• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note: Kill or be Killed. Inspired by HepAlien

Axel

J|Zεη
[collapse=1.0 Kill or Be Killed]
1. This game will begin sometime after Liar Game and Gigabots end and when J's schedule is free. Do not sign up if you do not think you will have time for this.
2. This is not a standard mafia game. Please read the rules and story carefully.
3. Do not post at anytime in this thread with an account other than the account I give you. This includes non-participants.

The Story:

For months now the Serial Killer known as Kira has been playing God, killing off those he finds as "evil" in the world, hoping to create a utopia for mankind. With the power of a otherworld notebook known as the Death Note, Kira has the power to kill any person he wishes by simply writing the name of the person he wants to die while imaging that person's face (as so not to kill people with the same name). Ryuuzaki, known to the world as L, has assembled a task force for stopping Kira whos identity has yet to be discovered. In Ryuuzaki's view Kira is nothing but a murder wrapped in his own delusions of riotousness.

Kira has secretly worked his way into the task force as an agent, planning to eliminate his pursuers (the man known as L and the rest of the task force). However, there is one problem that he must overcome. While Kira now knows the faces of those he wishes to eliminate, each member of the task force goes by an alias each created by L. No one in the task force other than L knows each others real name.

Now, Kira has found his way into L's secret files in the task force headquarters. Upon them he finds a list of names of all the people L had consider recruiting into the task force, including Kira's own name.

Swiss
Ryker
EvilEye
J
Circus
Vanderzant
Xiivi
Sold
Raziek
Sworddancer
SwordsRBroken
Kantrip
Bardull
Orboknown
Gorf
Th3Kuzinator
Katefi
Cello
Mayling
McFox
Tandora
Vinyl
Glyphmoney
BSL
JTB
Gova
Allegory
Ranmaru
July
Jdietz
Red Ryu
Marshy
Tom
KevinM
Rajam
Praxis
Asdioh
Overswarm
Soup~
Gheb_01
Xonar
Nicholas
Auspher
SangfroidWarrior
ShadowMoth
Inferno
Felipe
Werekill
Gargoline
DarkHorse
Omni
T-block
WashedLaundry
FrozenFlame
KirbyYoshi
Meta-Kirby
John2k4
X1-12
dabuz
Chibo
Rockin
Hilt
Adumbrodeus
Panta
Sephoroth's Masamune
Seiken
GiraffleLaserGun
Tery
Mentosman
Sokr
AisianAussie
Beat!
Jim Morrison
Meow
Nabe

"L, you fool. I win…" Kira thought to himself. Quickly, he copied all the names but his own and sent them to an untraceable email. Now all he had to do was get out of there, open up his email, and write each name nine times in his Death Note while visualizing a different one of the nine other member of the task force for each time. With all of them gone, he could take care of L with his own hands. After all, the ten of them were the only one's who knew L even really existed. Just as Kira was exiting the file, another popped up labeled as "My Identity". Would L really have this on in his files? Out of sheer curiosity, Kira clicked on the file. Immediately his eyes widened. He was so shocked he nearly shouted. In the file next to a picture of L read:

Name: Zen
Parents: Unknown

There was no way this could be real...right? It had to be just one of L's many decoy identities. Kira knew something was wrong about this, it couldn't have been this easy all this time. Despite this, he could not help himself. He had always carried an extra piece of the Death Note in a makeshift compartment in his wrist watch. Poking himself with the tiny needle he carried, he drew blood, and began writing the name on the piece of Death Note, using his blood as ink. His brain told him it was wrong, but his lust for L's death overcame his reason. After writing his name, he calmed down a bit and chuckled to himself for how ridiculous he was being. As If L would leave his identity so vulnerable. Kira exited out of the files and quietly left the room into the main investigation room where the rest of the Task Force had been busily working away. None of them even seemed to notice him entering the room. He quietly sat on one of the desk stations. After about ten seconds he looked up and spoke to remind everyone that work day was at end "well I suppose it's about time we call it a day". The others all stopped what they were doing to look at their watches. They had all been so busy, they lost track of time, which was generally the case. They were all very eager to catch Kira. One member spoke back "yeah I guess it is, anyone find anything useful today?" They all looked at L who was nibbling on a piece of cake. L was always the one making the big discoveries. If anyone had something, it would be him. When he noticed the awkward silence, he turned and looked at them all, wide-eyed an innocent looking. "Oh did you all want some too?" he gestured the cake towards them. The task force broke out in uncontrollable laughter. It had been a long time since any of them had a good laugh, but for some reason they couldn't help themselves but to laugh at this. But the laughter was soon broken.

"Ryuuzaki!!?!?" One of the member yelled. Cheerful faces soon turned to confusion as they all turned to face L. He had fallen to the ground, on his side clenching his chest. His cake was splattered next to him. "Ryuuzaki!!" They all cried as the ran to his aid. "Someone call 911!! Shawty Fire burning on the dance floor owowoowow." Kira, who had been the first to run to his aid held Ryuuzaki in his arms. "Ryuuzaki, Ryuuzaki!" He couldn't believe this was happening. Could he...could he really be responsible for this? His shock soon turned into a devilish joy as he glared down at Ryuuzaki in his arms. Ryuuzaki began to tear, and Kira never felt such amazement. Suddenly L began to smile… "...why is he smiling?" Kira thought in alarm. L's eyes slowly closed...before the members of the task force knew it, he had breathed his last breath. L, Ryuuzaki, Zen, was dead…

Kira layed L on the floor and stood, his back turned to the rest of the force. He smiled on the inside while working up fake tears on the outside… when suddenly…

"Beep!" The projector screen lit up in front of them. An image of L flickered on the screen. Doors and windows suddenly slammed shut all around them, locked tight. "Kira, Kira, Kira…" The L on the screen began to speak. "Members, of the task force, Kira… If you all are watching this, then it means my heart rate has stopped, and I am now dead. It also means that Kira is among you." The task force all gasped in shock at this. "I knew it would likely come to this.. I was prepared to die. It was the only way we could finally catch Kira. I lied to you all about why you were really here. I didn't select each of you because I felt you would all be helpful in catching Kira, but because I had suspicions of each of you in being Kira. I had narrowed down Kira into being an intelligent investigator, and because you all are now watching this, it seems I was correct on one of you…

"I have left you what you need to catch Kira, the man/woman that among you all. As we know, Kira needs both a face and a name to kill. I intentionally left my name in a file here in HQ, a file only Kira would access. This file contained a list of all your names among others I had suspicions of being Kira. I suspected Kira would attempt to get a hold of these names, seeing as he only had our faces. I also suspected that he would copy these names in some manner." An image of the list of names popped up. "As I thought it appears Kira coppied these names electronically. He would want to avoid carrying a hard copy. This is a list of all of your real names." Another list popped up. "These are all the names that had been copied from the file. The name that was not copied, is the identity of Kira…"

Kira's heart stopped. He was doomed. L...L had won… The members of the task force quickly scanned the two lists, comparing the names on each. Finally they all spotted the name that was missing on the copied list…The name "J". Kira, J, froze. It was really over…

"Well, which of us is J??" One member spoke out.

"None of us know each others real name…" another pointed out.

"Well why don't we all just reveal our names and then check to see if they match up with the list? My name is Xiivi" as soon as he said it, he realized his mistake. There were more names on the lists than there were of them. J could simply claim another name. "No...no..."

J grinned a sinister grin. While the rest of the members focused on Xiivi, he ninjally wrote out Xiivi's name on his hidden Death Note piece. As soon as he finished, he spoke out. "Well it looks like he can't kill without some method seeing as you're still alive. Unless, you are Kira…". All the members turned and stared at Xiivi.

"What, me!? Are you kidding? I'd never…"

"Hmm. Wait I got it, why don't we just run a search on all the names? See who's face shows up?" J replied. The others all agreed like it was obvious. They all began to rush over to computer station where three computers were set up in the room. As soon as they got there, Xiivi shouted "wait!" They all paused. Xiivi walked over to a chair and picked it up. He then walked over to the computer station, and to everyone's amazement, he began smashing the computers to bits.

"Stop him!" Someone shouted. J ran and tackled Xiivi to the ground. Xiivi flung around furiously like a mad man. He had completely lost it. A few moments later he suddenly stopped. He lay completely still. J stood, and they all looked down on him. Xiivi was dead. They all knew what had happened. Kira is able control the actions of whomever he kills before they die. J, with a concerned look rushed over to the computers. As he hoped, they were all destroyed. L's voiced appeared once again from the main screen.

"I have locked this room entirely. All it takes is for one of you to enter this code on the keypad in the back for the room to unlock" A code appeared on the screen. "Once you have determined who Kira is, you will all be able to freely leave. Of course anyone who attempts to leave before hand must be Kira. Good luck to you all. I am glad I have had the chance of working with you… Goodbye." And with that, L's image went blank, leaving only the list of names and the key code on the screen. They all went silent after that. Minutes passed...hours...

…"That's it…" J spoke out. "I'm not leaving here until Kira is caught. I'll do whatever it takes". The others all nodded and spoke in agreement.

Another member spoke. "It's horrible it has come to this...but I don't think we really have a choice. I think we have to kill who we think is Kira… try and find out which one of us is J… We can maybe vote on which of us we think he is… and the person who receives the majority vote we can kill…" They all fell silent. They all knew it was a horrible thing to do, but really did they have any other choice? It was do or die. They couldn't leave here with Kira alive. This was their only chance of surviving and catching Kira. They all agreed it was the only way. And with that, the manhunt began…

How to play:

-Sign up with me via private message. It is important that you do not reveal that you are playing this game to anyone if you wish to keep your identity secret.
-I will give you one dummy account (which will have the same restrictions of a hydra). Dummy accounts may only post in this thread. Furthermore, only dummy accounts and the mod may post in this thread.
-There is one long phase of this game. It is the goal of the players to catch and kill the one and only Kira. You only have one shot at this.
-You may vote for who you wish to kill using the command "Vote: [dummy] player name" in bolded white text. When a majority vote is reached, the game will end.
-If at anytime you reveal your identity, you will be killed.
-Be carful not to reveal too much information. Once every 7 hours, Kira may PM the mod with the face (avatar pic) of one [dummy] player and the name of who they believe to be their true identity. If they are correct, that player will be killed!
-Votes will be reset anytime a player is killed.

Extra Rules:

-The use of code is not allowed.
-You may not talk about this game outside of the thread.
-There is no deadline, however, the more time you give Kira, the more chances he has to determine each of your identities. It is important that each of you remain active because of this.
-Moderators playing the game may not use any moderator source of information to determine a player's identity. This includes IP number. This rule is enforced only by the honor system.
-If you unintentionally come across any information like this, please inform me and you will be anonymously replaced.
-Any player who breaks a rule will be anonymously replaced.

PM me any questions and concerns. I just thought of this while I was napping earlier thinking about HepAlien and just typed this up tonight and now it's 4am. I haven't really looked over the problems it could have. Yay spontaneity xP

(btw this isn't the game I signed up in the queue. That's actually going to be a strait up mafia game)
[/collapse]
[collapse=2.0]i like pie[/collapse]

Top Bottom