• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wall - Game End.... no one wins?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you're in The Wall, post here to confirm. It won't start until next week, but if everyone confirms maybe you'll get your roles early.

The following links may help new players become acquainted with the game:

Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Rules

Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Roles

Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=180310
RULES

Fundamentals
1. Disputes with and private questions for me should be handled through PM or instant messaging. If you notice that I have made a simple mistake or if you have a simple question, please address them in the thread in bold. Please follow the common sense format of "If I wouldn't want the MOD to respond in thread, I won't post in thread about the issue".
2. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are dead (unless, later, I tell you you're not). Dead players are not allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever unless otherwise stated in your role PM. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive.) If someone is breaking the rules and posting in a Night Phase, please don't be a dink and post saying "don't post in the Night Phase", as I will punish you for that post. Just PM me if you think there is an issue. Please note there is NO green room and one cannot be created unless I specifically say so.
3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to post all conversations in a quick topic. Copy paste instant messages. They're amusing. This includes hydra logs; any private information remains private and must be paraphrased. I repeat, DO NOT COPY PASTE ANYTHING, including your own private hydra logs.
4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
5. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
6. Personally attacking another player is not allowed. There is some leeway in this, but even though being coarse or loud can be a part of the game there is a limit. Do not do this to the mod, and do not push the envelope so far you ruin another player's desire to play. You WILL get modkilled for this if I feel you are harming another person's natural enjoyment of the game, regardless of their alignment.
7a. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake, to anyone. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images or text (including color) in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). The same rules apply to hydra logs, masonries, and any other form of non-forum communication.
7b. You may NOT post fake ability codes, mostly because I'm sick of people doing it and thinking they are clever. Posting an ability code incorrectly or deliberately deceiving people by faking MOD communication breaks this rule.
8a. Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. If a player in the game has issues with your text color, you must change it upon request regardless of the reason of said request. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
9. You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques unless specifically mentioned in your role PM.
10. You must post in English when typing a post. Sorry, Rajam.
11. Assuming your role PM does not say otherwise, breaking any sort of posting restriction will result in a punishment of having a vote on you, meaning you take one less to lynch. These punishments can never kill you alone, but one vote and many punishments can. These votes may or may not disappear at the end of a phase, depending on the mod's thoughts of you being a repeat offender. Do not break posting restrictions.
12a. Hydras, if in the game, must post in their Hydra accounts. This is so other players can easily review their posting history. All mistakes will be dealt with via a punishment from the mod. There will be NO warnings for this. All hydras must have the name of both players located in the bio information (location or custom title). You CANNOT "revert back" to your primary account if your hydra buddy disappears; you are stuck in that account.
12b. If a Hydra makes a mistake, they must immediately post in the Hydra account using the exact same wording as the previous post. If someone posts inbetween them, they are SOL.
13. All the rules in this post are constant, but powers and statements by the mod in a role PM can trump them. If you feel the mod has told you something that conflicts with the rules above, please check with the mod. He will always side with a private communication rather than these rules.

Voting and Lynching
1a. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Inui.
1b. Do not hide your vote in the middle of a post; make an effort to put it outside of text to help me find them when I'm scanning through the thread. This will prevent MOD errors.
2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Xyro. You do not have to unvote to switch who you are voting for.
3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Twilight does not have a predetermined length. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.
6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase. Doing so will result in a punishment by the moderator for the following Day. There is a brief window that can be considered an acceptable accident, but forgetting to check the thread before posting is not acceptable. Do not abuse this.

Activity and Deadline
1. You are required to post every 72 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods over the course of the game (however many I think that is) will result in your punishment, replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill. There will be no replacements after D4 has started except in extreme circumstances; if the person can post on smashboards, they won't be replaced. Please remember you can PM me privately to let me know if someone needs to be prodded.
2. We will have strict day cycles set on 10-days in real life. The town must stay active and be willing to punish inactive players if they hope to succeed.
3. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
4. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught. Should a Night last longer than 48 hours, this does not necessarily mean you have extra time to send in a Night action; this will be left up to the moderator's discretion, but do not expect your action to go through.

Special Notes:
1. There is no rule one.
2. Ties may be possible in certain circumstances. If this is the case, both factions will win unless otherwise stated in their role PM.
3. I would like to actively encourage everyone to pressure players that are inactive and punish them by lynching them if necessary. I will replace players that need to be replaced, but the town shouldn't let that be an excuse to let players get away with staying quiet.
4. Knowledge of Overswarm games isn't necessary to play, but it might be useful. Try reading up on previous Overswarm games and roles by looking through DGames Archives and MVPs. Some of the games might not necessarily even be present in DGames though, so you might have to ask someone ingame that has played my private BBR games! (please do not discuss the game with anyone outside the thread)
5. If you rely on flavor, you might get burned. Try to focus on information and player actions if you want to succeed. Not every role will make sense for their actions or alignment.

Special Notes For The Wall

This game has some differences in comparison to other games, some of which I will make public right away.

1. A faction has what can be considered a "global" win condition (one that applies to every member of their faction). In this game, you have both that and individuals within a faction has what can be called an individual win faction. To effectively "win", you have to complete both your global win condition(s) and individual win condition(s).

2. "The Wall" is a feature of this game that allows for players to write a message post-Day phase as a Night Action. EVERY PLAYER must write something on the wall EACH NIGHT PHASE. If they do not, they will be modkilled and their faction will be punished accordingly. You write on the damn Wall.

3. The Wall occasionally will present puzzles that that populous can solve. Solving this can benefit you personally, or benefit your alignment. Occasionally the MOD may decide for you, occasionally he may PM you and ask for you to choose among options. This is randomized deliberately, so do not expect a pattern.

To solve the puzzles, you must PM your solution to the mod with the PM title "The Wall Puzzle Solution #", where # is equal to the puzzle number (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.). If you get your solution correct but your PM title is wrong it will not be accepted. This is draconian on my part for a reason, so respect that reason.

Your solutions must be correct and precise; if you say "the solution should be 3", then that isn't an answer. If you say "about 1500 lbs.", that isn't an answer. Do not give any wiggle room.

In the case that a puzzle solution involves using images, it is suggested you use imgur.com for image hosting due to reliability and speed.

If you have any questions about the above, feel free to send it in to the MOD.

Sample Role PM:
Welcome to The Wall, M3D!

Establish - Choose any number of players during Night 2. If they are all alive by Day 3, they are the only players that can vote, be voted for, and count for the lynch total.

Individual win condition - Use your Establish ability successfully, and have a lynch occur during that Day phase that does not result in a tie or a No Lynch.

Global win condition - you are town aligned and win when all other threats to your faction are eliminated or nothing can stop this
Player list:

6. Kary
7. Sephiroths Masamune
9. FullMetalLynch (rake/orbo)
13. JTB

-Replacements-
1. Bardull
2. Dark Horse

The Dead:
Ragnarock, (Tom, Town Kingmaker) [lynched D1]
Macman, (Nabe, Town Lie Detector) [killed N1]
July (Gheb, DGames Mafia member) [lynched D2]
Inferno (Swiss, Chaotic Townie) [Killed N2]
Handorin (Ryker, Town Devil) [Lynched D3]
Raziek (Vanderzant, DGames Mafia Member) [Lynched D4]
WatchTheThrone (FrozenFlame, Independent DGames Player) [Modkilled N4 for no Wall Writing]
No Hetero (marshy/nabe) [Killed N5]
Dark Horse [Overswarm, Unlynchable Townie) [Lynched D6]

Overswarm

is laughing at you
“The Wall” is a name for an event that occurs each phase. During the Night every player MUST write something on the wall, 140 characters or less, and everything written will be revealed during the Day phase with no author. Abilities may affect the wall, so pay attention to it and changes that occur.

Rules for what you write:

-it must be sent in as a Night Action titled "Wall Writing N#", where # is the night number
-you cannot sign your name or anyone else's
-it must be 140 characters or less (spaces don't count)
-standard rules apply (referencing PM data, mod communication, etc.)
-you may not write the same thing two nights in a row

The Wall may also present puzzles.

The Wall occasionally will present puzzles that that populous can solve. This puzzles may be obvious, or they may be hidden puzzles that some might not even know are puzzles. Solving this can benefit you personally, or benefit your alignment. Occasionally the MOD may decide for you, occasionally he may PM you and ask for you to choose among options. This is randomized deliberately, so do not expect a pattern.

To solve the puzzles, you must PM your solution to the mod with the PM title "The Wall Puzzle Solution #", where # is equal to the puzzle number (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.). If you get your solution correct but your PM title is wrong it will not be accepted. This is draconian on my part for a reason, so respect that reason. Hidden puzzles will not have their number listed, but you'll be able to catch back up in # when I post an open puzzle as "Puzzle # something". Everyone gets exactly ONE shot to PM this to the mod; no more, no less.

Your solutions must be correct and precise; if you say "the solution should be 3", then that isn't an answer. If you say "about 1500 lbs.", that isn't an answer. Do not give any wiggle room.

In the case that a puzzle solution involves using images, it is suggested you use imgur.com for image hosting due to reliability and speed.

If you have any questions about the above, feel free to send it in to the MOD.

Day 1 Writings:

Gary was here, Ash is a loser!

The Vote of Absolute Certainty

I wonder if there is a point in always leaving anonymous messages. I guess PRs could publish results, but mafia could also publish fake ones

A dark knight rises from within, approaching to banish all scum within Dgames. But how can you beat chaos without your own chaos?

Almost forgot, wouldn't want to get replace now would I?

Lucky to have drawn cop.

The Godfather of All Mafia Ever can make someone worth a bit more for a day. Try as you will, but He can not be stopped. Long live the Godfather!

Expect us

Yeah and I'm cold *****, please try to keep the door closed
Let me show you what I see when my eyes closed
youtube.com/watch?v=ovG6itQcd2A

A king should get something back, something that you value most. Tomorrow night, and I do not expect later; disaster.

Interior crocodile alligator
This game has a mafia traitor
Amphibious reptilian dirigible
My slot is virtually unlynchable

Good luck, have fun

I'm keeping an eye on you ;) .

QUICKLYNCH SOUP DAY 1

The puzzles are actually important.

Town needs to come together and be more unified. There are clear threats that can be taken on together. Establish your town buddies and go from there.

Worn out places, worn out faces

Icky icky icky f'tang f'tang zoom. The sun breath marmalade unto the moon.

Why is the night phase so short n_n

Who wants to lock lips with me allll day? ;)

Luck springs forth, persistent through changed seasons.

In the opening Puzzle1 post there is a clue hidden there It is above the twoline gap but below the picture

youtube.com/watch?v=uqLGuRX_nLM

Xenoblade is a fantastic game. Any fans?

It's time to strap our boots on,
This is a perfect day to die,
Wipe the blood out of our eyes.
In this life there's no surrender.

I got a guilty report N#0. I told you guys the Hand was guilty gosh dang. :mad: quicklynchplz

LOOK AT ALL THE SCUM ON THAT WAGGON // LYNCH ONE OF WTT/SEPH/NO HETERO TODAY

Homies over hoes! Homies over hoes!
Homies over hoes! Homies over hoes!
Do the Homie! Do the Homie!
Do the Homie! Do the Homie!

Ghebs fav activity as scum is to bus the **** out of his partners.
justsayin
inb4 Julys wincon really dealt with that.

scumteam = hando/raz/throne. dont **** this up honnies

'Operating Systems is no fun!' quoth the Raven.

Hi! It's a scumbag who made everyone wait. I wasn't able to use my partner's name making fun of him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUyyHYkBHk

STILL TOO MANY WRITINGS // WHY ME, NO HETERO? // PRESSURE HANDO // DON'T TRUST JULY'S PICKS // DON'T LET DH COAST // FML SHOULD CLAIM Y/N?

"What was NH trying to accomplish by lying about his impossible Puzzle 3 solution?"

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory. ERUPTING BURNING FINGER!!!

*bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronn tuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnu k

Did you read N1's writing on the wall? It's worth a readin'

Someone got lucky enough to get me in bed...
full homo

–O, I think Kary should have his head in the gutter soon than latter.

No Hetero isn't going to get away with a free push today, someone hold him accountable

TOWN DEVIL?? // WHAT NOW? // CLAIMS? // DH/RAZ/FML, ONE FROM THEM? // DISCUSSION > FIGHTING!!

Raziek shall live no longer ;)

Old England was lucky enough to be blessed by my presence.

Just played the most hype League match ever. My Jimmies will never recover.

Read Macmans posts please

All aboard the kary train

Time to Slam Scum:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yLBa...eature=related

You'd be lucky to find a light switch in here.

SEPH'S WINCON: SOLVE WALL PUZZLE 4 TOWN // THIS GAME I SWEAR, MAKES ME FROWN // MASSCLAIM? // KILL NH?

God damnit school starts tomorrow. Kary needs to die soon.

Meatride Crew report in! http://i.imgur.com/zmbrt.gif We're on S&M again, ttfn

gg scum

dont lynch dh, scum probably saved him for mylo

NOW DH... STILL ISN'T CLEAR // SEPH > NH > DH PLZ, ON GUT/THEIR PUSHES // THINK TWICE & DON'T MESS THIS UP

God damnit my reads are completley whack. Will have to try an reread soon.

http://youtu.be/7I1a4G8CRTg
This video is completely relevant to this game.

lastwriting last scum is within jtb/kary/seph. do not deviate from this

THIS GAME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtoMN_xi-AM

WELL THIS LOOKS LIKE LYLO // PLEASE BE TOWN JTB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LlYs_s1494

Time to end this.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
confirming as sir not appearing in this game.

Literally, I just wanna subscribe so i can munch popcorn and watch this game, gonna be a blast!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
@mod

id like to hydra with xonar but dont want to stall the game. is it okay with you if i confirm and replace in as the hydra? id just send the role to our hydra

:phone:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sorry bro, I can't hydra for this game due to real life stuff.

We can catch the next one probably maybe though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I've overlooked OS' ideas for this game. Even though I personally can't agree with how he's hosting this game there are so many cool ideas involved in is that it probably will be a fun experience for you all and I'm like 99% sure that it will be better than anything he's hosted so far!!

Hf yall!

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I hope OS doesn't take offense in this! He's successful as a host with what he's doibg even though we're coming from completely different corners of how we view mafia as a game and that's what matters.

This game will be a blast for people who disasfree with me on OS way of hosting games and the ideas are so good that I may steal them in the future! xD

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Confirming. Also claiming Overswarm, Town Complicated Player. I have a lot of different abilities that are vaguely described so much to the fact that I don't know what they do. I also have a posting restriction to sound confusing as **** at all times. :awesome:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I hope OS doesn't take offense in this! He's successful as a host with what he's doibg even though we're coming from completely different corners of how we view mafia as a game and that's what matters.

This game will be a blast for people who disasfree with me on OS way of hosting games and the ideas are so good that I may steal them in the future! xD

My games are teh best.

Previous games up to All-Star focused on a mafia that needed to work together fluently (i.e., can't have a star player winning it for them) to win and a town that had to overcome a common town weakness that was designed for them to be more present than in traditional games (too much/too little of something, distractions, what have you).

Given that I feel I've exhausted the possibilities of that line of thought (with successful games for the most part), I've decided to make games that are less focused on town overcoming weaknesses as a group but rather overcoming challenges as individuals as well as a group. In other words, everyone is forced to at least attempt to be a star player in some fashion and inactives are punished naturally rather than via modkill or town lynch, and the game as a whole has a greater sense of community.

Or at least that will be the intention of my new games. This is the first in that vein, so we'll see how it goes.

And yes J, you can co-mod.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
/c-c-c-c-c-c-confirm I haven't received anything but I'm pretty sure I'm in this game.

heaven knows what it'll entail

may just buddy marshy ;)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Just pre-game requesting Rake to shut his mouth and not post too much.

Not even being a **** here, it's just bad play and annoying as hell.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I advise you two to work together before posting much of anything at all. Should slow down Rake and help you both.

All in favor say aye.

:phone:

Top Bottom