• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Higurashi Mafia - Game Over! Who won?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

Welcome to Higurashi Mafia!

Helpful Links
Newbie Guide | Common Roles | DG Archive | Higurashi Wiki

[collapse=Rules]

Fundamentals

1. Have fun and do not personally attack another player in an offensive manner.
  2. Once you have died in the game, you are allowed to make one "Bah!" post. Afterwards, no more posting in the game!
  3. No communication about this game outside the thread unless your role pm explicitiy says you can. I'm serious about this one, even if you are alone in the Skype call with people not in the game, just don't do it. I will be enforcing this harshly.
  4. Do not edit your posts. With the removal of quickediting, you can no longer get away with quickly fixing a post immediately after posting. Offenders will receive one MOD VOTE that will last the rest of the current day. MOD VOTES cannot hammer a player. Repeated offenses will include forced replacement and a modkill as a last resort.
  5. You are not allowed to quote any mod-communication, real or fake. All information must be paraphrased. You are not allowed to refer to specific parts of your role PM as well, such as pictures or colors used.
  6. You may not post screenshots, these will be edited out by a mod.
  7. The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  8. You may not quote logs of communication with other players, including hydra communication. You are free to paraphrase.
  9. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
  10. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on my discretion.
  11. This is a game of Mafia. I am your game moderator, Officer Jenny JTB. Please direct any questions you have about the game to me, either with the @mod: command in thread or via PM (if necessary). I will not answer questions in the public forum related to privately disseminated information barring that it was mentioned in the sample role PM.

Voting and Lynching

1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Sanchaz :troll:
  2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: T-Block. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
  3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
  4. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. The Twilight phase ends when I post the lynch scene and officially begins the Night phase. Twilight will only last as long as it takes me to write flavor.
  5. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.

Activity and Deadline

1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you if feasible. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  2. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player.
  3. Days will generally last 10 days.
  4. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught. Note that Nights will only end early if all actions have been submitted prior to the deadline.

Game-specific

• All roles have been assigned using at random.
  • I confirm the absence of the following roles in this set-up: Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Survivor.
  • I do not confirm the absence or presence of all other Independent Roles.
  • Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
  • I confirm there is a Town faction and there is at least one Mafiosi faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafiosi factions.
  • I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate.
  • I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.
  • All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Sample Role PM]

"Do you wish to live or die?"

Welcome to Higurashi Mafia, Sample Player! You are Frederica Bernkastel, Town Gamemaster Vanilla! No one in the Higurashi universe besides Takano Miyo has ever encountered you, despite you being one of two main players in the game. Will your chess pieces be able to defeat the forces of Lambdadelta?

Abilities: Even though you are a player, you may only set-up the events of this version of the Endless June. Direct involvement in the game is strictly prohibited, you may only watch as events unfold.

Alignment: You are Hinamizawa-aligned and win when all threats to the village have been eliminated, even if you are dead.

Good luck!

[/collapse]

[collapse=Player List]
1. JO_OEY
2. tHe-Man (Ryker/Brosuke)
3. Acrostic Tandora
4. Crimson King th3kuzinator
5. Red Ryu
6. ORI_bro
7. felipe_9595
8. Auspher
9. J
10. SangfroidWarrior
11. Sworddancer
12. Balatro
13. Gheb

Replacements
1. Raziek
2. YOU?!

[/collapse]

[collapse=Alive Players]

1. JO_OEY
3. Acrostic Tandora
4. Crimson King th3kuzinator
5. Red Ryu
6. ORI_bro
7. felipe_9595
8. Auspher
10. SangfroidWarrior
13. Gheb

[/collapse]

[collapse=Dead Players]

9. J, Sonozaki Mion (Town Vanilla), Lynched Day 1.
11. Sworddancer, Sonozaki Oyro (Town Vanilla), Killed Night 1.
12. Balatro, Maebara Keiichi (Indy Serial Killer), Killed Night 1.

[/collapse]

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Roles are being assigned and sent out as soon as possible. Confirm your role by quoting rule 3 and 4 under Fundamentals and sending it in a reply to your role pm.

Confirmed Players

1. JO_OEY
3. Acrostic
4. Crimson King
5. Red Ryu
6. ORI_bro
7. felipe_9595
8. Auspher
9. J
10. SangfroidWarrior
11. Sworddancer
12. Balatro
13. Gheb

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
No communication about this game outside the thread unless your role pm explicitiy says you can. I'm serious about this one, even if you are alone in the Skype call with people not in the game, just don't do it. I will be enforcing this harshly.
Do not edit your posts. With the removal of quickediting, you can no longer get away with quickly fixing a post immediately after posting. Offenders will receive one MOD VOTE that will last the rest of the current day. MOD VOTES cannot hammer a player. Repeated offenses will include forced replacement and a modkill as a last resort.
Bad quote xP

Confirming

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
All role PMs have been sent. Yay!

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Yo, Gova's Britches and Hoes mafia is looking awfully tempting right now. Maybe I should replace out of this weeaboo hell pit now and safe my sanity?

Btw I still don't know the flavor.

#HBC | Dancer

1. JO_OEY
3. Acrostic
4. Crimson King
5. Red Ryu
6. ORI_bro
7. felipe_9595
8. Auspher
9. J
10. SangfroidWarrior
11. Sworddancer
12. Balatro
13. Gheb

Oh but what an interesting player list this is. The old mixing in with the new. What a wonderful thing this is. I love it so.

I'll stay.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Added in some links in the first post, including one to the higurashi wiki so that closet weeaboos non anime fans like Sworddancer can read about it ;)

#HBC | Dancer

Like, stuff that's title is in Japanese. Eww.

And when I say "I don't like" I mean I'm just not interested.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
You should check out the first arc though, it's only like 3-4 episodes. It's a show in which everything is thrown at the viewer right away and gradually explains almost everything over the course of the show. Seriously, once I started watching season 2 and making connections back to season 1, my mind was blown x_x

There are a few things left unanswered, which allows you to make up your own theories on what happens.

As you can tell, I really like this show and I recommend it to anyone I can lol. It's one of the best animes I've watch, it does well to keep tension really high and doesn't fall to common cliches that most other animes do.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
1. JO_OEY [Ragnarok (town)]
11. Sworddancer [HP mafia (indie)]
10. SangfroidWarrior [Newbie (town)]
13. Gheb [FF Dissidia (scum)] 9. J [Ragnarok, FF9 mafia (scum)]
7. felipe_9595 [Epicmafia.]
5. Red Ryu [FF9 mafia (town)]
2. tHe-Man (Ryker) [Ragnarok (mafia)]

2. tHe-Man (Brosuke)
4. Crimson King
6. ORI_bro
8. Auspher
12. Balatro

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@tHe-man: He-man has some pretty big loins to clothe, are you planning on sharing the responsibility or has someone already been designated to wear the panties in this relationship?

Hi, I haven't played with you before. Are you a relatively new player by any chance? I've seen you in a couple of mafia games, but I can't recall them off the top of my head :( Anyways, hi!
Also same @ Balatro, Auspher, and Crimson King, even though I kind of know Crimson King from the DH.

Yo, I like anime, and I'm a big fan...
Like, stuff that's title is in Japanese. Eww.
Wait...

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hi, I haven't played with you before. Are you a relatively new player by any chance? I've seen you in a couple of mafia games, but I can't recall them off the top of my head :(
Nope, I play all the time with my friends when we do bonfires and what not. This is my first forum Mafia, even though I have lurked these forums for a couple months before joining one. So I guess you can call me the new guy haha.

I'm glad that this is my first one haha I absolutely LOVE Higurashi and I watched Higurashi, Higurashi Kai, and Higurashi Rei this past summer in about a 3 week to 1 month span.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Oh I assume so, you can't read anyone's facial expressions body language and what not. I'm just here to try my best and have fun ^_^;

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll start the game once two more people confirm.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sorry Ryker, I know absolutely nothing about this flavour, but I am really curious to watch it now.

ORI_bro, you'll do fiiiiine another player in here started from IRL mafia (Sang) and she does really well o_o". Just have fun as you said.

Balatro

Smash Rookie
@tHe-man: He-man has some pretty big loins to clothe, are you planning on sharing the responsibility or has someone already been designated to wear the panties in this relationship?

Hi, I haven't played with you before. Are you a relatively new player by any chance? I've seen you in a couple of mafia games, but I can't recall them off the top of my head :( Anyways, hi!
Also same @ Balatro, Auspher, and Crimson King, even though I kind of know Crimson King from the DH.

Wait...
Hai :3

I'm not very experienced with mafia, but I read lots of guides and I'm quite smart so I should be fine ;D

Is everyone here new, or just those names?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
ORI_bro make sure you don't edit any of your posts when the game starts. I apologize if you are aware, I just don't want to see you get punished early on in the game (#23, #25).

Balatro

Smash Rookie
This game has so many players who are bad and need to be vigged/copped.
Well, why don't you give me a run down of each player then?

Wouldn't that help us? ^_^

If you could answer my previous question....though since you have a mod note under your name...I'm assuming you two know each other/are the same

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Oh, is tHE-MAN two people?
Yeah. I was curious how they were going to work things out. I'm just going to assume that they are going to wing it. ¯\(o_o)/¯

Balatro said:
Is everyone here new, or just those names?
I think it's you, Auspher, and ORI. I know CK has been smashboards for awhile so I wouldn't be surprised if he's played a couple of games. Felipe is someone who has played epicmafia for awhile, but I've only recently seen him playing forum mafia here. Also I've never played with Brosuke, but I'm not too worried about inexperience with regards to that slot as Ryker I'm assuming would serve as a mentor if he is a new player. I'm more concerned about Ryker than Brosuke. Everyone else has played a couple of forum mafia games.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Well, why don't you give me a run down of each player then?
1. JO_OEY

Okay. Has a serious issue with always thinking I'm scum, as I'm pretty sure he'll admit to. Also has an issue with understanding what is condemning and what is not.

Good. Very good. Will end up looking exactly as scummy as he wants to and be able to push just about anything he sets his mind to.

3. Acrostic

Newish, but shows promise. Thinks for himself and is unafraid to actually push things. Time will tell if he actually has an affect on the game or if he is mostly ignored because he constructed his cases badly.

4. Crimson King

I think he's played before, but not in my time playing. Low on the cop/vig list, but still there.

5. Red Ryu

Probably the cop. He will most likely be mislynched if he's town. Possible threat if he's scum.

6. ORI_bro

New coming off of IRL mafia. Will quickly understand how the game works, but will have preconcieved notions about things that will invariably be wrong. What those are, we shall see, but the newbie mistakes or scum argument will show up and make him difficult to read. Very high on the cop/vig list.

7. felipe_9595

New as well. Was my scummate in his first (and only) other game. There he sat back and let town destroy itself although he made an extremely smart play at the end. Made the mistake of linking himself pretty tightly with me. He will be hard to read as the newbie or scum argument will show up again. High on the vig/cop list.

8. Auspher

New, but claims to have experience elsewhere IIRC. Either he will actually know what the **** is up and this will be corrected, or he will quickly prove to have the same issue I outlined for ORI. High on the vig/cop list.

9. J

One of the four threatening players here. Assuming the other three die before him and he is scum he will win. He will probably be the most active pushing force in the game, but will be able to be overruled if someone comes up with a solid case. He will be the largest asset in evidence gathering. That, or he will be scum.

10. SangfroidWarrior

Also goes on my list of four. New, but smart, much like Acrostic. She could easily be mislead into believing a falsehood that could mess her up for awhile, but she's just as likely to unhinge a scum team with one good read. I actually feel confident that, if she finds the magic weak point, she could gather the support for a lynch, which is more than I can say for a lot of people. Note, I've not seen her do it yet, but I have great expectations from this slot.

11. Sworddancer

Just barely not on my list because I decided I like Sang. He'll be somewhat inactive which will stop him from being able to push things effectively. However, he WILL have solid reads that are correct more often than not. If he doesn't try when he is actually here, lynch him as he is scum.

12. Balatro

New player coming in with preconceived notions from guides which will always fail to take into account the unique situations that players will encounter in each individual game. Ditto ORI's description. High on the vig/cop list. Higher on the vig list because I don't like his avatar.

13. Gheb

Some ******* European furry. He's dangerous and on my list of four. He has a bad habit of not pursuing his reads, but when he does pursue them, he is good at making them happen. I won't vouch for the accuracy of his reads as they're 50/50.

Gheb, when did we last play together where you were scum?

Wouldn't that help us? ^_^
Probably not, but it serves as a good base for me to color everyone's opinions of each slot how I want them to be.

If you could answer my previous question....though since you have a mod note under your name...I'm assuming you two know each other/are the same
We are two players on the with the same role and vote. Both have played mafia many times before. My partner hasn't played in months though.

#HBC | Dancer

Pfff, Ryker places Sang over me. I see how it is.

Ryker, is Xonar actually going to play this game? I thought that guy was blacklisted for life or something.

D

Deleted member

I saw that there was going to be a mafia game based on Higurashi starting soon...

...and that's pretty much how I got drawn into Decisive Games. Higurashi is such an awesome anime.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I saw that there was going to be a mafia game based on Higurashi starting soon... ...and that's pretty much how I got drawn into Decisive Games. Higurashi is such an awesome anime.
I see. So this is your first game in Decisive Games. Is this your first game of mafia though?

Top Bottom