• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 19/Paper Mario: TTYD mafia // Game Over! Who won?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.

Welcome to your first/one of your first games of Mafia on Smashboards! Mafia is a very fun game of strategy, psychology, and deception. While the game may seem a bit overwhelming at first, these "Newbie Mafia" games are designed to help players get into the swing of things. The game will be composed of 13 players: Ten that are new to mafia, and two IC (Inexperience Challenged) players that will show you the ropes throughout the game.

Now for the mechanics of the game. Mafia is divided into two alternating phases of "Day" and "Night". During the Day players are allowed to post within the thread, debate amongst each other, and most importantly, vote for whom they would like to be lynched for that day. When a player has been voted for by a majority of the players, that player will be lynched and removed from the game! Following the players lynch, the game moderator will then reveal the player's alignment (Town, Mafia, Etc) and role to the rest of the players and the Day Phase will end. During the Night Phase, the entire thread goes silent. However, Mafia will still be able to talk amongst themselves privately. Through private communication, they'll then be able to select one player to kill for the night, and, baring nothing prevents this action, the player will show up dead the following morning, having their alignment and role revealed. This process continues until either all of Mafia are eliminated through lynch, or Mafia eliminates enough players to have control over the town and its votes.

As a mafia player, you're often going to find that games are based around a "theme," or as we call it, a "flavor." The particular "flavor" of this game is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door mafia. Please note that this is an open set up, and that all roles have been assigned randomly. Also note that, unlike some previous newbie mafia games, flavor does play a part in this game to extent. "Town" roles will be "good guys" flavor wise and "scum" roles will be "bad guys" flavor wise. However, all scum have been given safe claims, thus knowledge of the flavor is neither necessary nor beneficial towards your success this game.

[collapse=Rules]Fundamentals
1.) Have fun and do not personally attack another player in an offensive manner.
2.) Once you have died in the game, you are only allowed to make 1 more post which should consist of “bah go scum/town”.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6.) I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
7.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
8.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
9.) The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
10.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
11.) Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
12.) Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
13.) If you have any questions/requests for me, the mod, then please either PM me about it or use the @MOD: command to list your request/question.

Voting and Lynching
1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Brosukle.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Swiss.
3.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
4.) After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. The Twilight phase ends when I post the lynch scene and officially begin the Night phase.
5.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
6.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase, the thread should be closed anyway.

Activity and Deadline
1.) You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you if feasible. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
2.) I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will last 8 days.
4.) Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught.

Game-specific
1.) The game mod is the game god. However, if you feel the game god happens to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out via PM
2.) All roles are assigned entirely at random.
3.) Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
4.) All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.[/collapse]

[collapse=Set Up]

7 vanilla townies
1 town cop (only gets a guilty on the red mafia)

vs.

1 mafia roleblocker
1 mafia goon

vs.

3 mafia goons (no kill)[/collapse]

[collapse=Sample Role]

Welcome to Paper Mario Mafia, player X! You are Luigi, vanilla townie.

Powers: As a vanilla townie, your only powers are your thoughts, voice, and vote. Use the wisely!

Win Conndition: You win when all threats to the town are eliminated, even if you are dead. [/collapse]

[collapse=Player List]

1. BadWolf
2. Vinyl.
3. VitaminC ORI_bro
4. Orboknown
5. Rake
6. mightbebenjamin
7. Clover
8.Lolilovesrain
9. Kary
10. Hipster Sister Ramen King BarDull
11. J (IC)
12. Ran (IC)
13. Homeslice JTB

Alive

3. ORI_bro
4. Orboknown
13. JTB

Dead

1. BadWolf (Grodus, X-Naut Roleblocker), lynched Day 1.
11. J (Doopliss Shadow Siren), killed Night 1.
12. Ranmaru (Rawk Hawk, vanilla townie), killed Night 2
9. Kary (Admiral Bobbery, vanilla townie), lynched Day 3.
7. Clover (Flavio, vanilla townie), killed Night 3.
6. mightbebenjamin (TEC-XX, vanilla townie) lynched Day 4.
5. Rake (Marilyn, Shadow Siren) killed Night 4.
8. Lolilovesrain (Pennington, vanilla townie) lynched Day 5.
10. BarDulL (Baldem, Shadow Siren) killed Night 5.
2. Vinyl. (Lord Crump, X-Naut goon) lynched Day 6.
[/collapse]

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
confirmed to replace seeing as I just outed so Homeslice could get in on this

Was I too late...

Swords read this lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hi guys! I want to ease you in to the world of Mafia, so I want you guys to answer these questions!

-What time zone are you in?
-How much mafia experience do you have, here or elsewhere?
-Why are you playing in this game?
-Say something no one knows about you! : D
-I'm in -5 Eastern time. Doesn't matter since I am really active. Expect me to be. I want you guys to be too.
-Plenty, here, and on MafiaScum.
-I'm playing this game to have fun and teach newbies how to play. : D
-My favorite drink is milk! I like smilies :cool: I am a child at heart.

ALSO NO EDITING. :mad: :mad: :mad:

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
-Eastern
-Umm I have about 1 year of experience in RL.
-Cause it's fun?
-I'm a brony.....

HipsterSister

Smash Rookie
-EST
-One game on here, a bunch IRL but not a whole lot of serious ones...
-To improve my mafia skills, to do something with friends, and to have fun. (:
-I want to be a professional photographer but I have no money for a nice camera. D:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
- I'm EST
- Almost 2 years now....wow that's a while haha in retrospect. Especially when I just re-read Oddworld after reading Swiss' interview which made me laugh a loooot.
- To teach, because I love the flavor, and I know a lot of the players in this game.
- I'm moving to Colorado in 3 weeks time.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I want to elaborate on editing. You shouldn't edit because at times you may feel like erasing what you said to backpeddal from pressure or you just want to take back some info you shouldn't have given out, or info that could show that you are the culprit (Basically, if you are the bad guy, and you said something incriminating, you lost boy-o). This is against the rules of the game, and you aren't allowed to do so. Instead, you can make a NEW post and state "EBWOP" or "Edit.By.Way.Of.POST" and clarify in that post. Tedious, I know, but it is what has to be done.

Just chkec this

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOOoOO

EBWOP: Just check this.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Hi guys! I want to ease you in to the world of Mafia, so I want you guys to answer these questions!

-I'm in -5 Eastern time. Doesn't matter since I am really active. Expect me to be. I want you guys to be too.

Central Time Zone
-Just some newbie games and some on another forum that barely count
-I lost a bet and I wanted to in for Tekken but 2 jobs then quite one lol
- Huge Classical music fan and I mean like Beethoven , Mozart, Tchaikovsky

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh yeah, as an IC note for those who haven't been in a game where IC or know or yadda yadda yadda,

When you have any question to me or Ran about things like game terminology or something that you feel an IC should be asked, we will try to answer it to the best of our abilities. We will be answering these questions in italics which means it is more of an explanatory thing. You can ask these questions and we will be completely unbiased to our answers regardless of whatever alignment we may be. We will still be trying to play the game normally but we will also be here to help you for future mafia games if you have any questions whatsoever.

****Note to the IRL people****

I will be stressing this point to all of you guys (Hipster/Homeslice/BadWolf/Clover/Benjy), please do not text/IM/whatever me with questions about the game. ;P Just come into the thread and ask me the question in here if need be. I know how tempting it is for you guys to just to do that but it is a serious no-no haha. However, there is another thing I would like to stress too. I would like you guys to be extra careful with talking about the game to each other even though it may be hard not to. Truuust me haha. With Sang and I, we have been really good with keeping the talking down real low but we both know how hard it can be in order to not give away anything.

The only way you can talk with one another is if you guys are part of the same mafia faction, then it would be fine to talk with one another.

It's purely based on an honor system with those who know each other IRL that they will not talk about the game outside of the thread to the other members so yeah just try and avoid it and we should all be good.

I am so incredibly hyped for this game like you have no idea.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
- Eastern Daylight Time
- Average Experience
- To gain more knowledge in DGames
- I'm Asexual

/Comfirmed

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Says no editing : Edits post

Scum Strike One :p

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

EBWOP:

Heeeere weee goooo !

P.S

VOTE: CLOVER

I see you a lurking there,

Di dove sei?

Did I just speak Italian, you bet : )

BTW : Translates to : Where are you from?

Clover

Smash Rookie
/confirmed

Also, Rake, you're such a meanie! I was just waiting for that PM before I introduced myself.

I'm in -5 Eastern time, just like mosta these people.
I've organized lotsa games offline, and I've read through a few of the games on here, but this is my first time with online Mafia.
I'm playing 'cuz I wanna have fun! And, 'cuz I know half of these people, so that makes it even more fun!
My lucky number is four.

Eeeeeeeee, I'm so excited for this!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Correcting this now for future reference.

Male:
1. BadWolf
2. Vinyl.
3. VitaminC
4. Orboknown
5. Rake
6. mightbebenjamin
7. Clover
9. Kary
11. J (IC)
12. Ran (IC)

Female:
8.Lolilovesrain
10. Hipster Sister
13. Homeslice

Yeaaaah. ;P

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Correcting this now for future reference.

Male:
1. BadWolf
2. Vinyl.
3. VitaminC
4. Orboknown
5. Rake
6. mightbebenjamin
7. Clover
9. Kary
11. J (IC)
12. Ran (IC)

Female: