• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shining Force II Mafia || Game Over! Who lived happily ever after?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Hello there, and welcome to:

Rules

[Collapse=Fundamentals]
1. Failure to comply with any of the following rules can result in a modkill. The Game Moderators vanderzant and Kataefi reserve the right to change any of the following rules at any time, without warning as we see fit. If you are in doubt about anything PLEASE pm me.
2. Please follow all instructions in your role pm.
3. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died you may no longer post in the thread. You are allowed one "Bah, go Town/Scum" post.
4. No outside communication unless allowed by your Role PM.
5. Do not edit your posts. All edits will be reversed. Quick edits won't be punished, but you are encouraged to EBWOP instead
6. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Calling someone dumb or scum is not a personal attack.
7. Quoting any Mod PMs (including your role pm) in this thread will result in a mod kill.
8. No posting in code/hidden text/foreign language/etc. This does not include bread crumbing.
9. You may not post any metadata about mod PMs (i.e. images, message ID, etc.). This includes screenshots. Basically, anything against the spirit of the game.
10. Night actions will be determined using NAR: http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Natural_Action_Resolution. If you don't understand how it works, you may give me a theoretical example and I will show how it is resolved.
11. Feel free to PM/aim/skype me if you have any concerns about the rules, or just want to chat. I always find players thoughts on the game interesting (and hilarious).[/Collapse]

[Collapse=Voting and Lynching]
1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, Vote: Swiss.
2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, Unvote Vote: Swiss. You do not need to unvote before revoting.
3. No lynch target is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. To do so, use the command Vote: No Lynch Target
4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
5. Twilight phase will be after the lynch or deadline is reached, but before the Game Moderator starts the night phase.
6. There is to be NO posts during Night.[/Collapse]

[collapse=Activity and Deadline]
1. You are required to post at least once every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances.
2. Deadlines will generally be 7-10 days long and generally decrease in length each cycle. The deadline may be changed if a majority vote for a deadline extension. To do so, use the command @Mod: Request Deadline Extension. Extensions will be given at the discretion of the Mod.[/collapse]

[collapse=Special Notes: ALL PLAYERS PLEASE READ!]
1. Do not play in a manner that is against the spirit of the game. I will not hesitate to replace or modkill those who try to ruin the game for others. Most of you should not have a problem with this, and I will notify you if I have any issues.
2. If you are going to be V/LA, PLEASE notify both myself in private, and the other players in the thread (and/or use the Social/V/LA thread).
3. Keep in mind that everyone wants to play a good game of mafia, so if you have time issues or prior commitments, either request replacement early or don't sign up!
4. Communication with the mods, as always, is key to the smooth running of a game. Send any questions or concerns to either myself or my fabulous co-mod Kataefi.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Players]
Alive

1. ~Bleck Mang~ (J/Gord Hydra)
2. dabuz
3. July
4. Rockin
6. Dark Horse
7. Swiss
8. Orboknown
10. felipe_9595
11. Red Ryu
13. Ryker

-Replacements (pm vanderzant if you would like to be a replacement!)
1. th3kuzinator
2. Ranmaru

The Dead

9. Jdietz43, Mafia Ninja, Lynched Day 1
12. No Lynch (Zen/Soup Hydra), Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 1
5. th3kuzinator, Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 1

[/collapse]

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Updates and other important info

Updates and other important info

~Bleck Mang~ (J/Gord Hydra) Replaces J.
No Lynch (Zen/Soup Hydra) Replaces Soup.
For all intents and purposes, Vote: No Lynch will be treated as a vote for the respective player slot.

All players should also note the following rule change. It has been highlighted in plum in the OP.
Bardull has been replaced by th3kuzinator.
felipe_9595 has been warned for breaking the following rule.

At this stage there will be no punishment. Next time there will be.

Play nicely children. I'm a man of my word.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Day 1 Begins!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTJIJyELTWM

It is a dark and stormy night. The Tower of Ancients looms threateningly over the land of Grans, engulfing the small village in an eerie shadow. Ordinarily, the tower is a dangerous place for adventurers and few dare to enter its vast halls, but the unusually fierce storm brings upon the very rage and destruction of the devils themselves.

It goes without saying. The Tower of Ancients is a remarkably sinister place, however, an even greater evil lies asleep at the very depths of its dungeons.

Zeon, King of the Devils, was long ago sealed away by the chosen Hero. For centuries, he has lay in an eternal slumber, undisturbed. Long ago forgotten by the countless generations of humans who called Grans their home. Trapped in this state, Zeon has been unable to unleash his wrath upon the entire world...

…Until now.

Meanwhile, in the King's throne room:

Astral… I fear the Holy Seal has been broken! Zeon's rage will engulf us all.

We still have time! Our only hope is to assemble the Shining Force!

An excellent idea Astral! I knew I could count on you in an emergency!

Zeon has only just been awoken, so his power is limited. If we can destroy Zeon's Minions, he will be at our mercy, and we might just be able to seal him back in the Tower.

Pay attention Astral! As I was saying... what? Why are y-NOOOOOO

At this moment you, a brave warrior of the Shining Force enter the room. You are joined by the familiar faces of your loyal comrades. Before you lies Sir Astral. He has suffered incredible injuries and can barely speak.

With his final breath of air, Sir Astral quickly explains the situation.

..brave warriors… the fate of the land rests upon your shoulders… beware… some of your numbers have been possessed… Zeon's gismo's… must stop… ergh!

vanderzant said:
Dear XXX, Welcome to Shining Force II Mafia!

You are Sir Astral the Vanilla Townie.

Special Ability: None

Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town have been eliminated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UYYyTjvq9Y

A few quiet moments pass before one of you breaks the silence.

"If King Granseal was possessed by an Evil Gismo, that means any of us could be as well! We must be on guard!"

Heads nod in agreement. Many share concerns and suggest ideas to find the intruders, however Red Ryu had nothing to say at all.

With the knowledge that outsiders have infiltrated your company, you and your companions begin the long journey to the tower of ancients. These intruders must be dealt with quickly… if the world is to be saved…

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Vote Count #1

A deadline has been set for Midnight (EST) 05/03/11. There are approximately 10 Days left until the deadline!

With 13 Alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Red Ryu has been Silenced, and any votes they cast will not be counted for the remainder of the Day!

Voting:
No one.

Not Voting (13):
Bleck Mang
dabuz
July
Rockin
Bardull
Dark Horse
Swiss
Orboknown
Jdietz43
felipe_9595
Red Ryu
No Lynch
Ryker

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Morning.

Vote: Swiss

Good Night.

Just to make it formal, I'll have Zen post in bold and in another color when he's posting.

Any other posts will be me.

Zen, If you're here, I'll be in the QT and lurking until further notice.

~Bleck Mang~

Smash Rookie
>Logs on to hydra account
>Sees three PMs.
>Notices this strange PM from a superbanned account:

julliet123 said:
Hello
I saw your profile today and it was so good to me.u know that i am interested to be a friend first.i also believe that coming to you will be a probability of meeting that very love that has been lacking in my entire life. please i will like you to contact me direct to my e-mail address,
(oumar.julie@yahoo.com) i dont know the posebility of remaing in forum for long time,i will give you a full introduction of my self with my pictures ok. i will be waiting for your mail to my e-mail adsdress
(oumar.julie@yahoo.com) as you know
there is no age,race,colour n religion bar when it comes to true love,
cares julie.

Please get back to me at (oumar.julie@yahoo.com)
>

But anyway, while I'm here for the short amount of time I am @Mod how should we distinguish voting No Lynch from voting for, well, a No Lynch?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I... I don't think I can resist my troll instincts when I see that face...

but it's prob. a bad idea lol, I dunno if I want to step on random people's toes first thing... mad tempting though

(Also this music is EPIC for the intro reading)

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
You seemed excited about the game starting, I'm kind of surprised you're tempted to end it now. How much mafia experience do you have btw?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
actually I should prob. shut my trap before I accidentally give mafia reason to pwn me lol

NO SOUP 4 U

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
once town and once mafia, and no they weren't, so I know enough to be like: 'OK'

then me and Ryu derped a herp at irl mafia lately and I jumped on board

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand what you mean.

We're only asking you a question, why would mafia 'pwn' you to be exact?

I had to take the wheel for a moment, sorry Zen.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
they prob. wouldn't but I dun wanna screw up royal straight off first game lol

Knowing me in 5 more minutes of chatter I'd be like: "Btw guys how am I supposed to play cop?.... ****." XD

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
See.. this is exactly what I was talking about... I already feel like I've handed my *** away lol

I should just keep quiet and stop blabbing to people who actually know what they're doing lest terribad things befall my personage

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
You know you can change your vote or unvote at any time, yeah? Just making sure you do. It's common to use your vote throughout the day. It doesn't necessarily mean you're ready to end the day.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
We decided to use the same color. Just treat me as No Lynch, the unlynchable bulletproof cop doctor vig ok?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
You know, we could just say something like "Vote: No Lynch (player)" to vote for the hydra.

Also, Nl, why were you asking Dietz why he hadn't voted yet, when really the only things so far have been RVS votes and you vs Ditz?

Swiss

Smash Lord
1. ~Bleck Mang~ (J/Gord Hydra) - Have you learnt to follow me blindly, or are you determined to try and become average?
2. dabuz - Who are you? Have we played before? Provide links to any previous DGames games.
3. July - You're easy to read. Forget what was said in the ranking thread. I'll have you pinned after a few posts. My question to you would be, how long til you have me pinned?
4. Rockin - Say something interesting. Poignant.
5. Bardull - I hear you're bad. Is this only as a certain alignment, or are merely incompetent?
6. Dark Horse -Is it of concern that you are transparent? If you had to vote either myself or Ryker now - why would it be Ryker?
7. Swiss - I understand you're the best player on DGames. Tell me, though, are you theatrical?
8. Orboknown - Ask me one question. Anything other than my role/alignment. My answer will be true and concise - question must be your next post.
9. Jdietz43 - You are who?
10. felipe_9595 - Do as I say.
11. Red Ryu - What is your game plan? Go in depth. Are you suspicious of NL (No Lynch)
12. No Lynch (Zen/Soup Hydra) - Speak.
13. Ryker - Shall we tell them? Admit or deny? I could out us now.

Top Bottom