• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hearts Mafia - Game over! Who won?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer

Welcome to Hearts Mafia!

Welcome-welcome to Hearts Mafia! For any of you who don't know, Hearts is trick taking based card game that revolves around the Hearts suit. But don't worry, no knowledge of the actual Hearts card game is necessary to play, nor will it give you any advantage.

There is however, one minor twist on this game of Mafia...

In the game of Hearts: a full game usually consists of 13 individual rounds using one standard 52 card deck of playing cards

For each game day played, you will each play a full game of "Hearts". Each post made will count as a "card played" until you reach the full count of 676 individual turns that make up a full game of Hearts. When that post total is reached for the day, the day immediately ends (Majority vote used for lynch if limit is reached) and no further posting will be allowed until the next day. If for any reason the day doesn't exceed 676 posts by 13 days time, it will be assumed the rounds have been taken and the day is done.

With this in mind: everyone will have to post carefully, keeping careful watch on both the amount of posts they take up, and the intent behind posting habits of others. Be careful treading the line between walls and post count gobbling.

Read the more specific rules below and contact me with any questions. I recommend at least checking the “Game Specific” rules to understand the post limit twist.

Confirm either in thread or respond to your role PM. Day 1 will begin when a good majority of players have confirmed.

(and don't be shy if you weren't contacted or didn't get to joining this game in time, we could always use replacements. Drop me a PM if you're interested.)

[collapse=Rules]Fundamentals:

1.) Don't be a **** to others. Though doing so may amuse the moderator, it may not amuse others and thus won't be tolerated
2.) Once you have died in the game, you are allowed to make 1 more generic post consisting of “bah go scum/town”.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise).
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread. Those of you who are repeat offenders of this (you know who you are) should know that I will not hesitate to modkill upon the discovery of ANY discussion outside of thread if your role PM does not allow it. Just don't do it, it ruins games.
4a.) I mean it about rule 4.
4b.) I will be checking the Skype call regularly for instances of cheating. There will be NO warnings. If I catch ANY discussion about this game in illegal areas, I will IMMEDIATELY modkill you and blacklist you from any further games I ever run. Even if you think that what you're posting will not affect the game, just don't do it.
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6.) I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
7.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
8.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
9.) The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
10.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players. This includes hydras. You are free to paraphrase.
11.) Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in that action being randomized.
12.) Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on my discretion.

Voting and Lynching:

1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, Vote: Tom.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, Unvote: Marshy
3.) You do not have to unvote before voting another player.
4.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
5.) There will be NO designated Twilight Phase. Twilight will only last until I am able to put up the flip.
6.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without the pre-determined vote amount to lynch reached, majority vote rules.
7.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase. The thread should be closed anyway.

Activity and Deadlines:

1.) You will be expected to post every 24 hours but are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
2.) I do not expect to grant any deadline extensions. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will generally last until the post count quota is reached, or 13 days maximum if the post count is not reached in that time.
4.) Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught.

Game-specific:

1.) The game mod is the game god. However, if you feel the game god happens to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out via PM.
2.) All roles are assigned by randomization. Specifically I will actually take cards representing the roles you'll be given and shuffle them to pair them with a player.
3.) Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
4.) All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.
5.) I confirm the absence of roles such as: Jester, Lyncher, Contract Hitman, Rouge, Governor. I do not confirm or deny the absence of any other roles.
6.) Do not post in the color Searing Orange
7.) Each day will only be allowed to have a maximum of 676 posts total counting all player and mod posts. If a lynch is not reached by this time, majority rules and the option with the most votes (including No Lynch) will be chosen as the pick for the day. In the case of a tie, there will be no lynch.
8.) In the interest of not shorthanding the players of their 676 post allotment, there will be no mod votecount posts unless specifically asked for by a player with the syntax @Mod: Request Votecount[/collapse]

[collapse=Sample Role PM]Greetings Zen, and welcome to Hearts Mafia! Now let's get down to business, I'm sure you're anxiously waiting to see what card the fickle hand of fate has dealt you this game, so without further ado...

You are The 7 of Diamonds, Fake Vanilla Town Example Role PM

Let's be honest, you're nothing special. You're a Heart (kind of...), and a good one like all the rest, but you don't have anything unique to contribute like some of the others might. Not to be disparaging though, you've still got plenty to bring to the table in rooting out the Spades, and you won't let them take over without a fight! You're going to show them you're more than just a rank and number, and send them home packing!

Special Abilities: Your special abilities are your vote and your voice, use them well!

Win Condition: You are Heart aligned and win when all Spade threats to town have been eliminated. Good Luck![/collapse]

[collapse=Player List]
1. JTB
2. Ranmaru
3. Bardull
4. Circus
5. Sokr
6. Mockingjay (J/SangfroidWarrior hydra) J
7. Gorf
8. John2k4
9. July
10. Red Ryu
11. Nabe
12. Marshy
13. Raziek

Replacements:
3.[/collapse]

[COLLAPSE="Players Alive"]
2. Ranmaru
6. J
8. John2k4
11. Nabe
12. Marshy

Bardull 10 of Hearts, Vanilla Town lynched D1
Circus 3 of Hearts, Vanilla Town killed N1
Sokr 7 of Hearts, Vanilla Town lynched D2
Gorf 6 of Hearts, Vanilla Town killed N2
JTB 8 of Hearts, Vanilla Town killed N2
Red Ryu The Two of Hearts, Jack of All Trades lynched D3
Raziek The Queen of Hearts, Town Doctor killed N3
July The Ace of Spades, Independent Super Mafia lynched D4
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Key Events"]End of D1/N1

End of D2/N2

End of D3/N3

End of Game[/COLLAPSE]

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
(Current as of Post #1334)
With 8 alive it take 5 to lynch!

John2k4 [0] –
July [0] -
Marshy [2] – July, Ranmaru
J [1] – Red Ryu
Nabe [0] -
Ranmaru [0] -
Raziek [0] –
Red Ryu [3] – Marshy, Nabe, J

Not Voting [2] – John, Raziek

Last Allowed Post of the Day: Post #1334
Secondary 13 Day Deadline: 5/26 11:59 EST

[COLLAPSE="Post #10"](Current as of Post #10)

With 13 alive it take 7 to lynch!

Bardull [0] -
Circus [0] -
Gorf [0] -
John2k4 [0] -
JTB [0] -
July [0] -
Marshy [0] -
Mockingjay [0] -
Nabe [0] -
Ranmaru [0] -
Raziek [0] -
Red Ryu [0] -
Sokr [0] -

Not Voting [0] -

Last Allowed Post of the Day: Post #686
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Post #45"](Current as of Post #45)

Bardull [0] -
Circus [1] - Ranmaru
Gorf [0] -
John2k4 [1] - Circus
JTB [1] – Red Ryu
July [0] -
Marshy [0] –
Mockingjay [2] – Nabe, Gorf
Nabe [0] -
Ranmaru [1] - July
Raziek [0] -
Red Ryu [2] - JTB, John
Sokr [2] – Mockingjay, Bardull

Not Voting [3] – Marshy, Raziek, Sokr
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Post #87"]With 13 alive it take 7 to lynch!

Bardull [3] – Mockingjay, Gorf, Nabe
Circus [0] -
Gorf [0] -
John2k4 [2] – Circus, Bardull
JTB [2] – Red Ryu, July
July [0] -
Marshy [0] –
Mockingjay [1] – Marshy
Nabe [0] -
Ranmaru [0] -
Raziek [1] – Ranmaru
Red Ryu [2] - JTB, John
Sokr [0] –

Not Voting [2] – Raziek, Sokr

[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Post #114"](Current as of Post #114)

Bardull [4] – Mockingjay, Gorf, Nabe, Red Ryu
Circus [0] -
Gorf [1] - Bardull
John2k4 [1] – Circus
JTB [1] – July
July [0] -
Marshy [0] –
Mockingjay [1] – Marshy
Nabe [0] -
Ranmaru [0] -
Raziek [1] – Ranmaru
Red Ryu [2] - JTB, John
Sokr [0] –

Not Voting [2] – Raziek, Sokr

[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Post #161"](Current as of Post #161)

Bardull [4] – Mockingjay, Gorf, Nabe, JTB
Circus [0] -
Gorf [0] -
John2k4 [1] – Bardull
JTB [0] –
July [0] -
Marshy [0] –
Mockingjay [1] – Marshy
Nabe [0] -
Ranmaru [1] - July
Raziek [1] – Ranmaru
Red Ryu [0] -
Sokr [0] –

Not Voting [5] – Raziek, Sokr, Red Ryu, John, Circus

[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Post #224"](Current as of Post #224)

Bardull [6] – Mockingjay, Gorf, Nabe, JTB, Red Ryu, Circus
Circus [0] -
Gorf [0] -
John2k4 [0] –
JTB [0] –
July [0] -
Marshy [0] –
Mockingjay [2] – Marshy, Bardull
Nabe [0] -
Ranmaru [1] - July
Raziek [1] – Ranmaru
Red Ryu [0] -
Sokr [0] –

Not Voting [3] – Raziek, Sokr, John

Secondary 13 Day Deadline: 5/9 11:59 EST
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Post #266"](Current as of Post #266)

Bardull [6] – Mockingjay, Gorf, Nabe, JTB, Circus, Marshy
Circus [0] -
Gorf [0] -
John2k4 [0] –
JTB [0] –
July [0] -
Marshy [0] –
Mockingjay [1] – Bardull
Nabe [0] -
Ranmaru [1] - July
Raziek [1] – Ranmaru
Red Ryu [0] -
Sokr [0] –

Not Voting [4] – Raziek, Sokr, John, Red Ryu

Secondary 13 Day Deadline: 5/9 11:59 EST
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Post #904"](Current as of Post #904)

John2k4 [0] –
July [0] -
Marshy [0] –
J [1] – Marshy
Nabe [0] -
Ranmaru [0] -
Raziek [0] –
Red Ryu [0] -

Not Voting [7] – John, July, Nabe, Raziek, Red Ryu, J, Ranmaru

[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Post #1334"](Current as of Post #1334)

John2k4 [0] –
July [0] -
Marshy [2] – July, Ranmaru
J [1] – Red Ryu
Nabe [0] -
Ranmaru [0] -
Raziek [0] –
Red Ryu [3] – Marshy, Nabe, J

Not Voting [2] – John, Raziek

[/COLLAPSE]

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Wasn't zen modding this?

Also, confirmed.

:phone:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Given the mechanics of the game, you should lock the thread and confirm via PM to avoid early discussion before the game starts.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Given the mechanics of the game, you should lock the thread and confirm via PM to avoid early discussion before the game starts.

I suppose that's fair. I didn't think people would jump the gun, but if you're worried about it I can lock the thread.

PM me your confirmations then. (not you guys who already confirmed)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Guys, you know there are post numbers, right?

Once day 1 starts (on say post 20), just add 676 to that and you've got your day 1 end. You don't have to use the actual number of posts in the thread.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer

All players have confirmed! The game can now officially start. If you play your cards right, and keep your hand close to your chest; with a little luck you can shoot the moon!

(Remember: As mod vote-count posts count as posts and I don't wish to constantly shift the deadline post, I will only be giving out a vote-count in thread if a player requests it via @Mod: Request Votecount. I will attempt to keep Post #2 updated with a current vote count to better facilitate this... probably updated every ~100 posts or so or if some big shift happens. I will keep old vote counts in collapses as part of post #2)

Day 1 Begins! Deadline: Post #686

Mockingjay

Smash Rookie
Alright this game seems like it will be fun! So I checked how many pages this game will be (in terms of deadline) and its about 17 pages which seems quite a lot when looked at in retrospect but most D1s are the longest with it lasting to about pg 30 nowadays. Sang and Myself will be most likely limiting ourselves to posting too too often *due to our schedules and we prefer having our thoughts more fleshed out>massive amounts of posts*

Due to past experiences, I would like to kindly ask Ran/Bardull if you two would limit the amount of posts you guys make because it will not only flood the thread but it also subtracts from our deadline/discussion time. Just from past experience, you two do like to post loooots haha.

Got a question, due to our posting being limited, what are peoples thoughts on having an RVS phase in the game?

Vote: Sokr

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Bardull - Don't self hammer, ok? Although with this player list, you should be able to keep your cool.
Circus - Long time no see :c
Gorf - Sup mang, want to buddy up for this game? Should we just quicklynch RR?
John2k4 - Hi John! What sort of scumtells will you be looking for this game?
JTB - Please stay active.
July - Hi July!
Marshy - Since you are inactive in games without a postcount cap, do you plan to be active in a game with one? Are there any players here that we should worry about?
Mockingjay -

Nabe - See my question to John ^^
Ranmaru - Try not to run rampart with questions, think about what information you are trying to gain from a player rather than just hoping for some slip up.
Raziek - Hi Raziek!
Red Ryu - Shouldn't we just keep marshy alive since he doesn't play the game and just hammers whomever is L-1?
Sokr - Hi Sokr, who do you think is the most threatening player as scum in this player list?

vote: RR

July

Smash Apprentice
With 676 turns/posts available per day, that splits up into 52 posts per person per day, so it would be good if players who post a lot and multipost post more succinctly instead and make sure everyone gets a chance to post up to 52 posts as well. That definitely works for my playstyle, but some people will have to be more aware of how much they post here than they usually are.

@J: I don't think I've ever seen a game that doesn't have at least a brief RVS/RQS period unless its a game where discussion of mechanics is necessary, so I'm fine with RVS happening as long as it doesn't reach past about post 100. And everyone so far has already contributed to RVS so it's unavoidable lol.

Vote: Ranmaru

Hi JTB! Do you think the postcount cap will help keep the game active?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
July, I believe the post count cap will keep the game active since town needs to make use of the limited posts to find scum and scum wants to run out the number of posts in the day. Meaningless questions should be avoided, hence my comment to Ran. However, posts like the ones that RR has been making are detrimental to town.

Mockingjay

Smash Rookie
@J: I don't think I've ever seen a game that doesn't have at least a brief RVS/RQS period unless its a game where discussion of mechanics is necessary, so I'm fine with RVS happening as long as it doesn't reach past about post 100. And everyone so far has already contributed to RVS so it's unavoidable lol.

Vote: Ranmaru
I actually do like the idea you are proposing towards the game of having it be shortened. My thing about RVS was just a consideration and as long as it doesn't go past post 100.

RR, I am finding it really hard to understand your posts like completely because I can't really read them and they are(as JTB said) are beginning to clog the thread a bit. Are you doing the posting as a joke or...?

@JTB:

July

Smash Apprentice
Hiua July, howewsa are yua?

JTB ir supter scum rifght?
Hi RR, I'm alright, glad that I was able to decipher what you are saying so far.

Not finding JTB scummy or towny yet. What about his #13 do you not like and do you find any of his questions useless or anti-town?

July, I believe the post count cap will keep the game active since town needs to make use of the limited posts to find scum and scum wants to run out the number of posts in the day. Meaningless questions should be avoided, hence my comment to Ran. However, posts like the ones that RR has been making are detrimental to town.
Kk, I agree that I expect this game to be relatively active thanks to the postcount cap, I think that people will also be active so that they get to say what they need to say before the number of posts run out.

Pretty much the same question I asked RR, but what about RR's posts so far do you find explicitly detrimental to town?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Red Ruy log the **** off, or at least ignore this thread until you've reached a point of sobriety so you don't totally **** US OVER.

=OoC=

@Sang I hope there's no hard feelings from our previous game, know that I get the difference between where the game lies and DO know where the limit is. I won't push it this time, and this is my form of saying I'm sorry

=/Ooc=

JTB, no. But you're town so welcome to lylo.

Don't think I like MockingJ cuz of that last question, how do you expect the game to progress. Gonna love July this game cuz I'm gonna be posting in the same manner. Cheers.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
July, his posts are detrimental in the sense that they don't do anything to help us out of rvs and just use up our limited posts.

Add in the fact that he's pretending to post drunk because honestly, no one is drunk this early on a Thursday :p

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Whu you soi worried peioples? We got times and syuffs.

676/40 = 16.9

16.9 pagrwes gurs.

JTB so scummuy, I canm seer it in his eues111

Vote: JTB

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If irts not ****ing obviours what I'm doing, yur dumb as bricks. Igf you thunk I ams drunk rifght now youe alsio dumb.

Deitz is a kerk.

@July: I diskirk jis fumb attitufde. Inferesting her doesn"t adk me ig I gotya dio thes.

John2k4

The End of an Era
We give Ruy one shot at playing a game non-drunk, and this happens. :smirk:

John2k4

The End of an Era
EBWOP: Gah that was supposed to be a =3.

Let's see...two things so far.
Dat playerlist.
JTB - Scumhunting's da bess. :awesome:

Mockingjay

Smash Rookie
I don't get why we should all together stop posting even though half the playerlist hasn't yet because we can still talk.

John, serious or non-serious? ;P

Opinion: Personally, I don't see anything scummy coming from RR in the last couple of posts. I can see the argument for being anti-town due to his apparent "restriction"(?). I feel John's posts have been far more useless than RR's because they just seem fluffy instead of where in RR's posts I see more of a stance on JTB for why *when July prodded him* whereas John just hopped with JTB.

John2k4

The End of an Era
More like I answered JTB's thing at me.
But whatever floats your boat, Mjay. =P

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Alright this game seems like it will be fun! So I checked how many pages this game will be (in terms of deadline) and its about 17 pages which seems quite a lot when looked at in retrospect but most D1s are the longest with it lasting to about pg 30 nowadays. Sang and Myself will be most likely limiting ourselves to posting too too often *due to our schedules and we prefer having our thoughts more fleshed out>massive amounts of posts*

Due to past experiences, I would like to kindly ask Ran/Bardull if you two would limit the amount of posts you guys make because it will not only flood the thread but it also subtracts from our deadline/discussion time. Just from past experience, you two do like to post loooots haha.

Got a question, due to our posting being limited, what are peoples thoughts on having an RVS phase in the game?

Vote: Sokr
I would like to keep RVS to the minimum here, ideally.
Bardull - Don't self hammer, ok? Although with this player list, you should be able to keep your cool.
Circus - Long time no see :c
Gorf - Sup mang, want to buddy up for this game? Should we just quicklynch RR?
John2k4 - Hi John! What sort of scumtells will you be looking for this game?
JTB - Please stay active.
July - Hi July!
Marshy - Since you are inactive in games without a postcount cap, do you plan to be active in a game with one? Are there any players here that we should worry about?
Mockingjay -

Nabe - See my question to John ^^
Ranmaru - Try not to run rampart with questions, think about what information you are trying to gain from a player rather than just hoping for some slip up.
Raziek - Hi Raziek!
Red Ryu - Shouldn't we just keep marshy alive since he doesn't play the game and just hammers whomever is L-1?
Sokr - Hi Sokr, who do you think is the most threatening player as scum in this player list?

Hello, JTB.

WRT your questions:

Why are you wanting to buddy Gorf?

Explain the Town motivation in asking John what scumtells he's looking for. How does Town benefit from that knowledge?
Ruy Ruy Ruy Ruy Ruy Ruy Ruy
Vote: Ruy

Dat playerlist.
Keep your posts concise, John. This could have been one post rather than three.
I don't get why we should all together stop posting even though half the playerlist hasn't yet because we can still talk.

Opinion: Personally, I don't see anything scummy coming from RR in the last couple of posts. I can see the argument for being anti-town due to his apparent "restriction"(?). I feel John's posts have been far more useless than RR's because they just seem fluffy instead of where in RR's posts I see more of a stance on JTB for why *when July prodded him* whereas John just hopped with JTB.
I highly doubt Ruy has a restriction, and if he continues wasting posts and being unintelligible I have no qualms with lynching him.

Now, can we protect the integrity of this thread and keep the useless posts to a minimum?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vote: Circus

Because you are gaara. He would deff stick his tongue out.

Anyways, yeah I see people being worried about my posting style. I'll of course only post 52 times... >_> *curses mod* but of course I won't stop being myself. I'll just limit it to who I feel it is best on who I can scumhunt on. You know? I'm not going to stop scumhunting like I usually do because then I'm not playing the game. I will try to adapt to it tho.

I feel we still have to have RVS in the game. How else will we move forward? I think it would benefit us because if we have a good d1, we'll have a good foundation to look back to days after. Just because we have 676 post limits doesn't mean we should try to drop it. Again, maybe we can just try to adapt.

Here's a thought. Would scum benefit from the post limit?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yes, should we run short on posts. They can force us to scramble by staging arguments and wasting time.

However, I don't see the need to limit more active players to 52 posts, if only because there will certainly be players who don't use all 52.

I won't condone useless posts, though.

Jay, talk to me about how you believe we should deal with players who posts, but provide no, or empty content?

Mockingjay

Smash Rookie
Ideally, we should deal with them by getting them to please remain quiet and not say anything more. However, I am not against pressuring those who are being utterly useless with the content they bring about. With each post in this game, it is somewhat much more valuable there will be much fewer. Fluff-posting is a scum-tell I like to follow and this game it will become a bit more evident that someone is by wasting our day phase which is kind of like a ticking time bomb ooooor like Majora's Mask with the Moon slowly coming down with each step.

@Ran: We are not asking you to stop playing how you normally are, we are just asking you to not blow up the thread with a mass amount of posts that will limit us from being able to do more than just focus on your slot/the one you have intertwined yourself with if you get what I mean haha.

With regards to your question, I don't really see how anyone benefits from the restriction of post capping. o_o Can you explain how you feel scum would benefit in that sort of situation?

@Raz/July: What do you think of John's response to my semi-callout of him?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Vote: John2k4

Is it an RVS vote? Or something more? My spine tingles with anticipation!

Realtalk: I do not support any kind of posting caps in regards to RVS, individual players, or otherwise. I don't want anyone to feel like they have any kind of excuse to coast. Content in posts will be worth keeping an eye on, but quantity won't. The post count problem will also become less and less of a problem as time goes on, so I'm not that worried about it.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Vote: MockingJay
(probably Sang)

Been a while (Time Travellers?). I don't think I disliked your posts this much (or at all) the last time I read you. Discussions of how to use allotted posts waste the posts to begin with. And you're mediating (which is posturing and uses extra posts). Calling out Ran etc. is flat, he can police himself.

Raz, why are you participating?

July

Smash Apprentice
July, his posts are detrimental in the sense that they don't do anything to help us out of rvs and just use up our limited posts.

Add in the fact that he's pretending to post drunk because honestly, no one is drunk this early on a Thursday :p

I like this post, it's not jumping to conclusions or overly accusatory to call him scum, but just calling his style of posting anti-town which I understand. However, I disagree that his don't do anything to move us out of rvs, at least unintentionally they do. His dislike of your posts and your dislike of his posts have already given us something to talk about and interactions to look into.

If irts not ****ing obviours what I'm doing, yur dumb as bricks. Igf you thunk I ams drunk rifght now youe alsio dumb.

Deitz is a kerk.

@July: I diskirk jis fumb attitufde. Inferesting her doesn"t adk me ig I gotya dio thes.
JTB didn't ask you if you have to post like this, but neither did Gorf, John, or myself. In fact, MockingJay is the only one who asked you whether or not your posting is a joke or not. How do you feel about MockingJay for that?

Dat playerlist.
John, is your vote on RR just RVS, or is it based of his play so far?

I agree that there is no point to stop conversation, especially since there are things to talk about now that expand a bit beyond RVS.

I also agree that right now RR is at most anti-town, and that's why I like JTB's post in response to my question. The biggest issue I have with RR so far is his response to my question about what he didn't like about JTB was "his dumb attitude", which isn't very helpful, but then again I don't know that I'd want to try and decipher a longer response from him -_-

I would like to keep RVS to the minimum here, ideally.

Hello, JTB.

WRT your questions:

Why are you wanting to buddy Gorf?

Explain the Town motivation in asking John what scumtells he's looking for. How does Town benefit from that knowledge?

Keep your posts concise, John. This could have been one post rather than three.

I highly doubt Ruy has a restriction, and if he continues wasting posts and being unintelligible I have no qualms with lynching him.

Now, can we protect the integrity of this thread and keep the useless posts to a minimum?
I really like this post from Raziek, it's concise but has a very good amount of content and asks useful questions.

Also, I agree that RR probably doesn't have a posting restriction, after playing with him in a lot of recent games it seems more likely this is a gambit, which if it is I would like to know what he did or does plan to gain from it.

Here's a thought. Would scum benefit from the post limit?
Yes, should we run short on posts. They can force us to scramble by staging arguments and wasting time.

However, I don't see the need to limit more active players to 52 posts, if only because there will certainly be players who don't use all 52.

I won't condone useless posts, though.

Jay, talk to me about how you believe we should deal with players who posts, but provide no, or empty content?
I'm going to address both these posts at once. Yes, I think that scum could benefit from the post limit, and part of the reason I would prefer more active players at least stay around 52 posts is because I don't want people using an excuse at the end of the Day or in the next Day phase that they didn't talk or provide content because active players used up all the posts. I do agree that some players won't use 52 posts, but I feel like if we have just a couple players posting 70, 80, 100 posts on D1 it could legitimately cancel out other players, whether they are scum trying to hide or just quiet town.

Ideally, we should deal with them by getting them to please remain quiet and not say anything more. However, I am not against pressuring those who are being utterly useless with the content they bring about. With each post in this game, it is somewhat much more valuable there will be much fewer. Fluff-posting is a scum-tell I like to follow and this game it will become a bit more evident that someone is by wasting our day phase which is kind of like a ticking time bomb ooooor like Majora's Mask with the Moon slowly coming down with each step.

@Ran: We are not asking you to stop playing how you normally are, we are just asking you to not blow up the thread with a mass amount of posts that will limit us from being able to do more than just focus on your slot/the one you have intertwined yourself with if you get what I mean haha.

With regards to your question, I don't really see how anyone benefits from the restriction of post capping. o_o Can you explain how you feel scum would benefit in that sort of situation?

@Raz/July: What do you think of John's response to my semi-callout of him?
Can you clarify the bolded, I'm not comprehending what that sentence means and I'm not sure if its just worded strangely or I'm just not getting it.

It doesn't seem like he took your "semi-callout" seriously, but he also didn't get defensive or call you out in return. I want to see him get more seriously involved in discussion and actually interact with other players.

Realtalk: I do not support any kind of posting caps in regards to RVS, individual players, or otherwise. I don't want anyone to feel like they have any kind of excuse to coast. Content in posts will be worth keeping an eye on, but quantity won't. The post count problem will also become less and less of a problem as time goes on, so I'm not that worried about it.
The last sentence is a good point, but can you explain the bolded? How do you see posting caps as an excuse to coast toDay?

Sokr

Smash Journeyman

Gorf. Followed by RR. But I haven't seen everyone's play yet so I'll be taking this with a grain of salt. I hope you're town because, as John said, I like your scumhunting.

Gorf, shame about you not getting mvp in DK mafia. You deserved it. Can we expect similar gameplay here?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
WALL INCOMING! (RAN BECOMING A WALL MAN? HIS NEW POWERS HAVE SHOWN) :cool:

I never accused of anyone saying so. I'm telling you all that's how it will be. I won't be asking as much questions because that just forces multiple people to respond to me in turn, making me a ... "discard 1, draw 6" kind of card. xD I'm just saying I'm not going to drop the pressure when I feel it is best used. I will refrain from posting alot though.

Scum can take the opportunity of the post cap by being a bit more active than usual. Rather, I would think that lurkers would deff be a target for lynches in this setup, so people/scum who lurk have to pick up the pace.

I encourage everyone being active of course. Of course in a structured manner to let everyone have a chance. But still keep up the pace. That way it would make it harder for lurkers to lurk. Including you July. I will keep my eye on you if you don't keep up the pace.

I agree to this.

Vote: MockingJay
(probably Sang)

Been a while (Time Travellers?). I don't think I disliked your posts this much (or at all) the last time I read you. Discussions of how to use allotted posts waste the posts to begin with. And you're mediating (which is posturing and uses extra posts). Calling out Ran etc. is flat, he can police himself.

Raz, why are you participating?
Ok, I like you Nabe. I agree that people would fluff when it comes to Me/Bardull. (To seem town) Does this make you suspect JTB/Mocking J or is it just something to keep a tab on? (Yes, this is an important question, so don't ask if it is because it would only be a waste to do so! :bee:)

I'm going to address both these posts at once. Yes, I think that scum could benefit from the post limit, and part of the reason I would prefer more active players at least stay around 52 posts is because I don't want people using an excuse at the end of the Day or in the next Day phase that they didn't talk or provide content because active players used up all the posts. I do agree that some players won't use 52 posts, but I feel like if we have just a couple players posting 70, 80, 100 posts on D1 it could legitimately cancel out other players, whether they are scum trying to hide or just quiet town.
Bolded, I didn't see you explain why you think Scum benefit from this post limit thingy.

Underlined, I agree to giving players more of a chance to talk. Course, if it's nearing deadline and no one is talking much, I'll talk only if I feel I have something important to say. July, do you think it would be a scum tell for someone to be more active than me? (While I'm active) Why or why not? (Yes this is an important question! I promise no more questions :awesome:)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Btw. OH NOES DOUBLE POST I FEEL SO BAD...

I only see RR's drunk post as dumb but obvious. I'm interested in what he will say afterwards. Nothing else has really given me any scum vibes.

I agree to Nabe's accusation for MockingJ 'calling me out' seeming like possible fluff, but I don't think nothing of it (I'm taking it as null and will just see how his play plays out, like a deck of cards xP ). I fail to see why Nabe hasn't called JTB out for the same thing though. Nabe, why haven't you?

Sheesh. Nabe, you can cancel out the previous question I asked to you. BUT WAIT. YOU CAN ANSWER IN THE SAME POST. loool...

I'm still figuring this out guys.

Otherwise, I have no other opinions. I hate waiting for others to post but I have to. So basically I'm waiting on Marshy, Bardull, and Red Ryu to post some content.

Also consider that I always have the sensation to post more because at times I feel like I left something out of my previous post. I AM SUFFERING. THANKS JD. </3

Now awaiting further posts....

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
man, rr , you suvk at drunkking and posting, atleast i can thinka bout what im posting

john, i odnt understandf your answer to my question, just "scumhunting' isn't a scumtell

raziek, i buddy gorf because you are more likely to get something you want from him if you arent against him, as i found out in math blasters mafia, and ill come back to your john question later

raziek, am i already obvtown? what do you think about john and sokr already buddying me?

Top Bottom