• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tournament: Calamity---When can you guys play next?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
First and foremost, I need to stress to the players of this game that this is not going to impact The Tournament in the slightest. This is what happens when I find myself so interested in the characters in a game that I feel that I want to see more of them, and what better way to do that than in an AGame!

[collapse=For Tournament Participants]Here's the lowdown for those of you who are already part of The Tournament. You all have come under attack from ...something. You don't really know what yet, but its pretty clear from ol' Bed's reactions that it isn't a good thing. As a last ditch effort, Bed has pulled all of your consciousnesses along with the shadow men into a single location. This is where the game will begin. The post after this one will be one detailing what you are experiencing, and after that I will leave the thread open for some discussion between the players.

Once that's done, the real fun starts. I will divide you all into 3 predetermined groups of 4 (one group will have an NPC), where you will be presented with a challenge. One member of your team will be designated as a team captain (someone I know to have AGame experience), and his responsibility will be to keep you all alive and make it to the end.

Once you've all finished the task I give you, you're done! You've probably noticed that The Tournament itself hasn't stopped (I'm not so brash as to totally steal the spotlight from Tery), but that doesn't mean you can't fail.

Good luck![/collapse]

[collapse=For those who are not part of The Tournament, but would like to participate in this]I'm not expecting every single player to show up for this, so I am most certainly looking for replacements. PM me or post on my wall if you'd like to be a part of this.[/collapse]

[collapse=Gameplay notes]I'm going to keep the finer details of how this game is going to be run a secret for now, but suffice to say that the basic mechanics of this are going to be that of an Adventure Game. That means YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE AIM!!!! This game will be played (almost) entirely off of SWF. If you've never been in an AGame before, it actually functions a lot like a faster paced version of the RP stuff you've seen in The Tournament. Only difference is, I am the one making the decisions on how something plays out instead of the two players. Of course I'm looking for people to have fun above all else, so I'm not going to go out of my way to ruin what you're trying to do.

If you're still confused as to how an AGame works, you essentially submit actions to me (the game's mod) through AIM based off the situation given to you. If you are in a group with other players, you will all be in a group chat so long as you stay together.

In this game, if you die, you're out of the game. Depending on the circumstances, possibly for the duration.

I'm sure I've missed some more stuff, but I promise it gets easier once you start.[/collapse]

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Oh, and I should make a note that I'm not forcing anyone to play. If this doesn't sound like you're kind of game, no sweat, just let me know ASAP por favor.

You all wake up in what looks like a white room that stretches on forever. You're disoriented and completely lost as to what just happened, but at least you seem to be okay physically. The gang all seems to be here, Bed included. You know he was somehow responsible for this, so now is the time to ask questions.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
"I'm the captain of my life. I plot my own course, so tell me WHERE IN THE SEA OF FIRE AM I AND WHY CAN'T I CONTACT MY BLOODY SHIP!?"

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
"You're not really in a place at all, if that makes sense. Right now we're in what I can best describe as a staging area within a network created by linking all of our consciousnesses. Soon, you'll be split into three groups and be sent off to complete a task, though exactly what I can't say.

And really, I'm sure you're all wondering why I did this. In the moments before I brought you all here, a number of dark entities appeared. I'm not sure what they're after, but you all clearly play some role in it and I doubt its something you'd enjoy. Only thing is....they're in here too. You're going to have to find a way to kill them if you want to return to the world with an semblance of how you once were.

Based off the way you're grouped now, it looks like the first group will be Tealbeard, Comfort Man, Terywj, and Arthur. The second will be Drall, Meg, Bear, and Sal. That leaves Brody, El Cactus, Spencer, and Khanz for the last group."

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Tery look around, slightly dazed and confused. "I see. We're going to need to kill them in this form of subconscious? Our abilities are not suppressed in any way?"

Tery drew his sword immediately after asking.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
"The core ability should still be the same, though I can't guarantee things will work the same way as they do outside of this world"

OoC: Once the actual gameplay bits get going I'm going to help clarify what extent people's powers have. One big change is rather than simply saying 'I use _____', you'd actually write out what you'd like to do, and how so. The more detail in your action (to a degree), the better. So using Tery as an example, lets say he's fighting someone. Rather than having a list of skills he would pull from, he would have to detail how he wanted to approach his enemy and then attack in the following fashion:

Keep a consistent distance from the guy, aim fire shots at his torso

After that, I'd explain how the foe is reacting to his action, and Tery would in turn react to that. It gets really in-depth when multiple players are involved. Literally you can do ANYTHING you'd like, so long as I think its something your character could perform (Tery couldn't just take off flying or something).

Most characters will be receiving some kind of nerf or another to help even the playing field, and make this game a bit easier to understand for people who are new to it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
OoC: And for the record, the third person goes away. Actions are in bold and dialogue is in quotations. Sometimes dialogue is also bold because unbolding on AIM is a *****. For example.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Johnny cracked his neck loudly.

"If our capabilities and gear are supposed to be ship shape, care to explain why my time crystals are currently completely tapped? God knows I didn't use them."

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
OoC: The attacking sequences can be written in third person, right? "Keeping a consistent distance from the target, Tery releases flames directed towards the enemy's torso."

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
"I figured you'd be okay with me borrowing their power since otherwise you'd be lost to darkness. I can restore some of their power, but don't be expecting to do much extreme traveling with them."

OoC: Its really a personal preference, so long as the action you'd like to take is clear. I've always just said what I wanted to do in bold since its implied that its me doing it. Like, open the door as opposed to Bed opens the door or I open the door.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
OoC: That can easily be modified to fit this format. "Fire at the enemy's torso while maintaining a consistent distance." It's all commands instead of actions. Your command is in bold because it may or may not come out that way. If for, example you forgot an enemy was behind you, you could be interfered with. The enemy you are facing could move toward you and make it where you're forced to sacrifice either your aim or your distance. You input the action and the results happen as they happen.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
"Lost to darkness sounds just about as uncomfortable as sailing a time paradox. Watch when you're messing with the fabric of space time, and for God's sake mate, warn a man."

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
OOC: Writing your actions in third person makes no sense at all, considering on AIM everything moves quickly, and at times how fast you react to things is going to matter. Punch him is infinitely faster than steeling himself from within the fires of his soul, Tery reared back and thrust a mighty right hook into the giant spider's thorax.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
OoC: Message GSRyker whenever. I'm watching a football game atm, but when that's over, I'll be able to talk with whoever.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Sent out a PM to all yous guys, get your answers in ASAP.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Based on the number of people who aren't planning on playing thus far, rather than divide you guys into three groups I will probably just consolidate you guys into two.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
EE, Ryker, Tery, and Werekill are confirmed thus far. Should it come down to it, they'll just be a group on their own.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I hope Lars is a boss character.

And, what about replacing the characters that their creators don't want to play as?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Wouldn't make much sense to just run a group of NPCs hahahha

Chaco

Never Logs In
/in

But I have a headache, so I will read and contact you shortly.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
OoC: Go Tigers.

Also my character is going to need a rework of some sort, because as it stands now all I can do is run in front of things and absorb ALL the damage for the team. Oh wait that's kind of broken. And also there's potential gamebreaking madness now that we're on teams. Especially since you put me and Ryker on a team who have two near unexplainable and extremely vague powers.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
With RR, Sold2, and Chaco in, we're up to 7 players! Only person I need to hear from now is Jungle before we get going

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Wait to not answer me G Life you JERK

so what happened to replacing the guys who didn't want to play (asidoh etc) with new players to play the characters n ****?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I have it under control

:phone:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
OoC: Yeh, sorry guys, I gotta dip out. School wrecks any form of commitment I can make and rather than go down in activity required, this seemed like it'd require more. Would've loved to see how anyone beat a combination of Stew's characters powers+my character's field properties, would've been interesting..

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
This will be starting as soon as I get my laptop in (looking like Monday right now). Teams are going to be reevaluated before then, but should be the same for the most part.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Back and everything is looking pretty much ready to go now. I'll be contacting people to set up a time soon.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Running a practice AGame with Sold2 right now, if anyone else would like to do one just to get a general feel for the game's mechanics let me know and I can set you up tonight.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
My group is going to win so hard. Glyph can attest to this. I butt devastated his test, so to speak.

Heh.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Saw this too late, dammit. I'd like to do some practice sometime whenever before this starts so I actually know what'll happen or something.

Top Bottom