• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S #2 - The great famine | Indy wins!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Welcome to Gheb's super secret special mafia #2, also known as 'The great famine'. This is an experimental set-up that implements 'hunger' as a game mechanic and thus not a game I'll let you join if you are a newbie. A couple of people have been invited privately but unfortunately not all of them could accept the invitation so I'm making the last two spots publicly available but only with said restriction. More information on this mechanic can be found under the game secific rules.

The set-up is semi open and will look like this:

2x Mafia
1x 3rd Party
8x Townie

[Collapse="Rules & Info"]Fundamental
1.) Don't be an *** to others, *****. Treat them like you want to be treated.
2.) Once you have died in the game, you are not allowed to make any more posts.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images, videos or links in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). This rule only applies to posts in the thread. If you are allowed to communicate privately with other players you may freely quote mod communication there.
7.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
8.) Posting in non-English, invisible, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
9.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players (including hydra communication). You are free to paraphrase.
10.) Unless stated otherwise, all Night Actions should be sent to myself via PM. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in the action being randomized.
11.) If you are unclear about any of the rules then you are expected to ask the me for clarification before taking any action which you believe may break a rule. If you are unclear about any information in your role PM or the sample PM or any mod communication, feel free to ask me about it.
12.) Punishments for breaking any of the rules of this game include but are not limited to: temporary or permanent Moderator Votes, Modkill, forced replacement, etc

Voting and Lynching
1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, Vote: Gheb.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, Unvote vote: Evil Eye. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
3.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
4.) After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. The Twilight phase ends when I post the lynch scene and officially begin the Night phase.
5.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
6.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase, regardless of whether the thread is closed or not.

Activity and Deadline
1.) You are expected to be able post every 24 hours, however you are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill. If you are a player with a history of bad activity, it is possible it will take less prods before your replacement than it will take for others.
2.) I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will generally last 7 days.
4.) Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours.

Game-specific
1.) All roles have been assigned entirely at random.
2.) I confirm the absence of the following roles in this set-up: Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Survivor.
3.) I confirm the presence of one third party faction. The game may or may not end if that faction fulfills its win condition.
4.) I confirm there is a Town faction and there is exactly one Mafiosi faction.
5.) I do not confirm the absence or presence of any other roles
6.) Modkills only end Days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, Day continues. Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
7.) If you are using a hydra account for this game, all posts must be made on the designated account. If a post is made on a separate account, then that post must be quoted by the hydra account.
8.) Town win-condition goes EXACTLY like this [color, bold etc]: You are town aligned and you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
9.) The 'hunger' mechanic works like this: Every character can survive a specific amount of time before he dies of starving. However, there are people in the game that have the ability to supply the players in the game with food to make sure they won't starve. After each complete cycle you will receive a PM by the mod that tells you how much time you have left before you die of starvation. You'll die if you have not received any food within your time limit![/Collapse]

[Collapse="Player list"]Alive:

2.) Gorf* marshy
4.) Circus*
6.) adumbrodeus* Bardull
8.) SangfroidWarrior* Nabe
10.) -Masquerain-*
11.) BadWolf28738*

Dead:

9.) Xonar* - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 1
5.) July* - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 1
7.) Acrostic* - Vanilla Townie - Modkilled Day 2
1.) X1-12* - Town Baker - Killed Night 2
3.) Ramen King* - Vanilla Townie - Modkilled Day 3

Replacements:

1.) Kataefi
2.) WashedLaundry
3.) th3kuzinator
[/collapse]

BarDulL

Town Vampire
@Gheb - /In, but consider me like a last resort since I'm in a game right now. If other people are interested you can put me as a replacement.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Circus will we finally play a real mafia game together?

I also realized you were in Monster Island Mafia, so that counts I guess. You even defended me :bee:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Welp, thought I said I wanted to be a replacement, but I guess I didn't. Regardless, I do not have the hrdajreahcuriea to play this game right now so if you could please make me a replacement, that'd be cool.

Again, thanks for the invite, but I just do not have the hfjdahcuieahrcea to commit to this game right now.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus will we finally play a real mafia game together?

I also realized you were in Monster Island Mafia, so that counts I guess. You even defended me :bee:
Have we not? I mean, I basically didn't play F&L, so I guess not. And I don't even remember anything about Monster Island other than that name and that I was a Double Voter (WHO LET THAT HAPPEN?).

Regardless, we gonna go hard.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'm interested in how this game will turn out with a player list intentionally chosen on play style.

./in

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Sorry, not exactly play style per se~

But more the idea of it being hand-picked by Gheb. What does Gheb think the outcome will be? Does he have any expectations how the game will turn out already? cetera cetera.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*suscribing to read*

I am really curious about this playerlist and cannot wait to see it play out.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I was... not expecting this to start yet, I honestly don't know if I have time to do this now. I figured that the scheduling was gonna be discussed at a future date.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK so right now there are 4 spots left, one of which is requested by Zen. If you guys who are in this game have any requests on whom you want to join / would be OK with joining I could get this filled before the weekend starts and with 6 replacements we're definitely on the same side.

@mod, if you received food, can you give it away or do you automatically eat it?
You will see soon enough.

:059:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
OK so right now there are 4 spots left, one of which is requested by Zen. If you guys who are in this game have any requests on whom you want to join / would be OK with joining I could get this filled before the weekend starts and with 6 replacements we're definitely on the same side.
Nominate: Gheb_01

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'm going to be V/LA from the 21st which is a week from now to the 25th due to a family vacation in the Bahamas or something like that. I also won't be able to likely to post on Wednesdays/Thursdays due to my work schedule, but will try to put in the time. If either of these are a problem then I'm ok with being subbed out.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Those aren't really problems to me. Trying to contacting Stu and Asdioh to see if they're up to join in.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Joey, Adum and Zen are in. I'm just waiting for Swiss to give the OK and we're ready to go~.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Come on - Just one more player! Stu already declined and I couldn't contact Asdioh yet so I'm really hoping for my boi Swissai to show up and do what needs to be done!

Swiss

Smash Lord
Like, I would love to play this game. Open/semi-open setups are my favourite - but I'm in a large and can barely handle that. I'd be inactive and thus dead weight.

(Adum NK me?!?!!?!?)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Swiss, I see you visit dGames quite a lot, surely it wouldn't be too hard for ya to post a line or two here and there?

Swiss

Smash Lord
I visit a lot and leave myself logged in at work, I skim up on my threads a lot. To post real content, and be able to really take apart players posts takes time I do not have available.

Top Bottom