• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ragnarok Mafia - Game over!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
[collapse=Standard Rules]
Rules​

Fundamentals
  1. Have fun and do not personally attack another player in an offensive manner.
  2. Once you have died in the game, you are no longer allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever.
  3. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
  4. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
  5. Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
  6. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
  8. You may not post screenshots of any kind. These will be immediately edited out by the mod.
  9. The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  10. You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
  11. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
  12. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
  13. This is a game of Mafia. I am your game moderator, (insert mod name here). Please direct any questions you have about the game to me, either with the @mod: command in thread or via PM (if necessary). I will not answer questions in the public forum related to privately disseminated information barring that it was mentioned in the sample role PM.

Voting and Lynching
  1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Virgilijus.
  2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: WashedLaundry. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
  3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
  4. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. The Twilight phase ends when the game moderator posts the lynch scene and officially begins the Night phase.
  5. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.

Activity and Deadline
  1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you if feasible. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  2. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
  3. Days will generally last 10 days.
  4. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught. Note that Nights will only end early if all actions have been submitted prior to the deadline, and all players have been online since the Night phase began.

Game-specific
  1. All roles are assigned entirely at random.
  2. I confirm the absence of the following roles in this set-up:
    Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Survivor.
  3. I do not confirm the absence or presence of all other Independent Roles.
  4. Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
  5. I confirm there is a Town faction and there is at least one Mafiosi faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafiosi factions.
  6. I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate.
  7. I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.
  8. All roles are assigned entirely at random.
  9. Plum is the mod color. Don't post in plum.
  10. All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.

Town win condition: "You're town aligned and win when all threats to town have been eliminated."
Mafia win condition: "You're mafia aligned and win when your faction overpowers all other players, or it is logically impossible for you to lose."[/collapse]
[collapse=Players]
1. Ryker
2. Gova
3. T-block
4. Raziek
5. Seikend
6. Armor
7. dabuz
8. giraffelasergun Soupamario
9. Killstic
10. Dark Horse
11. Terywj J
12. JO_Oey
13. JTB

-Replacements-
3. [/collapse]
Theme of Day One

Welcome, players! I am here on behalf of the Kafra Corporation to guide you through your mission. You have all been recruited for a hunt! As you may have heard recently, there are monsters hidden in this town(as always), waiting to overthrow our Lord and spread chaos throughout the kingdom. And the monsters are right here, hiding among us! I assure you I am not a monster! As you can see by your fallen ally (oh so brave <3) who saved me earlier, this is a very real threat.

Sample Role PM said:
Welcome to Ragnarok Mafia, Kaiser! You are The Gunslinger, Vanilla Townie.

You die. For your friends usually. It's what you're good at, and probably your only purpose in the world. You died. For your friends this time. And now nobody else can play as this shady cool mysterious dude :cool:. I was going to cast your role as a Hero but the people need a vanilla townie example. And aren't you just the greatest example of a PROPER gentleman.

Abilities
None! How sad!

You're town aligned and win when all threats to town have been eliminated.
Avenge your ally, obtain wealth and fame, save Prontera! Ahhh, and protect me! That's the important part. I will aid you as I can, providing Warping to important events and regular logs of your progress. Please take the time before the hunt to be sure you're ready, we wouldn't want you to fail here, after all. And remember, teamwork is key!

Warping Service (Important Links)

Day 1 Begins | Day 1 Ends
Day 2 Begins | Day 2 Ends
Day 3 Begins | Day 3 Ends

[Collapse=Dead Players]Vanilla Townie, Soupamario lynched D1
Vanilla Townie, J dead N1
Jack of A Trade, Dark Horse lynched D2
Vanilla Townie, Werekill dead Twilight 2
Vanilla Townie, Raziek dead N2
Indy Wannabe Assassin, th3kuzinator dead N2[/collapse]

Questions, comments? I prefer my more light comic story telling as shown here, but I could try something more dark if people want it. Confirm by replying to your role PM. Or by saying /confirm. Yep that simple.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I like the way you are telling it now :p

looking forward to this

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
jesus acrostic, how often do you change your avatar

im seriously tabbing between my read in ff9 and other threads and you have two different avatars in both :O

Killstic

Smash Rookie
Avatar is set for now, and we're ready to go! This should be interesting. :3

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Joey is V/LA until Monday for gencon, so he's not going to be able to confirm.

That just leaves Armor and Raziek :o

Armor

Smash Rookie
Guess I'll go ahead and confirm in-thread, and i must say, pretty role pms

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Everyone is confirmed except JO_OEY, who is V/LA until monday. It'd be kinda silly to wait on him...

Gather your weapons and find your friends, because the hunt starts now!

Vote Count
Not Voting: Armor, dabuz, Dark Horse, Killstic, giraffelasergun, Gova, JO_OEY, JTB, Raziek, Ryker, Seikend, T-block, Terywj

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Deadline is set for Monday, 8/15​

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Free-Block, am I gonna read you as scum again, or can we line our thoughts up nicely this game?

Top Bottom