sure how I feel about it really, since it seems an unusual play to make.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Nia seems the most likely to read miller other than maybe Viral. Character and claim match up in this regard in terms of flavor but I'm not fully believing on flavor.

If he isn't lying--and Broto has been known to gambit about his role quite frequently--then he made the right play by claiming it to start the phase.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
That said:

TBro, sell me on the Soup wagon.
JTB, your entry into this game strikes me as off-color. I don't like it. Why?
Joey, I like your vote where it is for the moment. Please keep it there for awhile.
X1, are you going to play this game? :v

Also, ironically enough, I see Tom viewing the thread right now.

Top Bottom