• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroics - Raven Team - THE UNDERGROUND MINIBOSS

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Welcome to Heroics. This thread is a splinter from the main storyline, following the Raven Team. The main thread can be found here:

Heroics - A Superhero RPG Adventure

Points, rules and game events will continue to be tracked in that main thread. This thread is only for the Raven Team to follow their mission. It intend to have a mod merge the threads once the separate missions are complete.

Raven Team Mission Brief
The Raven Team consists of:

Leader: Shane Starker
Gecklone
Ronnie Cordova
Sato
NineBand

Shane Starker sat aboard the transport chopper and reviewed his mission brief silently as they approached their target in Mexico. His teammates were strapped into their seats and had passed the hour in relative silence. The mission brief was printed on simple paper and in a manila envelope. Once opened it read:

Objective: Find and obtain the assistance of The Raven, supposedly hiding out in the Mexican desert.

Precautions: The Echelon criminal network is rumored to be seeking out The Raven as well, making it vitally important to find him first. They have demonstrated in the past that they are willing to use lethal force against any perceived threat, so proceed with caution and do not assume they will abide by any conventions of civilized warfare once engaged.

While the Mexican government is a member of the UN's Resolution on Superhuman Affairs, they have not been notified of your presence for this covert mission. Recent developments within their country mean this desert territory is currently under the control of metahuman drug cartels. Do not expect support from the local authorities if you are engaged by such forces.

Also note that The Raven is a powerful sorcerer with possibly thousands of year's of magical knowledge at his disposal. Do not engage him aggressively but be prepared for him to defend himself against intruders. He is a hunted, but powerful man.

Aurhorizations: You are authorized to use lethal force against Echelon or drug cartel forces, but avoid civilian casualties. Do not engage any Mexican authorities unless absolutely necessary and lethal force is forbidden in such a circumstance unless necessary for the survival of your team...

a hand-scrawled note appears in the margin here:
"This will impact your bonus Mr Starker. Do not test me on this. ~Chilon"

Equipment: You have been given a special transponder that is rigged to a powerful microbattery. Just one use will cause it to burn out, but it can transmit through any known scrambling or jamming technique known to the SHC. Once you have either obtained The Raven's services or come into contact with a force you cannot defeat, use the transponder to request extraction. You may choose to carry the transponder yourself to delegate it to another member of the party. Do your best to keep it safe.

You are also being equipped with MREs to sustain you during your desert mission, although we hope it will be short. You have been given single canteens with purified water. You will need to seek out water sources to keep those refilled as you travel through the region. It is spring in Mexico but water sources are scarce in the desert, so move quickly and maximize your resources.

Target: Our best mystics have detected some magical energies from a particular region in the desert. You must approach and search for The Raven's hide out. If he cannot be found, call for evacuation and new plan will be formulated.

As the chopper passed over a desert foothill, Shane spotted something black far off in the distance, moving quickly across the desert floor. He pressed his headset close to his face to talk to the pilot through a radio, a privilege afforded only to the leader of the team.

"Did you see that too?" Shane asked, fully expecting the pilot to say yes. They had quickly met before the chopper took off and Starker could tell that Chilon had hand-picked the guy to be agreeable to him. He was a war vet, a former mercenary and unlike everyone else he had met at the SHC, the pilot wasn't a super, just a soldier like himself.

"Of course I did," the pilot said. "Scanners picked them up about 30 seconds before they came into view. Three trucks, loaded with weapons. I have a red light to engage unknown forces so I'm going to have to set you down at your drop off point and get clear. If you need evac, you call, but the SHC wouldn't let me carry weapons on this bird over the border. You are on your own once I set you down."

The team unloaded quickly as the chopper touched down. This part of the desert as not as desolate as one might expect. There were rocky foothills, brush, cacti, even a few gnarled trees. This was the kind of place that would make a good hide out, for an ancient sorcerer or a band of drug dealers. Invaders were probably as likely to get bit by a rattlesnake or die from the elements as they were to find a secret hide out.

Shane handed over his headset as the last of the team hopped off the chopper. The pilot leaned in to give him one last bit of information.

"Near as I can tell from thermals, they have between 10 and 15 men and three trucks. They seem to be targeting the same area as we are, so they must be looking for whatever it is your team is looking for. Kick some @&$ and I'll buy you a beer in Tijuana after we're done. Die and I'll forget all about your sorry @#%."

With that the chopper took off and left the team to fend for themselves.

RAVEN TEAM CHALLENGE: The Grid

You are now in the Mexican desert and your job is to find The Raven's hideout. Fortunately, I'll be revealing it to you as soon as you actually come across it. But first, you have to play a little game. The desert you are searching has been broken into a nine-square, three-by-three grid that must be searched one square "per turn." It looks like this:

Each member of your team may attempt to search one square on the grid at a time. More than one member may search the same square if you wish to increase the size of your force in that location. You may wish to do this because the Echelon forces are ALSO searching the grid. They have an effective strength of six units versus your five units, although the actual number of soldiers may be higher than six.

If you meet their forces in a square, you will engage in forced combat and your allies may not assist you until the following turn. Of course, they may not WISH to help you if they think you can handle the fight on your own or if no one has found The Raven's hide out yet. If you have a smaller force in a square than the Echelon forces, you are likely to lose that square to them. This would be a very bad thing if that's where The Raven's hide out is! You definitely don't want their forces getting inside before you do. And trust me... you CAN lose this portion of the mission.

I will resolve each turn by revealing what you find there and then taking you through any combat sequences. Then we will begin the following turns.

Of course, this wouldn't be a real game unless we raised the stakes a little. So here's how this is gonna work:

• If a player finds the hide out on their own, as the only unit in that square, they earn 3 points towards the MVP.
  • If a player finds the hide out on their own, but must engage in battle with Echelon forces to secure the hide out. They will earn 1 point for finding the hide out and one point if they defeat the Echelon forces solo.
  • If a team of players finds the hide out together, they each gain 1 point towards MVP.

So what's it gonna be? Let Starker tell you where to go? Cooperate? Or compete for more points in the game? Talk it over with your teammates in character and then lock in your final grid choice by posting:

Action: Square [NUMBER]

Once you lock in your choice, you may not change it. Good luck!

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
By the way all, since we're headed into a combat scenario here, I've posted an example of how combat might work in this game in the second post of the MAIN THREAD. Please read that before you leap into the fight.

Also, feel free to ask for checks if you need more information about your surroundings or what your characters may or may not know.

Sato.

Smash Rookie
Look around, observingly
Turn to Starker

"Looking at the amount of plants here, it is likely that there is water nearby. I recommend marking this spot. "

Observe the area once again

"We will have to move fast. Our resources are limited. As our leader, I suggest you create teams in which to search."

Shane Starker

BRoomer
BRoomer
Note likely locations of water in the Starting Zone for future reference, using my soldier survivalism powers or whatever. Put on helmet.

"Alright here's what I'm thinkin'. Three trucks probably means three enemy teams, so we gotta match or better 'em. They don't know we're onto 'em, so I doubt they've got metahuman heavies involved here. Not with the scoutin' teams at least. More likely these are regular soldiers."

"Gecklone can dodge bullets, and that means he's more than though enough to take down a squad. So Gecklone can be on his own team. You run into combat, play it smart. Try to take at least one of 'em down stealthily and steal a grenade or explosive. Blow up the truck and you blow up their transport, then you can wipe 'em out no problem. Might be best to whack as many of 'em as you can without bein' seen first. All told I'm expectin' you to handle your own ---, only thing can hurt you right now is incompetence. So do me a solid, Lizard King."

"Blondie, you and the Limey team up. I'm diggin' the dazzle you got goin', but you can't dodge bullets. The Limey can dig you under 'em though, and get you the best positioning to wipe out the enemy quick. Use stealth, use positioning. Take as many of 'em out as you can before they even know you're there and you'll do fine. That goes for alla you. And if you can use that them shocks to blow up a truck in a pinch we're really in business."

"White Dynamite, I still dunno what the hell you've got packin', but I guess you can handle yourself. Can you dodge bullets? Take bullets? Close the gap on ranged enemies to unleash some of that kung fu s---? If you can do any of that s---, you should be fine to handle your own business. Otherwise I'm puttin' you with the gecko."

"I put my helmet on and I become immune to almost anything a regular soldier can do, so I should be able to tank through a squad of them ---holes no problem. I'll be runnin' my own shindig."

"Remember the paramount s--- and you chuckleheads'll pull out fine. Always check your surroundings; you never know if they might have a guy up on a ridge with some binocs, or worse, a sniper. They'll probably be traveling as single units though. Use stealth. Take out as many of 'em as possible before they even know you're there. Destroy their transport, especially if it'll take out a few hostiles with 'em. If a metahuman shows up and you don't think you can beat 'em, then you can request some backup. If s--- gets to hairy with the scouts to handle on your own then you can get some backup then, too, but I ain't gonna be happy about wastin' my time."

Shane Starker

BRoomer
BRoomer
OOC: M3D can I get a check on my prediction that the enemy will be traveling as squads/units, rather than spreading out? Like all the predictions like one truck per team, then them not spreading out within their own teams, 'n' ****. Hope I'm doing this right, I'm not really sure when to ask for checks on stuff.

Ronnie Cordova

Smash Rookie
"Hello, do I look like a bullet cushion? And 'Boss Man,' you do realize that the drug cartels at least are known to have metas in the area? Enough of that though, it's showtime."

Pose.

Action Square Lucky Number 3

Sato.

Smash Rookie
"Mister Starker, I recommend you follow him."

Look towards NineBand

"I doubt digging is our best option, but it will prove itself useful somehow, I am sure."

"I will do my best. I suggest we search the far West, agreed?"

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
No checks on enemy unit behavior at this time. That's part of this game. You are trying to predict their movements and match your force against theirs. You are going to have to take your chances!

Gecklone

Smash Rookie
"Some specifications of our mission are not quite clear. The "effective strength" of the enemy forces adds up to six units but that doesn't mean that there can't be more than 6 soldiers ... 6 units is just the overall power their individual powers add up to. The power of our own forces adds up to 5, which means each of us has the power of 1 unit, as we're 5 people. But the enemy forces may also have 24 soldiers with each of them having 1/4 units of strength. It remains uncertain how many enemy soldiers we're actually going to have to deal with. All we know is that their overall strength is higher than ours by 1 unit.

I would assume that our arrival here is unexpected to them. It seems rather unlikely that they're prepared for major battles and since efficiency is the key to find the hideout they've probably sent out regular goons to make sure no key player of their team gets injured in the middle of the desert. These battles should be a rather trivial obstacle on our way to the hideout unless they have sent an unexpectedly high number of soldiers in this area, which I find rather unlikely. The smaller their team is, the less likely they are to attract attention, the easier it becomes for them to remain unnoticed. With 3 trucks I'd guess that 12 is the realistic maximum of soldiers we're going to encounter.
The worst realistic scenario is that somebody who investigates a square by himself has to encounter 3 enemies. If one of these 3 can be stealth-killed then it shouldn't be too hard to take care of the other 2.

Finding the hideout before the others do is what concerns me. 4 groups of people can not possibly investigate 9 squares within two turns and by then it might be too late."

Turns to starker

"Mr. Starker, if I may make this suggestion: Should we be able to kill a lot of goons during the first turn of our investigation, we should try to investigate the remaining 5 squares all at once to guarantee that one of us will find the hideout at least during the 2nd turn. That means that for the 2nd turn each of us will have to fight on their own but if we've killed a lot of goons by then the risk is minimal while the reward could be enormous.

What is your opinion on this?"

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
OoC: I assume you'll update the areas after the entire group has made an action.
==GM==
You would be correct! No one actually goes to their square until everyone has selected a location.

@Gecklone, your character doesn't know the enemy's effective strength is six vs your five. That was in the challenge details. Your character only knows what's in the turquoise text at the moment. I guess I haven't standardized this enough to make it clear. In subsequent posts, I will try to more clearly mark the distinctions between story content that your characters know and "game" content that only deals with mechanics.
====

NineBand

Smash Rookie
To Sato

"The west sounds fine to me. Blimey this is exciting! Let's go!"

Run off energetically

Square number 4

Shane Starker

BRoomer
BRoomer
"Mr. Starker, if I may make this suggestion: Should we be able to kill a lot of goons during the first turn of our investigation, we should try to investigate the remaining 5 squares all at once to guarantee that one of us will find the hideout at least during the 2nd turn. That means that for the 2nd turn each of us will have to fight on their own but if we've killed a lot of goons by then the risk is minimal while the reward could be enormous.

What is your opinion on this?"
"Bowser's got a brain! Yeah, I can get into that. That's exactly what I'm goin' for."

Ronnie Cordova said:
you do realize that the drug cartels at least are known to have metas in the area?
"Damn, forgot about the f---in' cartels. Maybe we'll be able to avoid 'em altogether. We'll see. Orders stay the same. Knockin' it out in 2-3 sweeps is our best bet."

Shane Starker

BRoomer
BRoomer
OOC: By the way, we can move from any one square to any other square in a single turn. There's no difference between going from 1-9 as 1-2 or other adjacent squares. So bear in mind that distance on the grid doesn't affect anything, if someone gets into a really hairy situation or etc. We're expected to predict enemy movements though so I wouldn't doubt if the Eschelon movements have some kind of pattern or logic in their placement, rather than being entirely random from turn to turn. But yeah you can traverse the entire grid in one turn and start searching just as easily as moving over one square, and that seemed like something worth knowing as I had to ask M3D about it.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
OoC
So how far are the squares from our starting point?
Also just throwing this out there, Gecklone you're the only one that has to move before we get to the next phase.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
The squares don't have a definite size. You are far enough away that you can't see, especially thanks to the rugged terrain. You are close enough that you could hear gunfire, explosions from a distance though. Just not voices.

Just waiting on Gecklone to lock in his location and I can resolve all your actions.
====

Shane Starker

BRoomer
BRoomer
OOC: Didn't realize we wouldn't be able to communicate upon splitting up.

"If you run into some serious trouble, Blondie, fire off some electricity into the air. My suit's got an emergency flare and I'll do the same. That's three of us. Not sure about Cordova and the Lizard King. Maybe you can do some kinda loud-as-s*** lizard yelp, that oughta carry through a desert. Just make it bloodcurdlin'. White Dynamite, I got nothin' for you. If only you could emanate some kinda disco s--- like a beacon instead of just tryin' to forget the seventies are over."

"And everybody remember to use natural cover."

Sato.

Smash Rookie
"I am afraid that my electric powers has no such reach. I can shoot up 'til mid range, so I will attempt to fire them, but I request you be on the lookout for it."

Sigh

"I'll have to make my leave now."

Walk after NineBand, making sure to keep the distance close enough to be able to support him as soon as necessary

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
Sato, I believe you should be able to generate sufficient noise by clapping a large thunderbolt around your body. The rapid contraction of air after the bolt should be enough noise to summon assistance.

resolutions coming soon... I'm swamped at work.
====

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
It's action resolution time! Sorry this took all day. Work kicked my butt today. But now I'm done (sorta) so let's get on with the game!

==GM==
Square 7
Gecklone arrived at his search area and found a particularly rocky patch of desert. After kicking over a few stones and exploring the area, all he found were a few wild lizards... perhaps wild relatives of his.

Square 8
Shane crept quietly through his search area, aware that he might not only run into the soldiers they spotted from above, but hidden threats from drug cartels as well. His motions were slow but deliberate and his awareness high, but despite a thorough search he discovered nothing of importance.

Square 4
NineBand and Sato moved into their search area together. Sato's mountain discipline and Nineband's experience in digging in rocky areas allowed them to move quickly and quietly, despite the uneven terrain. Their area had the highest hills and the deepest valleys in the entire grid, so the going was slow.

They had moved between two ridges, when suddenly they heard the rumble of an engine. Crouching low and moving quickly towards a ledge of rocks, they began to peer over the side...

... a series of whistling sounds buzzed over their heads... bullets... forcing them to duck down below the ridge again, but not before making out the incoming desert jeep barreling down on their position. It was painted black and at least two soldiers were hanging out the sides and firing on their position. They had been made.

Square 3
Ronnie could hardly believe his luck. Both the good and the bad. It took him just ten minutes of creeping through the Mexican desert to find his target. A gnarled old tree sat in the middle of plain, surrounded by some rough grasses and a few stray rocks. And beneath it, the mouth to some kind of cave. Surely this was where the old sorcerer was hiding out. Good luck.

Bad luck. The soldiers had arrived first. A jeep was parked in front of the cave and four soldiers were peering inside or standing watch. A fifth was sitting in the front seat of the jeep, talking on a radio. Ronnie had taken up a defensive position behind a collection of large rocks, but to get to them he'd had to move across roughly 60 yards of open space. Those were not good odds. And these soldiers were armed. They had automatic weapons and it looked as though there was something else, something big... in the back of the jeep.

The soldiers wore all black, an odd choice for the desert. They were also wearing light body armor and helmets. They would not be easy to bring down, especially with the distance needed to cross. But at least they had uncovered the cave for him. He had a chance. He just needed to figure out a plan.

... suddenly he heard gunfire coming from the southwest. It seemed his teammates had engaged the enemy. So what to do? Defend the entrance to The Raven's cave or help his allies?

Square 7
Gunshots. Directly north of his position. Gecklone made them out as soon as they echoed across his canyon and caused his little relatives to scurry away. Desert creatures didn't take any chances with danger.

Square 8
Shane could hear the gunshots to the northwest. Based on the search pattern the team had took, he knew it was the Limey and Blondie who had encountered trouble.
====

Ok folks, here's how this works. You are still in the first turn of our little game. That means that Sato and Nineband will have to complete some combat on their own before the others can get there to help. Likewise, Ronnie has to make a decision and complete some actions before anything new can happen in his square. The rest of you should write you own experiences in the desert on this first turn and THEN can react based on what you believe your character would do given the information he currently has available. Help. Search another grid. Whatever fits the character. You just won't arrive to the next destination until we've resolve some actions on this turn.

Good luck!

==GM EDIT==
By the way, both squares that encountered enemy soldiers are facing unit strengths of 2. Which means Nineband/Sato are roughly evenly matched, while Ronnie is facing double his own general combat effectiveness.

Ronnie Cordova

Smash Rookie
"Hello, Raven. Come to Ronnie."

Carefully, to avoid being in a position where my hiding place would be compromised, use the Cordova Family Medallion to reflect light in the direction of the nearest black coat. Attempt to aim for their face and try and make the shine visible. Wait until others aren't looking at my location.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
One of the soldiers keeping watch turned his head to look across the slightly open plain behind them.

A glimmer from behind a boulder catches his eye

"What's that?" he asks, pointing towards the boulder.

"A rock you dumb#$*%" came the response from another soldier.

"You two shut the %*&^ up," the man in the truck bellowed. "It sounds like squad three found something to shoot at."

"I thought we told those little drug cartel $%*holes to stay out of this area today?" the first soldier beckoned back. "You think that's what I saw?"

"I think you see a rock dumb$%^."

The soldier went back to standing guard, but periodically eyeballed the boulder where he saw the flash of light.
====

Ronnie Cordova

Smash Rookie
Examine the area around me. I'm behind a group of rocks, but do I have corners to hide behind on this side. What about the terrain; all sand?

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
Terrain is hard-packed earth with small pockets of sand where animals have disturbed the ground a bit. You have a small ridge behind you by about 20 yards. You came over that ridge as you approached the cave and the soldiers. There are a few small boulders nearby and another very large one about 30 yards to your left, put that angles away from the cave and would put you a little further away from your target. There is a little bit of tough desert grass growing nearby, but nothing substantial.

It is mid-afternoon. The sun is shining in the sky. There is a slight breeze coming from the north and you are to the south of the cave, putting you downwind of the soldiers. There are no animals in sight.
====

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
The two of the soldiers began to unload the large, black object from the back of the jeep while the others kept watch. Ronnie's target suddenly felt a warm sensation on his cheek and turned his head quickly.

He is momentarily blinded by the light reflected into his eyes and lets out a yell.

"Who's there?" he yelled, drawing his gun on the boulder. The soldiers dropped the black container they were unloading. It crashed to the ground with a heavy thud.

"You paranoid %$&hole," yelled one. "What is your problem. There's no one there. It's a rock."

"Something shiny over there," he yelled back. "I swear someone is &^#$ing with us."

"Yeah," the driver yelled back. "You are."

"We told you %$^*ing drug addicts that this was Echelon territory for today," the soldier yelled out, advancing a few steps towards the boulder.

"You shut up you #@%&ing moron," the driver yelled back. "Don't be using that name out loud you idiot. You might be a good shot, but this organization can hire dozens of goons like you."

The soldier kept advancing on the boulder. He was only 30 yards now, gun drawn. He could faintly hear the pop-pop-pop of gunfire coming from the southwest.

"Come out now and I won't kill you," he said. "You are supposed to be clear of this territory right now. Are those your buddies getting killed the next ridge over?"

At 25 yards, the soldier stopped. He smelled the air. Leaned from side to side as if to peek around the corners of the boulder. His teammates went back to picking up whatever was in the big container.

"Get your $@# back over here," the driver said. "Help them get this into the hole."

The soldier lowered his weapon and turned to return to his compatriots, taking one last glance over his shoulder before starting to walk back to the group.
====

He's at 25 yards. The driver is still in the jeep. Two men are picking up the container. One is still looking your direction, gun in hand.

NineBand

Smash Rookie
Frightened by the gunfire, allow my shell to protract.

"Sato! Those c**ts have guns! And a bloody vehicle!"

Glance around for a soft patch of ground that doesn't force me out of my cover.

Ronnie Cordova

Smash Rookie
Hello, opportunity.

Make my fingers scalpel-sharp. Go ahead and start the adrenaline flow and be ready to deaden the very real possibility of bullets being aimed at me.

Watch the man. If he turns, charge him. Keep an eye on where he's going to point that gun and don't be there, but move forward.

Watch his position and keep an eye on who else is aiming weapons at me.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
The soldier didn't see Ronnie coming. He bounded from behind his boulder and closed the distance at near olympic speed.

"MARCO!" screamed the soldier who was looking. He raised his rifle but couldn't fire right away because his ally was between the barrel of his gun and the charging Ronnie Cordova.

Marco turns quickly, but with only one hand holding his SMG
====

Your move sir.

Ronnie Cordova

Smash Rookie
"Just never can tell with rocks these days."

I'm assuming I'm in range. Slit his throat and keep him between me and the man who shouted. Quickly get my hands on the man's rifle.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
==GM==
Blood sprays. Killing a man isn't clean like in the movies. Opening up a major artery causes the blood to gush. It's apparent to everyone watching, that Marco is dead the moment Cordova is on top of him.

The soldier who still has his gun opens fire.

He gets -1 to his roll because he was startled. Roll: 2 (reduced to 1)

He misses wildly
, peppering the boulder now behind Cordova.

Cordova gets his hands on the SMG that the newly departed Marco was carrying. The two soldiers carrying the mysteriously large black container drop it again and reach for their weapons.
====

Tag, you are it. I'm going to bed for tonight though! More tomorrow.

Ronnie Cordova

Smash Rookie
"HELLO, POLO!"

Aim and fire at the man who first noticed me, if he's taken out, shift my aim to the next most threatening target. Keep an eye on where they look to be aiming, don't be there. Position myself away from the driver's side of the truck.

Stay moving. Close in on the cargo they were moving.

How close are all of the known threats to the truck?

Shane Starker

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sigh, irritated, when I realize my square has been a waste. Kick over a rock. Crack my neck.

Stand alert, taking in my surroundings for a second, then take a drink of water, lifting my helmet to do so and leaving it tilted up after I finish. Put away the canteen.

Listen to the dead air and watch the desert with my naked eyes until I am satisfied that nothing is going to happen here. Click tongue.

As I start to reach for my cigarettes, I hear the gunshots from NineBand and Sato's position.

Pause, then drop my hand to my side, annoyed.

"God damn amateurs."

Rub my temples for a moment, then slap my helmet back down and draw my pulse gun. Move to a hiding spot opposite of the direction of fire, to the southeast. Wait. When I am certain that no scouts have been drawn from elsewhere nearby toward the gunfire, climb up onto the highest rock I can find and look around.

And no targets here. Son of a b----. Only one that knows what the hell I'm doin' and I jog into the slate patch. Probably one of the f---in' few. Beautiful.

No thunderclap. Shots died down for now, too. Either those dumbf---s are already vulture mulch, or they actually learned a damn thing or two and found some cover.

...Hmmh. Only one that knows what I'm doin'... or maybe not?

Remember how well Cordova handled himself in our earlier bout. Remember how quick and quiet he was. Wonder what he's up to.

OOC: I'm assuming I can't head to Cordova's location until you update that I've heard the gunshots...?

Sato.

Smash Rookie
They're coming closer. We need to act quickly.

"Please use that shell and protect me! I've got a plan! Can you retract in your shell?"
Create a thunderclap as a way to search help.

This is now our best shot at doing this...
Try to sense if they're running on an electrical motor

Engage high speed thinking
This is not a best case situation. Stay calm, focus... They're driving towards us so I can probably get only one shot. The best thing to do is deactivate their vehicle. Otherwise, I should use my companion as a shield to close the distance.
Quick smile
Mister Starker turned out to be good leader.
Snap myself out of that line of thought
...I should throw him at the soldiers and see if he hits them, allowing him to use his claws to wound them, and use my electricity to hit the tires... No wait, they are probably rubber. I should aim to have him hit the tires, allowing me to shoot at the soldiers... If all else fails, I still have the dash.

OoC
Would my dash keep up with their truck when not on full strength?

Top Bottom