• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Adventure - Cancelled!!!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Welcome to the first dGames Pokémon adventure game! Create your own character, explore the world of Kanto and prove that you are the master of the great Pokémon adventure. 12 players can join this challenge - a challenge that demands smarts, skill and teamwork to win. And the best thing: it's very simple to play as long as you sign up right in time ;)

* I will avoid RNG based outcomes of actions at all costs. Common sense and previous actions taken will be the most important factors.
* This is a role playing game, which means you have to post in character. Don't sign up if you don't feel comfortable coming up with a character.
* Activity will be important. Unless you're announcing V/LA status [accomodations will be made in such a case] you're required to make at least 3 posts in a week.
* This game will not be played on a private messenger but on SWF and - for the most part - in individual quicktopics. All of that will be provided by the mod in due time.

As you see, there isn't much asked for you to take part in this adventure. With that clarified let's move on to the general course of the sign-ups/pre-game and the game itself:

* Wanna play? Post in this thread to confirm that you wish to take part in this adventure. The sign-up phase ends once 12 players have confirmed their interest.
* Once the game has filled it's time for you to create your character. This character must be human. Send me a PM with the [Name of the character], a bit of his personal background, his interests in life, his talents, et cetera - I will get in contact with the players and help them flesh out a "real" character that they're going to play as with the information they've sent me. Once all characters have been created I will send out the role PMs.
* Players will generally have three win conditions named in their role PM. Once they have successfully finished two of those they will leave the game as "winner". The game ends once half of the game's players have successfully finished two of their three win conditions.
* After the role PMs have been sent out I will update this thread with a number of missions available. Those missions are generally played in groups of 3 people, whose success in that mission is part of their win condition. For example:

Mission 1: Catch Pikachu! [Xonar, Ryker, Gheb]
Mission 2: Defeat Brock! [Xonar, Ryker, Gorf]
Mission 3: Beat the Elite 4! [Xonar, Gheb, Gorf]
Mission 4: Stop Team Rocket! [Ryker, Gheb, Gorf]

* Once these missions are added in the OP each player may choose one mission to play in by sending me their choice via PM - the player must be allowed for that mission! If your name isn't next to the mission you may not vote to play in it!. This will determine the assignment of players and missions.
* Fulfilling a mission that you have been assigned to by me will help you to obtain your win condition so no worries about that
* Once the first wave of missions have been set I will send out quicktopic links in which the game will be played. People who have been assigned for the mission will play in the same quicktopic.
* While you generally have a lot of freedom to roam and travel you should always keep your win condition in mind. You can perform actions by writing the desired action in bold letter. If you post [make summersault] the character will perform a summersault.
* If a player needs to ask the mod a question or make an out of context comment, the player should label the comment as such using this tag: "==OOC==" and then putting the out of context comments below.
* You are not allowed to talk to anybody except the mod about this game in private as long as it hasn't finished. You are not allowed to share any information that has been revealed in a quicktopic - no matter by whom. Likewise, you're not allowed to share your quicktopic link to anybody. The quicktopics will be revealed by the game mod after the game has finished. All of these offences will be punished with an instant modkill!

Sign-ups:
1. Xonar
2. Ryker
3. Gorf
4. JTB
5. Raziek
6. Orboknown
7. John2k4
8. Dooms
9. Glyph
10. Kantrip
11. Ronike
12. tmw_redcell

Replacements:
1.) Werekill
2.) BSL

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
~ The missions ~

Mission #1: The rulers of heaven [Gale, Ryqyce, John Storm]
Mission #2: Terror of the ancient skies [Gale, Katalin, Lance's son]
Mission #3: Dreadful revival [Ryqyce, Julius, Katalin]
Mission #4: Reach for the stars [Gale, Roger, Scotty]
Mission #5: Rescue mission [Roger, Scotty, Ryqyce]
Mission #6: Silph Stealth [Julius, Adam, Isaac]
Mission #7: A being from the myths [Scotty, Lance's son, John Storm]
Mission #8: The stone of wisdom and power [Katalin, John Storm, August]
Mission #9: The outer extreme of life [Julius, Adam, Sho]
Mission #10: The ghost ship [Sho, Roger, Isaac]
Mission #11: Killer in red [August, Lance's son, Adam]
Mission #12: The source of all power [Isaac, Sho, August]

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
"So you're off to an adventure, huh? Me? I have a name but if I told you it you wouldn't really gain anything from it. Most people used to call me "Red" because of my hair color ...
No, I'm not kidding you. I am Red, the grandson of Prof. Oak and former Champion of the Kanto elite 4. It's a long time ago though ... it has to be 40 years by now and a lot happened. Gramps died - may he rest in peace - and I decided to quit being a trainer and took over the lab. So I guess *I* am "Prof. Oak" now although a lot of people also call me "Prof. Red" to avoid confusion with my father and my son. Yeah, I do have a son now. But it hasn't always been this nice to be on Kanto, you know ...

I'm sure you've heard about it in history class ... 40 years ago a guy nicknamed "Blue" traveled Kanto around the same time as I and changed the face of the whole land. Not only were we the first two to defeat the entire elite 4 but we also managed to destroy a young underground organization named team Rocket. They have disappeared from Kanto and shook other lands in terror. A lot of things have changed though ... with Rocket out of the picture the economy and culture bloomed throughout the next 15 years. Blue wasn't there when it happened but gramps died during that time and I took over the lab. Had either of them known what would happen after that, heaven forbid!
Team Rocket came back stronger than before and with Blue in foreign lands and me having quit being a trainer for a while they seemed unstoppable. They even managed to assasinate the Elite 4 and took the entire wing from the Indigo Plateau onto Viridan City as their base from where they'd continue to attack the land until they had all of it under control ...

... Kanto was in Rocket's hands ... for no less than 10 years. The entire uprise of the land came to a quick halt. Rocket intentionally destroyed the wjhole educational sector to keep the citizens of Kanto under control. Pollution, Crime, Famines and Terror were on the daily order, especially in the bigger cities Pewter and Saffron. The climate has been irreversibly changed during that time and a lot of Pokemon disappeared into different areas outside of Kanto. It was a dark time in the history of Kanto .... I wish I could just forget about it and all the lives that were lost to the hand of Team Rocket. They were a lot more extreme than back when I fought them ... had I been able to foresee it I'd never have stopped as a trainer.

Fortunately, the dominance of Rocket in Kanto let off after internal conflicts shook the organization from deep within. Rumours that important members left the organization gave the people of Kanto hope and after a lot of revolts - underground resistances have been found but they have not seen any success up until that time - Team Rocket was finally defeated. For the next 15 years Kanto would continue to bloom and become the beatiful place that it has become now. Only a few regions are still destroyed - mainly the paths west of Viridian City, where the Rocket hideout used to be. Here, take a look at the Kanto map:

The whole area between Pallet Town and Viridian Forest has remained almost the same from when I was young. The climate is affected by the surrounding seas so you will often find rainy weather and mild temperatures throughout the entire year. There are no dangerous Pokemon in the area so you're pretty safe to travel here as well. Even Viridan Forest has become a pretty safe place to travel through by now. As for me, I live in Pallet Town now. Come pay me a visit whenever you feel like you're stuck on your journey!

The northern region of Kanto - reaching from Pewter City onto the Rock Tunnel - is a bit more dangerous. Traveling the area is more difficult due to the more extreme climatic changes throughout the year. The summers are very hot and dry, the winters are cold and stormy and most of the Pokemon in the area have reached their strongest form sometime at the beginning of autumn so you're only really safe to travel there in spring ... unless you're a semi-professional traveler or seasoned trainer.
Pewter City has grown quite a bit before and after Team Rocket controlled Kanto. Being the only big City in the northwest of Kanto it became a rather popular place to live quite soon. It is mostly known for its scientific achievements though. A nature-historical museum, a research institute and the northern faculty of the Great Kanto University are all located there. If you're into science research or the history of Kanto then you should check this place out for sure.
The center of Kanto surely has changed the most though. All the surrounding towns of Saffron City have grown together into one big agglomeration. They're still named the same but their essentially part of one town: Saffron City being the very center, the business district and home of the central faculty of the Great Kanto University; Celadon City the shopping district; Vermillion City has direct access to the sea and fishing is huge there. Lavender Town and Cerulean City have become big living quarters within the agglomeration. Even when Rocket dissapeared crime has become somewhat of an issue there. I haven't really seen all of it though. The city is HUGE now and other than a few visits to the research laboratories of the local faculty I stayed away from it. I guess it's a lot more attractive to young, urban people than to an old geezer like me.
The south has been the area that has generally been the least affected during all this time even though Team Rocket removed a lot of the wasteland that appeared on Cinnabar Island after the Vulcano reduced the island to ashes. It is extinct now though and since there was little to gain for Team Rocket there it became a popular place for scolars and other people to travel to. The research institute has recently been added asthe southern faculty of the Great Kanto University. They're investigating a lot of the sea life. Fuchsia City has had its Safari Zone reopened - it was first used as a cashcow by Team Rocket so it's been kept in shape rather well by them. If you ever go into the south of Kanto you shouldn't miss your chance to explore the whole region. The climate is warm and there's a lot to explore - rare Pokemon, archeological evidence of the past, the wide open sea ... a lot of things you won't get to see around here.

That's about the gist of it. As you see, a has changed in Kanto so if you ever feel lost don't hesitate to visit me in my lab in Pallet town. I will try my best to help you on your journey.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
/in

You nerds have no idea how big my AGame muscles are

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
EE ain't in this game though, and even if he was my pokemuscles are exponentially more massive than his

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Dibs on playing the game as X9. Sucks to be you Ryker

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
also, mashad literally pre-inned every adventure game ever once, and even confirmed it when Pokémon was getting tossed around :b:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Will this be threadbased or traditional AGame AIM shiz?
Most of the gameplay will take place in QTs because I don't wanna make a new thread for each mission and because it's easier to play under an alt.-account that way.

also when does it start
Well now that the game has pretty much filled, I will use the time over the weekend to get in contact with the players regarding the character design. Once all of that has been fixed we will start - I expect it to be after the weekend.

also, mashad literally pre-inned every adventure game ever once, and even confirmed it when Pokémon was getting tossed around :b:
The problem with redcell is that he hardly ever posts here. I tenatively gave him the last spot on the sign-ups list because I know he's such a sucker for adventure games. Get him to post in here and confirm though, please.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yes, but a G/S/C Remix may or may not happen depending on this game's success.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Since the game has virtually filled now you can start sending me info related to your character.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Game's officially filled now. Characters should be done until next week for sure!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Man I totally had dibbz on a slot in this like 3 months ago or something.

:c

:phone:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Ill have my info in later today

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Still out of town. Got the PM, should have everything in tomorrow

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Alright, most of the PMs are done or on their way to get done. Starting this before the weekend.

Top Bottom