• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape: NEW ROOM (come in and be amazed)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
In similar fashion to the old Escape games, I'm starting a new Escape. My attempts to make this a more structured game (everyone has a role and win condition) have failed mostly due to how difficult it is to come up with good puzzles in a timely fashion.

So this new version will bring Escape back to it's initial roots. No signups or roles, anyone can play whenever. Also, new puzzles will be added whenever I think of one, so don't expect it to be frequent. (if anyone has a good puzzle in the spirit of escape, pm me, and you can guest host a puzzle.

rules:
bold your actions

suggestions:
1 action at a time please
if you figure out the puzzle too quickly, give other people a chance to figure it out. However if you are struggling always post your ideas before you put in an answer.

Room 1: I feel sooooooo caught up!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
You wake up in a very dimly lit room with no recollection of how you got there. As you rub the drowsiness from your eyes, you like around and see others like you who also seemed to have just woken up from a mysterious slumber. You get a better look and you see the word 'Swiss' above one of the guys heads. You turn around and see 'Sold2' in red letters above another. You finally realize why the words seemed so familiar; they are the usernames of people you know from smashboards!

Suddenly, a circular screen rises out of the floor in the middle of the room and levitates in midair. The screen flickers on and you see the following on the screen:

0, 0, 1, 2, 8(66), 62(24, 53), 27, 13

There appears to be a mic jutting out of the top of the screen. You move a bit closer to the center of the room and you notice that there is a hole in the ground 20 feet to the left of the screen. The hole's radius seems to be about a meter in length. Someone else yells something from the other side of the room. It appears they found a similar hole to the right of the screen.

A deep voice booms out from seemingly everywhere at once: "Begin."

Progress:

X1-12 incorrectly enters: 1

JTB incorrectly enters: 0

Ragnarok correctly enters: 2

Nabe incorrectly enters: 4

Darkhorse incorrectly enters: 2

Ryker incorrectly enters: 3

Kary correctly enters: 8

Zen correctly enters: 62

Vand correctly enters: 27

Bardull correctly enters: 13

The numbers in the OP of the riddle represent the number of moons each planet 'possesses' in order from closest to the sun to furthest.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
>remembers about my game
>remembers how i'm a terrible person and haven't stared it yet

this looks fun can i /in anyways
oh wait i already am in

okay

#HBC | ѕoup

Observe surroundings, try and look for any possible clue towards the puzzle

I'm feeling like this is certainly something DGames related, pretty blatant with Sold2 and Swiss being highlighted. The numbers correspond with them, I'm sure of it. I was thinking relation to number of dice possibly but there's not enough information here to say that theory is plausible. I love games like these.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
x1 confidently steps up to the mic and says: "1". After a moment, a dart seems to jet out from nowhere and hits X1 in the neck. He passes out instantly.

X1, you can't post in this thread until further notice

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Ragnarok looks around and doesn't see anything of interest beyond the circular screen and the 2 holes in the ground.

sidenote: try not to edit posts, it'll make things harder/more confusing for me

#HBC | ѕoup

Thinking we should take a trip down the hole, In the last escape game when you pulled a lever you were treated with something that would help resolve the puzzle, they are put there for a reason. Who wants to be bait?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Bardull jumps in the hole like a fawkin bawss

Bardull can't post until further notice.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
you dont have a gawddamn keychain flashlight >=[

You do anyways, and the hole is too deep to make out anything.

Right when you're almost about to turn the flashlight off, you see Bardull climbing back up what looks like a ladder that seems to blend in with the side of the hole. You help Bardull back out of the hole.

Bardull can post again

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Sup d00ds. I found a handle embedded into a wall that can me moved in any direction. I moved it upward but nothing happened.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
John attempts to find a similar ladder going down the right hole. But he can't seem to spot one, it seems that the ladder blends in too well with the wall of the hole.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh yeah, and there was some **** music playing in the background that sounded like this:

"THIS IS THE SONG THAT NEVER ENDS...IT GOES ON AND ON MY FRIENDS..."

#HBC | ѕoup

Going down the same hole you did bardull, I'll try and move it a different direction.

Proceed down the left hole.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
"It's dangerous to go alone. Take this....

key-chain flashlight.

#HBC | ѕoup

Try and look around and see if anything in the room changed, it has some sort of purpose for sure.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
speak 0,1,2,0,1 into the mic while preparing to dodge any flying objects

:phone:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Ragnarok tries to find the ladder to go down the left hole. As he's feeling around for it, he slips and falls directly in. Gova tosses the flashlight in after him... but he misses the hole and flashlight cracks as it hits the floor.

raggy can't post until further notice

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yur keychain flashlight was crappy. prolly got it from the dollar store...

JTB walks up to the mic. He apprehensively begins to speak, "0...." A dart instantly comes shooting out of nowhere yet again, but JTB being the smart mofo that he is dodges that **** like a boss. A second dart comes at him, and he barely dodges that **** too. A third and fourth dart appear, and JTB frantically starts running away trying to dodge the darts that are spewing out faster and faster. Distracted by the darts, JTB ends up running into a wall and knocking himself out.

JTB can't post until further notice.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I got your mom from the dollar store.

Shout at marshy to see if he can hear me.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
You shout in both holes. You don't get a response back...

maybe they died

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
bardull jumps down the right hole.

bardull can no longer post.

ryker ****ishly pushes x1's limp body down the left hole. He waits a while, but doesn't seem to ever hear it hit the ground.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
np

the old Escape(s) had some cool puzzles. if you're bored, i suggest you go and read through some of those

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Okay, so the variables are these two holes and this number sequence. Inside the left hole we have a lever. Said level was moved from neutral to up with no visible change as of yet. The next number, if that is all that's required to have a correct enough answer for this step, is not either of the numbers already on screen. No one who has gone down the right hole has come up and the left hold apparently has the song that never ends playing.

At the risk of sounding like Captain Obvious, I am figuring this has to be mathematical, but I do not know of a mathematical equation that outputs an answer in that format. This is assuming that the computer screen is indeed the solution and not whatever act is needed with the other variables in order to solve the sequence.

Talk to me. I work better with a wall to bounce off of.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Suddenly you hear the a sound coming from the ceiling. Sections of the ceiling slide out, and two holes in ceiling, directly above the initial two holes appear.

You begin to hear screams coming from below you. Out of nowhere, marshy and bardull pop out of the left hole in the ground and are seemingly flung into the hole in the roof directly above. The same thing happens simultaneously with Ragnarok and X1 in the right hole.

after a lil while, you hear sounds coming from the roof again. And marshy and bardull fall out of the right hole in the ceiling and into the hole directly below. Same with rag and x1 on the left side.

This continue to happen over and over, marshy and bardull flung out of the left whole into the ceiling and then fall from the right hole into the floor, and vice versa with x1 and rag.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Oh kaaaaaaaay.

Gova, help me out.

Team lift JTB and throw them to time knocking Marshy out of his cycle.

Top Bottom