• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman X: Day of Death. ~ EVERYBODY DIED. SCUM WINS. GAME OVER.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
In the year 21XX..

Dr. Cain said:
"Still nothing. For the last month, I have been sifting through the dirt trying to find a fossil record which would verify my findings on Mesozoic plant life, but so far I have come up empty. Tomorrow I'll move my archaeological dig to a new site. Maybe I'll have better luck."

April 9th: "Set up camp at the new site and laid out a preliminary gridwork for the dig. I got some odd readings at location E-46. It looks like something metallic is buried several meters below the surface. I think I'll begin there tomorrow."

April 10th: "I can't believe what I found! Several meters below the surface was the remains of a lab. Although most of the lab was damaged, I did manage to find papers that indicate that it belonged to the famous robot designer, Dr. Thomas Light. I've begun to review what is left of Dr. Light's notes and it looks like he was onto a major breakthrough. The notes keep referring to "the capsule"..."

April 13th: "I found it. Standing 14 meters high and 8 meters wide, the capsule was hidden underneath a collapsed ceiling. Even underneath all the rubble, the capsule has remained intact and was still running some sort of diagnostic when I found it. There is a warning on the capsule, but all the indicators on the capsule show green. It should be safe to open it. I'll know tomorrow."

April 14th: "Today I met "X". Not simply a robot, X is something totally different. Light has give him the ability to think and make his own decisions. At times, X seems more like a man than like a machine."

April 15th: "Light was a genius! I've been going over his design notes and they are a quantum leap beyond anything the world has ever seen. Using them as a guide, I may be able to replicate his design and integrate them into a new generation of robots. I'll begin transporting X and the rest of Dr. Light's things back to my lab tomorrow."

November 22nd: "With X's help I have completed my first "Reploid." Although I don't completely understand how all of Dr. Light's systems works, I was able to make some minor modifications and the reploid seems to be functioning perfectly. His strength and intelligence seem limitless and he is fully able to make his own decisions. In fact, we got into our first argument. How intriguing!"

January 3rd: "The new reploids have been running off the assembly line for several weeks. It's amazing how easily they have been able to adapt to even the most difficult jobs. It still is a bit odd to see them working side by side with humans, but everyone seems to be happy to accept them."

February 16th: "Three reploids went "maverick" today and injured two people before they were stopped. This is the third instance of this type of behavior and I still have no idea of what is causing it! There is some talk about stopping the assembly of any more reploids, but I don't think it will happen. Maybe we've become too dependent on them....
The council has now decided to set up a group of "Hunters" to destroy any maverick before it can cause injury. The reploid named Sigma has assigned to lead the Hunters. Sigma is one of the most intelligent reploids I've created and contains my latest circuit designs. His systems should be immune to any problems."

May 16th: "It's been two months since Sigma took control of the Maverick Hunters and he and his hunters have been able to prevent any further injury to the population. Everyone is starting to breathe a little bit easier...
I am a little worried about X. He seems unsure of his place in life and what Dr. Light had planned for him. But given time, I'm sure he'll find his way...."

June 4th: "My worst nightmare has just come true. Sigma went Maverick today and took most of the other hunters with him. His motives are unclear, but it seems that he "decided" that humans are inferior and limiting the growth of the Reploids. For that reason, he decided that all humans should be eradicated.

Most of the population is in hiding or trying to flee the city. I'm not sure how long we can hold out against Sigma's forces. I fear I've built the reploids too well.

X is taking the news of the war very personally. He wants to join ZERO, the new leader of the Maverick Hunters, when he goes after Sigma. I'm doubtful of their chances, but I won't stop him.
Something has to be done...

*cue intro music*

Helpful Links

Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.

FUNdamentals

1. Have fun and do not personally attack another robot in an offensive manner.
  2. Once you have been turned into a heap of scrap metal, you are no longer to function and make any more posts in this thread for any whatsoever, it would be really hard anyways seeing how you're dead.
  3. No communication about this game is allowed with non-robots or humans who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the war anyone who is currently fighting, even if you could while you were alive, unless your programming specifically states otherwise.)
  4. Unless your Commission specifically allows you the power, you are not to converse with anyone about this war outside of the city thread. This includes posting content outside of the city thread and linking to it in the city thread.
  5. Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
  6. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional commissions I may send to you outside of your commission. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your commission, nor may you post metadata about commissions in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.)
  8. You may not post screenshots of any kind. These will be immediately edited out by the mod.
  9. The use of non-robot, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  10. You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
  11. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
  12. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
  13. This is a game of WAR. I am your game moderator, Soupamario. Please direct any questions you have about the game to me, either with the @mod: command in thread or via PM (if necessary). I will not answer questions in the public forum related to privately disseminated information barring that it was mentioned in the sample commission.

Voting and Killing

1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be killed using a bold vote command. For example, vote: th3kuzinator.
  2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Evil Eye. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
  3. No kill is a viable kill choice and a majority will end the Day without a kill. For example, vote: No kill.
  4. After the majority kill has been decided but before the kill scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the kill majority target. The Twilight phase ends when the game moderator posts the kill scene and officially begins the Night phase.
  5. The Day will end when a majority kill is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority kill decided, there will be no kill.
  6. There is no posting in this city thread during the Night phase.

Activity and Deadline

1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you if feasible. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  2. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
  3. Days will generally last 10 days.
  4. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught. Note that Nights will only end early if all actions have been submitted prior to the deadline, and all players have been online since the Night phase began.

Game-specific

1. All roles are assigned entirely at random.
  2. I confirm the absence of the following roles in this set-up:
  3. Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Survivor.
  4. I do not confirm the absence or presence of all other Independent Roles.
  5. Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
  6. I confirm there is a Town faction and there is at least one Mafiosi faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafiosi factions.
  7. I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate.
  8. I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.
  9. All roles are assigned entirely at random.
  10. All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.
  11. refer to post #11 of this thread to see this rule, this will be strictly enforced.
[collapse=Sample Role PM]
Welcome to the game, (xxx), you are nobody, Maverick Nobody.

You're basically Vanilla Townie, but you don't exist in this game, i'll give you MVP if you survive.

you win when yadda yadda yadda.
[/collapse]

Hope Rides Alone:

1. Inferno3044
2. JTB
3. Overswarm
4. Red Ryu
6. Analytical Buttheads (Gheb_01/adumbrodeus)
7. Rajam Nabe
8. Nicholas1024
9. Xatres
10. Terywj
11. Raziek
12. Boatchouli (Ryker/Moth)
13. Frozenflame751

We Are The Dead:
Circus, X, Immune Reploid. Destroyed The First Day.

Here comes the Arm:
Nobody, yet. but hopefully it stays like this.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Claiming Zero, town double voting vigilante that auto-revives a day later every time he's killed. :p

#HBC | ѕoup

Role PMs are being sent out!

please confirm in thread.

the game will begin when a majority of players have confirmed.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Confirming. Also claiming dayvig.

You mad Ryker?

#HBC | ѕoup

your mod is going out for a bit, when i come back the game will start, or hopefully there will be enough people confirmed to start it.

#HBC | ѕoup

Somebody mentioned this to me and gave me good advice, this will be implemented as a rule.

Somebody said:
"Meta data" refers to "data about data". In other words, data ABOUT your role PM, not the contents therein. Timestamps, who it was sent by, screenshots of it being opened or unopened, etc., but color is fine. Saying "my role PM is (color)" is the same as saying "my character is (person)".

I'd add it to the rules and afterwards making a post telling people that they can't refer to the colors in their role PMs. Referring to things ABOUT PMs and role PMs aren't against the rules anywhere in you game.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Please don't even joke about the notion that vts have to survive to get MVP. People might actually get the wrong idea.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If people learned mafia from soup, everyone would be claiming during RVS, then repeatedly changing their claim throughout the day, which ends with a self hammer, regardless of alignment.

:troll:

#HBC | ѕoup

Please don't even joke about the notion that vts have to survive to get MVP. People might actually get the wrong idea.
i was stating that the sample role PM, nobody, would get MVP if he survived.

it's a joke seeing how he doesn't exist in this game.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There aren't really enough people available, and Death Note needs to start first.

#HBC | ѕoup

the game will be starting today, even with the absence of two players, if they don't confirm within 48 hours, i will look for replacements.

#HBC | ѕoup

A new Day has dawned, but the past is still there, good luck.

With 13 Alive it takes 7 to Lynch.

Head Count I

Inferno3044 [L-7] -
JTB [L-7] -
Overswarm [L-7] -
Red Ryu [L-7] -
Circus [L-7] -
Analytical Buttheads [L-7] -
Rajam [L-7] -
Nicholas1024 [L-7] -
Xatres [L-7] -
Terywj [L-7] -